Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:44 PM

Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 (23866 Views)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. / Law To Ban Overseas Education For Wards Of Public Officers Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Acidosis(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2013
Sagamite:

So your apocryphal news from an unreliable source written by an anonymous writer is your evidence she is not a worthy person despite the depth of her numerous achievements and hardwork?

You are a cretin!

hahaha....

Where were you, Mr cretin when the same woman under the auspices of her party (APGA or so) threatened an INEC official, using the bribe (car, house and scholarship) and thug approach?

"From his words 'they promised me a car, a duplex and 10 million naira just to pronounce Dora the winner of the polls, but i wouldnt cos im a christian"

Again, Mr Cretin, are you saying all these allegations are false??

btw, where is your Dora today? grin Why is she not in GEJ's cabinet?
grin
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Akanbiedu(m): 11:45am On Oct 03, 2013
seanet01: maybe you have been visiting only your village regularly.
You said Amosun is not faring better than OGD's first term abi?
That is utter nonsense and arrant rubbish. Can you please list the performance of Ogd in his first term any sphere and let me list those of Amosun?
Amosun's performance in two years has already dwarfed ogd 8 years. Waiting for you to take up my challenge

This doesn't look like a challenge, more like bole-kaja. grin grin grin
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 12:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Acidosis:

hahaha....

Where were you, Mr cretin when the same woman under the auspices of her party (APGA or so) threatened an INEC official, using the bribe (car, house and scholarship) and thug approach?

"From his words 'they promised me a car, a duplex and 10 million naira just to pronounce Dora the winner of the polls, but i wouldnt cos im a christian"

Again, Mr Cretin, are you saying all these allegations are false??

btw, where is your Dora today? grin Why is she not in GEJ's cabinet?
grin

Can you provide a link?

And since when did being in a person's cabinet an achievement or brush of approval of one's quality?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2013
That is utter nonsense and arrant rubbish. Can you please list the performance of Ogd in his first term any sphere and let me list those of Amosun?
Amosun's performance in two years has already dwarfed ogd 8 years. Waiting for you to take up my challenge

Abeg, irrespective of your 'Je kin ri e' challenge to Ajanlekoko, can you please list Amosun's achievement to satisfy my curiosity of what is happening in Ogun State especially the Dubai of Nigeria, my own Sagamu. cheesy

I just want to have a first-hand account so I can see how best I can invest my £43 (i.e. 43 pons) in Sagamu. cool
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by hiuser(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2013
Jarus: To me, Fashola is the best public officer Nigeria has produced since return to civil rule in 1999

Others that posted (post) decent performance (by our low standard in Nigeria), by my reckoning:

1, Umaru Yar'adua (reversal of VAT, refinery sale, price hike, asset declaration etc)
2, 'Barth'[sold out!] Nnaji (decent effort in power reforms)
3, Sule Lamido (good capital projects efforts, even if a bad politician)
4, Rotimi Ameachi (Decent capital projects efforts in his state)
5, Godswill Akpaebo ( Even if I don't like his politics, I admit he tried for his state. I've been to his state; best raod network of all the about Nigerian states I have visited)
6, Nasir el-Rufai (Not his biggest fan either, but I salute his efforts in FCT)
7, Nuhu Ribadu (You can argue he was selective, but you can't argue his victims were innocent. Plus he returned $15m Ibori bribe)
8, Lamido Sanusi (I commend his work in CBN)
9, Charles Soludo (His attention to ethics may be questionable, but you can't fault his achievement in terms of strenghtening our financial system)
10. Attahiru Bafarawa (I served in Sokoto state,and msut confess he did well for hsi people in terms of capital projects. Good roads everywhere)
11, Rauf Aregbesola (You can fault his politics - can be loud-mouthed, intervening in what doesn't concern him - but you can hardly deny his commitment to the uplift of his people. I was in Osun in August and the whole state looked like one big construction yard, road projects everywhere, despite meagre resources)
12, Ifeuko Omoigui (Decent and silent reform in FIRS; enlarged revenue base for Nigeria)
13, Donald Duke: Decent performance, mature leader

These are the guys I can give pass mark (50%) of all the public officers (elected or appointed) since 1999. There are others I have herad or read about (e.g Kayode Fayemi, Rochas Okorocha, Peter Obi), but I'm not convinced yet.

Strictly my opinion as a watcher of events in the country.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by AjanleKoko: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2013

I'm not from Ogun state but I tend to visit the state often.

