Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516263 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 6:13am On Mar 26, 2015
Gud a.m brothers nd sisters.pls we stil nid 50k 2 complete d money.One of d agents spoke to d landlord yesterday on our behalf dat if av gotten part of d money but d landlord refused.He said dey shouldn't collect it dat he wants d complete money.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 6:23am On Mar 26, 2015
So,he has given us til monday to payup wit much pleading.pls help me out wit d remaining 50k balance nd i promise to post d receipt for everyone to see here.pls help a sister pls even if its 5k it wil really go a long way.thanks nd May God bless u all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2015
i pray God touches ur heart to bless and save a family.thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 8:40am On Mar 26, 2015
brocab:
The ladies asking for a little support, and here's you claiming to be a servant of God, a Christian? Kicking her while she's down right in the teeth.
She's confused-everyone go's through this before getting themselves caught up in a long life marriage.
Support her, and help her make that right decision.
She's one of your tribe a Catholic.

Hello, please try and watch your utterances. You can't give what you don't have.Not everyone has the ability to do marriage related counseling.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 8:58am On Mar 26, 2015
brocab:
And hear's me, thinking maybe we could start again as you Catholic's do announce you are good Christians.

I Have come in' as a good Samaritan, and If you do belong to Christ as you say you do, you would forgive me, as I have forgiven you.
I Have come having the word of God-standing before me, when I am walking through the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
I have come to you, wearing my full armour, and I bring to you the truth about Christ.

So I ask my fellow Christians to turn from their sinful ways repent and ask for your forgiveness and come follow after Jesus Christ.

I don't care how strong you believe the Catholic Church stands, and you may believe its the Mother of all Churches.
Christ's sits at the right hand of God in the kingdom of heaven-not the Pope.

The Catholic Church as we all know it, the Church didn't come from the apostle Peter.
Pope Peter wasn't married, and the apostle Peter was.

But the Church started somewhere-and it's carries a lot of pagan beliefs-a religious back ground, purgatory is no-where found in the bible, and worshipping Mary, is not there either-just a lie for a price.

You either believe in Jesus Christ and His Words, or you believe in the Lies what your religious leaders are teaching you.

Your Priest and your Pope are leading you all to hell, they worship Lucifer-not Jesus, this news is spreading all over the net, we read it in news papers, news reports, on television, people everywhere around the globe are starting to see the truth about these wolves in sheep clothings, they are ripping us off from our salvation, they are forcing you to believe their lies, signs and wonders.
Pope Francis has denied Christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lrT57Sncxw

And Pope Benedict, said the Christian faith is false. https://youtu.be/4J9u5tlearMe

Think about why so many people are showing this on youtube, or else where, this is live entertainment, the difference is-this is about the corruption our Churches are leading us into, and those who are not seeking the truth about Christ are falling into that very same pit, our leaders are already in.

Wake up, and come follow after Christ-John 3:16, For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that who ever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Revelation 18:4 Come out of her my people.
The Lords telling His People to listen.
Heaven is a big place for us all-not just a small few.

Revelation 17:2-6, V's 4 describes the Catholic Church the Mother of all Churches, Popes wearing Purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup fall of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication.
The Pope fits this description.

Open your hearts and minds-check this stuff out for yourselves, read up, you can help save yourselves and those around you.

Everyday as we are seeking we are closer to the endtimes.
Jesus said the truth will set you free.

Young man, you don't win souls for Christ by being a religious bigot. What separates you from ISIS and Bokoharam is the use of weapon. You have been killing catholics with your tongue and your judgment is left to God. Religious bigotry, condemnation/castigation, proclaiming self-righteousness and the likes are not best ways to win souls for Christ.I owe no one any apology for being a catholic. If you have a problem with that, then deal with it,because its your problem not mine.
#ProudlyCatholic

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:16am On Mar 26, 2015
exxell:

How about we have nairaland Vincentians formed by Nairaland Catholics? Will that be bad?
Are you a Vincentian...? You know we cant do that just like that... We will have to go through the national body so that they can grant us an online conference...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:18am On Mar 26, 2015
Seun plz come... we have a derailer among us... kindly close his post...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:21am On Mar 26, 2015
Greetings brethren..

