Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,323 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516743 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:26am On Oct 28, 2014
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

I always have the 'little' ones in mind whenever I post. A lot of my posts may seem radical and a bit senseless and nonsensical but below the 'facade' is sincerity.

Anyways, I may try to follow that advice whenever I am inspired, considering that I almost died today.

thank God....

Are u alrite? What happened?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:

thank God....

Are u alrite? What happened?

I am not sure if I am alright. I believe I have a major issue. I am calm even when I face death head on. I feel that behaviour is not normal.

Anyways, the near-accident was a direct result of the actions of three idi*ts. Me, a cab driver and a tipper driver.

The first idi*t (me) saw the third idi*t (tipper driver), who happens to be driving beyond the speed limit, coming and felt I could easily cross the road since my car is obviously faster.

The first idi*t simply wanted to make what ordinarily would have been a routine cross to where he works. The road is one way and I come from the upside of town, hence the need to make the crossing before I get into the premises.

As the first idi*t was getting set to make his move, he did not notice the second idi*t (taxi driver) reversing on a one-way road, thus blocking the entry point of the first idiot.

The second idi*t was unfamiliar with the area and had gone past my place of work (his destination) by a bit before realizing it. I guess the second idi*t felt since the gate is not far of, he could simply back up and enter not minding that the first idi*t had already started his silly dash towards the gate.

The result was that the first idi*t was stuck in the middle of the road with just two options:

1) Continue the dash and get hit by both the second and third idi*ts, hence destroying both the front end and rear of my car; or
2) Stay in that deadly position (the middle of the road) and watch the over speeding third idi*t ram me from the side.

I went with option two because I wanted to avoid a multiple accident scenario.

All those analysis happened within 3 seconds. There was no way I could back up on time.

The fourth second, fifth second etc passed by and this first idi*t was very much alive and there was no accident. As the first idi*t approached the gate, the security guard said: "you are lucky".
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:30am On Oct 28, 2014
SalC:
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. Ps 128:2
Today we are praying for babestell
May our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.
Good morning brethren and do have a favour filled day ahead smiley

My PRAYER INTENTIONS are as follows

1) i want to take over the world and be so great that people will hang a picture of me in the stars and tell their children " I want you to grow up and be like babestell"

2) 99% of the wisdom of Solomon

3) Forgiveness of sins

4) I want to have a hot shape and be so beautiful, people will ...........

5) Healing spiritual, physical, financial and mental

6) Is it okay to pray openly for a very wealthy, catholic spouse who will worship the ground i walk on

I showed my friend my prayer points and she said its very selfish. but hey today is my day....Am allowed to be selfish!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2014
jnrbayano:
Good morning brethren.

Please spare a fraction of your time and pray for me as I make a short journey South South today.

Thank you dears.

Journey mercies to you bro.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:11am On Oct 28, 2014
babestell:

1) i want to take over the world and be so great that people will hang a picture of me in the stars and tell their children " I want you to grow up and be like babestell"

3) Forgiveness of sins

6) Is it okay to pray openly for a very wealthy, catholic spouse who will worship the ground i walk on

I showed my friend my prayer points and she said its very selfish. but hey today is my day....Am allowed to be selfish!!

hmm...we'll pray, if you look very well, some are already receiving Divine attention for some time now. wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
Rich4god:
Morning everyone....
@babestell, may the good Lord grant you all that your heart desires... Remain blessed...
Safe trip @jnrbayano...

Syncan:

Journey mercies to you bro.

Thanks a lot.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
babestell:

3) Forgiveness of sins

Dear, our Lord said ask! ask!! You do not receive because you've not asked in His name...

I place your petitions before the Tabernacle of the most high God and say, let His will be done in your life through Christ Jesus - Amen.
Rejoice and be glad child of God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
striktlymi:

I am not sure if I am alright. I believe I have a major issue. I am calm even when I face death head on. I feel that behaviour is not normal.

Anyways, the near-accident was a direct result of the actions of three idi*ts. Me, a cab driver and a tipper driver.

The first idi*t (me) saw the third idi*t (tipper driver), who happens to be driving beyond the speed limit, coming and felt I could easily cross the road since my car is obviously faster.

The first idi*t simply wanted to make what ordinarily would have been a routine cross to where he works. The road is one way and I come from the upside of town, hence the need to make the crossing before I get into the premises.

As the first idi*t was getting set to make his move, he did not notice the second idi*t (taxi driver) reversing on a one-way road, thus blocking the entry point of the first idiot.

The second idi*t was unfamiliar with the area and had gone past my place of work (his destination) by a bit before realizing it. I guess the second idi*t felt since the gate is not far of, he could simply back up and enter not minding that the first idi*t had already started his silly dash towards the gate.

The result was that the first idi*t was stuck in the middle of the road with just two options:

1) Continue the dash and get hit by both the second and third idi*ts, hence destroying both the front end and rear of my car; or
2) Stay in that deadly position (the middle of the road) and watch the over speeding third idi*t ram me from the side.

All those analysis happened within 3 seconds. There was no way I could back up on time.

