Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? - Gaming (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (21340 Views)

Poll: Your preferred next generation console?

Sony Ps3: 50% (47 votes)
Nintendo Wii: 18% (17 votes)
Xbox 360?: 31% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Easy Way To Downgrade Sony PS3 / :: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB :: / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by blacklion(m): 5:05am On Sep 28, 2009
@ kosovo, you're biased against xbox so yr views don't count! grin

i already have ps3 and wii. very happy with them but would like to explore xbox too.

any other comments pls? so absolutely no one here knows where i can fix xbox rrod in lagos? na wa o!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 5:12am On Sep 28, 2009
@blacklion,
@ kosovo, you're biased against xbox so yr views don't count!

i already have ps3 and wii. very happy with them but would like to explore xbox too.

any other comments pls? so absolutely no one here knows where i can fix xbox rrod in lagos? na wa o!
you troll,  i am not biased, i have an xbox too. like i always say i started gaming when i was 5. i have all console man can make,

RROD repairs? keep making noise okay?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 4:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
if you bring money into consideration, then the 360 is miles ahead of the ps3.

otherwise, well, the 360 is still ahead of the ps3 for one main reason - it has better exclusive games. simple

i cant imagine a day in my life without Halo 3 and/or Gears Of War 2. grin

P.S. my ps3 will be up for sale by april 2010, when i must have finished God Of War 3. if you pre-order you get a 10% discount grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by blacklion(m): 4:26pm On Sep 28, 2009
ritchboy, are you in Lagos? If yes, do you know if there are technicians in Lagos that can service or repair Xbox? Thanks!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 4:49pm On Sep 29, 2009
@: ritchboy
if you bring money into consideration, then the 360 is miles ahead of the ps3.
DUMBEST thing i have heard in weeks grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Gamine(f): 5:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
you troll, i am not biased, i have an xbox too. like i always say i started gaming when i was 5. i have all console man can make,
You lie!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by blacklion(m): 5:16pm On Sep 29, 2009
Na so so too dey curse unaself, grin to answer simple question, whossaaaiii!!!

Gamine, abeg is there anywhere in Lagos I can find technicians to repair Xbox in case of RROD? Thanks
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Gamine(f): 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2009
sorry dude, i dont know
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 9:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
of course, for an idiot like kosovo, things that make sense will sound dumb and vice versa. cheesy

unlike the ps3, the 360 is modable. in other words you can get 10-15 bootleg 360 games for the same amount you get 1 ps3 game.
or download them for FREE if you have a decent internet connection.

so yes, if you bring costs into the mix, THE 360 IS MILES AHEAD OF THE PS3!

and when you bring the exclusive games into the equation, the 360 shits all over the ps3 grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ritchboy
You are a completely delusional moronic excuse for a human being.

I don't have the time, nor can I put in the effort, to explain why. You're not worth it, and it's pretty obvious. It is, however, in my best interest to inform you of what an idiot you are.

Try learning about the world of videogames yourself. When you know as much about games and exclusives as me, then I'll allow you to reply. But don't you dare say such crap on this site when you don't have enough information/knowledge/evidence to even entitle you to a valid opinion. Your opinion is completely worthless.

Now do some research, little boy, then you'll see why you're getting mocked by everyone on this site for spreading such disgusting crap.

@ blacklion, how many times do we have to go though this?, if RROD could be fixed MICROSOFT wouldn't have spent  $3billion on RROD warranty,  grin including the over $9 Billion loss xbox and it's successor had caused.
but there are a million and one technicians that can service the console in lag, cheers

@Gamine, do you have me in your dreams? grin how did i lie?

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2009
ps3
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 30, 2009
Kosovo
calling u a slowpoke would be an insult to morons. i.e ur wretched father
calling u an slowpoke would be a compliment to you & your pathetic family.
calling u a retard would be a gross understatement akin to calling your mother a 15 naira LovePeddler.

Indeed, no words in the dictionary can paint a vivid enough picture of how worthless a creature you are.

I'd have to receive the holy ghost & speak in tongues to substantially quantify your bewildering inadequacies.

INEPT gay-GOT!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 7:35pm On Sep 30, 2009
@ritchboy

I can't question your existence, an abortion would have done the miracle, but
how about leaving a child who's main aim is to annoy the general online population? grin
what a waste you were
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 8:52pm On Sep 30, 2009
I searched meta-critic recently,
Trying to determine exclusives "worth" buying for the two systems. These are the 'true' exclusive games rated over 75, for each system.