Its bin a while smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:36am On Mar 26, 2015
jnrbayano:
Striktlymi
Babestell
Damerry
Hurricanechris
woky
Jennydoris
Cocoberry

Please come and say hi smiley
Nwanne ke di way?? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:37am On Mar 26, 2015
Ubenedictus:

yay!!!

Woky is alive!
Yes he is!! cheesy

how u doing bro?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:40am On Mar 26, 2015
Syncan:

You sighteth well Adanne, Woky is here too.
Bro Syncan..

I greet u.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:45am On Mar 26, 2015
Kamsified:
And woky enters in grand style
Nwokeoma, we've missed you o
)))))))))))Hugs(((((((((((((

Cc: Salc behold Pa Woky wink
Awww.. Nwanyi oma, I missed u guys too

**in a low tune.. Pls gv me anoda hug; abi e don finish??** grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:59am On Mar 26, 2015
SalC:
Please has anyone seen woky recently?
Oya see Woky here.. cheesy

emmm.. I hear say INEC don turn u to 'male' as NL take turn u 4rm Sal C to SalC grin grin chai!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 11:04am On Mar 26, 2015
[quote author=Peppyluv post=31983763][/quote]Peppluv smiley

nwa teacher wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:16am On Mar 26, 2015
woky:
Nwanne ke di way?? smiley

Wow! It worked!!

Welcome amigo. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 26, 2015
bia nwokem,inwu mmanya ngwo

brocab:
The ladies asking for a little support, and here's you claiming to be a servant of God, a Christian? Kicking her while she's down right in the teeth.
She's confused-everyone go's through this before getting themselves caught up in a long life marriage.
Support her, and help her make that right decision.
She's one of your tribe a Catholic.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 26, 2015
smiley
woky:
Peppluv smiley

nwa teacher wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 11:33am On Mar 26, 2015
jnrbayano:

Wow! It worked!!

Welcome amigo. smiley
Lol

bros u use any magic grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by 3tees: 11:49am On Mar 26, 2015
@brocab pls let me tell u something I think its not clear to u.Am from CAC not catholic,So pls don't discourage these people from helping becos they are not responsible for my predicaments.I came here simply because d church I go to are not ready to help.We are not up to 60 in number and must of them are still hustling.Like what Mr italo said people are not ready to give free money to anyone even churches let alone of individuals and few people DAT az dis money,u av to lie before u could get anything from them not even everything but little,they detest truth.Av bin to several place to seek for help blogs,and even family members.Even in churches they will tell u av to b a member before they could help.its really really frustrating.I didn't just come here to seek for help,i came here because I knew nd had d faith I was going to get help because d catholics do preaches on helping the poor and they don't discriminate.it was even my husband that even told me these sometimes ago when he needed help.he tried different places even his close friends DAT he gives money when he has then didn't give him.it was during DAT time he met one man called Father and d man asked what was bothering him immediately d father quickly wrote a check of 100k and give him,he was so surprised.So ,when he got home and told me I was also surprised I said 100k just like that?So,he told me that is aw they do their things that they don't discriminate.He even said d father told him he was suppose to use d money to buy ticket and travel out and he had bin trying to book online a day to dat day its not goin,he said he now knows d reason why its not going thru dat Maybe God is trying to pass a message to him to use d money to bless someone because he kept wondering why its not going.And also it was also a catholic sister from uk DAT paid for my kids school fees dis last term.I was even surprised because I don't even know her from anywhere and av never seen her before.she even told me to tell her before they resume 4 third term so as to send another money for theirschoolfees but I told her no DAT I want to revive my business and start selling my stuffs back nd takecare of myself nd kids.So,she promised she will do something about it but I don't want to put my burden on her dats why I didn't disturb her wit calls and emails.So,@brocab what am trying to say here is that pls don't make them feel as if they are doing something wrong by not supporting me.I don't know these people from anywhere to even make d matter worse I registered here to seek for help which could piss anybody off even me.People that don't contribute are supporting me wit prayers which I really app a lot.thanks and May God b wit u all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:18pm On Mar 26, 2015
Rich4god's answer is somewhat sufficient. We cant just form "Nairaland Vincentians" and be operating in the name of the Society without authorization from the National Council.

