Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Post your PHP Problems Here - Webmasters (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Post your PHP Problems Here (63240 Views)

Thread For All Your Blogging Related Problems Here / Get And Request For Your Php Problems Here / Connecting To Your Gmail Account From Your Php Application. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by sojmann(m): 5:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
Please I am having problems with removing the featured image from the homepage and post page in my wordpress blog.
I have looked for plugins and have even tampered with some code,messing up the whole site,which I had to start from scratch.
How do I get the featured images off the post and home pages??

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Nobody: 4:20am On Jan 13, 2015
oyinkembu:
I need this help.I used a joomal template to design a we application on wamp server.I exported the data base from wamp to the online database I created and I hosted it using file zilla but the problem is that the application is not displaying on the online server.I need help
Seems you did not upload the files to the public_html folder
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Akinsnaira: 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
Please, hosting your domain name with 'web.com', what is the cost and benefit?

The experienced fellow in the house
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Webhost(m): 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nihtem Solutions - One of the best web design companies in Nigeria Call 07030595653 for all your web design related services...
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by DONOCSO(m): 8:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Elvisten10:
Hello,

If You need help or request solutions to problems on php, kindly post on this thread.

No matter how simple or complex it is, people are here to help.

Happy Coding smiley

How can I port html to php?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by akay48(m): 9:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
Webhost:
Nihtem Solutions - One of the best web design companies in Nigeria Call 07030595653 for all your web design related services...
PLEASE, keep your postings to the ads section. Do we have Mods around here?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by akay48(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Akinsnaira:
Please, hosting your domain name with 'web.com', what is the cost and benefit?

The experienced fellow in the house
This thread sir, is opened to solve PHP related issues, your question does belong in another thread.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by akay48(m): 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
DONOCSO:

What do you mean by "port html to php"?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by DONOCSO(m): 9:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
akay48:

What do you mean by "port html to php"?

custom php cms
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by xyluz: 12:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
DONOCSO:

What do you mean by port?

HTML and PHP are two different things, you can hardly write a PHP code without the use of HTML. PHP is a programming language, HTML is not. If by port you mean, switching ... then its not possible nor necessary.

I hope i was able to help?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by DONOCSO(m): 1:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
xyluz:

What do you mean by port?

HTML and PHP are two different things, you can hardly write a PHP code without the use of HTML. PHP is a programming language, HTML is not. If by port you mean, switching ... then its not possible nor necessary.

I hope i was able to help?

Yes. Thanks.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by xyluz: 1:30pm On Jan 15, 2015
FUNCTION TO LOG ERROR MESSAGES...

function log_error( $action, $message="" ) {
//fetch date
$datestamp = strftime("%Y-%m-%d", time());
//name error file, using my datestamp as name code
$errorfile = 'log/error'.$datestamp.'.txt';
//checking if the file already exists
$newError = file_exists($errorfile) ? false : true;
//open the file and write the error message inside
if($handle = fopen($errorfile, 'a')) { // append
$timestamp = strftime("%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S", time());
//get user info
$content = "IP of User: {$_SERVER[REMOTE_ADDR]} {$timestamp} | {$action}: {$message}\n";

fwrite($handle, $content);
fclose($handle);
if($newError) { chmod($errorfile, 0755); }
} else {
echo "Could not open log file for writing.";
}

Usage Example here:

http://xyluzcodes..com/2015/01/pdo-tutorial-series-2.html

Tell me what you think.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by xyluz: 1:57pm On Jan 15, 2015
DONOCSO:

Yes. Thanks.

You're welcome
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Adesege(m): 9:38pm On Jan 22, 2015
oyinkembu:
I need this help.I used a joomal template to design a we application on wamp server.I exported the data base from wamp to the online database I created and I hosted it using file zilla but the problem is that the application is not displaying on the online server.I need help

Hope my answer is not coming late? If not...

There are a couple of things which can cause this. First check if the default files which are loaded upon creating your host are deleted. If they are not, trying deleting those files especially "default.html".

