Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. (36580 Views)

15 Tips To Avoid Being Robbed When Using ATM In Nigeria / Caption This Hilarious Pic Of A Woman Withdrawing Money From ATM / Talking ATM In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by BoyCoyToy(m): 11:14am On Oct 02, 2013
The Police Command in the FCT have begun investigation into the alleged theft of N6.8 million from the ATM of a bank at Jabi District, Abuja, on Saturday.

DSP Altine Daniel, the command's spokesperson, who disclosed this on Tuesday in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, said that a suspect had been arrested in connection with the theft.

He said that the 27-year-old suspect (name withheld), allegedly broke into the ATM belonging to one of the old generation banks and stole the money.

Daniel, however, said that the amount that was stolen was recovered "intact" from the suspect after he was arrested in the premises of the bank.

"On Sept. 21, at about 10 a.m., some staff of the bank came to report at our office at Utako that their ATM had problem.

"When our men moved to the scene and started looking for clues and anything that will assist them in their investigation, they noticed that the CCTV monitor room had been tampered with.

"After a thorough search, they also noticed that the door of the toilet in the room was locked from within and when they opened it, they found somebody seated.

"The suspect was picked up and taken to the station where he confessed to the crime," she said.

Daniel said the suspect claimed to have learned the act of opening safe from the "youtube" (Internet) and thereafter, bought some tools, including screw driver and pliers, to carry out the act.

She alleged that the suspect removed N6.87 million from the ATM and packed them in bags before his arrest.

"Investigations into the case has started and we are trying to find out if he acted alone or he has some accomplices," she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YwTSnR2U3U

1 Like

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bwah ah ah!
What was he waiting for after packing the money?
Shey bank don dey use grip am juju for their ATM security ni.
This can only happen in Nollywood movies

21 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
when will ASUU strik end
second to comment....my greatest achievmnt since GEJ presidential media chat

2 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by jagabanban: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
You wan go steal and you chop beans! Why shit no go catch you?

Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . . . . . . .

5 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by dtemidare: 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
first to comment
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by homesteady(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
I swear the thief no get sense! grin
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by swhiss: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Next time...learn from youtube on how to escape after breaking a safe

ode!!

36 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by jking001(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
grin Lol stupid idiot,this is the height of stupidity,u learn't how to break in but did not learn how to escape.

4 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Cleanman(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
poor thief.
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by christejames(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Wetin i wan been talk sef inshort d police tried but d guy na leaner na. Is like na me be first oooooooo
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by TRILLIONIAR: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
made in naija
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by bid4rich(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
is it sooo easy to open the ATM safe? Lets find out
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by DisGuy: 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
"On Sept. 21, at about 10 a.m., some staff of the bank came to report at our office at Utako that their ATM had problem.

SO bank workers report faulty ATM to police station now?

why was the name with held?

12 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by olatade(m): 3:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
D bank use jazz ni
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Koval12(m): 3:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
This story is untrue,what was he still doing after succefully breaking of the save?

2 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by konn: 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
sebi them say fast guy no be thief?
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by wiilly02(m): 3:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
he usd pliers,screw drivers n knowledge 4rm you tube 2 open an atm safe I find that hard 2 beliv

1 Like

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by momodub: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
lipsrsealed rubbish send him to jail one time
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by hod898(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
He learnt it from youtube? I Guess He Will Soon Be Given Scholarship!
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by IamAthens(m): 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
After stealing the money, as a millionaire he probably went to shit out his poverty. #OLODO

3 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by yungdamaz(m): 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] grin ;Dthe man nor plan the thievery well
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by hod898(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
I.D.I.O.T!
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
He says,"I learn it from YouTube". That is nonsense. Are they going to blame YouTube for making up his silly mind to steal?
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Is it just me or does anyone else think the woman in the youtube video above sounds like a robot? Who in the world reports news like that?

Anyway, the thief's a total mumu. So after stealing the money, he went to the toilet?? No sense at all. Glad he was caught sha.

1 Like

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by sKeetz(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Things Time End lipsrsealed
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Was the Name of the suspect witheld by Nairaland or the Police?!

grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by PrinceJustice(m): 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2013
they found somebody seated
Nollywood be dat
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Maybe his luck finish
Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
This story sounds FAKEEEEEEE............ So he tampered with the ATM and was inside the toilet till the bank staffs went and reported to whoever and the people reported to came and the man was still inside the toilet..

Common, Tell us a better lie jor

4 Likes

Re: Man Steals N6.8m From ATM In Abuja. by PrinceJustice(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dis Guy:

SO bank workers report faulty ATM to police station now?

why was the name with held?
That's why I say na Nollywood b dat.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N800,000 Credit Alert From An Unknown Person - Please Advice / Dangote Spaghetti Factory In Ikorodu Is On Fire (Photos) / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.