Xbox 360

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation 80
Banjo-Kazooie 77
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts 80
Blue Dragon 79
Crackdown 83
Dead or Alive 4 85
Dead Rising 85
Fable II 89
Forza Motorsport 2 90
Gears of War 2 93
Halo 3 94
Halo Wars 82
Kameo: Elements of Power 79
Lost Odyssey 78
Perfect Dark Zero 81
Project Gotham 3 88
Project Gotham 4 85
Saints Row 1 81

PS3

Eye of Judgement 75
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue 80
Heavenly Sword 79
InFAMOUS 84
Killzone 2 91
Little Big Planet 95
Metal Gear Solid 4 94
Motorstorm 82
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift 82
Ratchet and Clank 89
Resistance 86
Resistance 2 87
Uncharted 88
MLB 09 90
MLB 08 85
MLB 07 77
Singstar 82
Singstar 2 76
Valkyria Chronicles 86
Warhawk 84
Demon's Souls 89
Uncharted 2 97 ( but there is a possibility it can still go further, since reviewers are still popping in their review. 98 or 99, cool)

Plenty of reasons to own either, depending on the person you are and the games you like. grin grin grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 12:07am On Oct 01, 2009
Kosovo
maybe if ur father wasnt so wretched, he would have been able to afford better quality condoms and his filthy semen wouldnt have crept into the god-forsaken ditch ur LovePeddler-of-a-mum refers to as her cunt and the rabid bastard known as kosovo wouldnt be in existence.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by delvinmaya(m): 12:12am On Oct 01, 2009
@ritchman yo man thats too much.even if you have cause to insult him you should go rapping on his family let alone his mother,you seem to lack home training
kosovo why all this mud throwing, whats wromg with you shameless guys?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 12:24am On Oct 01, 2009
Delvinmaya,
are u blind or just plain stupid? cant u see he started it?
Obviously the psycopaths who "trained" you have done a remarkably woeful job.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by delvinmaya(m): 12:29am On Oct 01, 2009
@ritchman you are right am not quite well and i have a ton of insults waiting to be offloaded, a right thinking individual would see that i also talked to him.man dont make angry this good day okay
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 1:43am On Oct 01, 2009
@ delvinmaya, he definately has no home training, i can never insult his family, Never, because i have home training, and anything regarding Games i am miles ahead of him grin, he just can believe that fact, @ ritchboy keep making a fool of yourself, cos my family is way better than yours, your ancestors and your generations combined,
what a waste!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Fuup(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2009
xbox all the way
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Gamine(f): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
@kosovo

You lie that you have every console
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2009
Hahahaha
this HOMELESS buffoon claims to 'have' HOME training, how ironic?!
If u said u 'have' under-bridge training (pick-pocketing, hawking petty goods, etc) i MIGHT have believed you. but i doubt a cess-pit raised nonentity like kosovo even had d 'privilege' to learn such, which u consider virtues.

Perhaps, if u just posted the game ratings rather than calling me names u can only aspire to dream of aspiring to dream of, ur self-esteem wouldve been a tad higher than it currently is. . . which on a scale of 1-10, is a negative integer.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 6:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
@Gamine

okay i admit, lets say i have a majority of consoles man can made, afterall i did not play Atari grin thanks

@ritchboy
it has not changed.
@ritchboy
You are a completely delusional moronic excuse for a human being.

I don't have the time, nor can I put in the effort, to explain why. You're not worth it, and it's pretty obvious. It is, however, in my best interest to inform you of what an idiot you are.

Try learning about the world of videogames yourself. When you know as much about games and exclusives as me, then I'll allow you to reply. But don't you dare say such crap on this site when you don't have enough information/knowledge/evidence to even entitle you to a valid opinion. Your opinion is completely worthless.

Now do some research, little boy, then you'll see why you're getting mocked by everyone on this site for spreading such disgusting crap.
cheers!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
cheers!

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2009
Of course, it has not changed.
A. u can only aspire to dream of aspiring to dream of becoming "dumb", "delusional", "moronic", "idiotic" and most of all, human.
B. the cess-pit dweller u call ur father is still as wretched as ever.
C. calling ur mother a "15 naira LovePeddler" is a compliment, cos the slut actually goes for a third of that.
can u do d math?

now i've entertained you long enough.
Should i put u out of your misery and upload a picture of my feet so u can kiss them on ur screen and "cum in peace"?
RABID gay-GOT
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Humantorch: 10:29pm On Oct 01, 2009
Guys, I want to start a video gaming challenge, not just lagos but all over Nigeria with the aim of going worldwide. What do I do, who do I meet?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 4:51am On Oct 02, 2009
@ritchboy

No one gives a crap about what an idiots like you have to say about Sony and the PS3.

