Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks (4786 Views)

Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! / Struggling To Make Money Online? FREE 30 Min. Phone Consultation That Might Help / Importation Made Easier. Ask Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 4:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Fiverr kicked off February 2010.

For many Nigerians, it became the easiest way to earn cash online.

Fiverr is a phenomenon.

You do not require a website.

You do not need to look for traffic.

Nigerians are allowed to participate. (Whew)

And no one can scam you of your money, Fiverr holds it for you (unless you are greedy).

But that was 3 years ago.

Now making money on Fiverr is not as straightforward and easy as people think.

Millions of people are selling services on Fiverr.

And the new Fiverr V2 interface has made it extremely difficult to sustain a seller's success.

Are you frustrated with making money on Fiverr?

Have you been swallowed up by the competition?

Ask your questions.

This thread is not for people who want to know what Fiverr is about?

It is not about how to open your account or collect your money here in Nigeria.

It is for people who are already acquainted with Fiverr and are on the look-out for ways to make more money or sell their services or products better.

Let's go there!

1 Like

Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by samfaj(m): 7:12am On Oct 04, 2013
@Op, thank u 4 opening this thread, hope will last longer. I opened my fiverr account about 5 months ago and I was able 2 make just $44 till now. Plz, i would like to know d strategies on how i can be getting more sales per day. Thanx
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 7:18am On Oct 04, 2013
First step is to realize the type of gigs you set up.

If your gigs are crap, there is trick or strategy that you can use.

You need to set up gigs that have the potential to sell before implementing anything else.

How many of them did you set up?

The Fiverr game is about quantity and quality.

Your gigs must be sellable and of good quantity so that you can average some sizable dollars daily.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lakefist(m): 7:36am On Oct 04, 2013
promotion of ur gig is d key.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
promotion of ur gig is d key.

That is true.

But if your gigs 'no make sense', it would never sell no matter what you do.

The easiest way to create a sellable gig is to sell what someone is already selling and tweak it.

You can either do it in lesser time or provide more value for money.

Use the 'high rating' tab to see what is selling and create yours.

Then you can start to promote!
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lakefist(m): 7:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
yes that one too is important
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by samogo1: 8:27pm On Oct 04, 2013
So what are they ways of promoting your gigs. Lets start up.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
One of the best ways to promote your gigs is to create a website.

I would not advise wordpress or blogger.

You can get people to build a site for you for $5 on Fiverr.

Hosting and domain name should not cost more than 4k.

Ensure that you build a website that comes with a slider that would scroll the services you render and testimonials of happy customers.

Integrate the Fiverr order page with a 'purchase or buy now' link on your web pages.

Here are ways to promote.

1. High Traffic Forums ( keyword + forum) You do not have to join everyone you see. Stick to 2-5 of the best ones. Have a signature backling to your site. Optimize with an attention grabbing keyword. Ensure your comments make sense. Look out for the forums with RSS feeds, so that you can comment early and get your signature seen by plenty of people.

If you spam or comment just for the fun of it, you will not get anything out of this. Make posting in forums a habit, like checking your mail, facebook or Nairaland. Just do it frequently and move on.

2. Guest Blogging ( keyword + guest blogger) People are looking for fresh content they do not have to pay for. You can provide this as a guest blogger to your niche and have your URL optimized at the end for people to read.

3. Article Marketing submit articles to directories and leave your info in the resource box.

4. Social Media: Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, Yahoo Answers. You know what makes this special is the speed that things can go viral. You need to be smart here and weave your gigs around things that are funny, controversial or test the IQ. You might also need to use the power of pre-selling, just try to help people by offering valuable information related to your gigs. Forget about trying to sell them anything. If your information is good, they will check you out.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lakefist(m): 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mr Murdah: One of the best ways to promote your gigs is to create a website.

Ensure that you build a website that comes with a slider that would scroll the services you render and testimonials of happy customers.

Integrate the Fiverr order page with a 'purchase or buy now' link on your web pages.

