Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park (2640 Views)

PPP To Buhari, NASS: Commence Referendum For Biafra Agitators. / Aba : Tension In Osisioma As Police, Army Clash (photos) / Nigerian States From Richest To Poorest (ppp) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by IgboDelta: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2013
Abia Signs PPP Framework for $1Billion Osisioma Industrial Park

By Chineme Okafor
Based on its decision to relocate industrial workshops and warehouses within the state to a befitting site, the Abia State Government has entered into a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) framework with a firm, Acroideation International Limited, to commence the development of a $1 billion 300-hectare industrial park to be located at Osisioma.

The project, which first phase was expected to be inaugurated in December 2014 with the construction of about 34,346 units of workshops is however projected to consist of a totalled number of 68,692 units of industrial workshops and warehouses sited on 200 hectares, while 1,000 units of residential estate would occupy the remaining 100 hectares when completed.

Tagged the “Abia International Industrial City” (ABIIC), Head, Project Management Team of Acroideation, Seyi Olufade, told journalists yesterday in Abuja, that ABIIC, which was borne out of the need to establish key sectors of the economy of the state, would establish the foundation for the development of competitive domestic products for export, thus, launching the state into the rich field of global economy within time.

Olufade explained that with all its offerings such as expansive shopping malls, warehouses and over 10,000 capacity commercial car park amongst others, ABIIC which he said, was just about a kilometre from the state’s commercial town of Aba will be operated on a Build Operate and Manage (BOM) basis for 35 years from the date of inauguration by Acroideation.

He also said the firm had secured technical partnerships from European and Chinese firms, adding that the United Nations Industrial Organisation (UNIDO), Nigeria’s Bank of Industry (BoI) and Nigerian Investment Promotions Commission (NIPC) amongst others have shown keen interests in the industrial park.

Olufade said: “With the visit of the then Work Bank President, Paul Wolfowitz, in 2005 to view the popular Ariaria market Aba in company of the now Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, it was clear that all the affluence and influence are tucked in Ariaria market and the sway it portends to the Nigerian economy.

Critical elements affecting the growth of the industrial market include lack of product branding, design, packaging, marketing and funding, the ABIIC project is the response to these problems; it is a landmass of 300 hectares in Osisioma, about 1km from Aba town.”

He disclosed further that the industrial complex would rely on the 24 hours electric power supply pledge of the Geometric Aba Independent Power Plant to power its activities with further alternative arrangements, adding that the PPP had been crafted to insulate it from political interference in the case of changes in government.

“We have the strong partnership of the state government, the needed funding and technical expertise have been secured and we are ready to push forward the project with a groundbreaking event slated for September 2013 to herald the commencement of construction,” he stated.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abia-signs-ppp-framework-for-1bn-osisioma-industrial-park/156836/

3 Likes

Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by IgboDelta: 10:29am On Oct 01, 2013
SOUTH EAST NIGERIA IS NOW INVESTORS PARADISE DUE TO THE SECURE, HOSPITABLE AND FAVORABLE INVESTMENT CLIMATE. IF YOU HAVE NOT INVESTED IN SOUTH EAST YET, THEN HURRY BECAUSE YOU ARE LOSING OUT ON HUGE PROFITS AND TURN OVER.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Abagworo(m): 10:35am On Oct 01, 2013
I think this is old news. What will probably tickle my fancy is seeing pictures indicating the level of work so far.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Nipules(m): 10:36am On Oct 01, 2013
This project will not be completed.
Na money dem wan chop
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by cashkid18(m): 11:21am On Oct 01, 2013
my prayer is dt it shud cum to reality n does nt end up on nl fp
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
http://www.abiicng.com/

This website is the main page of the project for those that think its a fluke. This is the 2nd massive project going on in ABIA state. It is PRIVATE TOO

Barth Nnajis company has signed an MOU with them to supply all the electricity in that complex.

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
NAIJA_SOM: http://www.abiicng.com/

This website is the main page of the project for those that think its a fluke. This is the 2nd massive project going on in ABIA state. It is PRIVATE TOO

Barth Nnajis company has signed an MOU with them to supply all the electricity in that complex.
website that has nothing in it. Mtchew

pics or it didnt happen.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by jbaur24: 12:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Good initiative. Keep it up!
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by LordNaya: 5:03pm On Oct 01, 2013
IGBOLAND IS BLESSED AND FAVOURED BY GOD
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Sloan: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
www.abiicng.com was Registered in 2013, expire in 2014??

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by IGBOSON1: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
TribalEAST: website that has nothing in it. Mtchew

pics or it didnt happen.

^^^You want pics?.....go take a leaping dive (butt nake/d) into the nearest crocodile infested river and you'll get as many pics as you want!

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^You want pics?.....go take a leaping dive (butt nake/d) into the nearest crocodile infested river and you'll get as many pics as you want!

