Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions (6883 Views)

What are the Rewards For Muslim Women In Paradise? / Religious Authority, Sistani Condemns Cursing Prophet Mohammed’s Companions / My Heroes: The Companions Of The Prophet: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2013
IN HIS NAME, THE MOST HIGH

Blessings upon Muhammad and his household

One of the legend I heard as a youth was hadith of the 'ten blessed companions promised with al-jannah'(Ashara al-Mubashira al-jannah).

Among the six books of sunni hadith (sahih sittah), only Abu dawud and Tirmidhi reported the hadith from two of the members of the "promised ten"viz: Saeed Ibn Zaid and AbdulRahman ibn Awf.

The list:
1. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) (2. Abu Bakr
3. Umar. (4. Uthman. (5. Ali ibn Abu Talib
6. Talha. (7. Zubair bin al-Awwam
8. Saad bin Abi Waqas. (9. Saeed bin Zaid
10. Abdul Rahman ibn Awf. (11. Saad bin Malik. (12. Abu `Ubaida bin al-Jarrah.

Why 12 instead of 10, we may ask?

SCEPTISM NO.1
The list in various narration contradicts in that in one version, the name of Ali Ibn Abi talib and Abu Ubaida Ibn al-Jarrah were missing.

In another narration Saad Ibn Abi waqqas was among and yet in another narration Saad Ibn Malik was put instead of the former.

In Sunan Abu Dawud version one, ONLY 7 personalities instead of 10 were recorded.

In all the lists versions however, why is the inclusion of the prophet (saws)? Does it make any sense prophet being 'promised' al-jannah?

(See: al-Tirmithi, under hadith no.3748; al-Tirmithi, Volume 5, Page 605, Hadith 3748; abu Daoud, no.4649 and no.4650)

SCEPTISM NO. 2
Where were the names of some prominent sahaba (dead or alive during the lifetime of the holy prophet) in the list?

Prominent and foremost Companions like Salman al-farsi, Abu dhar al-ghifar, Miqdad, Ammar Ibn Yassir, Bilal al-Rabdah, Mas'ab etc

As voluminous as Sahih al-Bukhari, there's not a single virtue section for neither Saad Ibn Malik nor Abdrahman Ibn Awf yet above-named companions occupied virtue section.
Saad ibn Malik was never even among most sunni recognized prominent sahaba.

SCEPTISM NO. 3
Apart from the holy prophet, the REST of the companions were adversaries of Imam Ali. History testify this. Battle of Jamal is enough where Talha and Zubair were among the lieutenants that confronted Imam Ali; thousands of Muslims died as a result.

Two truths can never fight. Only truth and falsehood fights.

NB: "O Allah turn the truth wherever Ali turns", "Ali is with the truth and the truth is always with Ali", "Ali is with the Qur'an and Qur'an is with Ali" ~holy prophet (saws)

REFUTATIONS/ARGUMENTS:

NB: Any hadith that does not conform with the Qur'an deserves to be thrown into thrashcan for Imam Jafar sadiq(a.s) said any hadith which contradict Qur'an is not from my father, the holy prophet (saws).

When I ponder the meaning of these hadith, I came up with the following questions:

a). Were these companions going to paradise unquestionable for their deeds?
b). Were these companion going to paradise after being questioned?
c). Were they going to paradise after punishment of their deeds if at all there is?

O REASONABLE FELLAS:

1» If they will enter paradise without questioning then what's the essence of al-Adl Illahi (Justice of God)?

"And We will set up a just balance on the day of resurrection, so no soul shall be dealt with unjustly in the least; and though there be the weight of a grain of mustard seed, (yet) will We bring it, and sufficient are We to take account" ~Quran [21:47]etc.

"And Allah created the heavens and the earth with truth and that every soul may be rewarded for what it has earned and they shall not be wronged."~ Quran [45:22]

NB: Some are of the illicit idea that no matter what they do they have been pardoned.

How on earth will two Muslim group fought leaving thousands of lives dead yet architects of this evil won't be questioned and punished?

How on earth will certain sahaba (among the 10) accused the holy prophet of being DELIRIOUS (Yahjur), prevented him from writing his last testament; thereby created confusion while at his (saws) deathbed (Bukhari, Muslim and others) yet won't be questioned for their deeds?

