Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516890 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Interesting.. Please 7th for me @ salc
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
SalC:

Today being the first day of October and the commencement of the annual october devotion, it will be nice to carry everyone along in this year's devotion.

This is how it's going to be ......

1) You indicate you interest to be part of it.

2) You get any number ranging from 2-30

3) The number given to you represents the day the brethren will pray for you and any special intention (if you give us any)

4) Assuming your number is 15, it means we will pray for you on the 15th of Oct, and depending on the number of those who showed interest, we may have to pray for more than one person on thesame date.

5). Everyday, we announce the names of those to be prayed for.

6)On the day you will be prayed for, you can come around and say a thing or two and drop any special intention you want us to pray for (if any)

7) Everyone in the house has a duty of praying for those whose names were announced for the day,

The prayers, could be, novena, rosary, visitation to the blessed sacrament, mass, etc
8 Today being 1st, we will pray for the Pope's intention while on the 31st we pray for our country Nigeria.

God bless you as you Join us to pray or be prayed for

GLORY TO JESUS......

Please forgive me if your name was omitted, you are still very eligible to be part of this.
Thanks SalC. Am in........Book me for 9th Oct
Re: A Thread For Catholics by modestdude(m): 12:04am On Oct 02, 2014
It will be interesting if we have your real names @least one, so that we wont pray for unexisting people with unexisting (NICK)names in God' s register. grin

If not we gonna be like, "Heavenly Father, bless my friend Kiddablings......"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 2:08am On Oct 02, 2014
Book me too, I'm interested! For any day!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:45am On Oct 02, 2014
"In the Christian community we are in need of one another, and every gift received is acted fully when it is shared with brothers, for the good of all. This is the Church!"

summary of Pope Francis general audience on Oct 1. See full tex at below link

Http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/full-text-of-pope-s-general-audience-catechesis-oct-1
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:21am On Oct 02, 2014
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.  Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.  And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.  Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:13-16

2nd Oct
Today, we are praying for KiddaaBlingzz

You can choose to drop a line or two of prayers, advice, encouragement and good wishes,
NB-doing the above won't replace the prayer expected of you prayer for him in your own way.

We pray that whatever prayer we pray for him will find favour in the site of God through Christ our Lord...

5 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:22am On Oct 02, 2014
damerry: Interesting.. Please 7th for me @ salc
Noted bro.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:30am On Oct 02, 2014
modestdude: Thanks SalC. Am in........Book me for 9th Oct
Welcome and God bless you dear brother, Please if you don't mind I plead with you to take another date, for now I want us to book the dates singly before considering pairing name and Woky already chose 9th

The available dates are...

6th
10th-12th
14th-22nd
24th-26th
29th-30th

Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:32am On Oct 02, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: 2 will be ok for me....

May our prayers for you today find favor before the Lord, that HE may meet you at the point of your needs.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:37am On Oct 02, 2014
babestell: "In the Christian community we are in need of one another, and every gift received is acted fully when it is shared with brothers, for the good of all. This is the Church!"

Http://www.zenit.org/en/articles/full-text-of-pope-s-general-audience-catechesis-oct-1

To the point and True.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:37am On Oct 02, 2014
modestdude: It will be interesting if we have your real names @least one, so that we wont pray for unexisting people with unexisting (NICK)names in God' s register. grin

If not we gonna be like, "Heavenly Father, bless my friend Kiddablings......"
Lol this got me laughing. grin

Well anyone who wants to provide us with atleast one real name should do. But I know God knows you are the Modestdude of Nairaland and when I say "God bless bless Modestdude for me".. He will be like.."Oh Modestdude?..I know him" cheesy and he will grant my wish!

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:39am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Book me too, I'm interested! For any day!
Booked for 5th Oct dear Sis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:42am On Oct 02, 2014
SalC: Lol this got me laughing. grin

Well anyone who wants to provide us with atleast one real name should do. But I know God knows you are the Modestdude of Nairaland and when I say "God bless bless Modestdude for me".. He will be like.."Oh Modestdude?..I know him" cheesy and he will grant my wish!

Na so. grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:46am On Oct 02, 2014
babestell: "In the Christian community we are in need of one another, and every gift received is acted fully when it is shared with brothers, for the good of all. This is the Church!"

