Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516888 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:19am On May 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:
Pls I have gat a quick question.

I just came out of a bit hostile discussion when d guy i was discussing with thinks, it is wrong for a male to address another male as "my dear" in informal discussion unless they are both gay.

So question, is anyone aware of any rule that probit the use of my dear in male to male discussion?

This is the first time i am hearing this, I use my dear pretty frequently in informal discussions. Infact my family has a familiarity with the address. I want to know if it has assumed any gay baggage.
Never even heard of it before now.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:21am On May 27, 2015
Syncan:
Kamsified and SalC, aka apukwala unu there. Na me una de wish that kind belle for abi? So much for the fruits of the Pentecost in you. Rich4god bro, yeah I see say you no follow. HurricaneChris if knowledge na by size of stomach...just thinking how Ubenedictus own go dey...ah! I no think again abeg. cheesy
I didn't wish you that o grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:27am On May 27, 2015
Jennydoris dear, May the almighty God bless and guide you, may the God of heaven answer you when you call, may he be your shield through Christ our Lord

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:27am On May 27, 2015
@Jennydoris
As we pray for today, may The Lord treat our prayers with mercy and favor. And may The Lord who knows all your heart desires supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
You shall not die but live to declare the goodness of The Lord in the land of the living. I ask these through Christ our Lord. Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:31am On May 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:

wicked! You dey carry spoon waka?

Remind me never to invite you to a meal.
I don't remember jnrbayano inviting me.
My brother's food is mine too cos my brother n I are one cool cool shocked shocked

Continues reading John 17:21
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:11pm On May 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:

I just came out of a bit hostile discussion when d guy i was discussing with thinks, it is wrong for a male to address another male as "my dear" in informal discussion unless they are both gay.

So question, is anyone aware of any rule that probit the use of my dear in male to male discussion?

This is the first time i am hearing this, I use my dear pretty frequently in informal discussions. Infact my family has a familiarity with the address. I want to know if it has assumed any gay baggage.

"My dear" means a valued person.

If he doesn't want to be "your dear" minus him from the people you use it for, simple.

Nothing wrong in using it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Maximus17(m): 12:58pm On May 27, 2015
Syncan:

Have you searched with google play? You may want check this out www.appbrain.com/app/catholic-hymnal/com.proj.nibbleit

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thecatholichymnbook.arnold&hl=en
thanks so much!! Well appreciated!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:34pm On May 27, 2015
Ubenedictus:

I've not heard this before however I'm not surprised.

I met a woman that just delivered her second child(boy). This lady had car filled with toys that she wanted to give to anyone that wants them. I'm not talking about small small toys ;the type they managed to buy for Ubenedictus in 1968, nah not those ones. I mean very expensive toys like pianos, baby laptops, all sorts.

Kamsy: Aww congratulations on ur new born
Neighbor(pointing at a car full of nice toys ): Thanks. I'm trying to clean up and I'm giving these away
Kamsy(thinking chai I wish I can hijack these o and sell give to Salc cheesy) : Really? These r beautiful and expensive toys! Why? Didn't u just have another baby?
Neighbor: Yea I had a boy.
Kamsy(looking at her lost): I don't understand
Neighbor: these are girls toys, they're pink pink
Kamsy: shocked

The conversation left me kinda confused. On baby toys too?
On a good day Wetin concern small pikin with gay pink n no pink. In 1969 when Syncan was born, colors didn't matter much

Nlers will say end time things. Hence I expect more of these wierd conversations embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:42pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

I've not heard this before however I'm not surprised.

I met a woman that just delivered her second child(boy). This lady had car filled with toys that she wanted to give to anyone that wants them. I'm not talking about small small toys ;the type they managed to buy for Ubenedictus in 1968, nah not those ones. I mean very expensive toys like pianos, baby laptops, all sorts.

Kamsy: Aww congratulations on ur new born
Neighbor(pointing at a car full of nice toys ): Thanks. I'm trying to clean up and I'm giving these away
Kamsy(thinking chai I wish I can hijack these o and sell give to Salc cheesy) : Really? These r beautiful and expensive toys! Why? Didn't u just have another baby?
Neighbor: Yea I had a boy.
Kamsy(looking at her lost): I don't understand
Neighbor: these are girls toys, they're pink pink
Kamsy: shocked

The conversation left me kinda confused. On baby toys too?
On a good day Wetin concern small pikin with pink n no pink. In 1969 when Syncan was born, colors didn't matter much

Nlers will say end time things
Lol see finishing cheesy give me toys? shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:43pm On May 27, 2015
SalC:
Lol see finishing cheesy give me toys? shocked

No be u de born pikin every year cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:51pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

No be u de born pikin every year cheesy
When God said we should go into the world and multiply, he wasn't joking cool

Btw am not a toy lover and certainly very selective about those especially the types Syncan and Ubenedictus used while growing up. tongue I mean those baby-like toys with flashy eyes as if they got possessed last night cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:04pm On May 27, 2015
SalC:
When God said we should go into the world and multiply, he wasn't joking cool

Btw am not a toy lover and certainly very selective about those especially the types Syncan and Ubenedictus used while growing up. tongue I mean those baby-like toys with flashy eyes as if they got possessed last night cheesy
Nah these ones are very scientific humongous toys like real piano, laptops, cashiers POS among others. The only issue is the color.smh

Please o don't Let Uben n Syncan catch u first with those their 1970 willy willy toys undecided

Now bring your ear close* when God says 'be fruitful n multiply' no be only you they give that instruction na. So why only u go de multiply everything embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:07pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

Nah these ones are very scientific humongous toys like real piano, laptops, cashiers POS among others. The only issue is the color[
POS ke... The baby don dey carry ATM card....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:12pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

Nah these ones are very scientific humongous toys like real piano, laptops, cashiers POS among others. The only issue is the color.smh

Please o don't Let Uben n Syncan catch u first with those their 1970 willy willy toys undecided

Now bring your ear close* when God says 'be fruitful n multiply' no be only you they give that instruction na. So why only u go de multiply everything embarassed
Better though. Lol @ willy willy toys grin

Abeg joor, who told you so? All I know is am obeying God's instruction.