However I think a sort of Nairaland Catholic Charity can be formed...though there would be many challenges to surmount:

E.g how do you raise funds to help people from all walks of life? How do you investigate cases from all over the country...or world?

Personally, I have been working on starting an NGO that will encourage Catholics everywhere to contribute in cash or in kind to help the needy. It will follow much of the model of Society of St Vincent de Paul and will even partner with it in areas like investigation etc...but it will not be held back by some of the draw backs that the society can have. For example, the NGO could easily have online presence on any platform...nairaland and/others.

I guess I shoul accelerate work on that.

exxell:

How about we have nairaland Vincentians formed by Nairaland Catholics? Will that be bad?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:24pm On Mar 26, 2015
3tees...would you mind giving your number?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2015
3tees:
@syncan,u asked me to b giving updates on how it goes.Av bin able to gather 95k nd we stil av 50k to complete d money sir.

Yes I did ask you to give update, am glad you obeyed, I have no doubt your testimony shall follow next.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
woky:
Bro Syncan..

I greet u.

Bro Nwokeoma I greet you too. Nnoo.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
3tees:
@brocab pls let me tell u something I think its not clear to u.Am from CAC not catholic,So pls don't discourage these people from helping becos they are not responsible for my predicaments.I came here simply because d church I go to are not ready to help.We are not up to 60 in number and must of them are still hustling.Like what Mr italo said people are not ready to give free money to anyone even churches let alone of individuals and few people DAT az dis money,u av to lie before u could get anything from them not even everything but little,they detest truth.Av bin to several place to seek for help blogs,and even family members.Even in churches they will tell u av to b a member before they could help.its really really frustrating.I didn't just come here to seek for help,i came here because I knew nd had d faith I was going to get help because d catholics do preaches on helping the poor and they don't discriminate.it was even my husband that even told me these sometimes ago when he needed help.he tried different places even his close friends DAT he gives money when he has then didn't give him.it was during DAT time he met one man called Father and d man asked what was bothering him immediately d father quickly wrote a check of 100k and give him,he was so surprised.So ,when he got home and told me I was also surprised I said 100k just like that?So,he told me that is aw they do their things that they don't discriminate.He even said d father told him he was suppose to use d money to buy ticket and travel out and he had bin trying to book online a day to dat day its not goin,he said he now knows d reason why its not going thru dat Maybe God is trying to pass a message to him to use d money to bless someone because he kept wondering why its not going.And also it was also a catholic sister from uk DAT paid for my kids school fees dis last term.I was even surprised because I don't even know her from anywhere and av never seen her before.she even told me to tell her before they resume 4 third term so as to send another money for theirschoolfees but I told her no DAT I want to revive my business and start selling my stuffs back nd takecare of myself nd kids.So,she promised she will do something about it but I don't want to put my burden on her dats why I didn't disturb her wit calls and emails.So,@brocab what am trying to say here is that pls don't make them feel as if they are doing something wrong by not supporting me.I don't know these people from anywhere to even make d matter worse I registered here to seek for help which could piss anybody off even me.People that don't contribute are supporting me wit prayers which I really app a lot.thanks and May God b wit u all.

The cab man seem to be concerned about a different matter from yours, but he deserves the lecture though. Nice testimony indeed, by their fruits you shall know them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 5:50am On Mar 27, 2015
Counselling is one thing-and being supportive is another, even in Counselling none can give the right decisions, it's up to the person's who's asking for help.
Being supportive towards the unfortunate, shows we all don't think on the same level, that's what makes us all unique.
justjify:

Hello, please try and watch your utterances. You can't give what you don't have.Not everyone has the ability to do marriage related counseling.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 6:01am On Mar 27, 2015
I have read your testimony and really I don't really understand where you are coming from?

Did I Quote you, and I do agree with Italo people aren't ready to give free monies away-because after they receive it from you and others, instead of helping your needs, they would rather spend it on other pleasures, such as cars. Aeroplanes, and mega houses.

