Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516843 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:07pm On Oct 29, 2014
babestell:

Settle ke!

I have declared war on all those hiding their marital status and trying to deceive us grin grin

Just waiting for October to end.

Lol, let me face seriously my October devotion then, since there's a war ahead. Where else would my help come from? cheesy.
Though I had thought mine was a concluded matter, na Ubenedictus we suppose team up ask question.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
Iykmon, as the presence of the Lord leads the children of Israel during there Exodus, I pray it shall be so for you every moment of your life to the glory of the most high God through Christ Jesus - Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:14am On Oct 30, 2014
As the mountains surround Jerusalem,  so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore. Ps 125:2

Today we are praying for Sunnyeistein

May all our prayers for you today find favour in the sight of the God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:26am On Oct 30, 2014
@Sunnyeistein... May heaven open up its showers of blessings for you so that you will always have all you need in abundance...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 8:16am On Oct 30, 2014
Good Morning Pple Sunnyeistein May God Bless U Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:39am On Oct 30, 2014
sunnyeinstein:
Dear Vatican, one stubborn [/color] runaway catholic has joined oooo grin grin
[color=#000000]
may the good Lord hav mercy on us all. Nyce weekend smiley

I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved--- Psalm 16:8

As we pray for you today,may your thoughts and actions be fixed on the Lord, that you may be unshakable by any adversary.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
striktlymi:

I am not sure if I am alright. I believe I have a major issue. I am calm even when I face death head on. I feel that behaviour is not normal.

Anyways, the near-accident was a direct result of the actions of three idi*ts. Me, a cab driver and a tipper driver.

The first idi*t (me) saw the third idi*t (tipper driver), who happens to be driving beyond the speed limit, coming and felt I could easily cross the road since my car is obviously faster.

The first idi*t simply wanted to make what ordinarily would have been a routine cross to where he works. The road is one way and I come from the upside of town, hence the need to make the crossing before I get into the premises.

As the first idi*t was getting set to make his move, he did not notice the second idi*t (taxi driver) reversing on a one-way road, thus blocking the entry point of the first idiot.

The second idi*t was unfamiliar with the area and had gone past my place of work (his destination) by a bit before realizing it. I guess the second idi*t felt since the gate is not far of, he could simply back up and enter not minding that the first idi*t had already started his silly dash towards the gate.

The result was that the first idi*t was stuck in the middle of the road with just two options:

1) Continue the dash and get hit by both the second and third idi*ts, hence destroying both the front end and rear of my car; or
2) Stay in that deadly position (the middle of the road) and watch the over speeding third idi*t ram me from the side.

I went with option two because I wanted to avoid a multiple accident scenario.

All those analysis happened within 3 seconds. There was no way I could back up on time.

The fourth second, fifth second etc passed by and this first idi*t was very much alive and there was no accident. As the first idi*t approached the gate, the security guard said: "you are lucky".

idi*t, i join you in giving thanks to God.

I think u were in shock, you body made up for your anxieties by pumping more adrenaline.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Kamsified:

Do I know you?

ok oh!

U try!

I don hear!

U no know me abi? No friend in the jungle.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
babestell:

My PRAYER INTENTIONS are as follows

1) i want to take over the world and be so great that people will hang a picture of me in the stars and tell their children " I want you to grow up and be like babestell"

2) 99% of the wisdom of Solomon

3) Forgiveness of sins

4) I want to have a hot shape and be so beautiful, people will ...........

5) Healing spiritual, physical, financial and mental

6) Is it okay to pray openly for a very wealthy, catholic spouse who will worship the ground i walk on

I showed my friend my prayer points and she said its very selfish. but hey today is my day....Am allowed to be selfish!!

chai! Chai!! Chai!!!

Dis gurl no go kill person! I no even know where to begin. See prayer intention!.

Thank God say God no be man.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Dear Sunnyeinstein, you did not choose yourself. The Lord choosed you and as His words puts it, you shall bear good fruits that will last unto His glory and for your victory through Christ Jesus - Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:43am On Oct 31, 2014
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2Chr 7:14

Today we are praying for Nigeria

May all our prayers for our country today find favour in the sight of God through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a blessed day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:36am On Oct 31, 2014
SalC:

8 Today being 1st, we will pray for the Pope's intention while on the 31st we pray for our country Nigeria.

"Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks be made for all men; for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence"---- 1 Timothy 2:1-2

As we unite in prayers for our country today, may the glory of the Lord be made manifest in our Land.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:41am On Oct 31, 2014
I pray that God will give us true leaders who will truly fight for the unity and growth of this nation and may God bless and protect our troops at the forefront of the battle against terrorism... Amen...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 31, 2014
Ubenedictus:

idi*t, i join you in giving thanks to God.

I think u were in shock, you body made up for your anxieties by pumping more adrenaline.

Probably!

Yes, I drove like an Id*t.

I guess my driving pattern is now being affected by my environment. When it was at the mainland, I was always careful.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:46am On Oct 31, 2014
Today being the last day of the month, I want to use this mean to thank God for all He did for me this october... I had so many near misses while driving this month than any other month... As i look back the month, i get to see that it wasnt my driving skills that saved the day, but the Hand of God... Most times, its as a result of my carelessness, but all the same, i realy thank God for being there for me and my family...esp, my parent...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2014
I am back to the roads (in 2 and half hours time precisely)

Your prayers are always priceless.

