Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

God's Love Can Heal Any Broken Home - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Love Can Heal Any Broken Home (402 Views)

Why Does The Bible 'God' Love The Smell Of Burning Flesh? / God's Love / Can A Pastor Really Heal Any Terminal Disease? Or Just A Deceit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Love Can Heal Any Broken Home by sidespin: 12:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
GOD’S LOVE CAN HEAL ANY BROKEN HOME

I make mention sometimes about a minister's wife who called my wife for help because she was just about to leave her husband. Her husband was both mentally and physically abusive to her. I told my wife, "See if you can get both of them to come over so we can talk to them." When they arrived, among other things I asked them if they had The Amplified Bible. They did, so I told them, "On a 3 x 5 card, write out First Corinthians 13:4-8. Then when you go to bed at night, both of you read those verses out loud. Then read them again when you wake up in the morning." After several weeks, the wife called my wife back and said, "You know, every morning and every evening we've done just what Brother Hagin said to do. We've read those verses on the love of God out loud." Then she said, "Every single day since we've been reading those Scriptures, my husband has apologized to me. He's said, 'I can't believe I mistreated you as I did. I can't believe I said those things to you.'" And instead of allowing his flesh to dominate him, this man began letting his spirit dominate him.

The love of God had already been shed abroad in his heart or his innermost being. He just had to learn how to tap into that love. When he started letting the God-kind of love dominate him, his wife told us, "He's just become a different person! Not only has he become a different person, but so have I. "I realized that to a large extent, I'm to blame for him finally blowing his top because I just kept nagging him. I should have kept my mouth shut. But we're both different people now because the love of God has changed us." God's love never fails! This was several years ago. My wife and I have seen this couple in more recent years, and they're very happy together. They told us that their ministry is prospering and their lives are better—just because they learned how to let the love of God dominate them. The God-kind of love changed them both. Thank God they learned where the answer is. The answer to so many of life's problem is found in this statement: God's love never fails! (Kenneth E. Hagin)

(1) (Reply)

The Content Of Authentic Worship / Newest Trick / Another Word From The Lord Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.