Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (513457 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
SalC:
When did you stop believing in miracles? cheesy

grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2015
SalC:
Ermm am not sure
Ok na cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:50pm On Jul 24, 2015
woky:
of course!! Na for ur nose I go hear am ni?? cheesy
Oya woky you no fine tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2015
darknez:

grin
Good evening to you, to your family and your whole village cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2015
SalC:
Oya woky you no fine tongue
You think say I go cry ni?? undecided Ur eyes no see clear pass people wey dy call me Wokeoma. Some dy even call me Nwoke-fine.. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2015
woky:
You think say I go cry ni?? undecided Ur eyes no see clear pass people wey dy call me Wokeoma. Some dy even call me Nwoke-fine.. cheesy
Don't mind those people joor, you and I know we worwor cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:12pm On Jul 24, 2015
SalC:
hehehehe.. Lets wait for Jnrbayano and Rich4God to come and clear the air, at least they have seen me Live! cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
woky:
hehehehe.. Lets wait for Jnrbayano and Rich4God to come and clear the air, at least they have seen me Live! cheesy
The one I saw you, was it "replay"?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:54am On Jul 25, 2015
SalC:

Unless you use the expression "worwor" to describe something/somebody that is handsome/beautiful.

smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2015
jnrbayano:

Unless you use the expression "worwor" to describe something/somebody that is handsome/beautiful.

smiley
No, worwor means ugly.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:27am On Jul 25, 2015
Good morning brethren, a splendid day and lovely weekend to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2015
SalC:
The one I saw you, was it "replay"?
Could it be that Salc is now a liar
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:59am On Jul 25, 2015
woky:
Could it be that Salc is now a liar
Could it be that woky is now forgetful? shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:00am On Jul 25, 2015
Syncan:
Good morning brethren, a splendid day and lovely weekend to all.
Good morning bro, where are you running to?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2015
SalC:
Good morning bro, where are you running to?

Uhm..running to finish the race...2Tim.4:7

You nko, why do you ask?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:33am On Jul 26, 2015
Syncan:

Uhm..running to finish the race...2Tim.4:7

You nko, why do you ask?
I really don't know, just that the post sounded like one made by someone on the run.

Good to know you are running to finish the race, may the joy of the Lord always be strength. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:38am On Jul 26, 2015
Anytime you want to talk, and you lack words that promote love..,..say nothing!

Good morning brethren and do have a lovely day ahead.smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 3:36am On Jul 28, 2015
Morning allll
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:32am On Jul 28, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:
Morning allll
Good morning.
A splendid day to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2015
SalC:
I really don't know, just that the post sounded like one made by someone on the run.

Good to know you are running to finish the race, may the joy of the Lord always be strength. smiley

Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:
Morning allll
You are so very welcomed, hope to see more of you around here, remain greatly blessed dear.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:18am On Jul 30, 2015
Your peace of mind depends on how much you can forgive and forget

Good morning brethren and do have a lovely day ahead smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:01am On Jul 30, 2015
SalC:
Your peace of mind depends on how much you can forgive and forget

Good morning brethren and do have a lovely day ahead smiley

True talk SalC.

Good morning, a splendid day ahead to the brethren.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:35am On Jul 31, 2015
Bro Syncan, I catch you today, hope you don't run away! grin

Good morning

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:39am On Jul 31, 2015
Loss of temper is love-poison. Avoid it!

Good morning brethren and do have a fulfilled day ahead smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:09am On Jul 31, 2015
Today's First reading 1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1

"Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of God. Never do anything offensive to anyone – to Jews or Greeks or to the Church of God; just as I try to be helpful to everyone at all times, not anxious for my own advantage but for the advantage of everybody else, so that they may be saved. Take me for your model, as I take Christ".

