Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? (2565 Views)

Spiritual Attack Is Real. How To Protect Yourself / The Bible Says The Earth Is Flat While Quran Says Its Spherical, Wow / God Is An Annunaki And Came From Planet X Or "Nibiru". (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by texanomaly(f): 2:31pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I didn't interprete. the book is very clear on creation.
First of all, how long is a day to someone who thinks in terms of eternity? Have you considered that?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: bible does not say anything of this nature. i suggest you read it carefully. can you quote the verse in the bible that backs your post

Exodus 20:11

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

And don't go about the nonsense that 1 day is not actually 1 day because the same god in Genesis chapter one went out of his way to emphasize that each day is a normal 24 hour day. For example in verse five he said:

"And there was evening and there was morning, one day."

Verse 8: "And there was evening and there was morning, a second day."

Verse 13: "There was evening and there was morning, a third day."

For each day of creation the pattern is the same: evening, morning, number, day. Just part of that pattern, for example using the words "evening" and "day" together, tells us it was a 24 hour day. But god says in three ways -- evening, morning, number -- that the word day means... an ordinary 24 hour day. god is making it very clear: he created everything in six ordinary days.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
texanomaly:
First of all, how long is a day to someone who thinks in terms of eternity? Have you considered that?

A day on earth is 24 hours to anybody.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by texanomaly(f): 2:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
obadiah777: from your interpretation it took 6 days to make the earth ? lol bible does not mention anything about the world being created. the world could be millions of years old for all i know
What Bible are you reading?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

A day on earth is 24 hours to anybody.
Let me ask you a question, Adam 930 years, when did it start counting?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Let me ask you a question, Adam 930 years, when did it start counting?

I don't know. Its the holy book of god that said it. If you doubt the book, say so.

Anyway, no matter when it started counting, the verse made it clear that "in all together", he was 930. So start from anywhere you want, he died at 930. Except you are calling the most holy word of god crap. Are you?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I don't know. Its the holy book of god that said it. If you doubt the book, say so.

Anyway, no matter when it started counting, the verse made it clear that "in all together", he was 930. So start from anywhere you want, he died at 930. Except you are calling the most holy word of god crap. Are you?
Good, its started counting after the fall, when man disobeyed, and Adam was already adult n married to eve. So when u want start making ur calculation take that into consideration.
Let me help u a bit, man was initially created to live forever. So how old do u think the earth is
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
joe4christ:

Bros, biblical scholars are of the opinion that from the period of creation in Genesis to this present day, the earth is just about 6000+ old, maybe you should do some research yourself by making maximum use of your google.
Thanks anyways!

what biblical prove does this bible scholars have? the bible didnt tell us how long it took God to create the earth?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Good, its started counting after the fall, when man disobeyed, and Adam was already adult n married to eve. So when u want start making ur calculation take that into consideration.
Let me help u a bit, man was initially created to live forever. So how old do u think the earth is

Let me highlight it for you because you may have blinded yourself to it.

Genesis 5:5

5 [size=15pt]Altogether,[/size] Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

It means, in all in all. count from wherever, adam was 930 years old when he died. period.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 4:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Man was never suppose to live forever. our home is heaven. our llives are just borrowed
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
JMAN05:

what biblical prove does this bible scholars have? the bible didnt tell us how long it took God to create the earth?
pls, are u a christian?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Let me highlight it for you because you may have blinded yourself to it.

Genesis 5:5

5 [size=15pt]Altogether,[/size] Adam lived a total of 930 years, and then he died.

It means, in all in all. count from wherever, adam was 930 years old when he died. period.
No! the reason for the word Altogether was because is lifetime was split when it was being narrated, how long he lived b4 giving birth to Serth, how he lived afterwards and then the total.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof: Man was never suppose to live forever. our home is heaven. our llives are just borrowed
No God created man to live for ever Gen 2:16-17 NET 16 Then the LORD God commanded the man, “You may freely eat fruit from every tree of the orchard, 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will surely die.” man would have lived forever if he didn't disobey the above instruction
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by ooman(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2013
story story ^^
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by plaetton: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
No God created man to live for ever Gen 2:16-17 NET 16 Then the LORD God commanded the man, “You may freely eat fruit from every tree of the orchard, 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will surely die.” man would have lived forever if he didn't disobey the above instruction

1st. Where does the bible say that god created man to live forever?
So saying that if you eat this , you will die is the same as saying if dont eat this you will live forever?

2nd. In Genesis 2:22 " And the Lord God said, behold, the man is become as one of US, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever".