" O you who believe! do not raise your voices above the voice of the Prophet, and do not speak loud to him as you speak loud to one another, lest your deeds became null while you do not perceive" ~Q. 49 vs 1-5

2» If they will enter paradise after being questioned based on their deeds then Qur'an does not make monopoly to only these 10 on that:

"Whoever does an evil, he shall not be recompensed (with aught) but the like of it, and whoever does good, whether male or female, and he is a believer, these shall enter the garden(al-Jannah), in which they shall be given sustenance without measure." ~Quran [40:40]

3» If they will be punished for their deeds before going to paradise then the hadith is worthless.

Lastly, certain quarters argued:

"All (the 10) They made great service to the Prophet and the Islamic cause. They migrated. They participated in the battle
of Badr. They swore allegiance to the Prophet at Hudaybiya."

Suffice is to say majority of these 10 sahaba left the prophet (saws) in the thick of the battle of Uhud, ran away and fled(Qur'an condemned this act). Some among these 10 doubted the prophet (saws)'s prophet-hood at the very treaty of Hudaybiya. When they were called upon for combat (for example in Khaybar, Khandaq, etc) against enemies, they were nowhere to be found or fled as usual(except ever present defender of Islam - Ali ibn Abi Talib(a.s)).

This kind of hadith are forged by the pay-rolled Ummayad to cover up the shameful deeds of certain companions.

Wa Salam Alaykum.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by golpen(m): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2013
Do you have a problem with the twelve entering paradise? You better stop opinionating on who will enter paradise or hell and who is a kafir or muslim, as you don't even know which one (jannah or hell) is bound for you. Try on increasing in your deen and ask ALLAH for forgiveness. ALLAH owns everybody's return and owns our judgement in HIS hands.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2013
@golpen,
Yes I have a big problem with them, dear brother. I need answers because I just can't reconcile sahaba, accusing my beloved prophet a derailed, prevented him from writing his will on his death-bed that would have saved u from perdition,doubting his prophethood, ran away from war and left him(a.s) with his enemies, killed his family yet being promised al-jannah despite Allah saying: "if you raise your voice or abuse prophet...your deeds will be void", Allah frown and will punish those who ran away and left the prophet in war, etc.

As for me, if I follow those sahaba footsteps, then am doomed but if I follow the righteous among them, then success is mine. They are all examples for us and the choice is ours on who to follow.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 4:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@golpen,
Yes I have a big problem with them, dear brother. I need answers because I just can't reconcile sahaba, accusing my beloved prophet a derailed, prevented him from writing his will on his death-bed that would have saved u from perdition,doubting his prophethood, ran away from war and left him(a.s) with his enemies, killed his family yet being promised al-jannah despite Allah saying: "if you raise your voice or abuse prophet...your deeds will be void", Allah frown and will punish those who ran away and left the prophet in war, etc.

As for me, if I follow those sahaba footsteps, then am doomed but if I follow the righteous among them, then success is mine. They are all examples for us and the choice is ours on who to follow.
So who's the righteous among those sahabas?
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by LagosShia: 11:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
lanrexlan: So who's the righteous among those sahabas?

a short list of the righteous companions who rose to prominence:

1.) Jabir Ibn Abdullah al-Ansari

2.) Zuhayr Ibn al-Qayn

3.) Abu Dharr al-Ghifari

4.) Ammar Ibn Yassir

5.) Muhammad Ibn Abu Bakr

6.) Hujr ibn Adi

7.) Kumayl Ibn Ziyad

8.) Malik al-Ashtar

9.) Habib ibn Muzahir

10.) Mukhtar al-Thaqafi

11.) Bilal al-Habashi

12.) Miqdad Ibn Aswad

13.) Salman al-Farisi

14.) Abu Saeed al-Khudri

15.) Malik Ibn Nuwayrah

you can find a bigger list under "Believers (Companions of Muhammad) " here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_view_of_the_Sahabah#Believers_.28Companions_of_Muhammad.29

may Allah (swt) be pleased with these honorable (among the) companions of our beloved Prophet (sa).
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 8:28am On Oct 04, 2013
@LagosShia,
All these sahabas are Alien to them. Only the Abu...Abu...Abu are known. Lol. Only the seeker of truth can dig deep.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by Sissie(f): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@LagosShia,
All these sahabas are Alien to them. Only the Abu...Abu...Abu are known. Lol. Only the seeker of truth can dig deep.

in your mind now, your the only one that know them. the truth seeker please dig deeper oh. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 11:11am On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@LagosShia,
So you are the only truth seeker because you are a Shia and all those Abu...Abu you know in your mind are unrighteous and deserved to be cursed by you right?
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Lanrexlan,
Here we go again! Has anyone cursed or abuse anybody here? Search your mind which one of them you know anything about? But you know a lot about Abu Hurayra who barely knows the prophet?

