Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,252 members, 7,807,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? - Gaming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? (21347 Views)

Poll: Your preferred next generation console?

Sony Ps3: 50% (47 votes)
Nintendo Wii: 18% (17 votes)
Xbox 360?: 31% (29 votes)
This poll has ended

Easy Way To Downgrade Sony PS3 / :: Brand New Sony PS3 Super Slim 250GB :: / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by darez: 4:28pm On May 19, 2007
Nice games
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 7:06am On May 20, 2007
Whoa, realmajid, thats terrible.

At the moment the 360 is still a new/fragile console, so I still treat it like its made of glass, no-one should touch it, I'm not carrying it around, etc etc. Maybe middle of next year or early 2009 I'll buy a second unit that can be rough-handled.

The only solution I can offer is to take the unit to Alaba. Even if they cant fix it, theyll have leftover psu's from busted 360's that they may sell to you if you ask around and keep your wits about you (beware of 419).

When I mentioned starcomms, I was talking about a dial-up connection, yes it works. If you are a little network savvy, what i'll say is any connection that lets you ping an internet address *by name* should be OK. Most, anyway.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by realmajid(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2007
Thanks for the advice, DMZ.

I wonder if u could elabporate on that pinging *by name* thing you said about networks.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by texazzpete(m): 9:29pm On May 21, 2007
@realmajid
Don't let anyone fool you about the 'power conversion' thingy. the 360's PSU is external, and it does the conversion from AC to DC outside the console. when yopu get ur 360 repaired, try and get the power pack from a UK 360. that'll take 240V AC input and convert it to what the 360 needs.

Later, man!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by echowords(m): 10:13pm On May 21, 2007
Hey 'R'Majid sorry about that. My former XB(first version) suffered the same faith. Blew on the same day i bought it.(careless me).

@DARK
I guess it was my fault then, cause i usually position my 360 vertically. well I've already made plans to buy a new one and keep
the old one as a souvenir.
For the XBlive stuff. I try it out as you said.though I'm a bit confused as to how i gonna get my 360 to connect to the net using my
starcomms line(Dial up) Like how can i dial my isp.
by the way does gold work in Nigeria?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 11:45am On May 22, 2007
@realmajid

what TP is trying to say is that the Alaba boys will try to bamboozle u by trying to sell u a replacment US psu PLUS step-down. They will claim that the US 360 will not work with a UK psu. But this is, of course, a lie.

Like I said, beware of 419. Test everything and do not believe in Guarantees. Buy on credit if you can. Make sure the proper serial numbers are on the reciepts. But of course if uve bought from Alaba before, youll have no wahala.

@echowords

Yeah gold works. But you can't game on a starcomms line. Lags like hell. I also couldnt play DOA4 even on EVDO. lags to death. Starcomms has a latency problem, even on high bandwidth connections. I hear reltel has better pings, but cant substantiate that. Like I said, I use Live for Silver stuff- demos and Xboxlive arcade games/videos. Gold is only useful for online leaderboards. (and spectator mode, which is painful)
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by realmajid(m): 2:02pm On May 22, 2007
I have been playing Halo 2 since last week. Although i've never liked FPS. I wonder what people enjoy so much about the Halo series and FP shooters in general.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2007
To really enjoy halo2 u need to play against others, 4-player halo2 is the stuff of dreams.

You will also enjoy the singleplayer game better once you face off against humans, because they will force you to play the game properly (believe it or not, you can finish the game even though you are playing wrongly- but it will not be interesting)

FPS are among the best games out there and you'll be missing out if you dont get in on the action! Because it *is* action! whoa!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by amaego(m): 3:34pm On May 23, 2007
I see, you guys are getting it well!
Please do help me by telling me the amount of the ordinary xbox game console, not the xbox 360.
Make u na help me, I'm really confused.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 8:11am On May 24, 2007
dont bother with the Xbox

Microsoft has totally killed it

Get a 360 instead, or if you are short on cash, get a used Ps2
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by realmajid(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2007
@DMZ
Yeah, i know people are crazy about FPS especially the Halo series but i still prefer it the "GEARS OF WAR" way. I don't like to see just gun or melee weapons moving around. Instead i prefer to see the character i am controlling and all his actions. To me, it's more movie-like.