Daniel completed the Abeokuta Expressway from Sagamu, did a lot of road works within Abeokuta, completed the Ogun end of the Ayobo-Aiyetoro-Otta road. The Lagos end of that road remains in tatters till now.

As for Amosun . . . I visit Ota, Abeokuta, and the Ijebu axis regularly. So I can list a few things he is doing. Note all are WIP:

1. Council/NITEL road, Sango. This road was first expanded, and abandoned, by Daniel. Amosun is trying to expand the road from Oju-Ore.

2. Fly-over at Ijebu-Ode Round about, and a number of roundabouts within the city itself.

3. Various road expansions within Abeokuta.

4. Expansion and dualization of Magboro Road, planned to go all the way to Ofada.

5. Duplication of Lagos BRT in Abeokuta. Hardly unprecented embarassed

Those are the ones I've seen. I may be wrong, but Daniel was forming various activities like this in his first term as well, when he was still in OBJ's good books. Let Amosun complete any of these projects first before we start shouting Alleluia.

I expect the usual eediotic indignant retort about what has my own state governor done. Not to worry, I have no idea, I scarcely visit my home state anyway grin
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by blaid: 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
abatajjvii: What of Reuben Abati and Labaran Maku for making noise for their oga at the top
the list is not about noisemakers now! ha ha. shocked
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by morenath(m): 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
Professor oluwafemi olaiya balogun of UNAAB
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by phaatiade: 3:14am On Oct 05, 2013
i was enjoying dis thread until some silly folks mentioned gej!!

A man dat spends 18 billion yearly on his jets and 1 billion on food??!!
while d entire police shares 11B

yeah fresh stinking polluted air!!!!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Demdem(m): 6:39am On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Personally, i think this list is very flawed. Apart from Soludo, Akpabio and Omogui, El Rufai and maybe Nnaji(he didn't stay for long), i don't see what others are doing there. Where's Akunyili, Donald Duke, Iweala, Fashola?

Are u ok, what has Akpabio done except building few roads? Do u know how much the fool controls?
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
phaatiade: i was enjoying dis thread until some silly folks mentioned gej!!

A man dat spends 18 billion yearly on his jets and 1 billion on food??!!
while d entire police shares 11B

yeah fresh stinking polluted air!!!!

While the countries universities look like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1465352/deplorable-state-infrastructure-nigerian-universities

Jonathan is a professional person!
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ketoprofen(m): 4:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
Demdem:

Are u ok, what has Akpabio done except building few roads? Do u know how much the fool controls?

hospitals, schools, water projects.
Who told u the roads are few? Many biko, tangible ones for dat matter, with beta bridges
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by ketoprofen(m): 4:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sagamite:

While the countries universities look like this:

https://www.nairaland.com/1465352/deplorable-state-infrastructure-nigerian-universities

Jonathan is a professional person!

so, it was GEJ dat kept those univ that way?
U are the f.uckta.rd
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Demdem(m): 3:10am On Oct 06, 2013
ketoprofen:

hospitals, schools, water projects.
Who told u the roads are few? Many biko, tangible ones for dat matter, with beta bridges

That akpabio built world class roads are builds is not in doubt. i know this because i have seen it myself.
what is in doubt is the world class schools, water projects, hospitals etc
He has been there for six years now and being one of the richest states in the country with so little population, much more is expected.
Re: Outstanding Public Officers In Nigeria Since 1999 by Sagamite(m): 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2013
ketoprofen:

so, it was GEJ dat kept those univ that way?
U are the f.uckta.rd

You are a person!

Cretinous product of a failed education system.

If GEJ was not busy helping convicted felon loot the country of $1bn and instead pumping that $1bn to the education system would those universities look like this, person?

Nigeria's annual budget for Education (person, that is from primary to university) is less than $2.5bn. $1bn that Etete stole for $20m sale price, with the help of Jonathan and Adoke, would have a significant impact on the system. ASUU would not even be on strike. Your moronic arsse has a cretinous president (a product of a failed education system like you) busy looting and helping others loot your future away and you are daftly defending him.

Cretin! No wonder you will call yourself a "graduate" and you post in textspeak and do not realise you start sentences with capital letters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#PanamaPaper: I've Fully Complied With Law On Asset Declaration — Saraki / Garba Shehu: Buhari Sees What Nigerians Don’t See About Service Chiefs / Biafra: Catalonia's Independence A Warning To Nigeria - Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.