If you add all the hadiths that All the wives of the prophet, the ahl al-bayt (household) i.e Ali, who started living with the prophet at the age of 3years, whom the prophet called door or gate to his city of knowledge, + Fatima + hassan + hussain) + all the males of banu Hashim e.g Abdullah ibn Abbas + All the first converts among the companions; their reported hadiths is never and never still upto that of Abu hurairah who only saw the prophet 2 and half years to prophet's death. He never participated in any war or expenditure. How was that?

What do you know about her whom the holy prophet said she's the leader of ALL women of the world among the past, present and the future, Fatima bint Muhammad?

Only a truth-seeker will scrutinize with unbiased mind what happened between Abu Bakar and Sayyida Fatima after the death of her father (saws) to the point that she did not talk to the former till she expired!

Only a truth seeker will put an accusing finger and question the boldness of Umar when he accused the prophet of being delirious!

What do you know about Hassan and Hussain whom the holy prophet said are the Leader of the youth of paradise? Its funny to hear some saying they were once upon a time twins or imagine that they both died at infancy!
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by Sissie(f): 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@Lanrexlan,
Here we go again! Has anyone cursed or abuse anybody here? Search your mind which one of them you know anything about? But you know a lot about Abu Hurayra who barely knows the prophet?

Lanrexlan, I guess according to him we don't even know Bilal talk more of Salman or the rest , only the truth seekers do. LOL undecided undecided
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Yes o. Its a mind challenge! What do you know about Bilal other than being a muazzen? Do you even know anything about Salman al-farsi? Search your mind!
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by Sissie(f): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
Yes o. Its a mind challenge! What do you know about Bilal other than being a muazzen? Do you even know anything about Salman al-farsi? Search your mind!

So because am not shia, am Muslim not Sunni or shia. you automatically assume I don't know much about them. Sorry but I find this funny. grin cheesy grin

And I don't engage in shia-Sunni-wahabi-salafi, or Ali, umar, abubakar arguement on NL. I just found that specific statement of yours distasteful, had to comment.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
@sissie,
"Am not a Sunni or a shia; am just a muslim"
My reply is that of
Imam Ali (a.s) to the khawarij when they utter similar statement of yours:

"Kalimatu Haqin yuridu biha al-batil" (word of truth but falsehood was meant by it).

Suffice is to say Everything you do in Islam including your tawhid, fiqh etc are 100% in line with a particular school of thought; Maliki, shafi'I, Hanbali or Hanafi. And you tell me you still don't belong to anything?

How do you know your prophet? Was he infallible or fallible?
What were his legacy? Qur'an and sunnah or Qur'an and ahl al-bayt?
Yet you do not belong to any sect? You are just a muslim. Perhaps you are those whom sura Jum'a:

"The likeness of those who were entrusted with the (obligation of the) Taurat (Torah) (i.e. to obey its commandments and to practise its legal laws), but who subsequently failed in those (obligations), is as the likeness of a donkey who carries huge burdens of books (but understands nothing from them). How bad is the example (or the likeness) of people who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah. And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimun."
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Sissie:

Lanrexlan, I guess according to him we don't even know Bilal talk more of Salman or the rest , only the truth seekers do. LOL undecided undecided
Abi o,only people like him knows them very well grin
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@sissie,
[s]"Am not a Sunni or a shia;am just a muslim"[/s]
Lies,you are a Shia.What about this?
www.nairaland.com/1452659/shia-crimes
And this
Al-Baqir:
We (Shi'a) testify that Muhammad(saws) is the seal of the prophets of Allah (peace be upon him and his household).And we believe in the wilayah (leadership) of Ali (a.s) after the holy prophet (saws).Lastly, how can a seeker of truth hold on to the words of Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah when abuse,curse and harshness were his style of approach to other sheikhs of his time
.After prophet Muhammad(pbuh),you rejected his immediate successor and put Hazrat Ali(ra)there and yet you aren't a Shia?

