Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. (16098 Views)

Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 / Your Best Nigeria Tv Station? / Favorite Nigeria Tv Station N Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dat stupid coke advert of "Brrrr", ee nah work one day!
I downed THREE (3) chilled bottles afta seein d advert, NATHIN!
Very stupid lie-lie advert angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by habex050: 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
abeg if them no lie like that how them go sell?
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
JideTheBlogger: MTN Fastlink advert cry cry cry

The babe download and printed everything b4 th boss enterd the office shey? Check out this download speed on emptyhen treegee

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
Telecomms promos. They are are scam.
But shaaa all companies do persuasive Adverts.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Rolsberg(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Michael Sokoto: D pix below had neva one day in it's entire existance been promo-ed or TV-advertised, buh ee dey work DIE! grin
my guy abeg you don dey make mi salivate oya send some for mi i don put my bluetooth on shocked
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by olahero(m): 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Michael Sokoto: D pix below had neva one day in it's entire existance been promo-ed or TV-advertised, buh ee dey work DIE! grin
I go drink abeq, if I don't c it, e no go tempt me drinks Lodz.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Green222: 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
If you follow adverts in naija, na OYO be your name...
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by njideoby(f): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
MAMA GOLD RICE; from de advert, when you perceive the aroma,you will start floating in the air, I refuse to cook it in my house.

COW BELL MILK; have this fantasy that when one drinks it, the person will become like those cow drinking it in the advert.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Rolsberg(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
Michael Sokoto: Dat stupid coke advert of "Brrrr", ee nah work one day!
I downed THREE (3) chilled bottles afta seein d advert, NATHIN!
Very stupid lie-lie advert angry
you go follow dat coke advert ? You jst die of beri- beri grin
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Symphony007: 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Which simpleton brought this hogwas to frontpage? What is becoming of this stupid forum. There are educative and well researched threads wasting away in sections and this trash is making frontpage. Who ever owns this forum had better do a review or risk irrelevance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Ignatio(m): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Milo, your kid drinks it and becomes a super-athlete.

Only indomie is telling the truth.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by mspee(f): 4:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
Indomie - e no dey belleful. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by BarryX(m): 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2013
Extra Joss nko -- one willy drank it and he outwitted Tevez to score a header
I was like WTF !! That na beans

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by ajasa4link: 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
That blueband advert wey the woman dey use bicycle climb motor dey flew because she wan give her children butter for school...if u try am for ojuelegba,Na igbobi straight o

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by eblazer(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
chindi: Happy Independence Day Nairalanders.
I want to use this medium to expose some of the tv commercials that doesn't work as advertised. Below is a list of the adverts:

DETERGENTS: Most adverts on detergents (if not all) doesn't truely work as advertised. Ariel, Omo, Klin, among others 'one wash' adverts are scams. I have used most of the detergents on tough stains but 'e no dey comot once'. I'll have to change water and rewash all over before the stains will be removed (after hard scrubbing until my flesh peel comot).

VICKS BLUE: '...Vicks blue go sama dat ur cough and catarrh one time...' I've tried this when I had cough and catarrh but it doesn't work. At times, I end up taking a dozen of vicks blue all to no avail. If you have tried taking just one and it worked for you just lemme know.

ONGA: ...mama's helping hand. The advert shows that when you use Onga seasoning on any meal, it turns out delicious, chei! What if say na potty I dey cook, so if I just add onga d food go sweet, abegi! Tell me something else. Well, all na advert sha.

PANADOL: From the advert, when you take panadol for pain relief, you will be relieved immediately, ONE TIME! I have taken panadol when I had headache but I wasn't relieved of the pain immediately, I had to rest for a while before I regained 'my head'.
More will be sent, not until you post yours.

Long live Nairalanders
Long live Nigerians
Happy Independence!
..what about the never dying U.B.A #bank advert.I think the man should be so grey by now
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by debayun(m): 4:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
GustavoFring: The Flourish Toothpaste Ads from Back in the Day.