1. High Traffic Forums ( keyword + forum) You do not have to join everyone you see. Stick to 2-5 of the best ones. Have a signature backling to your site. Optimize with an attention grabbing keyword. Ensure your comments make sense. Look out for the forums with RSS feeds, so that you can comment early and get your signature seen by plenty of people.

If you spam or comment just for the fun of it, you will not get anything out of this. Make posting in forums a habit, like checking your mail, facebook or Nairaland. Just do it frequently and move on.

2. Guest Blogging ( keyword + guest blogger) People are looking for fresh content they do not have to pay for. You can provide this as a guest blogger to your niche and have your URL optimized at the end for people to read.

3. Article Marketing submit articles to directories and leave your info in the resource box.

4. Social Media: Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Tumblr, Yahoo Answers. You know what makes this special is the speed that things can go viral. You need to be smart here and weave your gigs around things that are funny, controversial or test the IQ. You might also need to use the power of pre-selling, just try to help people by offering valuable information related to your gigs. Forget about trying to sell them anything. If your information is good, they will check you out.

bro i quite disagree with you on the website creation and not using a blogger or wordpress.
how do you expect sum1 who hasnt make money on fiverr to pay for a website.
like i was tot you can start little on fiverr with available free resources you have.
I got more sales when i created a blog using blogger for my gigs and since then sales never stoped.
whether you use a free blogger or paid website all that matters is traffic.
what i did with my blog is that i uploaded the same gig no alteration on my blog and linked"" order now to fiverr.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lakefist(m): 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mr Murdah: One of the best ways to promote your gigs is to create a website.

bro i quite disagree with you on the website creation and not using a blogger or wordpress.
like i was tot you can start little on fiverr with available free resources you have.
I got more sales when i created a blog using blogger for my gigs and since then sales never stoped.
what i did with my blog is that i uploaded the same gig no alteration on my blog and linked"" order now to fiverr.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2013

You were taught to use free wordpress and blogger, good for you.

It is an option.

But shooting down my claims on the basis of someone not making money on Fiverr as a premise not to pay 5 dollars for a site, does not hold water for me.

As the saying goes 'better soup na money cook am'.

$5 is a small price to pay and a worthwhile investment if you want to increase your Fiverr earnings.

$5 and not $50....I do not really see what is the hullabaloo is all about, the benefits of a paid site clearly outweighs a free blog.

If your gigs are on point, you would make even more sales with your personal site than a free one.

Traffic is about quality and not quantity.

A paid site ($5) smacks of professionalism.

It shows seriousness.

It makes it easier to sell your high-end gigs.

And you can promote your site easier. There are no limits.

There are many drawbacks for using a free blog.

All this wahala because you do not want to spend roughly 1,000.

Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by LoveKing(m): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
after all this talk talk, you will now end up selling the same old fiverr methods, freebacklink tool, social monkee, and the rest vomit. what do you do to make money on fiverr? tell us or stop saying stories
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by seabee: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mr Murdah: Fiverr kicked off February 2010.

For many Nigerians, it became the easiest way to earn cash online.

Fiverr is a phenomenon.

You do not require a website.

You do not need to look for traffic.

Nigerians are allowed to participate. (Whew)

And no one can scam you of your money, Fiverr holds it for you (unless you are greedy).

But that was 3 years ago.

Now making money on Fiverr is not as straightforward and easy as people think.

Millions of people are selling services on Fiverr.

And the new Fiverr V2 interface has made it extremely difficult to sustain a seller's success.

Are you frustrated with making money on Fiverr?

Have you been swallowed up by the competition?

Ask your questions.

It is for people who are already acquainted with Fiverr and are on the look-out for ways to make more money or sell their services or products better.

Let's go there!
I will be highly disappointed if you ever try to sell or advertise any fiverr related idea on this thread, because I dont see any reason why you cant just join other related thread
to make better contribution.
I check through all your posts, I cant see anything better than all that have been said so far in other threads.
Bros please pack well o.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lakefist(m): 7:56am On Oct 07, 2013
Mr Murdah:

You were taught to use free wordpress and blogger, good for you.