And even this
Al-Baqir:
We (Shia) have over many centuries after the demise of the holy prophet (saws) presented our 12 Imams as being successor of the holy prophet,it is alarming that Ahl Sunna wal Jama'a (past or present) have NEVER reach any conclusion as who were those 12 as many of their Khalifas were monsters,murderers, adulterers and devil incarnates.
My reply is that of

"Kalimatu Haqin yuridu biha al-batil" (word of truth but falsehood was meant by it).

Suffice is to say Everything you do in Islam including your tawhid, fiqh etc are 100% in line with a particular school of thought;Maliki,shafi'I,Hanbali or Hanafi. And you tell me you still don't belong to anything?
Anyone here doesn't tell you he/she belongs to any school of thought.

Yet you do not belong to any sect? You are just a muslim.
Obey Allah and obey his Messenger[Muhammad]
Perhaps you are those whom sura Jum'a:

"The likeness of those who were entrusted with the (obligation of the) Taurat (Torah) (i.e. to obey its commandments and to practise its legal laws), but who subsequently failed in those (obligations), is as the likeness of a donkey who carries huge burdens of books (but understands nothing from them). How bad is the example (or the likeness) of people who deny the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, signs, revelations, etc.) of Allah. And Allah guides not the people who are Zalimun."
How does this relates to what we are saying here? Smh
Finally,all these companions have worked their own way,you should also towards your own way and stop all these criticism.Free advice.....Peace
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by Sissie(f): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
sad
Al-Baqir:
@sissie,
"Am not a Sunni or a shia; am just a muslim"
My reply is that of

Suffice is to say Everything you do in Islam including your tawhid, fiqh etc are 100% in line with a particular school of thought; Maliki, shafi'I, Hanbali or Hanafi. And you tell me you still don't belong to anything?

Yet you do not belong to any sect? You are just a muslim. Perhaps you are those whom sura Jum'a:

Seriously!!!!!!
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Lanrexlan,
Very funny dear brother, can't you see inverted commas? Meaning I quoted somebody (Sissie) when he said he's not a shia or sunni. Yet jumped to the conclusion about me and even went for my quoting. Let's read to understand and not read to criticize. When you do that there bound to be errors and flaws in ur argument.
I am a shia (follower) of ahli Muhammad (household of Muhammad).

@Sissie,
Religious discussion is not a WIN or LOSS issue. Its all about salvation meaning your sincerity is needed. And the choice is yours.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by Sissie(f): 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
shocked undecided Hehehe na wa oh.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@Lanrexlan,
Very funny dear brother, can't you see inverted commas? Meaning I quoted somebody (Sissie) when he said he's not a shia or sunni.Yet jumped to the conclusion about me and even went for my quoting. Let's read to understand and not read to criticize. When you do that there bound to be errors and flaws in ur argument.
I am a shia (follower) of ahli Muhammad (household of Muhammad).

Do you believe in the Leadership of The Immediate Caliphs after prophet Muhammad(pbuh) before Hazrat Ali?
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Lanrexlan,
My terms (and probably yours too):
"Call unto the ways of your lord with wisdom and good morals; and reason with them with strong argument..." ~Qur'an.

To your question, NO I don't.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 8:54pm On Oct 04, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@Lanrexlan,
My terms (and probably yours too):
"Call unto the ways of your lord with wisdom and good morals; and reason with them with strong argument..." ~Qur'an.

To your question,NO I don't.
Thanks for your answer,I've gotten what I want.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
La haola wala quwa ilah billah.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by LagosShia: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
Al-Baqir:
@Lanrexlan,

If you add all the hadiths that All the wives of the prophet, the ahl al-bayt (household) i.e Ali, who started living with the prophet at the age of 3years, whom the prophet called door or gate to his city of knowledge, + Fatima + hassan + hussain) + all the males of banu Hashim e.g Abdullah ibn Abbas + All the first converts among the companions; their reported hadiths is never and never still upto that of Abu hurairah who only saw the prophet 2 and half years to prophet's death. He never participated in any war or expenditure. How was that?

What do you know about her whom the holy prophet said she's the leader of ALL women of the world among the past, present and the future, Fatima bint Muhammad?

Only a truth-seeker will scrutinize with unbiased mind what happened between Abu Bakar and Sayyida Fatima after the death of her father (saws) to the point that she did not talk to the former till she expired!

