Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516878 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2015
Syncan:

God is your strength. You've been missed.
Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Kamsified:

Just when I though Syncan was the next best thing after Indomie-instant-noodle, now this cry

Chai, indomie better than syncan...this is like proving Jesus wrong by suggesting that martha chose the better one and not mary Lk10:40-42

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
Rich4god:
lol.... But if you come judge my zing, wetin i go come do you...

Well...you could tell me "thank you" then I will say " don't mention". grin.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Aizenosa:

Mummy it's self explanatory nah
Anyway I used to dislike Catholicism b4 but now I know better

A change man
Thank God for your life

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2015
Syncan:

Thanks dearie, I think he was high on his zing's soup.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
Syncan:

Well...you could tell me "thank you" then I will say " don't mention". grin.
lol....

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
Syncan:

Thanks dearie, I think he was high on his zing's soup.
If am not high on my zing's soup, whose own will I be... Salc's?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
Syncan:

Chai, indomie better than syncan...this is like proving Jesus wrong by suggesting that martha chose the better one and not mary Lk10:40-42
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
Missed you all too.
Syncan:

Yeah, and you've been missed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:36am On Aug 19, 2015
Syncan:

Sorry na
U know Lying is not encouraged either cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by PriceOfGarri(m): 3:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
chai!! I've missed everyone here. sad sad sad

feels good to be back though cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pavore9: 7:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
Praise be to Jesus. Please l would be most grateful if anyone can help me with a digital copy of Pre-marriage course manual of any Parish within Nigeria, l am presently outside Nigeria thus my request for an e-copy.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
"As for me and my family, we'll serve the living God".

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2015
Good morning brethren smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jamp: 6:25pm On Aug 28, 2015
my brethren i need somebody to download this movie on youtube

SANTA MARIA GORETTI (1890-1902), ASESINADA POR DEFENDER SU VIRGINIDAD
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jamp: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2015
Pavore9:
Praise be to Jesus. Please l would be most grateful if anyone can help me with a digital copy of Pre-marriage course manual of any Parish within Nigeria, l am presently outside Nigeria thus my request for an e-copy.

please lets assist chairman
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:54am On Aug 30, 2015
Ubenedictus, Syncan, Italo, pls your help is needed here^^^^
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:48am On Aug 30, 2015
Pavore9:

I will enquire in Church today.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Pavore9: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2015
italo:

I will enquire in Church today.

Thank you, l will be looking forward to your feedback.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:22am On Sep 01, 2015
I saw this on fb and thought to share. It kinda explains our relationship with God and life after death.

In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:33am On Sep 01, 2015
Kamsified:
I saw this on fb and thought to share. It kinda explains our relationship with God and life after death.

In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.

Yeah someone once posted this on the Christian Chat Thread and bellow was a post I made in reply

Umm on a different note, reading this piece reminds me of the book "when sorrow comes, let not your heart be troubled" by Norman Vincent Peale.

There is a limit to what we know and this limitation is the reason why most times we prefer to stay where we are instead of venturing into the unknown. We feel too comfortable on this part that we believe here is the best, there could be no better place.

We almost believe it starts and ends here.

The case of these babies, especially the first who believes life starts and ends where they are and there's no life outside the womb is a classic example. Little did he know that there is a world he is yet to explore, a world in which if he ever gets born into it; will never prefer to go back to were he used to be (the womb) and won't even want to leave. (Die)

Oh it's not just me ....I know it...even you  yes you.

Even though the thought of living eternally with God in heaven is most desirable to me, I sometimes get scared.....yeah am scared of dying. I can't imagine what it will be like dying and leaving behind the people I love so much, the world I've become adapted to, a world where I can move around, eat, log onto Nairaland and chat with Kamsified, Jennydoris, Vest, debbie,btoks, HurricaneChris Titoetal and co. How can I die leaving behind Mariagorretti, Aizenosa, Syncan, Italo, Ubenedictus FrancisTony, babestell, bluerange and co. Seriously even if there is a life outside here, how can I be sure I will still recognise Jnrbayano, darknez, Rich4God. Woky, damerry, and co when we meet again over there. So I will just die and eat no more; my favourite food and fruits.? I won't even have to call home and say hi to mum? So I will have to leave behind my comfort here and everything I know and cherish to a place where I don't know what am really gonna be doing save those I was told even by people who like me they are yet to go there?

The questions are endless and there seems to be no convincing answers, am only meant to have faith that if I leave this world, am going to a better place.

