Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516648 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by stunningjudy(f): 9:22pm On May 08, 2016
Beloved family, kindly pray for the repose of the soul of my sister, Uche Perpetua Uwakwe who passed on last night. Happy married life, italo .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:38pm On May 08, 2016
stunningjudy:
Beloved family, kindly pray for the repose of the soul of my sister, Uche Perpetua Uwakwe who passed on last night. Happy married life, italo .
embarassed Last nyt?.... cry May her soul rest in peace...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:31am On May 09, 2016
May our prayers for you FrancisTony find favour before our God. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:34am On May 09, 2016
stunningjudy:

Eternal rest grant her O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace, Amen. Take heart Sis.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:04am On May 09, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 9

Today, the 9th day of May, we're praying for jnrbayano.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of jnrbayano who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the angels I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special Psalm: Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by rejosom(m): 10:06am On May 09, 2016
Syncan:
May our prayers for you FrancisTony find favour before our God. Amen.
Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:23pm On May 09, 2016
May our prayers for you today Jnrbayano, find favour before our God. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:34pm On May 09, 2016
stunningjudy:
My oh my sorry Nnem for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how u're feeling right now but dearie pls find comfort in Christ Jesus.

May her soul find rest at the bossom of The Lord
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:35pm On May 09, 2016
Syncan:
Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:31am On May 10, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 10

Today, the 10th day of May, we're praying for btoks.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of btoks who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the angels I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.

The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by stunningjudy(f): 7:35am On May 10, 2016
Kamsified:

My oh my sorry Nnem for your loss. I can't begin to imagine how u're feeling right now but dearie pls find comfort in Christ Jesus.

May her soul find rest at the bossom of The Lord
Thanks....Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 12:55pm On May 10, 2016
Kamsified:
Daily novena prayer. Day 10

Today, the 10th day of May, we're praying for btoks.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of btoks who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2016
Syncan:

And amen. Thanks bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2016
stunningjudy:

Take heart dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Empredboy(m): 5:46pm On May 10, 2016
Syncan:

Beloved, it's been a while. You may pick your date and join us in the prayers.

God bless you.
plz i pick 21th for break through in my business and forgiveness of sin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by joey150(m): 7:29pm On May 10, 2016
nice thread here.
please if you have doubts/questions about the catholic teaching on purgatory.. join the conversation here and clear your doubts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3095931/purgatory-real

month of may..month of Mary. ave Maria!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:42am On May 11, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 11

Today, the 11th day of May, we're praying for stunningjudy. That God will give her and her family the fortitude to bear the loss.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Stunningjudy who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:43am On May 11, 2016
Empredboy:
plz i pick 21th for break through in my business and forgiveness of sin

Noted bro. Will update shortly
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:10am On May 11, 2016
May our prayers for you btoks, find favour before our God. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Empredboy(m): 7:01am On May 11, 2016
Kamsified:

Noted bro. Will update shortly
ok bro thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:55am On May 11, 2016
joey150:
nice thread here.
please if you have doubts/questions about the catholic teaching on purgatory.. join the conversation here and clear your doubts.

https://www.nairaland.com/3095931/purgatory-real

month of may..month of Mary. ave Maria!!

Welcome to the house bro. Pls feel free to post here anytime. You may want to pick a date we'll pray with you for our novena. I'll post update on the available dates soon.
Welcome once again
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:04am On May 11, 2016
Good and beautiful morning brethren. Here is the updated schedule

Job seekers May 2nd
Rich4god May 3th for a successful interview
Aizenosa May 4th
dadebayo1. May 5th for success of his students writing exams
Kamsified. May 6th
Italo. May 7th for a happy married life
Francistony. May 8th. For exam success
Jnrbayano. May 9th. Thanksgiving
Btoks. May 10th
Stunningjudy. May 11th
Syncan May 12th
Equalizer. May 15th
Nickymezor. May 20th
Empredboy May 21st
Children May 27th

For those that haven't picked a date yet, the Available dates are

13th
14th
16th
17th
18th
19th
22nd
23rd
24th
25th
26th
28th
29th
30th
and 31st

And if there's any special psalm you want us to pray for u with, pls feel free to indicate.

God bless us all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 12:52pm On May 11, 2016
I want to chose 22nd may. I am praying for a good job n financial assistance. I finished school over five years ago n still can't stand on my own. I have d faith that through your prayers God will help me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:38pm On May 11, 2016
Accept my sympathy dear. Take heart.
stunningjudy:
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 11, 2016
Kamsified dear, I pick 13th....I pray for peace in my life and life of everyone. And that a dear friend and one who is part of my family,whom I have really offended,forgives me.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 11, 2016
For those whose date have passed and I didn't comment,and other dates ahead, my thoughts and payers are with you all. Remain blessed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:55am On May 12, 2016
peppyluv02:
Kamsified dear, I pick 13th....I pray for peace in my life and life of everyone. And that a dear friend and one who is part of my family,whom I have really offended,forgives me.

Noted sweetheart

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:55am On May 12, 2016
lacum:
I want to chose 22nd may. I am praying for a good job n financial assistance. I finished school over five years ago n still can't stand on my own. I have d faith that through your prayers God will help me.
Noted. Will update soon
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:59am On May 12, 2016
Good and beautiful morning brethren. Here is the updated schedule

Job seekers May 2nd
Rich4god May 3th for a successful interview
Aizenosa May 4th
dadebayo1. May 5th for success of his students writing exams
Kamsified. May 6th
Italo. May 7th for a happy married life
Francistony. May 8th. For exam success
Jnrbayano. May 9th. Thanksgiving
Btoks. May 10th
Stunningjudy. May 11th
Syncan May 12th
Peppyluv02. May 13th for peace
Equalizer. May 15th
Nickymezor. May 20th
Empredboy May 21st
Lacum. May 22nd. Job breakthrough
Children May 27th

For those that haven't picked a date yet, the Available dates are

14th
16th
17th
18th
19th
23rd
24th
25th
26th
28th
29th
30th
and 31st

And if there's any special psalm you want us to pray for u with, pls feel free to indicate.

God bless us all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:01am On May 12, 2016
Daily novena prayer. Day 12

Today, the 12th day of May, we're praying for Syncan.

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and petition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Syncan who we pray for today and of mine(you may add yours) through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail Mary, with eyes filled with hope and filial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138

The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:27am On May 12, 2016
May our prayers said for you stunningjudy; find favour before our God. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by chikk(f): 4:30pm On May 12, 2016
stunningjudy:

May the soul of your sister and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, find favour and rest in peace, amen.

Take heart sis, it is well with your family

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.