It is an option.

But shooting down my claims on the basis of someone not making money on Fiverr as a premise not to pay 5 dollars for a site, does not hold water for me.

As the saying goes 'better soup na money cook am'.

$5 is a small price to pay and a worthwhile investment if you want to increase your Fiverr earnings.

$5 and not $50....I do not really see what is the hullabaloo is all about, the benefits of a paid site clearly outweighs a free blog.

If your gigs are on point, you would make even more sales with your personal site than a free one.

Traffic is about quality and not quantity.

A paid site ($5) smacks of professionalism.

It shows seriousness.

It makes it easier to sell your high-end gigs.

And you can promote your site easier. There are no limits.

There are many drawbacks for using a free blog.

All this wahala because you do not want to spend roughly 1,000.

Haba!

Well i didnt say that its a crime not to have personal website am,i said for startersis not compulsory let them start with free one and later migrate to paid version sikena
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 9:08am On Oct 07, 2013
after all this talk talk, you will now end up selling the same old fiverr methods, freebacklink tool, social monkee, and the rest vomit. what do you do to make money on fiverr? tell us or stop saying stories

Clearly you are a frustrated person.

Jumping to conclusions and I am frankly making no sense with your nonsense.

By the way I do not sell seo or traffic methods.

And read the original post....it is about sharing Fiverr tips and tricks.

And not people talking about what they sell on Fiverr.

If you are really serious about making money, you would roll up your sleeves, research and find your niche.

Instead of waiting for someone to feed you with a teaspoon of what gigs to create.

Take a cue from Lakefist, he understands what the thread is about.

I will be highly disappointed if you ever try to sell or advertise any fiverr related idea on this thread, because I dont see any reason why you cant just join other related thread
to make better contribution.
I check through all your posts, I cant see anything better than all that have been said so far in other threads.
Bros please pack well o.

Shei, you go wait make I begin sell am before you are disappointed?

It is true there are posts on making money with Fiverr.

Most threads are for newbies.

I tried to do something different by starting a thread by differentiating intermediate and advanced fiverr users from those just starting out.

Some things have been said on other threads.

But with hordes of pages to sieve from it takes a while to shuffle them out.

The quality of this thread depends on what we make it to be.

Well i didnt say that its a crime not to have personal website am,i said for startersis not compulsory let them start with free one and later migrate to paid version sikena

No worries.

This is what you should have said earlier.

Instead of making it look like investing in building a website for $5 was a waste of money simply because someone is yet to make his first sale.

No wahala with starting with a free blog and moving to a paid one.

No wahala even using a free one.

In my opinion, I just highlighted the benefits of one over the other because that is what I use.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2013
There are over 3 million gigs on sale on Fiverr, so if you did not get into this marketplace early, you might struggle to see sales.

Unless you come up with an EXCEPTIONAL, HOT-IN DEMAND gig that is not SATURATED or OVER FLOGGED.

One thing you can do to speed up your sales is to use this grey hat trick.

1.Open 2 accounts. Ensure that you close some few sales in one account and use it to purchase gigs from another account.
One of the challenges of making money on Fiverr is when buyers do not see any gigs in queue or see any positive comments.

They move on.

Even if it is $5, they prefer to spend the money elsewhere particularly on someone who has gigs in line and positive feedback.

They believe they are getting quality and good service delivery.

Remember to use a proxy or hide my IP software if you are going to be operating 2 accounts. If the authorities see you have twin accounts, you are screwed.

Set your delivery time to 24 hours (express). You are buying your own gigs, so you can be late with your own orders.

When you show you can deliver a gig in a matter of hours, you increase your chances of closing a sale.

Fiverr buyers can be very impatient.

Do not just fake orders and cancel them later.

You should actually fulfill these orders.

Put anything in a text file and deliver, it is only when an order is fulfilled, that you can then leave a positive comment.

People are wary when[b] 1 person leaves over 5 comments for one gig in 1 day[/b].

It is true that some gigs have repeat customers.

But do not overdo it.