The fourth second, fifth second etc passed by and this first idi*t was very much alive and there was no accident. As the first idi*t approached the gate, the security guard said: "you are lucky".

Thank God for his mercies and thank you for your prayers.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
titoetal:

Dear, our Lord said ask! ask!! You do not receive because you've not asked in His name...

I place your petitions before the Tabernacle of the most high God and say, let His will be done in your life through Christ Jesus - Amen.
Rejoice and be glad child of God.

Thanks sir

You remind me of my reluctant in-law Syncan.....Are you a memeber of The Work by any chance
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
striktlymi:

Thank God for your life...But how did it end? The trailer stopped or you moved faster?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
babestell:

Thanks sir

You remind me of my reluctant in-law Syncan.....Are you a memeber of The Work by any chance

Daalu kwa Nne.

If I said yes or no, then I have not given a true answer to your query cos I didn't catch The Work you meant.
However, it's best to say am not though you saw it displays.

Nodu nma Ada Igbo.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
titoetal:

Daalu kwa Nne.

If I said yes or no, then I have not given a true answer to your query cos I didn't catch The Work you meant.
However, it's best to say am not though you saw it displays.

Nodu nma Ada Igbo.

By The Work I mean Opus Dei.
Ok cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
I have now arrived my destination as planned safely.

Thanks brethren for your kind prayers.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2014
jnrbayano:

Thank God for his mercies and thank you for your prayers.

Yeah!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
babestell:

Thank God for your life...But how did it end? The trailer stopped or you moved faster?

Neither!

If I say I know the details of how it ended I would be lying. All I know was that I took my eyes off the oncoming tipper and focused on a spot in front of me, expecting the accident to happen.

My vehicle is a bit large and would conveniently take more than half the width of the road. By every calculation that truck driver was supposed to at least graze the rear end of the vehicle.

I don't know why it didn't happen but on retrospect I am coming to the conclusion that it may have been the hand of God through one of the saints. I guess God was trying to tell me something today.

So many 'coincidences' that I may just throw logic to the winds this time around.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
babestell:

By The Work I mean Opus Dei.
Ok cool

Oh! dear, I love the way of Blessed JoseMaria Escreva, the servant of God. I am a non-member member of this association. Started using his prayers as a teenager. However, not so now.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2014
striktlymi:

Neither!

If I say I know the details of how it ended I would be lying. All I know was that I took my eyes off the oncoming tipper and focused on a spot in front of me, expecting the accident to happen.

My vehicle is a bit large and would conveniently take more than half the width of the road. By every calculation that truck driver was supposed to at least graze the rear end of the vehicle.

I don't know why it didn't happen but on retrospect I am coming to the conclusion that it may have been the hand of God through one of the saints. I guess God was trying to tell me something today.

So many 'coincidences' that I may just throw logic to the winds this time around.

Fling it so high and away bro.

Our God did so marvelously. Not surprised though, he always does.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
babestell:

3) Forgiveness of sins

May our prayers for you today find favor in God's sight and May he grant all you have asked of him according to his will and plans for you through Christ our Lord.Amen

Stay blessed dearie
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ubenedictus:

hey! I b think say we b paddi? Weytin be dis naw?
Do I know you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:35am On Oct 29, 2014
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Ps 128:3

Today we are praying for iykmon

May our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a nice day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:45am On Oct 29, 2014
iykmon,

May our blessings tasty God fill you and grant all your heart desires both now and for all time through Christ our lord.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2014
jnrbayano:

Fling it so high and away bro.

Our God did so marvelously. Not surprised though, he always does.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 7:43am On Oct 29, 2014
striktlymi:

Thank God you're ok. Just be more careful next time.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 7:47am On Oct 29, 2014
SalC:

Today we are praying for iykmon

smiley

Iykmon, May God grant you peace of both mind and body, that you may live to see the miracles of God almighty manifest in ur family. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:16am On Oct 29, 2014
Iykmon... May God's blessing and favour never depart from your life..... Rmain blessed brother....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 10:41am On Oct 29, 2014
God bless us all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:01pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iykmon, may The Lord keep you, may he make his face to shine upon you, may he preserve your going out and coming in always. When you call, may he answer you. May he bless you beyond your expectations this day and all the days of your life. I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
striktlymi:

Neither!

Great testimony u got here bro. All thanks be to God
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
iykmon:

I choose 10....pray for the gift of children

SalC:
Thanks for indicating interest, but the date you chose is past already so we will pray for you on 29th. Your prayer point is noted, remain blessed

Cast your burden on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be moved --- Psalm 55:22

As we unite in prayers for you today, may the lord ease your burden and answer favorably your petition.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:59pm On Oct 29, 2014
babestell:

Thanks sir

Yes ooo, we are connected in more ways than one. Reluctant in-law , Chai...I thought we don settle tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
Syncan:

Yes ooo, we are connected in more ways than one. Reluctant in-law , Chai...I thought we don settle tongue

Settle ke!

I have declared war on all those hiding their marital status and trying to deceive us grin grin

Just waiting for October to end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.