"Take me for your model, as I take Christ".... O God! What a statement...I feel so ashamed. I just tried now to see if I could boldly say the same to others...ah...I fell short, for the full picture of my unworthiness is quite vivid before me. Blessed are you brethren if you could say the same to others about yourself. Yes, maybe at one time or the other, cooperating with grace, we actually display Christlike qualities. We are however required to be Christlike in all things and at all times...be perfect as your holy father is perfect....Matt.5:48. Being Christlike is something that is lacking in the modern "Christianity" as bandied about in our world presently. We are presently too selfish, too worldly, too materialistic, ego and pride filled, too vindictive, to be Christlike. A lot of lessons could be learn by simply looking at these two individuals: One took over the leadership of his country by force, the other captured the heart of the world gently. One became so rich that it was claimed he became richer than his country, the other became a begger and shared with the poor the little she gets.They were both Catholics, they both lived in the same age, they died in the same month of the same year. The story of Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire and Mother Theresa of Calcutta. At their death, the following were extracts about their burial.

Mobutu Sese Seko- "The former dictator of Zaire, Mobutu Sese Seko, who died of prostate cancer on Sept. 7, was buried today in a private ceremony attended only by members of his family in the European cemetery here. A funeral service planned for St. Peter's Cathedral in the city center did not take place because Moroccan authorities, without giving any explanation, removed security from around the building..."

Mother Theresa- "The three hour state funeral, which was characterized by multi-lingual and multi-religious rites, was held in Calcutta's Netaji Indoor Stadium. Dignitaries from more than 50 nations attended the Roman Catholic funeral mass, presided over by Vatican Secretary of State Angelo Sodano, the personal representative of Pope John Paul II".

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:11am On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
Bro Syncan, I catch you today, hope you don't run away! grin

Good morning

Sorry I was typing then, didn't see your mention. Yaya jiki?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:39am On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

Sorry I was typing then, didn't see your mention. Yaya jiki?
Jiki lafia. Hope your night was cool?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:
Today's First reading 1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1

"Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of God. Never do anything offensive to anyone – to Jews or Greeks or to the Church of God; just as I try to be helpful to everyone at all times, not anxious for my own advantage but for the advantage of everybody else, so that they may be saved. Take me for your model, as I take Christ".

"Take me for your model, as I take Christ".... O God! What a statement...I feel so ashamed. I just tried now to see if I could boldly say the same to others...ah...I fell short, for the full picture of my unworthiness is quite vivid before me. Blessed are you brethren if you could say the same to others about yourself. Yes, maybe at one time or the other, cooperating with grace, we actually display Christlike qualities. We are however required to be Christlike in all things and at all times...be perfect as your holy father is perfect....Matt.5:48. Being Christlike is something that is lacking in the modern "Christianity" as bandied about in our world presently. We are presently too selfish, too worldly, too materialistic, ego and pride filled, too vindictive, to be Christlike. A lot of lessons could be learn by simply looking at these two individuals: One took over the leadership of his country by force, the other captured the heart of the world gently. One became so rich that it was claimed he became richer than his country, the other became a begger and shared with the poor the little she gets.They were both Catholics, they both lived in the same age, they died in the same month of the same year. The story of Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire and Mother Theresa of Calcutta. At their death, the following were extracts about their burial.

Mobutu Sese Seko- "The former dictator of Zaire, Mobutu Sese Seko, who died of prostate cancer on Sept. 7, was buried today in a private ceremony attended only by members of his family in the European cemetery here. A funeral service planned for St. Peter's Cathedral in the city center did not take place because Moroccan authorities, without giving any explanation, removed security from around the building..."

Mother Theresa- "The three hour state funeral, which was characterized by multi-lingual and multi-religious rites, was held in Calcutta's Netaji Indoor Stadium. Dignitaries from more than 50 nations attended the Roman Catholic funeral mass, presided over by Vatican Secretary of State Angelo Sodano, the personal representative of Pope John Paul II".

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
I am more selfish than Christ-like embarassed may God help me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:14am On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
Jiki lafia. Hope your night was cool?

Yes dear, na tashi lafia.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 12:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
Loss of temper is love-poison. Avoid it!

Good morning brethren and do have a fulfilled day ahead smiley

Please, throw more light on the bold.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2015
jnrbayano:

Please, throw more light on the bold.
Well that's quite simple

No matter the strength of love you have for someone or someone has for you, try as much as you can to avoid losing you temper when dealing with him because just a moment of loss of temper is enough for you to do a drastic thing capable of jeopardising that love (poisoning the love) for life, or at least you will have to put in more effort than normal trying to build the love up to what it used to be.

So Jnrbayano, avoid loss of temper tongue cheesy

Or should I throw fire on it too? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.