Cheers!
grin why is your thread that has been opened since dawn not getting any comment even from ndi igbo?

Ok, they all know dat it is a pipe dream under T.A orji.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by ba7man(m): 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nipules: This project will not be completed.
Na money dem wan chop
Its funded by private investors and they'll execute it efficiently in order to realize their investments back.

They can't steal their own money naa.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by LordNaya: 11:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
More investment should be made in the South East of Nigeria
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Ajibel(m): 6:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Good one. It's hightime news of massive capital projects in S/E be heard. Hopefully, it can be actualized
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by geeez: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2013
Theodore Orji
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by geeez: 6:52am On Oct 02, 2013
Theodore Orji grin
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by obyrich(m): 7:02am On Oct 02, 2013
Abagworo: I think this is old news. What will probably tickle my fancy is seeing pictures indicating the level of work so far.
I'm on the same page with you on this. The December 2014, hmmm.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by chiomen: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2013
good initiative from the state govt
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by obyrich(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2013
Sloan: www.abiicng.com was Registered in 2013, expire in 2014??
Scam alert activated.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 02, 2013
Fake News. Smh

When a government initiates an idea and doesnt invest one naira to execute it, is that really a PPP ?

Otherwise how was the new timber and new umuahia market built ?
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2013
Every day they are building edifice on the front pages of news paper. smh! sad
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by obyrich(m): 7:49am On Oct 02, 2013
Ajibel: Good one. It's hightime news of massive capital projects in S/E be heard. Hopefully, it can be actualized
My dear we are used to these kind of news/ scams. During Orji Kalu's regime, it was dredging of Azumiri Blue River for a world class tourist centre situated at the Enyimba hotels. Project was initiated by Mbakwe's regime. The only effort made by Kalu was to fence that hotel and put it up for sale. Today that place is an eyesore as mad people, sorry MOPOL have messed it up. Go to waterside and see for yourself. The revitalisation of Aba and Umuahia regional water schemes also featured on their promises with a lot of chest-beating and radio jingles. Thank God these circus clowns did not drown the capital city with water running out from rusted pipes. One of the broken pipes was situated on Akanu Ibiam road, less than 50 metres from the government house, a publicity stunt I think. In less than a month the taps dried up in umuahia. Aba did not see any of these. Theirs was executed on the pages of newspapers. Then the Ogwe Golden Chicken and Abia Palms Project with their foreign counter-parts. Should I forget the Golden Guinea with its great promises? I was hoping to do my 400 level Industrial training there given the constant jingles and funfare that followed it up. Go there and see if you will not kill a python in the premises. AH! The almighty Aba Metallurgical Complex? The one that will make us the real Japan of Africa? I go there to hunt antelopes. The Osisioma Luxury Park terminal? Hmmm. Unless you want to travel to Lagos with Keke Napep or Rickety taxis. Not even a single luxury bus. The MeCure diagnostic Centre at ABSUTH? Na big big rats you go see inside. Funny? That's the truth. We have heard enough lies from these people. Nti echigo anyi.

