Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:18 PM

Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship (6386 Views)

What Should Be The Minimum Age Gap Between Spouses / What’s The Perfect Age Gap For An Ideal Relationship? / Is It Right For Boy And Girl To Be In Relationship Before 18 Yrs Of Age. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Androgendaisy: 6:36pm On Oct 02, 2013
Abeg help me look into this matter! Whats the maximum reasonable age diffrence between a guy and a gurl in a serious relationship who are looking to say "i do" some time in the future.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by djeezy(m): 6:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
Best age gap? It's relative. To some age is just a number. The best age gap for me is between 4-8 years. And like I said, it's relative.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 7:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
From experience 5-10yrs is perfect!
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by SniperOne: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
It's pretty much a personal predilection. So you gotta do your thang in a mode that tallies with the circumstances circa you.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by ARareGem(f): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
Isn't age just a number? undecided All they need is respect for each other. And depending on how huge the gap is, the more the couple need to shut their ears/eyes against the gossips. Personally, I like a 5ish age gap cause of my 'stronghead'. Lol. But that's just me.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Popowaa: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
20-40yrs
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Eobiabo(m): 9:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
0-10years
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by addictiv(m): 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
3 to 8 yrs.....anything more than that and you might have generational differences...............beside ladies who marry much older guys say 9 yrs and above tend to age faster while the men tend toget younger......#freshbloodtinz#

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Androgendaisy: 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2013
Popowaa: 20-40yrs
make you try get sense nah...its not that difficult.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Androgendaisy: 10:01pm On Oct 02, 2013
addictiv: 3 to 8 yrs.....anything more than that and you might have generational differences...............beside ladies who marry much older guys say 9 yrs and above tend to age faster while the men tend toget younger......#freshbloodtinz#
okay lemme confess the difference here is about 9and1/2 yrs. Should I just give it up?
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Kisivan(f): 10:02pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bootylicious: From experience 5-10yrs is perfect!
yes so perfect

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Androgendaisy: 10:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Kisivan:
yes so perfect
u with bootylicious they gimme hope.
Kisivan:
yes so perfect
Kisivan:
yes so perfect
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by addictiv(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
Androgen daisy:
okay lemme confess the difference here is about 9and1/2 yrs. Should I just give it up?
no not yet.. it depends on how you guys relate and mix mentally.....you ll have to note that he may not be intersted in sometinz you wanna do or you might see him as a boring person lyk he may want to relax and read papers or play golf while you want to go out and mingle,club and stuff like thAT.....but you ll enjoy his company due to his wealth of experience and maturity in handling issues and he ll always want to spoil you(if he s lyk me) with good stuff...........the only issues you might have is feeling left out when he is with friends as you might be one of the youngest so might not fit in comfortably but with time your mind would kinda race to meet up with his and his would kinda come down to level with urs hence the physical result of you aging a lil bit faster than you would if he were younger but this might not be noticeable and also depends on your gene.........if you love him and he loves you...then enjoy your relationship and marriage.....thats what matters
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Androgendaisy: 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2013
addictiv:
no not yet.. it depends...if you love him and he loves you...then enjoy your relationship and marriage.....thats what matters
now you are making "many" sense
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Vivly(f): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Whatever the age gap. There are other serious issues to consider. Emotional, psychological, financial, material maturity and bedmatics.
Who i dey give this epistle? 10 years gap is quite okay.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by sleekch1c(f): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2013
10yrs??
As in I'll be 30 when dude is 40?
With the rising case of infertility among young men,the younger the better.
#icantshout#
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Androgendaisy: 11:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
Who i dey give this epistle? 10 years gap is quite okay.[/quote]
vivly u r too mush...oya nah nothing do me.
Truth is despite the age diffrence the conection is solid. Same wavelengths, same "ishh", same aspirations.when we chat we go on till our thumbs bleed.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by jmoore(m): 12:46am On Oct 03, 2013
Personally 7-10
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by switdil(f): 12:58am On Oct 03, 2013
10yrs
I beggi
If d guy too old he go dey treat the lady lyk small pikin
She no go fit breath well for house
Em guyz no old pass sef em dey form "I know it all"
Not to tok of 10yrs age gap
E too much
Highest 5yrs
Me I no fit marry person wey I no go fit follo do rough play
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by eye4eye: 12:59am On Oct 03, 2013
Between -10 to 10 maximum for me. My current fiance is 5 years older than me.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by kandiikane(m): 3:06am On Oct 03, 2013
Popowaa: 20-40yrs

Lol you sabi

I will say 50 - 80
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 1:42am On Oct 05, 2013
9yrs and 1/2 isn't much it's VERY PERFECT!!!
Androgen daisy:

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Exponental(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2013
Max.......maybe ur fatjher's age mate n above.
Min......she's older.
What matters is d love. Though I dont appreciate an older woman but I can do with same age bracket.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2013
Y am i jst seeing 5,10yrs...datz quite much 4 me..i wud prefer 2-3yrs..moreso,age is jst a number.1,2,3,4,5....blah!!
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by ITbomb(m): 1:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
6 to 8 yrs for marriage
1 to 3 yrs for punny
Harbosede02: Y am i jst seeing 5,10yrs...datz quite much 4 me..i wud prefer 2-3yrs..moreso,age is jst a number.1,2,3,4,5....blah!!
Age is not just a number dear
Let me tell u the logic
Girls mature sexually faster than boys
So when u were aware of ur attraction towards boys , the boys ur age never knew what to do to get ur attraction that was why u prefer older guys.
Now u have gotten all the excitement n sexx n heartbreaks n now want to settle down at 25+ , unfortunately that is when most guys at that age are at the peak of their game .
At Average, Guys only start thinking seriously about marriage (ie financially n emotionally) from 31 n mostly would not consider a 30 yrs old woman for marriage , they will go for 23 to 27

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Blackteeth(m): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Its only in Nigeria where a guy MUST be older than a lady before the lady dates him.
Its only in Nigeria where age is an issue in a relationship.
That part of the world really sucks.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Bootylicious(f): 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
It's that way because of the way guys behave,hardly would you see a serious guy at age 27,and a lady at 27 is ready to settle down, so best a lady goes for a man advanced in age that is ready to settle down..
Blackteeth: Its only in Nigeria where a guy MUST be older than a lady before the lady dates him.
Its only in Nigeria where age is an issue in a relationship.
That part of the world really sucks.
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by babestell(f): 7:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
I used to be #team5years and above, but my current bf is just 2years older than me and he is more matured and level headed than a lot of older guys I know. I dont have a challenge letting him take the lead as I have learnt from experience that he always has my best interest at heart. He isnt chauvinistic or condescending to me which is a trait most mature men exhibit towards younger ladies. So right now I would say it depends on the couple in question and what each expects from the other. Infact I know of a lady married to a younger man but you would never guess unless you were told.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by Scolarmorgan(f): 11:31am On Dec 18, 2015
2 me age is jst a no o, a 25 yrs guy might b matured dan a 35 yrs old man, i ve sn a guy who startd his puberty at 11 nd anoda who startd his at 15, so its al abt maturity
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by ChappyChase: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
There is nothing like Age gap to me!
Re: Whats The Best Age Gap Between A Guy And Girl In A Serious Relationship by franzis(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
I prefer 0 or 3-6 months age gap

(1) (Reply)

I Strip Nak*d To Prove My Big Bum Is Real – Actress Tonia ( Photo ) / Check Out Sexy Photos Of The Curviest Girl In Lagos / Kenyan Girls Are Far Better Than Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.