Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,194 members, 7,780,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:39 PM

'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? (3533 Views)

Abacha Died 17years Ago Today...What Do You Remember Him For??? / Obj's NEW SONG: "Do Something New" / Nigeria Is 25 Theme Song By Bongos Ikwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Nigeria is 25
The odds we did survive
Arise salute the nation
Come join in the celebration...
Like bees in a hive we work so hard to make...
.... but not without the use of the hoe...

Can anybody remember this song? I loved it then and I still love it now. Please who sang it then? Where can I get the song or lyric? Please help! I'll give a word of prayer to anyone who can help out. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Infomizer(m): 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2013
Increase your offer. Prayer will not do! lol wink cheesy
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by bigtt76(f): 11:51pm On Oct 01, 2013
That was Bongos Ikwe ...lovely theme song to the celebration. I guess now we got more people like Ibori etc to compose such hehehehe
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 02, 2013
I was 7 and in primary 3 back then. I still remember the song very well. IBB was head of state. That was when we used to receive free text-books in those day. Nigerian Airway was still in operation. Naira was more valuable back in those days.

E go betta again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by lagbaja(m): 2:11am On Oct 02, 2013
Nigeria is 25. The odds we did survived
Arise, salute the nation
Come Join the celebration
The people united will never fall
The sun will shine and the rain will fall
On our land, vast and mighty
Richly blessed by the almighty
Like bees in the hive, they work so hard to make the honey flow
But not without the use of the hoe
Arise, salute the nation, come join the celebration
Nigeria is 25, Nigeria is 25

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
lagbaja: Nigeria is 25. The odds we did survived
Arise, salute the nation
Like bees in the hive, they work so hard to make the honey flow

Thanks, lagbaja. May God bless you for taking me back to the good old days!
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
payless: I was 7 and in primary 3 back then. I still remember the song very well. IBB was head of state. That was when we used to receive free text-books in those day. Nigerian Airway was still in operation. Naira was more valuable back in those days.

E go betta again!

Yes! I lived in Shomolu in those days, and I remember a big wrap of sliced bread (I mean the real thing, not the yeast thing we're now force-fed) went for N1 !!!!
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
payless: I was 7 and in primary 3 back then. I still remember the song very well. IBB was head of state. That was when we used to receive free text-books in those day. Nigerian Airway was still in operation. Naira was more valuable back in those days.

E go betta again!

Amen o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Infomizer: Increase your offer. Prayer will not do! lol wink cheesy

Money ain't everything u know smiley
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by tubolancer(m): 7:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
Oh I love that song! over the years things had gone bad.
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by naso2(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2013
lagbaja: Nigeria is 25. The odds we did survived
Arise, salute the nation
Like bees in the hive, they work we 'll so hard to make the honey flow

Not very sure but i think my correction is right.

I really really loved that song.
Re: 'Nigeria Is 25' Song. Do You Remember It? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
This one na old peoples' home thread ooo, lol. I was a bit too young to remember the details, just a very sketchy idea of it. I think IBB had only just dribbled his way into power then, and things were quite great. Na so so Michael Jackson and Bob Marley LP dem dey play for our home those days. The eighties were so lovely, really.

(1) (Reply)

Have You Noticed Picture Quality Of NTA Lately? / CERTIFICATE SCANDAL: BUHARI'S Popularity/Integrity On A Sharp Decline NationWide / SAMBO LOSES HIS WARD-KABALA-WARD 05 WOEFULLY TO APC-LEADERSHIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.