Yeah if I have the gift of prophecy and have no one to prophecy to, the gift is as good as being non- existent,

The church is one body with many parts and each complement the other.
Good one! Thanks for sharing Sis...God bless the Pope!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 6:48am On Oct 02, 2014
5th October has been a memorable day in my life!

SalC: Booked for 5th Oct dear Sis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:55am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: 5th October has been a memorable day in my life!

It's working.....smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2014
Thank u dear n God bless ur good work @ SalC.

* FrankySnow where have u been? Ur attention is needed here*

SalC: It's working.....smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:11am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Thank u dear n God bless ur good work @ SalC.

God bless the initiator and all who are here to make it a reality.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:12am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Thank u dear n God bless ur good work @ SalC.

Frankysnow has re-transformed again to Mzmariah I believe.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 7:17am On Oct 02, 2014
Will it be ok to mention everyone, so dat I get to know whom I'm praying for?

SalC: God bless the initiator and all who are here to make it a reality.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by cocoberry(f): 7:18am On Oct 02, 2014
She's been missing in Action for a while now.

Syncan:

Frankysnow has re-transformed again to Mzmariah I believe.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:20am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: She's been missing in Action for a while now.

I see.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:27am On Oct 02, 2014
For my e-brother KiddaBlingz... I commit all your intentions into the hands of our Blessed Mother... Praying that she will surprise you through her son as she did to the couple/guest at the wedding of canaan... Remain blessed and in faith with Christ...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:37am On Oct 02, 2014
Dear KiddaBlingzz,

On this day I pray the good lord to meet you at every point of your need. May he allay your worries and fortify you with his spirit to wade through the troubles of this world.

May his blessings never depart from your household, your loved ones, your friends and even your enemies.

May the work of your hands be blessed and may the grace of our lord Jesus christ, the love of God and the sweet fellowship of the holy spirit be with you both now and forever. Amen.

You are a blessed child.

Hail mary full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb JESUS....

Holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Glory be to the father and to the son and to the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end

Amen.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:41am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: Will it be ok to mention everyone, so dat I get to know whom I'm praying for?

Well if I understood you, I already mentioned as many names as I could remember yesterday, and by initiator and all who are making it a reality, I mean you, I and all the brethren here.

And each day, we announce the name(s) of those to be prayed for.

Today We are praying for KiddaBlingzz.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:45am On Oct 02, 2014
Rich4god: For my e-brother KiddaBlingzz... I commit all your intentions into the hands of our Blessed Mother... Praying that she will surprise you through her son as she did to the couple/guest at the wedding of canaan... Remain blessed and in faith with Christ...
Amen to the prayers.

The day you realize your e-brother's name ends with zz and not z is the day he will start getting your mentions smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:47am On Oct 02, 2014
I have never unfollowed this thread for one second and that's my humble confession this morning...

https://www.nairaland.com/1919151/which-thread-never-unfollowed-since#26596655

As Syncan rightly said the other time, I am ever present wherever goodies appear and I am so glad to be in this wonderful group of people.

I consider you all my goodies smiley

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by zicoraads: 8:00am On Oct 02, 2014
cocoberry: She's been missing in Action for a while now.

She has re-transformed, I bliv its now MzM!

By the way...been finding u here quite often and its a lil bit strange wink

Top of the morning to you. Morning Sal C, Syncan and every member of this house!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2014
zicoraads: She has re-transformed, I bliv its now MzM!

Top of the morning to you. Morning Sal C, Syncan and every member of this house!

Good morning Zicoraads, may your day be fruitful.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:07am On Oct 02, 2014
SalC: Amen to the prayers.

The day you realize your e-brother's name ends with zz and not z is the day he will start getting your mentions smiley
Gosh... Seems like you have to re-baptize him... Who picks up a botanical name for a moniker....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:17am On Oct 02, 2014
zicoraads: She has re-transformed, I bliv its now MzM!

Wish you the best bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:19am On Oct 02, 2014
Rich4god: Gosh... Seems like you have to re-baptize him... Who picks up a botanical name for a moniker....
Chai see finishing smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.