Does anyone know anything about xbox 360 firmware flashing and upgrading. i heard that after doing it, u can play backup(copied) cds and also back up saved games, media files on your PC Hard drive without chipping the 360. Please, DMZ, if u know anytin bout it, share it wit us.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 9:40am On May 26, 2007
Actually u should talk to texazzpete. He's the resident xbox360 flashing guru grin

yes, you will be able to play pirated/copied games. You will not be able to use xbox live, though, which may cause problems down the line.

Also the flashing process is not 100% GUARANTEED to work without problems, so tread carefully. If you want to get in on the pira game you are better off buying pre-flashed from alaba.

As for the FPS issue, the way it works is this: It is difficult to play a game with accurate aiming if you have a behind-the-character(thirdperson) view. On many pc fps you can switch to thirdperson mode and see how they will kill you.

Most thirdperson shooters have auto-aiming. If the gameplay depends on shooting, and the game autoaims, then the game becomes boring and useless. Gears of war is unique because it is a pop-up shooter, like resident evil 4 it forces you to expose yourself and stand in one place while aiming, while it goes into a pseudo-FPS mode. It works well for that style of game but will never work for Halo, where you need to shoot and move.

Games like GTA can get away with thirdperson and autoaiming because the focus of that game is not the shooting, its the driving,bankrobbery and exploration. Also, tombraider is more of a princeofpersia style platformer with low emphasis on the shooting, so it can get away with autoaiming. Halo with auoaiming will just be boring.

Like I said, the world of FPS is a great one. Just pretend that its YOU in the game and you'll be fine! Afterall in real life you dont see more than just your hands waving around, shebi?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by realmajid(m): 2:32pm On May 27, 2007
I know it's in gameplay, especially the shooting mechanics, that FPS really shines. i was jus talkin' bout my preference. Actually, for players that like shooters, fps is really the genre to go for. When i was playing MGS 2, i was always using the 1st person aim/shot because it was way easier that way. But i do not want to pretend that i am the one shooting because i know i am not the one, it's master chief.

A lot of people are complaining about xbox 360 overheating problems and the 3 red rings of light. For how many hours exactly can one play the 360  and does this overheating really affect the durability of the game? Those of u who use the nyko intercooler, does it really make any difference?
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by dakmanzero(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2007
I have left my 360 on for 72 hours straight, no overheating.

The rules are simple common sense:

do not put the 360 on a carpet
do not put it in the vertical standing position, EVER (too many drawbacks to list)
make sure it is on a raise, level surface with adequate airflow
don't put it in a drawer or cabinet space underneath or above your TV. Let it be to the side, standing on top of something that does NOT overheat, like a stool or table.
make sure the power brick is far, far away. The brick gets BOILING hot but in my experience, the console itself does not get that hot
Use air conditioning. When playing on gen, I use the fan but get this: I have left the 360 on, downloading, for 12+ HOURS with no airconditioning (but no human presence in the room either, and no TV to add heat)

I only had an overheating issue once, when I was daft enough to put it on top of my smokin' hot pentium 4 3.06 ghz prescott (those things are TOASTY). Otherwise, overheating is a non-issue.

The ps3 I hear, does a better job of conducting heat, but I dont know
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by realmajid(m): 4:52pm On May 29, 2007
I am happy to here that about the 360. The 360 is a great system and the wireless pad is amazing except for the huge consumption of batteries. Microsoft claims each fresh battery can last for about 40 hours of gameplay.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by echowords(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2007
I

put the 360 on a carpet
put it in the vertical standing position,
put it in a drawer or cabinet space underneath or above your TV.