In a world where these "modern couples" want to give birth to just 2 children, how then can we multiply?

If every couple keep giving birth to just 2 children, we will either diminish or remain stagnant and I don't want that! tongue cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:14pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:
grin grin grin igbo man and money cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:22pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:

Na so we see am. This is just one example.And it actually opens n closes like it's real. Smh

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:31pm On May 27, 2015
SalC:
Better though. Lol @ willy willy toys grin

Abeg joor, who told you so? All I know is am obeying God's instruction.

In a world where these "modern couples" want to give birth to just 2 children, how then can we multiply?

If every couple keep giving birth to just 2 children, we will either diminish or remain stagnant and I don't want that! tongue cheesy

In other words Other couples have refused to have many kids hence na only you waka come cry
Last I checked u had 13 and still counting embarassed

@Rich4god I thought ur mumsy is a doctor undecided
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:34pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

In other words Other couples have refused to have many kids hence na only you waka come cry

she changes profession quite often...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2015
SalC:
grin grin grin igbo man and money cheesy cheesy cheesy
lolz... Wetin dem dey use pos do... Cooking?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:37pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

Last I checked u had 13 and still counting embarassed

Why only me no go waka come when others seem to be defying God.?

Ah this one no be doctor matter o, I know of a doctor with 5 wives and over 20 children, and oh he's igbo
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:37pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

Na so we see am. This is just one example.And it actually opens n closes like it's real. Smh
we don't use this type of toy over here... What we use is chaka chaka....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:40pm On May 27, 2015
SalC:

Ah this one no be doctor matter o, I know of a doctor with 5 wives and over 20 children, and oh he's igbo
you mean native doctor...? Why won't they have plenty children... The more the children, the more the probability of getting one that will replace him...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:43pm On May 27, 2015
SalC:

I see. No wonder they say 'Show me your friends.......

U go fear mentor na cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:43pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:
we don't use this type of toy over here... What we use is chaka chaka....
Lwkm here

I'm sure Syncan n Uben can relate to that
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:45pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:
lolz... Wetin dem dey use pos do... Cooking?
lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:47pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:
you mean native doctor...? Why won't they have plenty children... The more the children, the more the probability of getting one that will replace him...
Native doctor ke?
I mean a well trained medical doctor who even owns his own hospital
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:48pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:

Thanks dear. That explains a lot cheesy
From now on, when I hear doctor, I'll remember to ask 'which type?'

Native doctors exists too embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:49pm On May 27, 2015
Kamsified:

I see. No wonder they say 'Show me your friends.......

U go fear mentor na cheesy
Mentor ke? Who is mentoring who?

Btw the man will be a learner when am done grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:51pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god:
Lol you go fear nah
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 4:03pm On May 27, 2015
Rich4god, I pray may God's mercy and goodness never depart from you all the days of your life through christ our Lord.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:15pm On May 27, 2015
Fembleez1:

Rich4god, I pray may God's mercy and goodness never depart from you all the days of your life through christ our Lord.

Amen.
Amen and tnks a lot.... But today's novena is for jennydoris...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pamcrest(f): 4:16pm On May 27, 2015
Syncan:
From Today's Gospel. Jn. 15:18-21

"Jesus said to his disciples: “If the world hates you, realize that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, the world would love its own; but because you do not belong to the world, and I have chosen you out of the world, the world hates you...."

Does the world still hate our generation of Christians? Though I will not generalize, but the world is at home with the kind of Christianity majority of Christians practice. Peppyluv02,Christianity has been made fashionable to the world by blending with the world's dictate. Ajerry, tell me why the world will have a problem with the Christianity that turned you into a money bag with private jets at your disposal. fembleez1, Why will the world hate my style of worship when it's same like being in a worldly club? Why will the world hate your dressing, when it's just same with the reigning worldly fashion without care for modesty. Why will the world hate my companionship Pavore9, when I join in discussing debauchery and all forms of immoral escapades without care. Goldienana, how will the world hate our business partnership, when we won't blink to cheat and make money?

I often tell myself that if faced by ISIS and asked to denounce Christianity; that I will stand firm, but Amuchejane; do you know that each time I look at how I tell lies at the slightest provocation, indeed how I hid my Identity at the smallest attack on my faith...yeah even in a faceless forum like NL....Nneka123; how I shrink and coward off when someone criticize our practice, emmabest2000, how easily I give consideration to things that will lead to my denial of my faith...Ezenwa11 each time I think of these things, I wonder if I'll have the grace to withstand ISIS. I have indeed compromised my faith in lesser temptation. However I am willing to strive to perfection. Pamcrest,I am reading the lives of the saints. babestell,I discuss holy things with the brethren(especially here), woky, I talk to God in prayer. Missonas,I join my brethren in group prayers...like the novena starting here tomorrow. Rose2014, I seek the prayers of my beloved brethren (14th May is my day), that the grace of God may lift me up. Misscongeniality, I take recourse to the blessed Virgin, whose help has seen sinners turn to saints, and I face each day determined to show the world that I am for Christ.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

Note: If you've not picked a date please do, Mine is 14th May and the psalm I chose is Psalm 16. God bless you all.

So where is this leading to.......

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.