Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (374) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516922 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chineloSA(f): 6:40am On May 22, 2015
Kamsified:
Dear chinelosa, Kizmarty and frodobee pls chose your special psalm

Cc: peppyluv02, btoks and Pa woky

I don't have a bible where I am, May you please choose one for me. smiley smiley smiley Anything about thankfullness and greatfullness.

Thanks in advance.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:29am On May 22, 2015
Kamsified:

psalm 118 for me and my fellows...and today's my last exam for the semester by 9am **thanking God for a successful exam and end of another school year**
smiley

may God bless you all as you offer prayers and thanksgiving on our behalf smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by chineloSA(f): 7:30am On May 22, 2015
Got hold of this on Facebook.

Saint of the Day- May 22
★SAINT RITA★
Patron of impossible cases

Birth: 1381
Death: 1457

St. Rita was born at Spoleto, Italy in 1381. At an early age, she begged her parents to allow her to enter a convent. Instead they arranged a marriage for her. Rita became a good wife and mother, but her husband was a man of violent temper. In anger he often mistreated his wife. He taught their children his own evil ways.

Rita tried to perform her duties faithfully and to pray and receive the sacraments frequently. After nearly twenty years of marriage, her husband was stabbed by an enemy but before he died, he repented because Rita prayed for him. Shortly afterwards, her two sons died, and Rita was alone in the world. Prayer, fasting, penances of many kinds, and good works filled her days. She was admitted to the convent of the Augustinian nuns at Cascia in Umbria, and began a life of perfect obedience and great charity.

Sister Rita had a great devotion to the Passion of Christ. "Please let me suffer like you, Divine Saviour," she said one day, and suddenly one of the thorns from the crucifix struck her on the forehead. It left a deep wound which did not heal and which caused her much suffering for the rest of her life. She died on May 22, 1457. She is the patroness of impossible cases. Her feast day is May 22.

SAINT RITA PRAY FOR US.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:48am On May 22, 2015
Novena day 13:

Today the 22d of May, we are praying
specially for ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee

Novena prayers

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we
approach in humility your throne, with
thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the
numerous mercies received from you, and
petition for the many needs that weigh heavily
on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially
that of ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee who we pray for today,
and of mine(you may add yours), through the
merits of the passion of your son, our Lord
Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary,
as we offer you this ten roses of hail mary, with
eyes filled with hope and fillial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys .

Psalm 138[
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before
the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and
will praise your name for your unfailing love and
your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your
solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly
emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you,
Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the
glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on
the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you
preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of
my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord,
endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special request..Psalms 118

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them. They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD. God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:50am On May 22, 2015
:

Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Omnipotent Father of Mercy and Grace
Thou art welcome in this place

Lord in Thy presence there's healing divine
No other power can save Lord, but Thine

Omnipotent Father of Mercy and Grace

Fill all the hungry and empty within
Restore us, oh Father revive us again

May the good Lord receive our praises and grant us many testimonies in our
lives. Amen.
May the Lord meet you at your points of need ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:02am On May 22, 2015
Morning all...
ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee... May the blessing of the risen Christ never depart from you and your families...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:05am On May 22, 2015
Most non catholics won't be feeling happy after reading today's gospel... Some will be trying so hard to twist the meaning of that passage...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:06am On May 22, 2015
Nickymezor.. Not a crime if you say hi...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nickymezor(f): 8:12am On May 22, 2015
Rich4god:
Nickymezor.. Not a crime if you say hi...
Forgive me jare....was lost in my own world...Hello everyone... may we all hv a blessed day
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:40am On May 22, 2015
ChineloSA Kizmarty and. Frodobee, May the Lord always be near to you, may your efforts always be fruitful, may the light of Christ shine on your paths to. Illuminate your ways, May the God perfect all that concerns you through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:42am On May 22, 2015
Rich4god:
Most non catholics won't be feeling happy after reading today's gospel... Some will be trying so hard to twist the meaning of that passage...
And it says...?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:58am On May 22, 2015
SalC:
And it says...?
just an extract..

After Jesus had shown himself to his disciples and eaten with them, he said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me more than these others do?’ He answered, ‘Yes Lord, you know I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed my lambs.’ A second time he said to him, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me?’ He replied, ‘Yes, Lord, you know I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Look after my sheep.’ Then he said to him a third time, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me?’ Peter was upset that he asked him the third time, ‘Do you love me?’ and said, ‘Lord, you know everything; you know I love you.’ Jesus said to him, ‘Feed my sheep.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 11:58am On May 22, 2015
May your days be bright and your paths successful.
May you,ChineloSA Kizmarty and. Frodobee, encounter favours in all you do.
And may the blessings of the Lord remain with you till the end of time.

Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by frodobee: 2:34pm On May 22, 2015
Syncan:
Novena day 13:

Today the 22d of May, we are praying
specially for ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee

Novena prayers

thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the
that of ChineloSA, Kizmarty and Frodobee who we pray for today,

10 Hail Marys .

Psalm 138[
will praise your name for your unfailing love and
emboldened me.
preserve my life.
endures forever—

Special request..Psalms 118

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: because his mercy endureth for ever. Let Israel now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let the house of Aaron now say, that his mercy endureth for ever. Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever. I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in princes. All nations compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD will I destroy them. They compassed me about; yea, they compassed me about: but in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them. Thou hast thrust sore at me that I might fall: but the LORD helped me. The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation. The voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacles of the righteous: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted: the right hand of the LORD doeth valiantly. I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD. The LORD hath chastened me sore: but he hath not given me over unto death. Open to me the gates of righteousness: I will go into them, and I will praise the LORD: This gate of the LORD, into which the righteous shall enter. I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORD's doing; it is marvellous in our eyes. This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity. Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD. God is the LORD, which hath shewed us light: bind the sacrifice with cords, even unto the horns of the altar. Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

We are so grateful for the community, for y'all that offered prayers for us today. I personally attended mass this morning offering it and others celebrated today worldwide for thanksgiving and supplication, praying God to meet you at points of your need in Jesus name, amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:57pm On May 22, 2015
chineloSA:

I don't have a bible where I am, May you please choose one for me. smiley smiley smiley Anything about thankfullness and greatfullness.

