Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,555 members, 7,809,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516916 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2014
HurricaneChris,

May God continue to be with you in all you do through yhe intercession of Our Lady of the Rosary.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2014
italo:

Lol. Thanks.

Bia, na only me dey find spouse for this forum...abi na only me dey talk am openly?

Woky
Rich4god
Striktlymi
HurricaneChris
Jnrbayano
Titoetal

Come let's answer our brother o

cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2014
hurricaneChris:

I'm choosing 26th! It's a very significant day.

Looking forward to that day.

"But all who listen to me will live in peace, untroubled by fear of harm"-----Prov 1:33

As we unite in prayers for you today, may God's love cover you like a mantle.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:36am On Oct 26, 2014
babestell:

SalC and Syncan are husband and wife.

O kwa gi bu babestell, guerrilla fighter, throw bomb and run away is your style, i tupula this one. If I vex now, you'll hear your complete name announced in mater for a mass you didn't book. angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Seconded. Or at least they live close to each other

Na your own be that, supporter, nke obuna you'll support. E nwero m okwu where you de.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 7:52am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

O kwa gi bu babestell, guerrilla fighter, throw bomb and run away is your style, i tupula this one. If I vex now, you'll hear your complete name announced in mater for a mass you didn't book. angry

I am finally in the same time zone as you all, so am ready for you.
1) two of you have some love btwn each other..it's obvious from the way una dey complete each other statement. And since we all know you left seminary to marry...then u guys must be married or you are cheating.

2) maybe you are siblings but i prefer the married version cos it is more romantic

I came back to learn mater is doing harvest. ..Trust na I ran to CIWA straight for 6am
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2014
jnrbayano:
I wanted to shout but something gagged me.

shockedlipsrsealedshocked

No mind them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:56am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

technicaly, they are still catholics in a sense.

I am not necessarily inclined toward sedesvacantism, actually i reject the ideology, but i'm gradually learning that there is a gem of truth in most lie, crude oil is black and totally useless in itself. The most stupid stuff people believe are usually important to them and most times it is important you look at things from their skewed glassed so you can show them why you are sure your own glass is clearer.

See as you mouth de shake @ bold.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2014
@hurricanechris I pray that The Lord will give you the grace to seek him/his kingdom all the days of your life so that the blessings of Matt6:33 may be yours all d days of your life through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 8:01am On Oct 26, 2014
Happy Sunday all.I pray for God's blessings.May this be a fruitful week for us all.Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:06am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

as i said, so many quotable words, no definite position taken.

His position is that of the synod. That speech was an admonition from a watchman.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11am On Oct 26, 2014
babestell:

1) two of you have some love btwn each other..it's obvious from the way una dey complete each other statement. And since we all know you left seminary to marry...then u guys must be married or you are cheating.

2) maybe you are siblings but i prefer the married version cos it is more romantic

I came back to learn mater is doing harvest. ..Trust na I ran to CIWA straight for 6am

where is my pop corn?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:12am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

His position is that of the synod. That speech was an admonition from a watchman.

the pope is a watchman in his own synod? You know how funny that sounds right?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:13am On Oct 26, 2014
babestell:

@ bold, now I know why Jnrbayano was gagged from shouting. I, myself was almost shouting, but the name I was to call wasn't Jesus, It was linked with idolatory, no wonder I was gagged too. Chai...all these knowledge you all are sharing...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:13am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

where is my pop corn?

*hands him a bowl*
Uncle come and sit near me cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

the pope is a watchman in his own synod? You know how funny that sounds right?

Yes na, It's a synod, he is not writing an encyclical.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

See as you mouth de shake @ bold.
actually my mouth no shake.

Even when a person is excommunicated he/she is still a catholic.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:19am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

Yes na, It's a synod, he is not writing an encyclical.

yeah, yeah, yeah, i told that to somebody. Pope aren't watchmen at synods, they are listening teacher. A silent pope in a synod full of liberal bishop has a powerful recipe for confusion in the church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:21am On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

*hands him a bowl*
Uncle come and sit near me cheesy
oh, thank you dear, you are really a good sista. I just need lacasera to push the popcorn as i wait for salc and syncan to share their testimony.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:25am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

Na your own be that, supporter, nke obuna you'll support. E nwero m okwu where you de.

