Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre (35765 Views)

Air Force Bomb Boko Haram Camp In Borno Photo / Nigerian Troops Record Great Victory As They Clear Boko Haram Camps.graphic Pics / Two Chadian Army Helicopters Bomb Boko Haram Locations In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by jking001(m): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
DAMATURU, Nigeria (Reuters) - Fighter jets have bombed camps belonging to suspected Islamist militants in northeast Nigeria in response to a massacre of students at an agricultural college, an army spokesman said on Thursday.

The Islamist sect Boko Haram is suspected of carrying out the night-time raid on a college in Yobe state on Sunday, in which students were dragged out of their beds and shot. Forty-one were killed.

Boko Haram, which has not claimed responsibility for the attack, is fighting to impose an Islamic state in religiously-mixed Nigeria. It has become the biggest security threat to a country that is Africa's second largest economy and top oil exporter.

"We used jet fighters to drop bombs on terrorist camps, where many of the insurgents were killed," said Captain Eli Lazarus, military spokesman in Yobe state.

He said the strikes were carried out on Monday near Majari village on the border between Yobe and Borno, the two states worst hit by Boko Haram's four-year-old insurgency.

Soldiers have arrested 15 people suspected of involvement in the college attack and patrols along main roads in Borno and Yobe have been reinforced, Lazarus said.

Nigeria's army has in the past exaggerated its capabilities and successes and played down casualties among soldiers and civilians, security and diplomatic sources say.

Authorities have ordered greater security around schools since Sunday's attacks to help restore confidence in the Western-style education system that Boko Haram wants banished, government sources told Reuters this week.

Thousands have been killed since Boko Haram launched its uprising in 2009. As it has grown bolder and more deadly, it has also forged links with Islamists in the Sahara, including al Qaeda's north African branch.

Western governments are increasingly worried about the threat posed by Islamist groups across Africa, from Mali and Algeria in the Sahara to Kenya in the east, where fighters from the Somali al-Shabaab group killed at least 67 people in an attack on a Nairobi shopping mall last month.

(Writing by Joe Brock; Editing by Tim Cocks and Kevin Liffey)

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKBRE9920I620131003?irpc=932
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
#HowTrueIsThis ....may God help us
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by BabaEleko(m): 8:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Why are they so quick to put out statement.

2 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by HezronLorraine(m): 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
^^
Because fighter jets are involved this time around.

1 Like

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by 3kay945(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2013
I hope they bombed the right people, I hardly trust this government again undecided

19 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by solomon111(m): 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
Bombed them all to oblivion.
If any of them survives,feed them to the hungry lions at UI.

2 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by shigoslim(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2013
Why na they pampam them wen na no their camp.

2 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by wasak(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2013
bomb d idiotssss!!!and mutilate their evil bodies
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
Henceforth, any boko haram member caught shud be given to either a crocodile, lion or tiger for meal as purnishment!

11 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by cashkid18(m): 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2013
they shud bomb everytin in dt camp includin animals n birds

1 Like

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Fkforyou(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
They are just trying to redeem their image and confidence of the Nigerian people,You know where some of their camp is yet you haven't flushed them out since....R.I.P..to does student.

13 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by idupaul: 11:44pm On Oct 03, 2013
I still yet to come to terms how they used their relic fighters to drop munition on ground targets accurately ... This ops would have been better for attack copters supported by light armor personnel carriers
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by solomon111(m): 12:52am On Oct 04, 2013
idupaul: I still yet to come to terms how they used their relic fighters to drop munition on ground targets accurately ... This ops would have been better for attack copters supported by light armor personnel carriers
you forget that those relic fighters have undergone substantial upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Wsdm: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2013
Do you have to wait for innocent unarmed students to be slaughtered in cold blood before attacking the insurgent camps? The whole place is under S.O.E in the first place for goodness sake! This one is a ploy by the military to divert attention from their weakness. What i expect is for them to tell us that they have arrested all the security men whose lapses lead to the carnage to serve as deterrent to the rest of them.

11 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Rossikk(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2013
idupaul: I still yet to come to terms how they used their relic fighters to drop munition on ground targets accurately ... This ops would have been better for attack copters supported by light armor personnel carriers
Go and stand where the boko boys are hanging out and see if the "relic fighters" won't wipe your sorry assss off the face of the earth. Ewu!

8 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Euroclydon(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2013
Wait...u mean these guy hav not been bombing nuffin before?

1 Like

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by ritababe(f): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2013
Mtcheeew
una knw were the camp dey since una no bomb til wen innocent people don die finish before una dey bomb.
God dey sha oh

I STILL WANT SHEKAU HEAD WHEATHER DEAD OR ALIVE
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by iamswizz(m): 10:23am On Oct 04, 2013
Believe me....Nigeria might divide

1 Like

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2013
I dint read it. But Does dis suffice to say dat dey were motivated by the death of their colleague
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Brymo: 10:24am On Oct 04, 2013
We hop dayt guy was cut dis tyme
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by XVIER(m): 10:26am On Oct 04, 2013
OP pics pls only that will i believe
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Caracta(f): 10:26am On Oct 04, 2013
iamswizz: Believe me....Nigeria might divide

It has. We are only living together.

2 Likes

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by kennyonthrone(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2013
Mehn dis dia camp no d eva finish
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2013
* in Spartacus' wife voice* kill them all!
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by nerodenero: 10:28am On Oct 04, 2013
3kay945: I hope they bombed the right people, I hardly trust this government again undecided
True talk but at the same time,the air strike is long overdue.
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Genovese(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2013
So these dumbfvcks av to wait for an attack b4 they strike..who knows if they even strike anytin. Smh
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 04, 2013
Just bomb the owl north
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by dridowu: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2013
Hmmmmm boko boiz must be quench
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by PosCaricature: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2013
No retreat no surrender. The JTF is winning the war against terrorism.

1 Like

Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 04, 2013
iamswizz: Believe me....Nigeria might divide

Which kain statement be this...E never even sure for you [might]yet you want us to believe you
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by condralbede(m): 10:32am On Oct 04, 2013
all nah wash.am done blving all dis their white lies.
Re: Army Jets Bomb Boko-Haram Camps After College Massacre by yuncka: 10:32am On Oct 04, 2013
Am suspectin foul play here, why wil dey wait 4 dis Bokoboys 2 strike b4 dey bomb dia camp. Na so dem tel Us say Shekauh don die, who even know d amount of lies dey hav told Us.

Medicine after death.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila: I Was Offered ₦100 Million To Support Third Term Agenda / FG, NLC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (Video) / LASTMA To Now Close By 11pm - Sanwo-olu As He Signs First Executive Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.