Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

New PDP 8-point Demand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New PDP 8-point Demand (19570 Views)

Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode / Photo: The New PDP National HQ... An Abandoned Project? / The New PDP Campaign Pattern (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
State of the nation: NEW PDP UNLEASHES 8-POINT DEMAND

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) faction led by Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje has made an eight-point demand which it says must be heeded if the Goodluck Jonathan administration is to take Nigeria out of the woods.

The demands are contained in an Independence Day Message to Nigerians by Baraje as contained in a statement signed by the party’s National Publicity Secretary, Chief Eze Chukwuemeka Eze.

“As I salute my fellow country men and women on this special, epochal and historical event of the 53rd Anniversary of our independence and knowing that many of our leaders have spoken to Nigerians on this special day, let me reiterate on behalf of our great party that no matter the obvious shortcomings and challenges facing our nation in areas of education, health, infrastructure, roads, security, governance, etc, I will suggest that we don’t give up hope as there is light at the end of the tunnel,” Baraje said in the statement.

On what his group, otherwise known as New PDP, wants, Baraje said as follows:

•We demand the constitution of a critical management team made up of apolitical, eminent technocrats and knowledgeable Nigerians to take over the management of the national economy given the woeful failure of the economic management team of the Federal Government.

•We call for a similar team to arrest the infrastructural decay that is threatening the nation’s infrastructural base at present.

•In view of the present quagmire in the education sector particularly in our public universities, we are suggesting on behalf of our great party a state of emergency particularly on the area of funding with view of arresting the present conflict and demands of ASUU as it is becoming very embarrassing keeping our children at home for over three months now.

•We demand the empanelling of a credible, independent and resolute anti-corruption body to cleanse the country of the thick stench of corruption that has overwhelmed it at present.

•We demand a re-ordering of the inchoate federal structure we are running with a view to allowing the states and the other federating units more access to resources to attend to the numerous responsibilities placed on them.

•We call for the introduction of state police as an antidote to the worsening security problems, which the present inept and highly politicised Nigerian Police had been unable to deal with.

•We see the clamour for a national dialogue as timely and appropriate as there is an urgent need for Nigerians to come together and discuss matters affecting them as well as the way forward. We, therefore, welcome Mr. President’s announcement in his Independence Day broadcast about the establishment of a committee to advise him on the modalities for the holding of the conference. We, however, wish to warn the proposed conference should not serve the same cosmetic purpose served by previous efforts; it should be empowered to discuss all issues agitating the minds of Nigerians – there should not be any no-go areas except the unity and oneness of Nigeria, which is not debatable.

•Finally, we urge Nigerians not to lose hope but to remain resolute in demanding good governance, transparency and accountability from government at various levels as that is the only way to force the corrupt clique in power to change their ways.

•Photos shows New PDP Chairman, Baraje.

Source: News Express

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Gbawe: 12:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Even as I doubt their sincerity, I have to commend some of the suggestions listed as very sensible and those traditionally deemed pivotal worldwide in Nigeria's search for solutions. This now illustrates firmly and totally that the PDP indeed know the right things to do on behalf of Nigeria but just cannot/will not bring itself to implement the required changes.

5 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by feelamong(m): 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
These guys really know how to dance to the gallery!!

but then all the issues raise make a lot of sence!

If i were GEJ i would immediately carry out all these for my safety grin
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Gbawe: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
feelamong: These guys really know how to dance to the gallery!!

but then all the issues raise make a lot of sence!

If i were GEJ i would immediately carry out all these for my safety grin

This is the thing !!! These guys are actually proving critics of the PDP wrong. The consistent criticism against the PDP is that it is a Party that does not know what to do to turn Nigeria round given the glaring inactions and dearth of solution worsening the situtation of the Country since 1999.

Yet, from the same PDP, we have a set of sensible recommendations that are some of what some of us have consistently demanded. I agree with your concluding submission as well. This may actually be a good development that might force GEJ to look at some changes which would benefit the Nation.

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2013
NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return. State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart from resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.

63 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by IGBOSON1: 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return. State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart from resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.

^^^Spot on! Everything else is diversionary.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Tuntheycr7: 1:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
Yeye pple, no b say dem de 2geda b4 ? Na fight make d song change to proverb.
Dis made me rmemba 7points agenda. Lol

2 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by ikweremilitant: 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source: News Express
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by coninse: 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
What a country...

Whats the difference between the old and new PDP? They both have something in common (corruption and voilence). Nigeria is a crawling giant and everybody takes us as a joke of the century. Nothing substantial will change until Nigerians stand up for their right.