Sorry na.lol
U know I used to support you before but Babestell has a record of seeing farther than I can since 1942. So when she confirmed what I was already tempted to believe, I agreed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:27am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:
oh, thank you dear, you are really a good sista. I just need lacasera to push the popcorn as i wait for salc and syncan to share their testimony.
Lol@testimony
*hands him 2bottles of lacasera *
If you need more, the blue cooler to your left is full of drinks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

yeah, yeah, yeah, i told that to somebody. Pope aren't watchmen at synods, they are listening teacher. A silent pope in a synod full of liberal bishop has a powerful recipe for confusion in the church.

Hmm...danger, If Peter assumed this Position, he would have made a mistake in Acts 15. He rather allowed the Holy Spirit talk through the synod, and submitted to her position.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Lol@testimony
*hands him 2bottles of lacasera *
If you need more, the blue cooler to your left is full of drinks

thank you dearest sister, where is salc?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:57am On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Sorry na.lol
U know I used to support you before but Babestell has a record of seeing farther than I can since 1942. So when she confirmed what I was already tempted to believe, I agreed

I'll leave this for SalC.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2014
Syncan:

Hmm...danger, If Peter assumed this Position, he would have made a mistake in Acts 15. He rather allowed the Holy Spirit talk through the synod, and submitted to her position.

actually peter assumed exactly that position. After the judaizer started the arguement and paul gave his testimony, the scriptures record, and peter stood up and everyone was quite, he then calmly put down his teachings basing on the Old testament and his personal experience. He made his position known and the debate in the synod came to an end as James wrapped everything up. Here we have a synod where they say peter refused to speak.

Peter didn't just accept the position of the synod, he allowed the holyspirit to use him in teach all present. Imagine what will it look like if as the arguement raged on peter simply sat and played referee who had no position in the matter.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:11am On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

actually peter assumed exactly that position. After the judaizer started the arguement and paul gave his testimony, the scriptures record, and peter stood up and everyone was quite, he then calmly put down his teachings basing on the Old testament and his personal experience. He made his position known and the debate in the synod came to an end as James wrapped everything up. Here we have a synod where they say peter refused to speak.

Peter didn't just accept the position of the synod, he allowed the holyspirit to use him in teach all present. Imagine what will it look like if as the arguement raged on peter simply sat and played referee who had no position in the matter.

It's interesting how you make it look like that was always Peter's position. Meanwhile, What is the topic of the synod holding next year?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:10am On Oct 26, 2014
jnrbayano:

Woky
Rich4god
Striktlymi
HurricaneChris
Jnrbayano
Titoetal

Come let's answer our brother o

cheesy
Why you dey call my name... I already have a spouse... smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2014
Kamsified:

Lol no be trouble my prince
There r too many pointers to support babestell's position. Only be say 2 of them will soon come here tomorrow to deny d obvious as usual. lipsrsealed

Oh sorry I didn't see d mail earlier but I just replied. And I was even crying that Enugu babes have taken u away. Am happy now wink
Even if they try, am sure my mumsy will put me back on track... :p
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2014
@Hurricanechris... May God strenghten the foundation of your effort, bueatiful the design of your works and grant success to all that you do... Remain blessed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:30am On Oct 26, 2014
babestell:

Ghen ghen... If Kamsified see this one... We no go hear word again...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
*YAWNS*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ubenedictus:

my dear, i have no problem with "charity in words" as you put it, you can be very charitable in words and be very clear. Interestingly i don't believe i know any ambigous statements from Christ. When he exercise his teaching office he did so clearly even when he wasn't understood.

Charity is never a pillar to hide unnecessary ambuguity.

What do you call his use of parables?

What about his teaching that suggests a soft permission for divorce: 'in the case of fornication'?

A lot of examples abound that demonstrates the ambiguity of a number of teachings from Christ.

The Church is just following in the Master's footsteps.

I am of the opinion that the definitions the Church put forth with respect to her teachings are clear enough.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.