So here we see that God is afraid that Adam may attempt to eat the tree of life and live forever, something he and his fellow elohim never intended for Adam.

Anyone with common sense should already know that no biological entity, infact, nothing lives forever. The dynamism of the universe requires that things start from simple to complex, and then break down to simple again.

Have you not heard of the carbon cycle?

If your god created man to live forever, how would the earth's resources and ecosystem have coped? There is only a finite number of humans that can occupy a finite earth.

When will you graduate from junior sunday school?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by texanomaly(f): 5:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Hmmm...I've never thought of that. How long were they in the garden before Eve partook of the forbidden fruit?
Interesting.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 5:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
plaetton:

1st. Where does the bible say that god created man to live forever?
So saying that if you eat this , you will die is the same as saying if dont eat this you will live forever?

2nd. In Genesis 2:22 " And the Lord God said, behold, the man is become as one of US, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever".

So here we see that God is afraid that Adam may attempt to eat the tree of life and live forever, something he and his fellow elohim never intended for Adam.

Anyone with common sense to should already know that no biological entity, infact, nothing lives forever. The dynamism of the universe requires that things start from simple to complex, and then break down to simple again.

How you not heard of the carbon cycle?

If your god created man to live forever, how would the earth's resources and ecosystem have coped? There is only a finite number of humans that can occupy a finite earth.

When will you graduate from junior sunday school?
Smh! this the reason I keep telling u guys to leave the bible alone it doesn't follow common sense! God didn't want man to live forever in the fallen state. John 3:16 ".... whosoever beliveth will not perish but have everlasting life", the word eternal or everlasting is used severally in the NT, where did u think they got the concept from?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
texanomaly:
Hmmm...I've never thought of that. How long were they in the garden before Eve partook of the forbidden fruit?
Interesting.
Actually the mystery of that part of genesis is very interesting and the explanation is right there in the bible! that's why I just laughed when atheists, that know next to nothing about the bible come here n start bragging, I know straight away its due to ignorance.
Let me give u another clue, first I said man was created to live forever right? what if I now tell u that Adam & Eve actually the live so millions of years b4 the fall? (remember the clue is in the bible)
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
No! the reason for the word Altogether was because is lifetime was split when it was being narrated, how long he lived b4 giving birth to Serth, how he lived afterwards and then the total.

Exactly!
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Actually the mystery of that part of genesis is very interesting and the explanation is right there in the bible! that's why I just laughed when atheists, that know next to nothing about the bible come here n start bragging, I know straight away its due to ignorance.
Let me give u another clue, first I said man was created to live forever right? what if I now tell u that Adam & Eve actually the live so millions of years b4 the fall? (remember the clue is in the bible)

I had to laugh at this. Really. cheesy
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 6:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Exactly!
That is after the fall
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I had to laugh at this. Really. cheesy
Keep laughing! you may or may never know the whole truth. But the funny thing about this, is that proving this from the scriptures is very simple.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by plaetton: 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
this comment contradicts the competence of ur Bible
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 6:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
So if man lost immortality cus of eating dat fruit, how can u explain other animals case of death
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by plaetton: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof: So if man lost immortality cus of eating dat fruit, how can u explain other animals case of death

I wonder o.

Also if Eve was cursed with painful childbirth, how come other mammals also suffer painful childbirths?
Where they cursed along with Eve too?
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof: So if man lost immortality cus of eating dat fruit, how can u explain other animals case of death
Actually not only animals but the whole earth! Man was giving dominion over all the earth and its inhabitants Gen 1:26- 30, pls go back and read the charge God gave to Noah after he came out of the ark. So man's disobedience did not only bring corruption n death to him alone but to everything he had authority over. In fact the earth is gradually dying.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Christians free urselves from mental slavery and stupidity
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by plaetton: 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof: Christians free urselves from mental slavery and stupidity

You can say that again.
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by macof(m): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
noblefada:
Actually not only animals but the whole earth! Man was giving dominion over all the earth and its inhabitants Gen 1:26- 30, pls go back and read the charge God gave to Noah after he came out of the ark. So man's disobedience did not only bring corruption n death to him alone but to everything he had authority over. In fact the earth is gradually dying.
rubbish! u are Christian. Where in ur bible was dat ever stated
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Re: For Real, How Old Do You Think Planet Earth Is? by noblefada: 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
macof: rubbish! u are Christian. Where in ur bible was dat ever stated
I won't bother showing you because you won't believe if I do.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Feel About God? / 10 Things Only Those Who Attend White Garment Churches Will Understand / How Popular Nigerian Televangelist TB Joshua Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.