Such is our fear of the "unknown" and most times we believe it's better to be here and not leave here to any other place no matter how better they try to convince us.

But yes it is possible that when we get there, we will pray NEVER to return here. We will even wish we got there earlier. We will realise that all we cherish here is NOTHING compared to the joy of being part of where we finally found ourselves. ....We will be like...Heck why didn't we die earlier!!!

In all, never say never, and never be afraid to have a glimpse of that which lies ahead...."Things can only get better"...

If we had our ways, we wouldn't have tried coming out of the womb, because we used to be comfortable there in those days. Now that we are here, we don't wish to go back to our mothers' womb because here is fun and we have improved individually. When we leave here, we are going to a better place where we will prefer not to come back here for the best lies ahead.

Chai too much ranting 
Good morning lovely brothers and sisters  and do have a blessed day ahead smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 01, 2015
Happy new month ALL.

Debbie
Damerry - my twin brother in Christ. I miss your Maria thread, come back. tongue
Syncan
Ubenedictus - Our Uncle
SalC - Our mother
Rich4God
Jnrbayano
Kamsified
Titoetal
Jennydoris
Btoks
Vest
HurricaneChris
MariaGorreti
Aizenosa
Babestell
Bluerange - ever boisterous reverend Sister.
Italo - the atheist slayer.

No vex if I omitted ya' name. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:49am On Sep 01, 2015
@Salc Nnem you've said it all
Each time we're greeted with a near death experience, we invite our neighbors n friends to come n rejoice that we're still alive lol
yet we're the first to talk about how beautiful heaven will look like. We say things like the 'the biggest testimony/blessing is being alive'

Then again I think we say that because we believe there's no repentance after death. If we die n miss heaven(God forbid), the consequence is unimaginable.
Also, there are lots of controversies out there on the criteria for making heaven. For example, the oyakhilomes teach that once u believe that Christ died n rose etc, you're done. You're going to make heaven no matter what. And I'm like so if u kill after that you'll make heaven? And I'm told ' u won't kill because of the grace in u, you now live above sin' . Super confusing for me.

Some other pastors will tell u that it depends on the last thing u're caught doing when the trumpet sounds.
At I get confused at to Which of the trumpets are we talking about here: Does it mean when Kamsified is called personally to die or when the whole world will be called at once?
Some give us the impression that those who have died have not been judged yet cos they're all waiting for one judgement day like that when they will all rise and join the living to be judged. So u mean there're people that have bn waiting for 1000 to be judged? While some believe that people are judged right away(in which case we're talking about individual trumpets)
Some Christians even believe that a merciful God shouldn't send his children to hell in the first place.

I believe the devil created these controversies to make caricature of 'life after death'
Imagine among two Christians that believe in death n resurrection of Christ, one believes the other is heading straight to hell because he didn't belong to a particular church with a particular doctrine.

Finally I'm scared of dying because of sin. Most times when I remember my near death experiences, it seemed like i wouldn't have made heaven and that alone is enough to make me pray for longest life.

I pray that God will give us the grace to serve him in truth n in spirit so that whichever be the case, none of us will miss heaven. Amen

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:51am On Sep 01, 2015
Happy new month to you all....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 3:20pm On Sep 01, 2015
happy new mnth everyone
Re: A Thread For Catholics by zikmarty: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2015
salc smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 1:37pm On Sep 02, 2015
Finally i am back.....i missed you all embarassed embarassed
FrancisTony:
Happy new month ALL.

Debbie
Damerry - my twin brother in Christ. I miss your Maria thread, come back. tongue
Syncan
Ubenedictus - Our Uncle
SalC - Our mother
Rich4God
Jnrbayano
Kamsified
Titoetal
Jennydoris
Btoks
Vest
HurricaneChris
MariaGorreti
Aizenosa
Babestell
Bluerange - ever boisterous reverend Sister.
Italo - the atheist slayer.

No vex if I omitted ya' name. embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
I greet you all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 3:22pm On Sep 02, 2015
debbie:
Aunty Debbie your dp make plenty sense.cheesy

Howdy??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2015
debbie:
Nice to have ya' back.

How are your kids? cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2015
I am good and fine. Just assume you are eating it. Meanwhile kedu?
woky:
Aunty Debbie your dp make plenty sense.cheesy

Howdy??
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2015
Thanks my brother. The kids are fine
FrancisTony:

Nice to have ya' back.

How are your kids? cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.