FACTS:

The PS3 is the third fastest selling console in history. after the PS2 and the wii

PS3 games are utterly annihilating the graphics on other platforms.

Sony's completely dominant 20 first party studios are cranking out so many AAA exclusives that gamers are complaining about the hundreds of dollars they are spending just on PS3 exclusives in the last three months of 2009 alone.

Uncharted 2 is being called on of the greatest games in history.

PSN continues to crank out amazingly innovative title after title and not just some dumping ground for PC developers to crap out PC ports to try to milk some extra cash out of their titles.

The massive success of Home with its over 8 million users and constant stream of exclusive content from publishers and developers

The total victory of Blu-Ray bringing glorious 1080p lossless audio to every single PS3 owner

Rock solid reliability

Virtually silent console operation

Cheap and easy harddrive updgrades

But, hey!, common you are a RETARD, and would still remain DUMB! grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 9:57pm On Oct 02, 2009
u know, for such a small person u talk a lot of SHIT!

The xbox 360 has outsold the ps3. Irrespective of the ps3 pushing more units in a particular period.
Can u kindly name these numerous "AAA" ps3 exclusives gamers have been buying in the last 3 months?
Blu rays victory over what exactly? The 360 is also capable of 1080p res. I'm sure u've never seen a movie on blu ray in ur life. Besides, i've watched movies at higher resolutions than the 'glorious' 1080p.
I'd rather reserve my judgement on uncharted 2 until i actually play the game than foolishly get carried away by online hype.
Xbox live is superior to PSN.
The ps3 has its issues.

Sony would never put a lunatic like you on their payroll so i can only wonder why u conjure up such unadulterated rubbish.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 6:35am On Oct 04, 2009
@ ritchboy

u know, for such a small person u talk a lot of SHIT!

The xbox 360 has outsold the ps3. Irrespective of the ps3 pushing more units in a particular period.
Can u kindly name these numerous "AAA" ps3 exclusives gamers have been buying in the last 3 months?
Blu rays victory over what exactly? The 360 is also capable of 1080p res. I'm sure u've never seen a movie on blu ray in your life. Besides, i've watched movies at higher resolutions than the 'glorious' 1080p.
I'd rather reserve my judgement on uncharted 2 until i actually play the game than foolishly get carried away by online hype.
Xbox live is superior to PSN.
The ps3 has its issues.
Sony would never put a lunatic like you on their payroll so i can only wonder why u conjure up such unadulterated rubbish.

360 will be  in last place
Right where it was before it's price cut to $199.

Before the PS3 and Wii came out, the 360 had 12 months with no competition to take over the market. It failed.

Once the PS3 and Wii came on the 360 was sent to the back of the pack in sales. By 2008 the PS3 was outselling it by 35% every month.

Then Microsoft in total desperation dropped the price to $199 and Sony did not respond. The Wii was too far head to catch but they could atleast try to catch up with the PS3. They came close. They went from being far behind the PS3 in average sales to being almost neck and neck.

Then the PS3 price finally dropped.

Average weekly sales from launch:

Wii: 360k
PS3: 180k
360: 161k

Based on current trends, the 360, which never really got out of 3rd place, has a tough road ahead.

The Wii is also up for a deep assessment of strategy.

Note: the Ps3 has sold about 80% of what the 360 has in 4 years, in only 2 and a half years. grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2009
Kosovo,
ur false, bias, and utterly ridiculous comments depict u a retard.

First of all, the ps3 was first released on november 11 2006, that is LESS THAN A YEAR after the 360(nov 22 2005). How u arrived at 4 years(360) to two and a half(ps3) is a testament to ur idiocy.
The 360 has sold about 6 MILLION MORE consoles than the ps3. Almost 3 years on the market is enough time for the ps3 to have drawn level(if its really as great as u say) considering the 360 had a head start of less than a year.
Anyone who has basic math skills or common sense should know the average weekly sales of the ps3 should be higher(in this case its marginal) than the 360's cos the 360
is older.
And finally, the price drop of the 360 was not out of "desperation". . . It was a strategic move which has paid off. The attach rate of the 360 is almost DOUBLE that of the ps3. . . that tells the story.the folks calling the shots at MS are a million times smarter than u.
I am not denying the ps3 MIGHT go on to surpass the 360, but for now, the 360 IS the better console to own.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 04, 2009
@ ritchboy
Kosovo,
your false, bias, and utterly ridiculous comments depict u a retard.

