Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Parcel Cake Tutorial - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Parcel Cake Tutorial (2445 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2013
Last weekend a friend received an order for a parcel cake, so I decided to share the following steps with my fellow cake lovers.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2013
First strap placed at centre from one end to the other.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Straps placed at 90 degrees angle on cake.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:16pm On Oct 01, 2013
Brushing the border with water to place fondant beads, these can also be piped on.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2013
Roll out fondant as thin as the size of beads you want.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2013
Place insilicon former and remove excess.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:45pm On Oct 01, 2013
Stick on cake border

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Repeat process until border is covered.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
Make your bows same process as the straps and place over a rolling pin.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:57pm On Oct 01, 2013
Roll out fondant for a tag.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 9:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Miseed out this step of the tag.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2013
Tag
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pipe some royal icing in centre and stick on ribbons.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2013
Final product.

Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by degurl(f): 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nice work ruby. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 10:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
You are most welcome.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by tpia5: 12:19am On Oct 02, 2013
nice.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by bece: 8:34am On Oct 02, 2013
Nice Ruby did u use gumpaste or fondant for the bows?
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by zionjewel: 8:50am On Oct 02, 2013
nice one ruby, thanks for sharing.....

more sharing expected.....hehehe. * wink*
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
tpia@:
nice.

@tpia thanks

bece: Nice Ruby did u use gumpaste or fondant for the bows?

@ bece I used fondant all through, since it is a very basic design.

zionjewel: nice one ruby, thanks for sharing.....

more sharing expected.....hehehe. * wink*

@ zionjewel thanks.... more sharing expected, let me know if there is anything specific you will like to know. I gained some of my cake design knowledge by other people sharing free, so why cant I share mine free? grin
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
I forgot to mention in my tutorial that you measure the length of you cake including the side to know the length of the trap.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by dimplecakes(f): 10:44am On Oct 03, 2013
Rubyventures: I forgot to mention in my tutorial that you measure the length of you cake including the side to know the length of the trap.

Thanks ma'am for the tutorial.

Pls ma........I will like to knw the difference btw plain cake and sponge cake

Pls can u give me the recipes for both cos I learnt sponge cake is much fluffy and lighter just like foam.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
dimplecakes:

Thanks ma'am for the tutorial.

Pls ma........I will like to knw the difference btw plain cake and sponge cake

Pls can u give me the recipes for both cos I learnt sponge cake is much fluffy and lighter just like foam.

@dimplecake
i will try to aanswer your questions as best as i can because i dont really understand what you mean by plain cake but for clearificaton purposes i will assume that you mean medeira cake.

The difference is that spone cake has got more air, is much lighter thats how it gets its name sponge. Some sponge cakes do not contaiƱ butter and there are some that do not contain the yolk of the egg only the egg white.

I will include more cake recipes as time goes by. For the time being i have included The Victorian Sponge recipe. Most cake recipes originate from this.

VICTORIAN SPONGE CAKE

The secret to geting a fluffy cake is by creaming the butter and sugar together at a moderate speed. Once you get that creamy texture add the eggs gently and do not let it coagulate. Fold in the flour. Make sure you sieve your flour first to incorporate air. This will make your cake lighter.

Try this victorian recipe : 250g each sugar,butter and flour(self raising). Four medium size eggs 1tsp vanilla 1 tsp lemon juice or milk (optional)

Try this method and let us know how you get on.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by dimplecakes(f): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
Thanks Ruby!!!!!!!!!

Let me explain more on wat I called plain cakes/ sponge cakes.

I have seen that most pple making or training people , call their plain cakes ......."sponge cake". But someone called my attention to it that the so called sponge cake by most nigerians bakers are just plain cakes. That the sponge cake is so light like foam, very very very fluffy. The person said its either butter is not there or maybe egg is not there or probably, they used only egg white.

And that the recipes is not the normal flour, sugar, butter, preservative, eggs, flavor, milk (optional) and all the recipes have mentioned above is for plain cake.

I hope u understand me.

Pls anyone can contribute!!!!!!!!
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
@ dimple cakes

It is not the recipe that makes the cake sponge, but how you combine them, you have got to understand the chemistry of each ingredient and what it does to the cake.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by dimplecakes(f): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
Rubyventures: @ dimple cakes

It is not the recipe that makes the cake sponge, but how you combine them, you have got to understand the chemistry of each ingredient and what it does to the cake.

Thanks for ur time.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by zionjewel: 11:20am On Oct 04, 2013
I think I would like t know how you make ur roses using butter and fondant / gum paste.... I don't like how my roses appear.

meanwhile @ dimplecakes....
there is actually nothing like plain cakes... its d madiera cake dat pple refer to as plain which rubby has given u the basic recipe
But to get something spongier, u eliminate d fat and yolk cos dey make d cake denser....

We learn everyday...
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Simplykay(f): 11:53am On Oct 04, 2013
Thanks for sharing Ruby. God bless you.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
zionjewel: I think I would like t know how you make ur roses using butter and fondant / gum paste.... I don't like how my roses appear.

@ zionjewel my next tutorial will be how to make gumpaste for flowers so please bare with me.

Simplykay: Thanks for sharing Ruby. God bless you.

@ simplykay thanks for you lovely comments.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by degurl(f): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2013
@dimples, sponge cake does not contain butter at all. Also the recipe calls for lots of eggs with
little flour. The eggs and less flour are what gives it it's spongy texture.
Go to YouTube and search for sponge cake by Joy of baking.
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by bece: 4:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
@degurl/dimple some sponge cakes do have butter in them check out Buddy Valastro sponge cake recipe. I think American sponge do and brits don't add butter/margarine

@
Re: Parcel Cake Tutorial by Rubyventures: 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2015
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

SOLD...Now You Can Blend That Food And Veggie With This Portable Blender for all / Pounded Yam Blender / Yam Burgers (with picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.