Just want to ask, why are our schools not teaching "moral educations"? I'm currently studying ICT (information and communication technology) and they are actually teaching us morals. Believe me, this subject will change how Nigerians think and act. I keep wondering why it is not been taught in our schools.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by timpaker(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
I laugh in swahilli grin grin grin grin
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Myque1(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2013
Seriously what else is there to do but laugh?
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by donphilopus: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
New PDP carry on, forget about your enemies.
I gbadu you
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Alore: 2:06pm On Oct 02, 2013
Nothing new here. Nothing extra-ordinary!
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by woky: 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
ok grin
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by tolurainbow(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bird of d same feathers na nw ur eyes open ole lyk gej..
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Libra9(m): 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
when you are outside the coridoors of powers it look easy to govern.

16 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Spot on! Everything else is diversionary.

True talk.
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by deebrain(m): 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
What are they feeling like? So we can boldly boast of selfless politicians here?! please, which country are we even talking about because im kind of lost......
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Brymo: 2:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
shouldnt it b unveiled?
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by PointB: 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: NONSENSE! The only restructuring that makes sense is RESOURCE CONTROL. Let every state control its human and material resources and pay taxes to the centre. That will automatically remove all the attraction from the centre and the states will become the new centre of attraction. Corruption and struggle for power at the centre will automatically reduce. Healthy competition among states will return. State govts that cannot survive alone will automatically merge. In fact, most of the problems we see today will either disappear or becomes a local issue (restricted to within states). Any other talk apart from resource control is NONSENSE and playing to the gallery.

Again perfectly and sincerely articulated. Resource control is simply a silver bullet solution for most of the problems bedeviling this country. Give the states resource control and every other thing will simply fall in place. It's a simple as that.

By the way, when are these 'new' clowns joining their colleagues in the APC - Anger & Pain Contraption.?

9 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 02, 2013

Resource Control will bring out the ingenuity in State Governments.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by HARDDON: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
aiit gud, this is the broad-day-light view aimed at winning over some cheap public applause. (boring)

could we now have the political undertones?

dump looters having the guts to call themselves politicians...

if only they know
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Built2last: 2:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
Talk is very cheap and it really sounds easy when you are an observer.

4 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Blackteeth(m): 2:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
Pretending to be fighting for the people abi?

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Ericomoto(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Baraje's group is fast deviating from their core focus and becoming a pressure group and I see clearly Treasonable felony in his statements. If they no longer believe in PDP philosophies, let them pull out and form another Party after all they were all part of the problem from the onset.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
•We demand the empanelling of a credible, independent and resolute anti-corruption body to cleanse the country of the thick stench of corruption that has overwhelmed it at present.

I like this one.

So let the "cleansing" start with Atiku and Baraje. Deal?

9 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by ckkris: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
President Jonathan speaks for the PDP, and the world has heard.Who are these attention seekers speaking for? Let them join APC, the political wing of Boko Harem.

5 Likes

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by agrovick(m): 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Were they not part of the old PDP. Rubbbbbbbbissh

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by eagleeye2: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
That guy face dey like bara-je, no wonder his name is baraje.

1 Like

Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by Krisddon: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
I guess there are other hidden demands which were not mentioned as they know those wouldn't attract public empathy and sympathy as well. If adinitio, these were their demands, who would have objected the faction? They're really smart guys cos i noticed most of the demands as contained there conflict with the ones we heard before in which the peak was that the president wouldn't contest come 2015.
However, if this is anything to go by, they sure get my solidarity on this particularly as regard the precarious infrastructure and the abysmal education sector. If i had known this strike would last this long, as only negative things last in Nigeria, i wouldn't have listend to my instinct which had always drew me back with hope of the strike being called off each time i thought of looking for a part time job. Well, it's all good!
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by handebayor: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2013

One of the few times i agree with you BUT 1st of all, help tell uncle Jona to give unto ASUU what is ASUU's
Re: New PDP 8-point Demand by tomakint: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
When Jonathan declared during his Oct 1st Broadcast those who will constitute the Conference and the Modus Operandi, I knew there and then he is up to something positive for the good of the land! Resource Control and the Sharing Formula of our commonwealth will be revisited as it was inconclusively discussed during Obj's time but this time around it shall be concluded which will definitely remove the last vestige of the core North's influence from us (Southern Nigeria) cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Anything We Crucified GEJ For That Has'nt Happened Under PMB? / Adams Oshiomhole Speaks On Tambuwal's Defection (Video) / Leo Ogor Threatens To Commit Suicide Over Chairmanship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.