Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? - Gaming (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (21354 Views)

Poll: Your preferred next generation console?

Sony Ps3: 50% (47 votes)
Nintendo Wii: 18% (17 votes)
Xbox 360?: 31% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Easy Way To Downgrade Sony PS3 / :: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB :: / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 3:58pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ritchboy,
u are just DUMB! and nothing i say or present would change that. keep living in a world of illusion.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2009
Kosovo,
u put one lie ontop the other, all in the name of ps3 fanatism.
I've presented u with undisputable facts which u have no answer to, and now u have nothing left to say. U have lost. . . WOEFULLY.
Next time dont argue with ur intellectual superiors. grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2009
@ ritchboy
Insert Quote
Kosovo,
u put one lie ontop the other, all in the name of ps3 fanatism.
I've presented u with undisputable facts which u have no answer to, and now u have nothing left to say. U have lost. . . WOEFULLY.
Next time dont argue with your intellectual superiors.
very funny indeed!
  fact? huh? were? lol,
you tried, but i am still miles ahead of you,  no hard feelings brogrin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by cuteedd(m): 1:03am On Oct 07, 2009
@kosovo
kosovo:

@ritchboy

No one gives a crap about what an idiots like you have to say about Sony and the PS3.

FACTS:

The PS3 is the third fastest selling console in history. after the PS2 and the wii

PS3 games are utterly annihilating the graphics on other platforms.

Sony's completely dominant 20 first party studios are cranking out so many AAA exclusives that gamers are complaining about the hundreds of dollars they are spending just on PS3 exclusives in the last three months of 2009 alone.

Uncharted 2 is being called on of the greatest games in history.

PSN continues to crank out amazingly innovative title after title and not just some dumping ground for PC developers to crap out PC ports to try to milk some extra cash out of their titles.

The massive success of Home with its over 8 million users and constant stream of exclusive content from publishers and developers

The total victory of Blu-Ray bringing glorious 1080p lossless audio to every single PS3 owner

Rock solid reliability

Virtually silent console operation

Cheap and easy harddrive updgrades

But, hey!, common you are a RETARD, and would still remain DUMB! grin

The PS3 is the third fastest selling console in history. after the PS2 and the wii
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
the PS3 is not the third fastest selling console in the world. pls get your fact straight. the XBOX360  outsells the PS3 and is the third fastest selling in the world. try reading more articles before you post. and also the xbox360 has more games than the PS3. the WII is the fastest selling next generation console in the world with sells of 52.62 million (as of June 30, 2009)units shipped to retailers worldwide, 1 million (as of January 23, 2009)units sold to customers in Australia, 1,060,000 units sold to customers in Canada, 7,526,821 (as of December 28, 2008) units sold to customers in Japan, 18 million (as of January 31, 2009) units sold to customers in the US and 14.2 million (as of December 31, 2008)units sold to customers in Europe WHILE

THE XBOX360 follows with sells of 31 million (as of August 27, 2009)units shipped to retailers worldwide, 700, 000 (as of August 26, 2009) units sold to customers in Australia, 870,000 units sold to customers in Canada, 1,001,191 (as of March 29, 2009) units sold to customers in Japan, 11.6 million (as of October 31, 2008)units in US, 9 million (as of August 14, 2009)units sold in Europe.

THE PS3 STILL PLAYING CATCH UP with sells of 24.6 million (as of August 5, 2009)units to retailers worldwide, 496,000 (as of May 6, 2009)units sold to customers in Australia, 520,000 units sold to customers in Canada, 3,009,395 (as of March 29, 2009) units sold to customers in Japan, 5.7 million (as of October 31, 2008)units sold in the US, 10 million (as of August 11, 2009)units sold to customers in Europe.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 5:05am On Oct 07, 2009
@cute_edd, you are worse than ritchboy,  smiley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles
the PS3 is not the third fastest selling console in the world. pls get your fact straight. the XBOX360  outsells the PS3 and is the third fastest selling in the world. try reading more articles before you post.
Thats where the difference between me and you can me drawn, i have done my calculations and being in gaming industry for a long time,  i can fairly say i understand the market, if you put the xbox sales and ps3 sales year over year , the PS3 is the clear winner,  so what the fu*k are you talking about? you think i just read one article and start to make Noise? i have been following the market every day of the week, every hour of the day, for over 10 years. so my talking with you is simply a honor.