First of all, the ps3 was first released on november 11 2006, that is LESS THAN A YEAR after the 360(nov 22 2005). How u arrived at 4 years(360) to two and a half(ps3) is a testament to your idiocy.
The PlayStation 3 was first released on November 11, 2006 in Japan, November 17, 2006 in North America and South America, and March 23, 2007 in Europe and Oceania.
form my calculation, it's about 2 and half year worldwide, considering the fact that Europe is the second largest gaming market.

The 360 has sold about 6 MILLION MORE consoles than the ps3. Almost 3 years on the market is enough time for the ps3 to have drawn level(if its really as great as u say) considering the 360 had a head start of less than a year.
  the 360 had a year head start with 10 million consoles already sold. it was $200 cheaper than the ps3,  while the ps3 came with a lunch price of $599 coupled with the economic recession, with no games and very poor marketing, now that figure has reduced to 6million. with the recent price cut putting the ps3 price at the same price when the ps2 lunched., the 360 does not stand a chance.
  xbox 360 was the cheapest console, yet it was outsold by the wii monthly, the wii only had a price cut when ps3 slim came out.
Only in America has has the xbox outsold the ps3, even with it's uxorious  price, it's still oversell the xbox yearly, and don't forget the xbox 360 is dead in japan,

Anyone who has basic math skills or common sense should know the average weekly sales of the ps3 should be higher(in this case its marginal) than the 360's cos the 360
is older.
  you lie.

And finally, the price drop of the 360 was not out of "desperation". . . It was a strategic move which has paid off.

lol, it has paid off, really, imagine what will happen when the ps3 enters $199. but another price cut for the 360, to $99  would be disastrous, the ps2 got to $99 in its 9th year.

The attach rate of the 360 is almost DOUBLE that of the ps3. . . that tells the story.the folks calling the shots at MS are a million times smarter than u.
       biggest lies of all time,
check the latest news in the industry.
PS3 has a higher attach rate than Xbox 360,
PS3 attach rate greater than xbox360
the PS3 has a higher attach rate. you just got owned. cheers

I am not denying the ps3 MIGHT go on to surpass the 360, but for now, the 360 IS the better console to own.
sony confirmed that the ps3 would sell 15 million copies the fiscal year, and sony's fiscal year ends in march. by then GOD of war 3 AND  Gran torismo 5 WOULD be out, which are great systems sellers.
thank you.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 05, 2009
The PlayStation 3 was first released on November 11, 2006 in Japan, November 17, 2006 in North America and South America, and March 23, 2007 in Europe and Oceania.
form my calculation, it's about 2 and half year worldwide, considering the fact that Europe is the second largest gaming market.

that is an utterly STUPID "calculation"

xbox 360 was the cheapest console, yet it was outsold by the wii monthly, the wii only had a price cut when ps3 slim came out.

are wii talking about the wii? cheesy

you lie.

can u prove it? grin

lol, it has paid off, really, imagine what will happen when the ps3 enters $199. but another price cut for the 360, to $99 would be disastrous, the ps2 got to $99 in its 9th year.

stop speculating. . . present me with facts not the ludicrous thoughts you think!

biggest lies of all time,
check the latest news in the industry.
PS3 has a higher attach rate than Xbox 360,
PS3 attach rate greater than xbox360
the PS3 has a higher attach rate. you just got owned. cheers

quote the part of that article that suggested the ps3 has a higher attach rate than the 360. u cant! because it doesnt. stop misinforming the public!

sony confirmed that the ps3 would sell 15 million copies the fiscal year, and sony's fiscal year ends in march. by then GOD of war 3 AND Gran torismo 5 WOULD be out, which are great systems sellers.
thank you.

we are talking about the present, my friend!

ritchboy:

didnt u read this?

at this point, i'd like to refer you to a psychiatric institution(bills on me)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Tried This Hidden Game In Google Chrome??? / Fly Microsoft Flight Stimulator (fsx) Online And Earn 100 Dollars Monthly / PlayStation 3 hacking and Game Installation Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.