Guess that's why tongue tongue
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by justbones(m): 5:49pm On Apr 09, 2008
i'll go for the wii
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 10, 2008
Ahh, cannot choose between PS3 and Wii, both lovely smiley
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by gtaivrocks: 2:56am On Jun 09, 2008
xbox 360 the best
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by gtaivrocks: 2:57am On Jun 09, 2008
xbox 360
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by spikyn: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2009
Wii
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by obinna5000(m): 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2009
Sony PS3 & Nintendo Wii kiss
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by UNLEASHED(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2009
ps3
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by FBS: 6:39pm On Jul 01, 2009
360 ALL THE WAY. wink
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by SontoneriE(m): 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2009
Hello Everyone. Please and please i really need help. I'm looking forward to buy fifa 09 or fifa 10 for my xbox360 elite. Am getting very angry that it's very hard to get latest xbox360 cds, anyway, anyone that can get should contact me, I have the money for the purchase ready. i'll trade my xbox360 out if i can't get the cds i want cos am getting tired,

IM me or send me a mail, sontoolatunji2002@yahoo.com, Pls the cd must be original and in a NTSC format, NOT PAL,

IM me on the yahoo mssngr, am mostly online,  cheesy smiley grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by khustle1: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2009
interested in buying an Xbox 360 console for a cheap rate, u cud call 08060624792, for enquiries,
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by blacklion(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2009
dakmanzero:

do not put it in the vertical standing position, EVER (too many drawbacks to list)

Hi Dak,

Do you mind describing just one or two of the problems arising from putting the Xbox 360 in a vertical position? Does this also apply to the new Arcade model?

Can you please confirm that a Xbox 360 imported from US will work with a UK power brick without need for a step down transfomer? So is the 360's power brick just like that of a laptop that can work with any voltage anywhere in the world?

Thanks!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by andyparker01: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2009
i would like 2 go wid ps3 its too cool.
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by Gamine(f): 1:09am On Sep 27, 2009
By now, you Nigerians should hve thrown your PS3s away

hahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 5:22am On Sep 27, 2009
@Gamine
By now, you Nigerians should hve thrown your PS3s away

hahahaha
huh? the most powerful console man ever created, ? common.
thinks it's an uprgaded sh*t like xbox 360?
get over it,
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by blacklion(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2009
Abeg, can some one help me with my questions -

Are there technicians that can repair Xbox in Lagos in case of RROD? Where can I find them? Alaba or where?

Are there guys in Lagos that can change the voltage of the US model of Xbox 360's from 110 to 220 voltage?

Is there any danger or problem with putting the Xbox 360 in a vertical position? Does this also apply to the new Arcade model?

Can a Xbox 360 imported from US will work with a UK power brick without need for a step down transfomer? So is the 360's power brick just like that of a laptop that can work with any voltage anywhere in the world?

Thanks!
Re: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii Or Xbox 360? by kosovo(m): 5:02am On Sep 28, 2009
@blacklion, do we have to Go over this again?
Are there technicians that can repair Xbox in Lagos in case of RROD? Where can I find them? Alaba or where?
ONCE you have RROD, it's Game over. you can only take it to Microsoft, if you are still under the warranty. Better get a Playstation 3, because it only does everything,
Are there guys in Lagos that can change the voltage of the US model of Xbox 360's from 110 to 220 voltage?
yes
Is there any danger or problem with putting the Xbox 360 in a vertical position? Does this also apply to the new Arcade model?
even when it's horizontal, its a problem, Disc scratching, Disc Error, Error47, xbox 360 is the most defective console man ever made. 54% failure rate.
Can a Xbox 360 imported from US will work with a UK power brick without need for a step down transfomer? So is the 360's power brick just like that of a laptop that can work with any voltage anywhere in the world?
i think so, but i will find out.
Thanks!
Alright.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Tried This Hidden Game In Google Chrome??? / Fly Microsoft Flight Stimulator (fsx) Online And Earn 100 Dollars Monthly / PlayStation 3 hacking and Game Installation Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.