Only a truth seeker will put an accusing finger and question the boldness of Umar when he accused the prophet of being delirious!

What do you know about Hassan and Hussain whom the holy prophet said are the Leader of the youth of paradise? Its funny to hear some saying they were once upon a time twins or imagine that they both died at infancy!

don't mind them my dear brother.when they see the truth,they feign ignorance and withdraw with the cliché: "I am only muslim". why cant I as a Shia also claim to be "only Muslim"? yeye people!!! they pray tarawaeeh,fold their arms in prayer,do wudu according to the four sunni schools,forbid mut'ah,reject the Wilayah of the 12 successors (as),embrace and honor the oppressors of the Prophet's Ahlul-Bayt (as) e.t.c.,and yet they are not sunnis,but "only muslim". yuck at such hypocrisy!!! yuck,yuck,yuck!!!! me too "I am only muslim"!!! cheesy
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by LagosShia: 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
lanrexlan: Do you believe in the Leadership of The Immediate Caliphs after prophet Muhammad(pbuh) before Hazrat Ali?

if we as "Shia of Ali" accept those "caliphs" before Imam Ali (as) then we are not Shia at all,but Sunnis.this is the entire crux of the problem,and you are still asking about it. we don't consider those before Imam Ali (as) as "caliphs".there is a term we refer to them with. wink
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by lanrexlan(m): 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
LagosShia:

don't mind them my dear brother.when they see the truth,they feign ignorance and withdraw with the cliché: "I am only muslim". why cant I as a Shia also claim to be "only Muslim"? yeye people!!! they pray tarawaeeh,fold their arms in prayer,do wudu according to the four sunni schools,forbid mut'ah,reject the Wilayah of the 12 successors (as),embrace and honor the oppressors of the Prophet's Ahlul-Bayt (as) e.t.c.,and yet they are not sunnis,but "only muslim". yuck at such hypocrisy!!! yuck,yuck,yuck!!!! me too "I am only muslim"!!! cheesy
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by usermane(m): 9:42am On Oct 09, 2013
PEACE.
The Prophet had no other knowledge aside what was revealed to him; The Qur'an(06:19).
He had no knowledge of the future or what will happen to him or any other person.
46:09 Say; I am not an innovation among the messengers,nor do i know what will be done to me or with you. I follow but which is revealed to me by inspiration; i am but a warner open and clear.....
18:110 tells us the messenger is just a man like us, who does not know other than is revealed in the Book. Hence just like us he doesn't know the future or anyone 's fate.
7:188 The messenger was asked to say that, if he had knowledge of the future, he could have had a perfect life with no harm reaching him.
06:50 God insists that the messenger had no knowledge of the hidden,unseen or future. This include his fate and the fate of anyone after the Judgement.

I beg in GOD 's name,whenever we narrate hadiths, let us verify its authenticity from the Qur'an. There is a thin line between following the messenger and idolising him, one slight error, and you have wronged yourself.
Re: Ten Promised Paradise-bound Companions by AlBaqir(m): 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
@Username,
Dear brother. I like your reasoning but you need to put more effort to understand each of those verses you quoted above.

According to Qur'an, every muslims who believe and work righteously has been promised al-Jannah.
The holy prophet (saws) is the pinnacle of all righteousness.

The verse you quoted in which he (saws) said I did not know (the future) is not refering to entry to al-jannah or not rather he was asked several question about future in which only Allah knows.

Just like jesus (a.s) when he was asked about the hour (last hour), he said he did not know except God. He was called 'O good master'. He said 'Only God is good' etc.

Second Ayah that the holy prophet (saws) said: "I am only a man like you..."
The word used is "Bashar" i.e Mortal. Some of the companions were amazed as to his personalities and probably thought he's divine. He made them realize he's a mortal like them. But definitely for him to get revelation from God, then he had to be special and above others that is why he (saws) is known as "sayyid al-bashar - master of all mortal".

The gist in the article is that the fact that Allah is just, every human being will be questioned by for entry into al-jannah or Nar. Not that some people have gotten passport from this world just like that yet there lifestyle (esp after the demise of the prophet)was nothing to write home about.

(1) (Reply)

A Month Of Reformation & Redefinition, Ramadan Is Here. Are You Ready? / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? / Child Marriage In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.