Thanks in advance.
You're welcome dearie wink
Psalm 118 is a great psalm. Nice pick by Kizmarty,pioneered by Francistony &Damerry

@d bolded
*in a whisper* hope they'll allow u download the bible app on your phone
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:06pm On May 22, 2015
Dearest Kizmarty, frodobee and chineloSA

As we pray for you today, may The Lord supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:08pm On May 22, 2015
Kizmarty:

psalm 118 for me and my fellows...and today's my last exam for the semester by 9am **thanking God for a successful exam and end of another school year**
smiley

may God bless you all as you offer prayers and thanksgiving on our behalf smiley

All the best in your exams sweerie
*waiting for the good news soon*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 6:12pm On May 22, 2015
Kamsified:

Hi all,psalm 121 for me please.For continued peace and happiness in marriage.
Enjoy your weekend
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 22, 2015
Rich4God,

may the good Lord grant your heart desires.

Amen!

Fredobee, Kizmarty and ChineloSA,

as we pray for you today, may all your wants, desires and wishes be granted through Christ our Lord.

Amen!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:28pm On May 22, 2015
Abeg hu hep me see aunty peppyluv02 sad

Lecture never finish

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:34pm On May 22, 2015
btoks:

Hi all,psalm 121 for me please.For continued peace and happiness in marriage.
Enjoy your weekend
Ok dearie. Noted and updated

Enjoy ur weekend too
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:50pm On May 22, 2015
Fredobee, Kizmarty and ChineloSA,

May our heavenly Father see you through all your material and spiritual needs and also the needs of the people who matter in your life.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 11:24pm On May 22, 2015
Jennydoris:
May your days be bright and your paths successful.
May you,ChineloSA Kizmarty and. Frodobee, encounter favours in all you do.
And may the blessings of the Lord remain with you till the end of time.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:44am On May 23, 2015
Kamsified:

All the best in your exams sweerie *waiting for the good news soon*

wow I'm overjoyed... my exams went well...I wouldn't have prayed for anything better ... thanks for the love smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:50am On May 23, 2015
wow
I'm short of words...I feel loved.
my exams went well...it was great.I've successfully completed my first school year...no troubles,thanks to God.

thanks to y'all and everyone that took time out to offer prayers for my brothers(
Fredobee and ChineloSA,) and me... may God in his infinite mercy meet all your needs through Jesus Christ our lord. smiley

Glooooooooory to Jesuuuuuuuuuus !

Aveeeeeeeeeee Mariaaaaaaaaah smiley
God bless you all

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 5:28am On May 23, 2015
Kizmarty:
wow
I'm short of words...I feel loved.
my exams went well...it was great.I've successfully completed my first school year...no troubles,thanks to God.

thanks to y'all and everyone that took time out to offer prayers for my brothers(
Fredobee and ChineloSA,) and me... may God in his infinite mercy meet all your needs through Jesus Christ our lord. smiley

Glooooooooory to Jesuuuuuuuuuus !

Aveeeeeeeeeee Mariaaaaaaaaah smiley
God bless you all

Congrats dear
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:34am On May 23, 2015
Novena day 14:

Today the 23rd of May, we are praying
specially for Peppyluv02

Novena prayers

thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for
the
that of Peppyluv02 who we pray for today,

10 Hail Marys .

Psalm 138

will praise your name for your unfailing love
and
emboldened me.
preserve my life.
endures forever—

Special request...Psalms 19:

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 5:50am On May 23, 2015
Peppyluv02,

Silver and Gold I have not, what I can pray for is all I have.

May God's grace never depart your life and also the lives of those who matter in your life.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:59am On May 23, 2015
Pentecost eve is here

:

Come, Thou Almighty King,
Help us Thy name to sing,
Help us to praise.
Father, all glorious,
O’er all victorious,
Come, and reign over us,
Ancient of Days.

Come, Thou incarnate Word,
and make your message heard,
Our prayer attend:
Come, and Thy people bless,
And give Thy word success;
Spirit of holiness,
On us descend.

Come, holy Comforter,
Thy sacred witness bear
In this glad hour:
Thou who Almighty art,
Now rule in every heart,
And ne’er from us depart,
Spirit of power.

To Thee, great One in Three,
Eternal praises be
Hence evermore.
Thy sov’reign majesty
May we in glory see,
And to eternity
Love and adore.

May the good Lord receive our praises and
grant us many testimonies in our
lives. Amen.

May the Lord meet you at your points of need
Peppyluv02

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead
to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:49am On May 23, 2015
:Dmy dear you won't understand.
Thanks to you,syncan,jnrbayano and everyone.
Amen...Amen...to your prayers.
Kamsified:
Abeg hu hep me see aunty peppyluv02 sad

Lecture never finish
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:51am On May 23, 2015
Peppyluv02

May God who never abandons or leaves his children in tying moments, come to you and direct your paths in life. Amen.

Good morning friends.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 11:03am On May 23, 2015
In your darkest days,
Your restless days,
In hopeless situation,
In time of fear and worry,
When friends and family deserts you..

Peppyluv02, just remember that God is still God.
He is always there to see you through in all that you do because He never sleeps nor slumbers....

Fear not for you are wonderfully made.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.