Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,233 members, 7,807,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. (16093 Views)

Top 10 Nigeria TV Adverts For July 2011 / Your Best Nigeria Tv Station? / Favorite Nigeria Tv Station N Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by homesteady(m): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
Ignatio: Milo, your kid drinks it and becomes a super-athlete.

Only indomie is telling the truth.

Indomie ke? What of that their fantastic4 advert? Big boy, swifty, stretch and vision?
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by goldfish80(m): 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2013
The death of Fathai Rolling Dollar made us to understand that Yoyo bitters does not elongate life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Tunjman(m): 5:36pm On Oct 01, 2013
@OP: Read Arnold Tom Bee's Advertising and Criticism.

The reason we have regulating bodies in place is to vet all advert copies before they're used. I could remember when MTN first came out, its payoff line was 'best connection' but, was asked to withdraw it as it isn't ethical to use such word.

**A critic of advertising once said Advertising lures people to buy what they don't wish to buy. Like sheep, they move towards the direction of colourful advertising messages*** but someone countered this assertion by saying advertising is just there for those who are in need of what is being advertised. For instance, a lame man can never be moved to action to purchase an advertised designer shoe. In short, what you need is what you pay attention to when it's being advertised.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Tholudee(f): 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dygeasy: Why You Sef Dey Use am For 8hours? undecided

E For Don Dey Smell Nau!

Ahn Ahn. Later You Go Con Request For Head.

undecidedundecided
oga relax and read again,mayb you go understand what I mean by then
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
For me it has to be that Mortien Liquid Electrical refill crap. The one u buy and plug via ur wall socket. Crappiest product I tell u. At least Detergent will still remove stains afer a tough time. But di product does absolutely NOTHING! angry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Tholudee(f): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
Abbey2sam:

Na one week you wan do with am ?
Nawa o!!!
so are you saying you don't understand that simple sentence ? Smh for you
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Ignatio(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
homesteady:

Indomie ke? What of that their fantastic4 advert? Big boy, swifty, stretch and vision?

That's just a cartoon they used to attract kids.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
GustavoFring: The Flourish Toothpaste Ads from Back in the Day.

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry

Odikwa very funny. Hehehe
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Pdizzle(m): 6:02pm On Oct 01, 2013
9ja itself na scam

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by ketoprofen(m): 6:18pm On Oct 01, 2013
Wat abt d One -nigeria adverts on NTA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Chartey(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2013

The one where a woman stranded on a desert island uses here brilliant white teeth to signal a helicopter flying above.

Only God knows how many times I was smiling at the sky under hot sun,hoping that an aeroplane would park and carry me away. angry
NAIRALAND MUST GIVE US THE "FAVORITE" OPTION NOW!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by ibiso1986: 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2013
Wat about that close up advert wey they just dey show people with white teeth.. They talk say the close up go make ur teeth white.. I advise my neighbour to dey use am since last year. My neighbour teeth never white till now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by tbagjames(m): 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2013
Indomie hungry man size. I chop two of the packet finish hunger still d catch. I no sure say dem get my size

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
what about that hypo advert? The one that the man came out of his car and all the students had to cover their faces because of the reflection coming from the man's white shirt&trousers that he washed using hypo. Hypo! Hypo!! E go white o! All na wash.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Tinyemeka(m): 7:45pm On Oct 01, 2013

Wrong. smiley
Dude was stranded on the island. A lady was the helicopter pilot.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Greatozone(m): 7:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
Anyi enweghi advert mana o kacha ele. That is we no get advert but e dey sell pass.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by DECOtech(m): 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2013

It was a guy who was stranded, not a woman. the helicopter pilot happened to be the woman.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
tbagjames: Indomie hungry man size. I chop two of the packet finish hunger still d catch. I no sure say dem get my size
Ur belle na bottomless pit ni

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by marcangelo(m): 8:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
So so true espc d detergents...
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by akahp(m): 8:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
eblazer: ..what about the never dying U.B.A #bank advert.I think the man should be so grey by now
dah advert d vex me eh!!!
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2013

una no go kill person for this nairaland.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
k.style:
detergents......off topic.....wats up with d soap adverts with chicks taking their bath and dey wont show us d full package...jst their bck....it getz on my nerves lyk mad......show me evrytn......is it 2 much 2 ask
especially delta soap.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 01, 2013
Dygeasy: Why You Sef Dey Use am For 8hours? undecided

E For Don Dey Smell Nau!

Ahn Ahn. Later You Go Con Request For Head.

undecidedundecided
so between 7am and 3pm she suppose change am, for where and how? What if she de work for place when no go give her chance?

Na so your sister dey change am or that na the lie your babe dey tell you?

Mumu, you no fit head girl when de see her thing because as she dey Jones no be oil dey commot na blood. Na the reason dem de avoid lashing that period but you no go know because you never get babe for the life you come so.

Who even tell you say normal flow dey smell self? Omo make you park well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Owakoi: 9:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
poison ivy19: Sorry to digress,bt one advert am sure works z sensodyne.ve tried it and it does exactly wat d advert says z xpected frm its constant usage;helps wit sensitive tooth.

sory babe.Sensodyne jst woks 4 d dentin hypersensitivity bt later creates a hole in ur teeth by filing away tooth matter.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
homesteady: Harpic - for washing toilet! In the advert - pour harpic on the suface of your WC, leave for ten minutes, scrub, then flush! And your WC will be sparkling white!
In reality, if you like leave it for 24hours, the stain will not go!
na rust you de throwaway when you go white house abi wetin happen?

Abi u de leave your dump stain from monday to Saturday when you go wash am? If na so next time add Jik join dem no de lie.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by iphy42: 9:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
What about the Amstel malt 'ever young' advert, abi na 'Air wick' air freshener wet no dey smell anything, abi na all those Mimi anti bacterial soaps that are harsh and can damage the skin more than the bacteria they claim to remove?
Don't even talk about the Nollywood adverts, na vex u go use dump the film if u dare 'grab your copy'
Most na wash

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
Michael Sokoto: Dat stupid coke advert of "Brrrr", ee nah work one day!
I downed THREE (3) chilled bottles afta seein d advert, NATHIN!
Very stupid lie-lie advert angry
Aboki that advert is an allegory.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
ms_pee: Indomie - e no dey belleful. undecided
babe if I know u physical, you for chop 2 hungry man size finish for my front.
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by J0nyb0y(m): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2013
hypo.. Yeye people
Re: Nigeria's TV Commercials That Do Not Work As Advertised. by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
blink182: Aboki that advert is an allegory.
Blinking 1985, wat iz 'Brrr' ? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Naruto:The Seventh Hokage and The Scarlet Spring(anime/manga)Discussion Thread / Real-life Fight: Donnie Yen Vs Jet Li / The Bisi Olatilo Show: Bos Is The Boss Of All Tv Talk Shows In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.