Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,732 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text (17741 Views)

President Buhari’s 55th Independence Speech - Full Text / Jonathan: Nigeria Owes Obasanjo Debt Of Gratitude / Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Amasuccess: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Best Speech ever written by any Nigerian President. I nearly thought it was Obama's speech.

This speech has changed my perception and given me a reason to become more detribalized.

Regarding the National Dialogue; it is high time we disussed amongst other things;

1 FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE OF STATES
2. STATE POLICE
3. SOCIAL WELFARE SCHEME
4. BIOMETRY
5. STATE OF BIRTH/STATE OF ORIGIN PARADOX
6. ABROGATION OF QUOTA SYSTEM
7. NIGER DELTA IDENTITY AND BIAFRA COMPENSATION AGAINST THE 20 POUNDS INSULT AND IMPOVERISHMENT.

Valid points from a sound mind
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by roxell120(m): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2013
Brimmie: If After Ur 6 Years In Aso-Rock, And Me N Ma Household Still Cnt Feel "Fresh Air" Or See "The Transformation", Then Be Ready To Die Like Samuel Doe Of Liberia!

Ur Blokos Is Goin To Be Tied To Haojue Suzuki And Drive Thru Badagry Express Road!

God Bless Me N Ma Family!
I cant believe this! ure bereft of ideas and creativity. how dare u spew this against mr president for ur lack of wisdom to make sth out of ur life.I know uve no skill that can fetch u money and ure waiting for Jonathan to give u job u know nothing about. PRAY FOR UR PRESIDENT. with ur mindset uve given up. this country!
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Aedesmuskeeto: 11:42am On Oct 01, 2013
emma_best2000: Nice one GOODLUCK
i already knew some mumu GOATS will quote the whole thing just for "nice one goodluck".

Anyways, God bless naija.

#goatmode
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by olivertwist: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2013
solomon111: Nice speech.
For a moment i thought i was listening to Abraham lincoln.

I hope you are not a dead man walking cos the last time I checked, Abraham Lincoln is dead.

The voice of JEG the writings of Abati.

Anyway, Happy Independence anniversary to Nigeria, my beloveth country.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by kolidave: 11:49am On Oct 01, 2013
Why una dey commemd am na. No be presido write the speech na,his own is just to read it. I'm sure he doesn't know half of what is written there sef. Buh the person wey write the speech try oooo,he go don dey form am since new year day.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by wetdspace(m): 11:52am On Oct 01, 2013
solomon111: Nice speech.
For a moment i thought i was listening to Abraham lincoln.

The job was given to Abati, who eventually gave the job to an American.
I never remember anyone address Nigerians as folks!
I smh for the man of the zoo o.

God bless the hustlers.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by UDENSCO: 11:53am On Oct 01, 2013
When people talk of corruption, kidnapping, bombing, etc. i wonder if GEJ is the problem. In your office, what do you do? The only sure way to solve the myraid of problems in Nigeria is for all of us to have a rebirth of our mind. When this is done, you don't need any president to keep this country going perfectly. When we rid off ourself from get-rich-quick syndrome, we'll be there. God Bless our country.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by 1oracle(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Chikeziehosan: please verify ur facts well , 1m per meal...Is he a blue whale..?..dat blunder alone az written off every jargon u posted..Naija go... beta..pack if u don tire..
Biafrans who packed many years ago, did you people agree to let them be.
Mr president told us what we want to hear simple and short.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by kossyablaze(m): 11:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Insulting Nigeria on Independence Day for not
being like the USA is like insulting your father on
his birthday for not being as rich as Dangote.
Grow up!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by kinguwem: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
The North-East is a failed zone. Gideon Orkar was right. The earlier the Zone is ostracized, the better.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by DrArewa(f): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
God bless nigeria...God punish gej!
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Brimmie(m): 12:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
To All The Morons That Quoted Me, Una Go refffuS Aswear!! grin grin
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by sushisushi: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Letz all have a possitive mindset towards Nigeria even if u think we re not where we shud be as a nation. Pray for ur country it will help more than criticism. D speech has been delivered u can choose to believe it.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by ceejayluv(m): 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hadeyeancah:

This is NIGERIA report card at 53 years.

Kidnapping..............A1

Electricity.... .........E8

Education...... .......E8

Prostitution... .......A1

Good Road........... ..D7

Banking Sector.....E8

Bombing........ .. .......A1

Creativity..... .........D7

Telecommunication.......E8

Security....... ............F9

Corruption..... .........A1

Cash Embezzlement.....A1

Leadership..............F9

Job opportunity.... ...F9

I'll give Banking and Telecoms a C each...
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by obandy: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
This man has my vote, and that of my wife, and the support of our kids who cant vote due to age ineligibility, come 2015. God bless Nigeria.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by bongila(f): 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brimmie: If After Ur 6 Years In Aso-Rock, And Me N Ma Household Still Cnt Feel "Fresh Air" Or See "The Transformation", Then Be Ready To Die Like Samuel Doe Of Liberia!

