Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516281 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:16pm On Nov 01, 2015
FrancisTony:
Happy birthday Kamsified.
Thanks love
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2015
Kamsified:

Thanks love

Yes o lunch is served
uhaffkilledme.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2015
Happy all souls day....

Today, I pray for two of my close uncle that died this year...
For my cousin brother, Ebuka, who was killed by police some years back...
For my sister's husband...
Praying for my former class mate that died in one of the bomb blast in Jos...
Praying for Smart, my best friend in camp, who died during his nysc...
Praying for Jude and Felicia....

And lastly, for the souls of all the faithful departed... That God will welcome them all into the light of His presence...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 02, 2015
May the souls of all aborted babies and the souls of boko haram victims rest in perfect peace. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Agimor(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2015
Happy feast day!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:32am On Nov 02, 2015
deracathy:
May the souls of all aborted babies and the souls of boko haram victims rest in perfect peace. Amen.

Amen....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Stephansmily(f): 9:55am On Nov 02, 2015
Merciful Father,
hear our prayer
and console us.
As we renew
our faith in Your Son,
whom You raised from the dead,
strengthen our hope
that all our departed brothers and sisters
will share in His resurrection,
who lives and reigns
with You and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen. Eternal rest grant unto them oh Lord, and let thy perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls rest in peace, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nickymezor(f): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2015
Rich4god:
Happy all souls day....

And lastly, for the souls of all the faithful departed... That God will welcome them all into the light of His presence...

Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nickymezor(f): 1:32pm On Nov 02, 2015
May the souls of my mummy, my friend Nkechi n other faithful departed rest in perfect peace. Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nickymezor:
May the souls of my mummy, my friend Nkechi n other faithful departed rest in perfect peace. Amen
Amen.
Rich4god:
Happy all souls day....
Amen

For Chidimma, Emmanuel, Paul, Donatus, Esther, my patients who died in the Lord.... May you rest in perfect peace. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 5:38pm On Nov 02, 2015
Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 9:29am On Nov 05, 2015
I throway greetings. Have a blessed day.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2015
btoks:
I throway greetings. Have a blessed day.
Greetings to you too bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:53am On Nov 08, 2015
Happy Sunday brothers and sisters... We are now in 32nd Sunday of the ordinary time... In two Sundays now, we will be in a new year...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Too quiet, where is everyone?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2015
SalC:
Too quiet, where is everyone?
We are waiting for you to throw the owambe...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:26am On Nov 13, 2015
From the readings of today, we learn not to make gods of things/people that God created. Many of us do not worship stones/trees/rivers etc like the people of old that the first reading is referring to...but in many ways, we are no better than those who did so. For when you sleep with a boyfriend/fiance in order to keep him happy, you're are putting that man in the position of the God who gave you the man in the first place. When you lie/cheat to gain money/possessions, you're worshipping money in place of God. When you know you've hurt your brother, but you refuse to swallow your pride and apologize/reconcile, you're worshipping your self/ego. When you're never late for a football game/movie/work etc and you always focus 100% on these...but you always have an excuse to be late for mass (if you attend at all), and your don't focus your attention on the mass but other things...you're worshiping the world instead of God who created the world and can do all things. Let us ponder and act on these things so that when Jesus comes knocking on the door of our consciences, or at the end of our lives, he may find us ready to be with him...and not attached to earthly things which we don't want to leave behind (as in the gospel reading). Focus on God! Good morning people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 11:03am On Nov 15, 2015
Happy Sunday all.God bless

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:13am On Nov 15, 2015
New year loading...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Happy sunday brethren smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 12:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Good News Bible 1 Peter 3:18-21, 4:5-7 please I need clarification or understanding am confused
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
Aizenosa:
Good News Bible 1 Peter 3:18-21, 4:5-7 please I need clarification or understanding am confused

Bro, do you mind going a bit further to state what you need clarification on, or do i say what is your question on the passages?

Good day brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
Syncan:

Bro, do you mind going a bit further to state what you need clarification on, or do i say what is your question on the passages?

Good day brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

I had always thought that the strongest clarification of purgatory was in the book of Macabees until I really looked at this two passages of Peter.

I have always asked the question why do protestants have a problem with Catholicism, I have been able to ascertain all except purgatory until I saw this two passages.

So I needed more clarification please.

Thanks and wishing you all a wonderful week.

Peace
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2015
Aizenosa:

I had always thought that the strongest clarification of purgatory was in the book of Macabees until I really looked at this two passages of Peter.

I have always asked the question why do protestants have a problem with Catholicism, I have been able to ascertain all except purgatory until I saw this two passages.

So I needed more clarification please.

Thanks and wishing you all a wonderful week.