THE PS3 STILL PLAYING CATCH UP with sells of 24.6 million (as of August 5, 2009)units to retailers worldwide, 496,000 (as of May 6, 2009)units sold to customers in Australia, 520,000 units sold to customers in Canada, 3,009,395 (as of March 29, 2009) units sold to customers in Japan, 5.7 million (as of October 31, 2008)units sold in the US, 10 million (as of August 11, 2009)units sold to customers in Europe.
  playing catch up? at a price double it's competition? huh? what hole did you come out from.?
Don't forget, Nitendo and Sony adopted the SOLD to conusmers, while Microsoft still uses the deceiving tactics[b] SHIPPED[/b], when they are not even sold.

if you consider the time frame, between xbox 360 and ps3 release date, the ps3 stands out.
xbox 360 had a whole year without any competition, with a 10.5 million lead, and a cheaper price, but once the ps3 came out, even with a price tag of $600 it began to outsell the xbox360 year over year, so how is the xbox 360 selling faster than the ps3 when the 10.5 million lead has narrow down to 6 million even after a desperate price cut by microsoft to see the xbox drop to $199, becoming the cheapest next-gen console and was still outsold by the wii at a price of $250, but once the ps3 had a price cut, Microsoft had 2 price cuts in 2 weeks and wii had their first price cut, 1.2 million ps3 was sold in three weeks following the price cut to $299. the playstation brand always gets to the main stream in it's 3rd year, the wii has already reached it's saturation point, and the Xbox will go back to where it belongs, The release of gran torismo 5 alone can close the gap to less than 3 million, coupled with Final fantasy exclusively on ps3 in japan, and God of war 3 which can make the ps3 overtake the xbox 360,
  Dont forget the playstation motion control, 'SPHERE' which will take some of the wii casual market, i don't know what PROJECT NATAL would do , since it is an overhyped/cloned PLAYSTATION EYE.   grin
  Thereafter determination of the winner would then come to content and games a console provide over another, Sony definately has the edge on that one, Considering the fact that they are largest 1st party publisher, larger than Nitendo and Microsoft combined, Sony has always said ' this is a marathon and not a sprint, and where the playstation brand wins is best for the industry'
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by medic(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2009
hey kosovo,

take it easy now, you may be a ps3 fanboy, but that one no mean say u dey right.

fact 1: there are more games, and in my opinion, better games on the x360 than on the ps3
fact 2: you cant argue with wikipedia figures: their figures are most likely correct.
fact 3: even without wikipedia, you cant possibly be serious about the fact that the ps3 sells more than the x360. that's a lie and you know it. unarguably, the ps3 has more potential, and will probably outstrip the x360 in sales over the next couple of years, but at the moment, it's still playing catchup
fact 3: i have all 3 next gen consoles, so my fact 1 is unarguable. at least with me.

that is all tongue

medic
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ medic
fact 2: you cant argue with wikipedia figures: their figures are most likely correct.

i have never seen wiki as a reliable source, thats where u fail, wiki had ps2 sales at 145 million sold,
but at the just concluded Tokyo game show, SONY said it has sold 138 million ps2, grin

so where is the reliability?

fact 1: there are more games, and in my opinion, better games on the x360 than on the ps3
i disagree, the only game xbox has it HALO which Microsoft has millked to infinity. lol. grin grin
playstation is where the Diversity is.