We call it prosperity preaching, and it's the rich that rob the poor.
Don't ask for money, just save your money and feed your family and kids.

Seek the Kingdom of heaven read your bible and believe Jesus Christ is Lord.
If you are seeking how you and your family can come closer to the Lord just Quote me...

3tees:
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 6:26am On Mar 27, 2015
Explain why do I deserve the lecture?
Syncan:

The cab man seem to be concerned about a different matter from yours, but he deserves the lecture though. Nice testimony indeed, by their fruits you shall know them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 7:00am On Mar 27, 2015
Do you feel offended because I speak the truth, if your soul can't be won by the Lord-then that's all right-theirs plenty more out there where you come from cool, and theirs plenty of Catholic's around the globe..

All I'm trying to do is reach out to you-I was once a Roman Catholic, went to Church once every blue moon-I believed in nil, my Christian faith
was worth nothing.

I remembered nothing about the Lord, the light of this world-I only survived, the way I knew how too.

So deep down I was walking in no-man's land, If I had died, I would have ended up in Hell, what the Catholic's call purgatory.

Later I realize my riches wasn't enough-since then I have become a born again Christian, and after reading His word my riches I have, couldn't save me, if I had followed my Catholic belief's I would have paid off my purgatory 50 times over, and still end up in hell.

You can't buy your way into heaven, Heaven's a free gift, we live by faith, not by works...
Peter said: silver and gold I do not have, but what I have, I give you, in the name of Jesus rise up and walk.....

I had no idea about my salvation in the Lord, let alone where I will end up

And if you call yourself a Christian in Christ you would know what light I'm speaking off.

justjify:

Young man, you don't win souls for Christ by being a religious bigot. What separates you from ISIS and Bokoharam is the use of weapon. You have been killing catholics with your tongue and your judgment is left to God. Religious bigotry, condemnation/castigation, proclaiming self-righteousness and the likes are not best ways to win souls for Christ.I owe no one any apology for being a catholic. If you have a problem with that, then deal with it,because its your problem not mine.
#ProudlyCatholic
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:10am On Mar 27, 2015
I laf in Arabic... Seen the light indeed...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:12am On Mar 27, 2015
LENTEN MENU: Jer. 20:10-13, Jn 10:31-42. The encounter between Jesus and the Jews takes place at the Jewish feast of Dedication. Jesus proclaims that He is the One who has truly been consecrated by God. The Jews strongly object to Jesus' claim that He is the Son of God. Using the rabbinical practice of citing supporting scriptural passage, Jesus says that the judges of old were called "gods" and "the sons of the Most High" (Ps 82:6) for being the vehicles of the word of God. Jesus has a greater right to the title, "Son of God", because the Father Himself sends Him to bring us the message of salvation. We who have been made adoptive sons of God, has equal right of God's sons. Jesus who is consecrated by the Holy Spirit is indeed the Holy One of God. When Jesus made this claim, the Jews were ready to stone Him, but Jesus reminded them of His many good works. If it is difficult to believe that He is the Son of God only on His word; then it should be easier to believe in Him on the evidence of the works He has accomplished. Because their minds were closed to the truth, Jesus escaped to the side of Jordan where people believed in Him. Today, we are called to open our hearts and minds to Jesus' words and act accordingly. May the spoken words of our mouth and the mediation of our hearts win favour in God's sight! Amen!! Good morning and have a wonderful day!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 7:14am On Mar 27, 2015
Good morning all, thank God for his goodness to us.
Let us pray for @brocab that he opens his heart once again to the fullness of truth,may his visit to the 'Thread for Catholics' be one where he learns even more about our Lord Jesus and the church he established.We ask through Jesus Christ.Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:18am On Mar 27, 2015
@italo... For me, why I think its best we have the online charity under ssvp is cos of flexibility... I believe once started, we might be faced with cases where non of the online members are leaving close to... In this case, getting the contact of the closest conference to the location to help out with investigation won't be a problem since they already knw of our existence. More so, a case that we can't treat or handle due to finance or logistics can easily be handed over to a conference capable of handling such case. We can give it a trial as am sure contacting the national body won't be a problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.