Peace

From those passages, it is clear that Jesus went to a place where the inhabitants are people who once lived on earth. It is clear that this place was neither the hell of the damned, nor was it heaven. Where then is this place, since it exists? He went to a place described as prison, where part of the inhabitants are some of those who died during the flood. (These are not the only inhabitants, but it seems because he wants to draw a comparison of the ark and baptism, he had to mention these people). Here Jesus preached to them, my guess is that they repented...ehm... so does that mean there is repentance in the grave after all abeg SalC wetin you think.

Again bro, if we look at 1cor3:13-17, you'll also see st. Paul talking about Judgement and what happens after:

In vs 14, he talks about those who will receive their rewards. The reward after judgement is heaven no doubt.

In vs 15, he talks about those whose works burn, but who will be saved yet so as by fire. These set of people will be saved, it means they will enter heaven, but they have to be purified/purged, as if they have been passed through fire. Why is this necessary? It is necessary because "nothing unclean shall enter it" Rev.21:27. Where will this be done, when you're to be saved and not condemned to hell of the damned, and will not be allowed into heaven yet? What is the name of this place or this condition where one is being purified/purged in preparation for heaven?

In vs 17, he talks about those who God will destroy. We know that God destruction happens in hell: "... but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell". Matt10:28. This is the place for those who left this world having committed "sins that lead to death" 1John 5:16-17

So within this passages, the apostles touched on all the possible outcomes from the individual judgement that awaits everyone at death.

There are several passages to support that there is a state/place of purification such as by fire, where atonement is possible, which is neither heaven nor hell of destruction, where the fire is one of Purgation and not destruction.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:43am On Nov 19, 2015
The year of mercy loading.... Pope Francis have declared 2016 liturgical year as the year of mercy... Will start from 29/11/2015....

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:46am On Nov 22, 2015
Syncan:

From those passages, it is clear that Jesus went to a place where the inhabitants are people who once lived on earth. It is clear that this place was neither the hell of the damned, nor was it heaven. Where then is this place, since it exists? He went to a place described as prison, where part of the inhabitants are some of those who died during the flood. (These are not the only inhabitants, but it seems because he wants to draw a comparison of the ark and baptism, he had to mention these people). Here Jesus preached to them, my guess is that they repented...ehm... so does that mean there is repentance in the grave after all abeg SalC wetin you think.

Again bro, if we look at 1cor3:13-17, you'll also see st. Paul talking about Judgement and what happens after:

In vs 14, he talks about those who will receive their rewards. The reward after judgement is heaven no doubt.

In vs 15, he talks about those whose works burn, but who will be saved yet so as by fire. These set of people will be saved, it means they will enter heaven, but they have to be purified/purged, as if they have been passed through fire. Why is this necessary? It is necessary because "nothing unclean shall enter it" Rev.21:27. Where will this be done, when you're to be saved and not condemned to hell of the damned, and will not be allowed into heaven yet? What is the name of this place or this condition where one is being purified/purged in preparation for heaven?

In vs 17, he talks about those who God will destroy. We know that God destruction happens in hell: "... but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell". Matt10:28. This is the place for those who left this world having committed "sins that lead to death" 1John 5:16-17

So within this passages, the apostles touched on all the possible outcomes from the individual judgement that awaits everyone at death.

There are several passages to support that there is a state/place of purification such as by fire, where atonement is possible, which is neither heaven nor hell of destruction, where the fire is one of Purgation and not destruction.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Sorry I was off for few days, but you have made the clarification good enough.
Good morning brethren and happy Christ the King celebration. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:51am On Nov 22, 2015
Looking for a procession to join cheesy

Happy Sunday people....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2015
Feast of Christ the King of universe. smiley
The year has actually ended.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by PriceOfGarri(m): 11:00am On Nov 27, 2015
hurricaneChris:
Feast of Christ the King of universe. smiley

The year has actually ended.

boss I see your drawings are causing traffic.
fantastic designs you've got there. Though you're banned. tongue grin grin

Brothers check out this 3D drawings by hurricanechris
#DopeArchitect

https://www.nairaland.com/2764177/3d-views-some-2015-designs
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2015
At times, we may feel we do nothing worthwhile, or, even feel we go backwards. But these pessimistic impressions originate in calculations, which are extremely human, or in the bad image some media malevolently likes to give us. The hidden reality that makes no noise, is this constant work we are doing together, impelled by the force of the Saint Spirit....Fr.Albert Taule i Vinas, reflecting on today's Gospel. Lk21:29-33

Just don't give up, Cheer up, hold the forth, aye, for the dawn is near.

Greetings brethren, hope you all are in good stead.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.