Pray for me my brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:56am On Oct 31, 2014
God bless our dear Nigeria
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:59am On Oct 31, 2014
jnrbayano:

Pray for me my brethren.

He that lead you to, shall see that you arrive fro safely.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 31, 2014
Ubenedictus

What are your thoughts concerning the Church's teachings with regards to the number of Children a Catholic family should be open to?

I know the Church doesn't really state a number but it does frown at members who choose to have only one child.

A background info may help guide your answer...

A close friend is getting married tomorrow. The topic naturally was bothered around marriage and some of the Church's 'bitter teachings' as it regards this.

I was shocked when my friend (a young chap of no more than 33) suggested that he may go ahead and have close to 9 kids.

To say that I was shocked to hear this would be an understatement. In order not to catch his fever, I quickly told him that I want only one child. At most two!

Before I could seat back to feel cool about what I said he literally beat me silly with a number of quotes from the Popes concerning this matter. The dude almost took it personal.

I have also argued this with a female colleague (a member of Opus Dei) and she too was open to as many children as possible.

I felt those guys were not thinking straight. Considering that you are a clergy who seems to want to voice his thoughts vis-a-vis the teachings of the Church; what is your opinion?

I wouldn't want a text book answer.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 31, 2014
jnrbayano:

Pray for me my brethren.

Go in peace grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 31, 2014
Rich4god:
Today being the last day of the month, I want to use this mean to thank God for all He did for me this october... I had so many near misses while driving this month than any other month... As i look back the month, i get to see that it wasnt my driving skills that saved the day, but the Hand of God... Most times, its as a result of my carelessness, but all the same, i realy thank God for being there for me and my family...esp, my parent...

Good to know I am not the only Id*t on d road grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2014
striktlymi:

Good to know I am not the only Id*t on d road grin
lol... U r even dignifying me when you use that word on me... Cos am worse than that... In one of the "near-misses", i was literally looking at a passer-by when I nearly bash into another vehicle at high speed... U knw, hw stupid for me to do that...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2014
To my beloved country, Nigeria;

Eternal Father, thank you for this great nation of yours. From the East to West, North to South, you have endowed our land with more than enough resources to cater for generations yet unborn.
We ask you for mercy oh Lord on our land for the many evils committed, the killings and many others known to you alone. Heal our land and heal us also.
The general election is on us again and we humbly ask you to grant us a peaceful, free, fair and credible exercise to usher in good leadership. We ask for peace, stability and progress in our nation. May all those who wish or planning for crisis in this nation be disappointed.
In all, draw us closer and closer unto thee oh Lord that we may do your WILL always through Christ Jesus - Amen.

Long Live Fed Rep of Nigeria
God Bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:29am On Oct 31, 2014
Syncan:

He that lead you to, shall see that you arrive fro safely.

Thanks bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:31am On Oct 31, 2014
striktlymi:

Go in peace grin

I understand that grin cheesy

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 3:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
striktlymi:

I am not sure if I am alright. I believe I have a major issue. I am calm even when I face death head on. I feel that behaviour is not normal.

Anyways, the near-accident was a direct result of the actions of three idi*ts. Me, a cab driver and a tipper driver.

The first idi*t (me) saw the third idi*t (tipper driver), who happens to be driving beyond the speed limit, coming and felt I could easily cross the road since my car is obviously faster.

The first idi*t simply wanted to make what ordinarily would have been a routine cross to where he works. The road is one way and I come from the upside of town, hence the need to make the crossing before I get into the premises.

As the first idi*t was getting set to make his move, he did not notice the second idi*t (taxi driver) reversing on a one-way road, thus blocking the entry point of the first idiot.

The second idi*t was unfamiliar with the area and had gone past my place of work (his destination) by a bit before realizing it. I guess the second idi*t felt since the gate is not far of, he could simply back up and enter not minding that the first idi*t had already started his silly dash towards the gate.

The result was that the first idi*t was stuck in the middle of the road with just two options:

1) Continue the dash and get hit by both the second and third idi*ts, hence destroying both the front end and rear of my car; or
2) Stay in that deadly position (the middle of the road) and watch the over speeding third idi*t ram me from the side.

I went with option two because I wanted to avoid a multiple accident scenario.

All those analysis happened within 3 seconds. There was no way I could back up on time.

The fourth second, fifth second etc passed by and this first idi*t was very much alive and there was no accident. As the first idi*t approached the gate, the security guard said: "you are lucky".
praise be to God.!

Ka Chukwu si eme amaka!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
jnrbayano:
I have now arrived my destination as planned safely.

Thanks brethren for your kind prayers.

smiley
Its a to and fro journey bro; it would be glad to knw you have arrived Awka wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ikymon.

Nice name for eatery centre grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:32pm On Oct 31, 2014
woky:
Its a to and fro journey bro; it would be glad to knw you have arrived Awka wink

It was safe trip bro. Thank God.

Thanks for the call wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:23am On Nov 01, 2014
Rich4god:
lol... U r even dignifying me when you use that word on me... Cos am worse than that... In one of the "near-misses", i was literally looking at a passer-by when I nearly bash into another vehicle at high speed... U knw, hw stupid for me to do that...
Who lookest thou? Woman abi embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:25am On Nov 01, 2014
jnrbayano:

It was safe trip bro. Thank God.

Thanks for the call wink
To God be the glory
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Ubenedictus:

ok oh!

U try!

I don hear!

U no know me abi? No friend in the jungle.

lol sorry na.

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.