2.Moreover, you can swap sales with other Fiverr sellers. Tell them you will buy their own gig and leave positive feedback and tell them to do the same for you.

This method is great because you are getting attention from different buyers and not just one as was the first case.

Cheers!
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lemm: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hi, you guys have talked well. Can anybody place a link to your promotional website? i want to take a look. Thanks
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2013
Hi, you guys have talked well. Can anybody place a link to your promotional website? i want to take a look. Thanks

That is dicey.

Why not just create yours and have exclusive ownership over the gigs that you put there?

I do not offer the service that you are asking because it might interfere with my own gig niche.

And I frankly, I do not want anyone accusing me of sabotaging their efforts when they see no sales.

It is a good idea, if one can do this and drive hordes of traffic to the blog or site.

And prolly earn commissions from each successful order.

But I wonder how possible it would be to collect your cash for each successful order.

It is best that you do these things yourself.

You can use a free or paid platform which should not cost you more than 5k to see up.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lemm: 4:35am On Oct 09, 2013
Mr Murdah:

That is dicey.

Why not just create yours and have exclusive ownership over the gigs that you put there?

I do not offer the service that you are asking because it might interfere with my own gig niche.

And I frankly, I do not want anyone accusing me of sabotaging their efforts when they see no sales.

It is a good idea, if one can do this and drive hordes of traffic to the blog or site.

And prolly earn commissions from each successful order.

But I wonder how possible it would be to collect your cash for each successful order.

It is best that you do these things yourself.

You can use a free or paid platform which should not cost you more than 5k to see up.

Looks like you did not understand me. I do not want to place my gigs on your website. I just want to see how a promotional website looks like. It miust not be yours? I will make al ote more sense if we see how an actual promotional website look like.
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wonderful contributions so far.
another trick for getting more orders on fiverr is if you register as an Ameriacan.
You will need to change your i.p to a ameriacan i.p during registration in other to be registered as an America.

After that you can get a U.S phone number for client to contact you.

Usacallsms.com is a place where to get a U.S number that make and receive calls, it also receives sms

my 2cent
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 11:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Looks like you did not understand me. I do not want to place my gigs on your website. I just want to see how a promotional website looks like. It miust not be yours? I will make al ote more sense if we see how an actual promotional website look like.

http://fiverroftheday.com/

http://fiverr-submit..com/
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by lakefist(m): 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
lemm: Hi, you guys have talked well. Can anybody place a link to your promotional website? i want to take a look. Thanks
google is ur friend
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by MrMurdah: 8:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Yes you can google and see what you come up with too.

e.g. type fiverr + blog
fiverr + wordpress
fiverr + etc
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by Netplus(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
Good contributions so far. Well i will like to add something but i tell you, this space will not be enough. I share free tutorials and tips on one of my blogs and you can just check it. It contains everything you will ever need to get started on fiverr. Tutorials, tips, top secrets, free eBook downloads on top selling fiverr gigs. Everything you need. Just go to www.fiverrcycle.biz to see it for yourself. All the best guys.

1 Like

Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by Vera02(f): 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2015
pls i didnt know i to create a gig,pls anyone in the room that can help should send me the procedure through this email feranmia7@gmail.com or call this number if in need of some necessary information-08068971813(feranmi)
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by Vera02(f): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=Vera02 post=30180480]pls i didnt know i to create a gig,pls anyone in the room that can help should send me the procedure through this email feranmia7@gmail.com or call this number if in need of some necessary information-08068971813(feranmi).pls i need quick response
Re: Struggling To Make Money On Fiverr: Ask Questions, Share Tips & Tricks by charsobodo(m): 4:18am On Mar 09, 2016
In past I never believed that someone can make enough money from Fiverr to consider it as a source of income, but with I have seen with my eyes happening on Fiverr, truly Fiverr can be a source of income, you can offer practically any kind of gig on Fiverr. It's simply worth giving a try.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Funding Opportunities For Entrepreneurs / I Will Write Your Articles For Free. (Closed) / See The Wicked Bank Alert I Received During Lockdown.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.