fact 3: even without wikipedia, you cant possibly be serious about the fact that the ps3 sells more than the x360. that's a lie and you know it. unarguably, the ps3 has more potential, and will probably outstrip the x360 in sales over the next couple of years, but at the moment, it's still playing catch

if the ps3 was not outselling the the xbox 360 year after year even when the ps3 was double the price of the 360, then how come the 10.5 million lead xbox 360 had when ps3 lunched has narrowed down to 6 million.? if you can answer that question, then we are good to go.

fact 3: i have all 3 next gen consoles, so my fact 1 is unarguable. at least with me.
and i am currently using my 3rd xbox, after 2 RRODs, i must not lie, i really enjoyed HALO AND GEARS ONLY. all other games are bought on my PS3, i dished the wii soon after i bought it, my ps2 has eaten a lot of dust latelygrin and my psp 2000 is with me almost all the time.
medic i must commend the mature way you talked, Honestly.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by ritchboy(m): 12:20am On Oct 08, 2009
i have never seen wiki as a reliable source, thats where u fail, wiki had ps2 sales at 145 million sold,
but at the just concluded Tokyo game show, SONY said it has sold 138 million ps2, Grin

so where is the reliability?

wiki are very reliable, no site is 100% accurate ALL THE TIME. it currrently says 138, i dont know if ur statement is true or if ur just being stupid, as usual cheesy

i disagree, the only game xbox has it HALO which Microsoft has millked to infinity. lol. Grin Grin
playstation is where the Diversity is.

if this was any further from the truth, it will be in another galaxy!

and i am currently using my 3rd xbox, after 2 RRODs, i must not lie,

its quite obvious you are LYING!

i really enjoyed HALO AND GEARS ONLY

u mean u didnt enjoy mass effect? DOA4? Fable 2? left 4 dead? perfect dark zero? PGR3&4?
u mean u didnt enjoy bioshock or ninja gaiden 2 prior to their releases on the ps3 over a year later?
u need help! grin

i dished the wii soon after i bought it,

u "dished" ur wii? grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 12:39am On Oct 08, 2009
wiki are very reliable, no site is 100% accurate ALL THE TIME. it currrently says 138, i dont know if your statement is true or if your just being stupid, as usual 
that was why i used the statement HAD. in my statements. it's people like you that edit the hell out of WIKIS grin no hard feelings,  m just me and no oneelse,  just kiddin, but on the real sense. I HATE WIKIS

and i am currently using my 3rd xbox, after 2 RRODs. i must not lie,
dude, i must not lie, i was not referring to my xboxes, i was referring to how much i enjoyed HALO AND GEARS. anyways you just like to talk. grin
its quite obvious you are LYING!
if it make you pie in your panties, then i am okay.
u mean u didnt enjoy mass effect? DOA4? Fable 2? left 4 dead? perfect dark zero? PGR3&4?
u mean u didnt enjoy bioshock or ninja gaiden 2 prior to their releases on the ps3 over a year later?
u need help! 
m sorry. NO I DIDN'T i played bioshock on my PS3, and i am waiting for mass effect on my ps3, EA owns mass effect.  i know it would come, the enhanced version. grin the rest are garbage.

u "dished" your wii? 
why? grin  i don't just like it.
  what happened? did you forget how to rant and insult as usual? grin meh, thats lovely,  keep it up.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by medic(m): 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ kosovo

i was reading ur reply in mystified silence, when it suddenly hit me!

if you only own a PS3. that WOULD explain a lot of your comments, why else would u say you only like halo and gears of war on the 360? when there are so many REALLY good games there

leaving the wiki issue aside, because that has been answered, it is MY OPINION that the xbox 360 has more and better games.

i'm not a halo fanboy. never have been. i always preferred timesplitters on my ps2 to the original halo. it's tops on a lot of people's lists, so we'll leave that out
as for gears of war, GOW1 was awesome, but GOW2 was just more of the same.and boring. and here's the point. GOW1 may have been awesome, but it's not even in my top 5 games on the 360. BECAUSE I HAVE PLAYED MANY GAMES ON THE 360.LOL. off the top of my head, and i'm sure i'm leaving out a lot of games, the following rank higher than gears of war for me,

in no particular order,

1. mass effect

2. call of duty 4: modern warfare. best shooter i've played in a while. i'm replaying it on PC at the mo!

