Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Need Help With A Stockbroker Website - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Need Help With A Stockbroker Website (556 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by 2mNaira: 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2013
I have this website job to develop a website for a stockbroker firm.The problem is they insist the site must automatically display market trading result on the floor of the Nigeria Stock Exchange.I argued that all they need is a backend at which they can manually feed in the trading result themselves.They said no.The number of companies listed in the Nigerian Stock Exchange are too many for manual feeding in of trading result.They insist it must be automatic.Please how do I automate the display of market trading result from the stock market.
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by yawatide(f): 8:27pm On Oct 03, 2013
So, you took a job, without knowing if you could handle the requirements? Better yet, you didn't get the full requirements before taking on the job?

At any rate, how would you expect them to manually feed the prices? It would have to be done automatically. That only makes sense. I would imagine that the NSE has provided an API for folks to get and display such information. It might cost you though. If it does, did you figure this into the amount of money you want to charge your client?

When all is said and done, I hope and trust you would have learned your lesson(s) for the future.

Good luck!
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by dhtml(m): 11:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
Does my automatic stock exchange API solve part of the problem?
Link - http://.biz/nigerian-stock-exchange
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by AbidemiA: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2013
I have done similar jobs in the past, and currently working on another. You may check capitalassets.com.ng, if it is the kind of site you desire, I will be happy to offer my service at cost.
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2013
Deleted
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by AbidemiA: 11:11am On Oct 04, 2013
@Manifest,

Yes I do, I have responded to your mail, you may contact me via any of the details provided.
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by soloqy: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Abidemi_A: I have done similar jobs in the past, and currently working on another. You may check capitalassets.com.ng, if it is the kind of site you desire, I will be happy to offer my service at cost.

Impressive
Re: Need Help With A Stockbroker Website by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 06, 2013
Deleted

(1) (Reply)

Hi Webgurus Please Help Review Dis Web Site / Free Identity / How Do I Place Two Pics Beside Each Other On My Blog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.