1 Like

Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Dpeacemaker101: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2013
T.A Orji don't bite more than what you can chew and put us in debt later. We know all these scams now.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by ifyalways(f): 9:09am On Oct 02, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Every day they are building edifice on the front pages of news paper. smh! sad
Lmao.
But brethren on a serious note,where is this 1b dollars project? No picture here or website. Can a kind nlder in Aba help us?
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by donzico2: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2013
Good one Gov TAO... Long Live Abia..
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by B2mario(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2013
obyrich: My dear we are used to these kind of news/ scams. During Orji Kalu's regime, it was dredging of Azumiri Blue River for a world class tourist centre situated at the Enyimba hotels. Project was initiated by Mbakwe's regime. The only effort made by Kalu was to fence that hotel and put it up for sale. Today that place is an eyesore as mad people, sorry MOPOL have messed it up. Go to waterside and see for yourself. The revitalisation of Aba and Umuahia regional water schemes also featured on their promises with a lot of chest-beating and radio jingles. Thank God these circus clowns did not drown the capital city with water running out from rusted pipes. One of the broken pipes was situated on Akanu Ibiam road, less than 50 metres from the government house, a publicity stunt I think. In less than a month the taps dried up in umuahia. Aba did not see any of these. Theirs was executed on the pages of newspapers. Then the Ogwe Golden Chicken and Abia Palms Project with their foreign counter-parts. Should I forget the Golden Guinea with its great promises? I was hoping to do my 400 level Industrial training there given the constant jingles and funfare that followed it up. Go there and see if you will not kill a python in the premises. AH! The almighty Aba Metallurgical Complex? The one that will make us the real Japan of Africa? I go there to hunt antelopes. The Osisioma Luxury Park terminal? Hmmm. Unless you want to travel to Lagos with Keke Napep or Rickety taxis. Not even a single luxury bus. The MeCure diagnostic Centre at ABSUTH? Na big big rats you go see inside. Funny? That's the truth. We have heard enough lies from these people. Nti echigo anyi.
Hahahahahaha, nwanne nwayo, you are on a high speed apply some break please, obi adila gi oku. I totally agree with you lets just keep our finger across and watch them, but the way people are publicising this and the shopping mall i think some must surely come out of them. But as of that the golden guinea and modern ceremic, i'm still watching T.A orji with one eye.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by B2mario(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: T.A Orji don't bite more than what you can chew and put us in debt later. We know all these scams now.
if they can do it and put us on debt no wahala. Atleast Donald Duke brought N70bilion debt to cross river state after building tinapa, obudu cattle ranch, ugep city etc.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by obyrich(m): 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
ifyalways:
Lmao.
But brethren on a serious note,where is this 1b dollars project? No picture here or website. Can a kind nlder in Aba help us?
There is a big billboard of the Aba Mega Mall with the Portrait of T.A.ORJI on it at the culvert opposite Osisioma motor park. That's all there is to see for now. Soon they will flood this place with graphic images of the Mall's design prototype. Next groundbreaking and foundation laying ceremony. Then it will be to your tent O' isreal. All these media hype is just because of the scheduled visit of the president tomorrow. Someone must appear to be working. I hope that ịma ife a na alụ.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by obyrich(m): 12:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
B2 mario: if they can do it and put us on debt no wahala. Atleast Donald Duke brought N70bilion debt to cross river state after building tinapa, obudu cattle ranch, ugep city etc.
We can't excape debts. Whether they built anything or not debts must be hung on our necks. The air we breath in Abia State is provided courtesy of the loan collected by government.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by Abagworo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
obyrich: My dear we are used to these kind of news/ scams. During Orji Kalu's regime, it was dredging of Azumiri Blue River for a world class tourist centre situated at the Enyimba hotels. Project was initiated by Mbakwe's regime. The only effort made by Kalu was to fence that hotel and put it up for sale. Today that place is an eyesore as mad people, sorry MOPOL have messed it up. Go to waterside and see for yourself. The revitalisation of Aba and Umuahia regional water schemes also featured on their promises with a lot of chest-beating and radio jingles. Thank God these circus clowns did not drown the capital city with water running out from rusted pipes. One of the broken pipes was situated on Akanu Ibiam road, less than 50 metres from the government house, a publicity stunt I think. In less than a month the taps dried up in umuahia. Aba did not see any of these. Theirs was executed on the pages of newspapers. Then the Ogwe Golden Chicken and Abia Palms Project with their foreign counter-parts. Should I forget the Golden Guinea with its great promises? I was hoping to do my 400 level Industrial training there given the constant jingles and funfare that followed it up. Go there and see if you will not kill a python in the premises. AH! The almighty Aba Metallurgical Complex? The one that will make us the real Japan of Africa? I go there to hunt antelopes. The Osisioma Luxury Park terminal? Hmmm. Unless you want to travel to Lagos with Keke Napep or Rickety taxis. Not even a single luxury bus. The MeCure diagnostic Centre at ABSUTH? Na big big rats you go see inside. Funny? That's the truth. We have heard enough lies from these people. Nti echigo anyi.

I passed Osisioma recently and it has changed tremendously. The Park has been turned to a garden and a new park was located about 3 or 4 kilometers up same Road. That's about the best thing. Orji did. Like I wrote earlier, nobody will take Orji serious unless we start seeing pictures of the projects at different levels.
Re: Abia Signs PPP Framework For N163 Billion Naira ($1b) Osisioma Industrial Park by IgboDelta: 2:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
Governor TA Orji runs a bad government which have failed the people of Abia State no doubt. THIS IS NOT A STATE GOVERNMENT PROJECT BUT A PRIVATE SECTOR PROJECT IN COLLABORATION WITH THE WORLD BANK, UNITED NATIONS INDUSTRIAL FUND, FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE, ABIA STATE GOVT, BANK OF INDUSTRY, NIGERIA EXPORT PROMOTION COUNCIL, EUROPEAN AND CHINESE FIRMS. ABIA STATE GOVT HAVE DONE ITS PART BY PROVIDING 300 HECTERS OF LAND, THE FUNDING AND CONSTRUCTION OF THIS CITY WOULD BE DONE BY THE PROFIT DRIVEN PRIVATE SECTOR IN COLLABORATION WITH THEIR FEDERAL AND INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court And Kinsmen Come Out Heavily Against Tambuwal / Am Yet To Undestand Something... What Is Really Happening In This Country? / Biography Of Sir Onowu Emeka Anyasodike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.