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry

Lwkmd lmfao oluwa oooo

Anyhw ma own nah close up white nw d close wey deem talk sey if u use ur teeth go white immediately nah big lie
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by begwong: 4:54pm On Oct 01, 2013
eblazer: ..what about the never dying U.B.A #bank advert.I think the man should be so grey by now
dat man dey kamkpe oo!
dey do anchor a program with his wife Nneka;Goge Africa.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 01, 2013
lmao grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by debayun(m): 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
homesteady: Harpic - for washing toilet! In the advert - pour harpic on the suface of your WC, leave for ten minutes, scrub, then flush! And your WC will be sparkling white!
In reality, if you like leave it for 24hours, the stain will not go!

Nah lie ooo he mean sey d 1 u buy nah fake ma own harpic dey work as he b 4 television dat 1 nah true

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
Paroman: op.....is this supposed to be a joke?
Wetin sef?
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Ganiz(m): 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pls, na MARKETTING STRATEGIES!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by kayClt(f): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Michael Sokoto: I've seen semo, seen poundo-yam even refined amala flour buh the pix below had neva one day in it's entire existance been promo-ed or TV-advertised, buh ee dey work DIE! grin
cum sell pass grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Stunner1(f): 5:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
njideoby: MAMA GOLD RICE; from de advert, when you perceive the aroma,you will start floating in the air, I refuse to cook it in my house
COW BELL MILK; have this fantasy that when one drinks it, the person will become like those cow drinking it in the advert.

Rotfl facking hilarious
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by sarutobie(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
homesteady: Harpic - for washing toilet! In the advert - pour harpic on the suface of your WC, leave for ten minutes, scrub, then flush! And your WC will be sparkling white!
Lies! It works wella..na only you sabi the the conction wey you dey dump inside your wc..
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by nickz(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
what's this one saying
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by valicious1(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Symphony007: Which simpleton brought this hogwas to frontpage? What is becoming of this stupid forum. There are educative and well researched threads wasting away in sections and this trash is making frontpage. Who ever owns this forum had better do a review or risk irrelevance.
Once had a lecturer like you in my school days, never saw anything good in anything, was an extreme sadist, kill-joy and unrepentant pessimist,he freely and constantly enjoyed givingout F's to students just cos he loved the expressions on their faces when they saw their results, he once nearly succeeded in convincing the whole class that jesus christ was sent by God to earth for his own selfish reasons and fullfilment buh I got some news for you bro, the dude is DEAD and gone FOREVER.

Quit being a saddist

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by haykayforreal(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
u 4get abt d ads öf Always pad used by women 4 dia mensural tin...d ads shocks,na student wey dey jump and dance dem go dey show 4 us,dem no dey show ao dem dey use am...mtchewww!
Rubbish
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2013
Symphony007: Which simpleton brought this hogwas to frontpage? What is becoming of this stupid forum. There are educative and well researched threads wasting away in sections and this trash is making frontpage. Who ever owns this forum had better do a review or risk irrelevance.
Nairaland is makin more followers by d minute in which u are one of dem. Dat ur topics have neva made fp is not a guarantee 4 u derail dis thread..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
valicious1:
Once had a lecturer like you in my school days, never saw anything good in anything, was an extreme sadist, kill-joy and unrepentant pessimist,he freely and constantly enjoyed givingout F's to students just cos he loved the expressions on their faces when they saw their results, he once nearly succeeded in convincing the whole class that jesus christ was sent by God to earth for his own selfish reasons and fullfilment buh I got some news for you bro, the dude is DEAD and gone FOREVER.

Quit being a saddist
WORD
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Abbey2sam(m): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tholudee: Always undecided undecided e no dey reach 8 hours

Na one week you wan do with am ?
Nawa o!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
haykayforreal: u 4get abt d ads öf Always pad used by women 4 dia mensural tin...d ads shocks,na student wey dey jump and dance dem go dey show 4 us,dem no dey show ao dem dey use am...mtchewww!
Rubbish
Ur Babe will explain dat 2 u bro
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by homesteady(m): 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
poison ivy19: Sorry to digress,bt one advert am sure works z sensodyne.ve tried it and it does exactly wat d advert says z xpected frm its constant usage;helps wit sensitive tooth.

Yea! That's true! The toothpaste is powerful!
But its expensive! N600 or more

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naruto:The Seventh Hokage and The Scarlet Spring(anime/manga)Discussion Thread / Real-life Fight: Donnie Yen Vs Jet Li / Sitcom Vs Soap Opera Vs TV Drama?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.