Ur Blokos Is Goin To Be Tied To Haojue Suzuki And Drive Thru Badagry Express Road!

God Bless Me N Ma Family!

I really hope someone is seeing and reading this. I hope also that the same guts you've shown on NL typing this will be there when you are called to give account.
People really ought to be careful of what they type online faceless forum or not.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Rogo: 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2013
For GEJ speech more 30 years stay in ASO rock. All church bomber and their boss die in Jesus name.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by NOLONGTIN1(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
kolidave: Why una dey commemd am na. No be presido write the speech na,his own is just to read it. I'm sure he doesn't know half of what is written there sef. Buh the person wey write the speech try oooo,he go don dey form am since new year day.

Which president dey write his speech? If u become president today believe me, you no go write ur speech, they have people that do that..... You just tell the writer a summary of what you want to say, the writer as a professional arranges it, even governor no dey write their speech.
So I don't know what's all these 'the president didn't write it', if the speech good swallow your pride and say it because if it's bad u no go remember say no b presi written am

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Phikom(m): 12:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
well articulated and structured speech...#touching#...God bless Nigeria...thank you Jesus for making me to see a day like this...
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
May God bless Nigeria & Nigerians.
Happy 53rd Independence Day.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
I said it before. GEJ, will make alot of highly controversial decisions as we draw closer to 2015 and to the end of this present tenure. For now,s let's watch the SNC unfold...
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
KwoiZabo: l am afraid. The President is constituting a committee for National dialogue, and the president of the Senate also made mention of it on resumption in the face of these G5 or 8 governors palaver. This is serious O. Odikwa very risky and all the post I've read so far Nobody seems to be talking about it. Mr President, I love and respect you so much and i know these abokis have pushed us to the wall so much but be careful cos this is a recipe for division. embarassed
isnt that what we always wanted.
Now he's got the balls to push for it, you losing 'yours' undecided
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by kaeto(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hadeyeancah:

Banking Sector.....E8

Cash Embezzlement.....A1

i am a GEJ die hard fan for tribal hatred meted out against my people over the years. But I would love to stay true to my conscience by agreeing 100% with this report. Kudos!
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by 3rdeye1(m): 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
I can't see the 'heart' of mr president in this speech. Almost nothing serious even the advisory committe cos David Mark had hinted us already...and if u think he(GEJ) was bold, na ogogoro dey work...
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hadeyeancah:

Banking Sector.....E8

Cash Embezzlement.....A1

how dare you give creativity D7...you dey mad!!! grin

Creativity...A
Banking....B
Telecom....C
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
3rd eye: I can't see the 'heart' of mr president in this speech. Almost nothing serious even the advisory committe cos David Mark had hinted us already...and if u think he(GEJ) was bold, na ogogoro dey work...
dude such hint doesnt come without series of underground consultations.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by mcvize(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nice speaches bt one thin that We should knw is that we elected him there is he a ghost to me i think a better nigerian can be achieve if you and me contribute in one way or the other instead of insulting an finding one fault or the other.i love nigeria good or bad dnt have another.GOD bless ma president,bless nigeria and bless seun and you that is reading..hurrey @53
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by kutchs: 1:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brimmie: To All The Morons That Quoted Me, Una Go refffuS Aswear!! grin grin
Go and hang ur frustration on your father for failing in his duty as a parent commissioned by God to raise human beings and not the beast of burden you have turned into. pls reserve a major chunk of that insult for him for even am sure he's regretting causing a nuisance to the society by having you.
Jonathan is not your problem, you are..

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by deslloyd: 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
Y do we blame everything on de fed. Govt? Am sure sum of u guys xpect de fed govt 2 do de roads 2 ur houses b4 u can say fed govt is working. Hold ur state govs responsible & leave de fed govt alone. State govts get monthly allocations 4 most of dese tins u complain(roads, agric, employment, etc.) De president is trying.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Yujin(m): 1:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
bory09: happy independence to us all. Is there where food is shared freely in celebration of independence in lagos
Yes. At the central market in Badagry. The dishing out of food will stop by 2:30pm. Hurry up while the food lasts.
Lol.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Freksy(m): 1:53pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hadeyeancah:

Banking Sector.....E8

Cash Embezzlement.....A1

Your grading is inconsistent. Kidnapping and bombing can't each be A1, while Job opportunity and security are marked F9 each.

There is no nation under the sun, where leadership can be marked, F9, while corruption and cash embezzlement are A1.
Re: President Jonathan’s Nigeria At 53 Speech - Full Text by Delandmark: 2:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: Happy 53rd Anniversary Naija!
#GEJ_till_2019
try and be informed, its not too late Bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Renews Arrest Warrant On Tompolo, Orders Security Agencies To Produce Him / Forget Presidency Until Buhari’s Tenure Is Over, Anenih Tells pdp / Osun Rerun: We Will Resist Any Form Of Conspiracy Against Adeleke – Kwankwaso Wa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.