3.saint's row 2: which i prefer to GTA4 for no particular reason. the only thing that spoils it is the minigames which you have to do first.

4.elder scrolls 4 which was a massive, massive game.

5.fight night 3 and 4: i dont even watch boxing. i cant stand the damn thing. but these games were lots of fun to play with friends, incredible graphics.and there's no feeling like using ali to beat the living daylights out of someone, hehehehe,

6.GTA 4: maybe it's just me, but GTA san andreas was probably the best game i'v ever played.it was perfect. it spoilt gta 4 for me.

7.DOA 4: fast, fun, shallow.lol

8.Soul Calibur 4: this one barely made it into this list.gets tiring after a while, but fighting the apprentice on the hardest difficulty is, well, crazy.lol

9.Street fighter 4: probably the best fighter on any console, but i've ruined one pad already on it,

10.fable 2: ,

11.bioshock: was different initially, but i struggled to finish the game, cos i lost interest after a while. but it makes this list cos of the CGI graphics, and the big daddies,

12. assassin's creed: my copy was bugged. i couldnt play more than half of the game, but the half i played was more than awesome.

, and these are just the ones i remember, cos i have played so many,

AS FOR THE WII,
you probably live alone, but i stay in a hostel. there is nothing, and i repeat nothing that can break the ice more than a wii. it is a crowd puller. boys, girls and everybody in between. the next party you throw, put on a wii and watch. you will have to physically eject people before they leave. as i speak to you, on my wii sports bowling, a girl holds the record of 172. there's a N3,000 prize for whoever breaks her record, because quite frankly, it is embarassing. and it has got some great games. i have got
1. mario kart galaxy
2. super smash bros brawl
3. wii sports
4. zelda: twilight princess: which i'm currently playing. horrible graphics, put me off at first, but i just started playing it <because of the yeye strike> and i have got to say it has got sterling gameplay. just finished the forest temple, you should try it sometime.
5. mario kart wii: which is a kid game, but lots of fun, because u hold d wii remote like a steering while jumping around.

as for the ps3,
there's very little i'l say bout it for a lot of reasons.

1. i have probably played only about 10 games on it. 7 of which were borrowed, because of the horrendously high price for ps3 games in naija. N10-15 K for ONE game? nope.

2. most of the games i wanted to buy on it were on the 360 too,

3. the only game i'v kept on it is MGS4. which to be totally honest, is hands down the best game i'v played on any next gen console.

4. there's no point in both of us hyping the ps3. if you read my previous post carefully, i probably mentioned there that to be totally honest, the ps3 will probably outdistance the other 2 consoles in game quantity and quality over the next couple of years. but at the moment, my honest opinion is that the 360 is a better console to have AT THE MOMENT.

i probably will never convince you, but the truth is that we are both gamers. we love games. so there's no need for us to diss each other. let's agree to disagree on the ps3/xbox360 issue k? grin cool

that is all
medic.

P.S: btw, every gamer worth his salt owns a psp. it's not a big deal. i cant even find mine now.it's probably under my bed or something.once used to be ga-ga over it.LOL.even used to use it as a flash drive and an mp3 player, but since i got a 120gb ipod classic, it has become redundant.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by allemark: 8:26am On Nov 26, 2012
Well, keep your electronic devices like new Nintendo Wii safe & protected with style with Silicone Skin covers. Add a great splash of color by Nintendo Wii Skin Cover to your device and provide a great instant protection all around.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Tried This Hidden Game In Google Chrome??? / Fly Microsoft Flight Stimulator (fsx) Online And Earn 100 Dollars Monthly / PlayStation 3 hacking and Game Installation Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.