Hope i've been able to help
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Walexwal: 6:33pm On Jan 27, 2015
Pls knidly help me on my site problem. www.agripreneurforum.com. I just uploaded this script. I was told the problem is with my mysql database but I don't know how to create it. Pls kindly help!
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by lovebondz(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2015
Walexwal:
Pls knidly help me on my site problem. www.agripreneurforum.com. I just uploaded this script. I was told the problem is with my mysql database but I don't know how to create it. Pls kindly help!

You don't know how to create a MySQL database?

First, check the FAQ page of your hosting provider for their MySQL connection configuration.
Open your website via FTP and change the settings in Connections/forum.php to the one from your host (check line 9)
Your site should work.
Login to your cpanel
Under PHP settings, turn off Display Errors.

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by ispeaklight(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2015
mine is not realy a problem, i need to know what platfrom was myschool.com.ng built on, and how can i learn to build a site like that?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by lovebondz(m): 8:34pm On Jan 28, 2015
ispeaklight:
mine is not realy a problem, i need to know what platfrom was myschool.com.ng built on, and how can i learn to build a site like that?

Check Built with

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by xyluz: 10:37am On Jan 29, 2015
Walexwal:

The response given by lovebondz is actually good. However, since you're new to database issues... i advice you focus on PDO or MySQLi as mysql is no longer in use and might not be supported in future.

You can read more here: http://xyluzcodes..com/2015/01/pdo-tutorial-series-1.html
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Walexwal: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
xyluz:

The response given by lovebondz is actually good. However, since you're new to database issues... i advice you focus on PDO or MySQLi as mysql is no longer in use and might not be supported in future.

You can read more here: http://xyluzcodes..com/2015/01/pdo-tutorial-series-1.html
tnks bro!

1 Like

Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Walexwal: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2015
lovebondz:

You don't know how to create a MySQL database?

First, check the FAQ page of your hosting provider for their MySQL connection configuration.
Open your website via FTP and change the settings in Connections/forum.php to the one from your host (check line 9)
Your site should work.
Login to your cpanel
Under PHP settings, turn off Display Errors.
. Tnks sir
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by aje75(m): 6:34pm On Jan 29, 2015
Walexwal:

sorry bro did i just see sql error reported on ur site while itz online ??
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Walexwal: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
aje75:

yes sir!
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by Walexwal: 8:04pm On Jan 29, 2015
aje75:

yes sir! Pls can you help me rectify it bro?
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by xyluz: 3:55am On Jan 30, 2015
Walexwal:
yes sir! Pls can you help me rectify it bro?

wow... the first thing you should do is put it offline... Or just use the @ sign in front of your queries to hide the error message.

Then, the problem is probably your server name, is your hosting default localhost? Check with your hosting company for the right server name. And also check that your password is correct.

I also noticed that you have directory listing turned on, that's very dangerous. I suggest you read your hosting company knowledge base to learn how to turn off directory listing.. its usually straight forward...

You might also want to take note of your file and folder naming convention, its too predictable...

I hope this was helpful.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by lovebondz(m): 2:16pm On Jan 30, 2015
xyluz:
You might also want to take note of your file and folder naming convention, its too predictable...

Too predictable? I don't understand. With directory listing turned off using proper htaccess and only allowing specified routes to be accessed, I don't get how predictable naming conventions are a problem.

Take me for example, my uploads and libraries are not in a publicly accessible path but other files are. Enlighten me.
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by xyluz: 4:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
lovebondz:

Too predictable? I don't understand. With directory listing turned off using proper htaccess and only allowing specified routes to be accessed, I don't get how predictable naming conventions are a problem.

Take me for example, my uploads and libraries are not in a publicly accessible path but other files are. Enlighten me.

No, normally... i guess it doesn't matter what you name your folders... but if he had named his folders better or used names that are not so common, even with directory listing turned on i might still have a bit more difficulty guessing the folder names used.

I just think there can not be too much security measures when it comes to programming and especially web...

But maybe its just me being paranoid... smiley
Re: Post your PHP Problems Here by fraphael: 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2015
Hw to b changin content

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Is Your Blog Powered By Wordpress? / Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. / Top Google Searches By Nigerians 2015;Arsenal,Buhari,Diezani Arrest tops d list.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.