Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:43 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (460) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (513363 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2016
Syncan:

No worry yourself for where we dey, I am so sure that SalC knows that "If therefore the son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed" John8:36. Continue de accuse the brethren.
Why i go worry abt u and salc?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2016
Syncan:

E concern you?
yes na, she is my sister in d lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2017
Mzflexydeeva:
uromi. Obu ovio
okhuo uromi, wow! owe sena, elo ma de wo s'ukpe n'osogbon, ose gi egbe dan ma rebhe.
kpeloge odo e.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:29pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year to all the peeps in da house.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
Merry New Year brethren, blissful season greeting to you all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by sandrahnaub(f): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2017
Glory to jesus

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Agimor(m): 7:53am On Jan 06, 2017
sandrahnaub:
Glory to jesus
Honour to Mary.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 3:35pm On Jan 06, 2017
sandrahnaub:
Glory to jesus
Honor to mary

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ubenedictus:
okhuo uromi, wow! owe sena, elo ma de wo s'ukpe n'osogbon, ose gi egbe dan ma rebhe.
kpeloge odo e.

This pass me like 100times
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2017
jnrbayano:

This pass me like 100times
Lol, no fear, na just happy new year e even simple, if i say owe sena u go say sena owe.

sumtin like happy feast...same 2 u.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
Ubenedictus:
Lol, no fear, na just happy new year e even simple, if i say owe sena u go say sena owe.

sumtin like happy feast...same 2 u.

I'm learning. Thanks dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Efisko1(m): 8:05am On Jan 11, 2017
Catholic frndsss pls help me pray the Rosary for dey intention of a successful 2017 semester ahead as i go into level 400 in civil engr embarassed.scul is too hard.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 4:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Dear friends, am currently stayingbin lagos with my aunty who is a catholic with the husband but my problem is that she dont believe most of the catholic teachings. she said that we are going against the clear teachings of the bible when we pray b4 a stature(refering to the legion promise). she also saw me this morning putting on a scapular and said, oh u wear scapular so dat what will happen then. she does not kiss the cross during lent and d worst is that almost all her children hv changed church even those not upto 18 yrs. they go to diffrent churches. what will i do
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:32pm On Jan 23, 2017
lacum:
Dear friends, am currently stayingbin lagos with my aunty who is a catholic with the husband but my problem is that she dont believe most of the catholic teachings. she said that we are going against the clear teachings of the bible when we pray b4 a stature(refering to the legion promise). she also saw me this morning putting on a scapular and said, oh u wear scapular so dat what will happen then. she does not kiss the cross during lent and d worst is that almost all her children hv changed church even those not upto 18 yrs. they go to diffrent churches. what will i do

Be the example by your lifestyle, read more about your faith; so you'll be able to defend your practice and educate her and anyone else politely. Pray and be firm. Her children not being Catholics anymore says it all.

A splendid day to you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by lacum: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2017
thank you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
lacum:
thank you

You're welcome.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:36am On Feb 01, 2017
Today is 1st February.....

Somehow it kept ringing in my head that i have a wish to make. smiley

And then i remembered it's the birthday of a rare gem, one whose strength in weakness has been the inspiration of many of us in and outside this thread.

You teach, you preach, you admonish, you encourage, and you live the word for us to emulate.

I can go on and on.....but phew let me restrain myself and make a wish though i still can't find a wish good enough to convey that which i desire for you.

May the Lord always find pleasure in blessing you in a very unique way.
May the Lord treat everything about you with utmost grace and concern.
No matter the level of the storm in the world, i wish you peace and calm.
You will wake up each day beholding a new blessing and a reason to be greatful to God continuously.
You shall grow from strength to strength in spirit and the knowledge and fear of God.
And yes God will continue to put his words in your mouth that you may speak to draw mankind closer to him.

I wish you the very best in life.

[size=30]HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYNCAN AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!![/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2017
Happy new month brethren, wishing you all the best smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:45am On Feb 01, 2017
Kamsified..... Where art thou?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 11:10am On Feb 01, 2017
Happy new month brothers.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
SalC:
Today is 1st February.....

Somehow it kept ringing in my head that i have a wish to make. smiley

And then i remembered it's the birthday of a rare gem, one whose strength in weakness has been the inspiration of many of us in and outside this thread.

You teach, you preach, you admonish, you encourage, and you live the word for us to emulate.

I can go on and on.....but phew let me restrain myself and make a wish though i still can't find a wish good enough to convey that which i desire for you.

May the Lord always find pleasure in blessing you in a very unique way.
May the Lord treat everything about you with utmost grace and concern.
No matter the level of the storm in the world, i wish you peace and calm.
You will wake up each day beholding a new blessing and a reason to be greatful to God continuously.
You shall grow from strength to strength in spirit and the knowledge and fear of God.
And yes God will continue to put his words in your mouth that you may speak to draw mankind closer to him.

I wish you the very best in life.

[size=30]HAPPY BIRTHDAY SYNCAN AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!![/size]

O SalC, grace upon grace shall you receive. May your lines fall for you in pleasant places, amen. I am humbled.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:06am On Feb 02, 2017
hbd syncan, i thought you fell from heaven, its gud to know u were born.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 10:29am On Feb 02, 2017
Syncan:

O SalC, grace upon grace shall you receive. May your lines fall for you in pleasant places, amen. I am humbled.

Happy belated birthday bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
Can someone who is not a Catholic go to confession in the Catholic Church?

Cc Syncan, Ubenedictus, Jnrbayano and co
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:
You have this affinity for trouble making wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:51pm On Feb 02, 2017
SalC:

CC: Jnrbayano and co

Non-Catholic but a Christian with a valid baptism can go to the confessional with a catholic priest if he/she demonstrates a positive disposition for the sacrament of Penance and also ready to have faith in it (as ordained by Jesus Christ) to bring about the absolution of the sin he/she will confess.

Non-Catholic but not a christian is not qualified for the confession, however, he qualifies for a baptism. Baptism open the door for other sacraments.

This is my opinion.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ubenedictus:

Na wa, now he thinks am Lucifer(Lk 10:18, Is 14:12) ...What will I not hear from Ubenedictus. Thanks for the birthday wish anyway, God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2017
jnrbayano:

Happy belated birthday bro

Thanks bro, good wishes are never late.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2017
SalC:

Cc Syncan, Ubenedictus, Jnrbayano and co

Nne it's a tough one to be possible, if one scale the hurdle of a valid baptism, what about schism or heresy that makes you a non-catholic, what will happen to that one?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
jnrbayano:

Non-Catholic but a Christian with a valid baptism can go to the confessional with a catholic priest if he/she demonstrates a positive disposition for the sacrament of Penance and also ready to have faith in it (as ordained by Jesus Christ) to bring about the absolution of the sin he/she will confess.

Non-Catholic but not a christian is not qualified for the confession, however, he qualifies for a baptism. Baptism open the door for other sacraments.

This is my opinion.

To fulfill that your number one in reality, you just have to be a Catholic.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2017
SalC:
You have this affinity for trouble making wink

It flows like blood through him cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.