Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (516672 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:20am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:
Today's responsorial

R.Blessed are all who wait for the Lord (see Isaiah 30:18d)

Brethren, just a passing thought...while in "Abraham's bossom " , (Lk. 16:19...) did Lazarus have regrets for the many years he suffered on earth, did he feel let down by God for not mitigating his plight on earth till he died? Am i going to feel bad in heaven if i didn't get something i am asking God for now ?

The answer lies within us.

Good morning brethren , a splendid day ahead to all.

Am almost sure Lazarus won't even remember his suffering on earth let alone regret.
Do have a joyous day ahead too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Congrats. The gift is sent

May only the best things come your way Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2017
marksooyinmiebi I sight you, good morning and happy advent to you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:
Today Fada Kristimas focuses on sacraments .

What are sacraments and name the two divisions An airtime of 1k awaits whoever gives the most correct answer.

1- Sacraments are outward signs of inward grace, ordained by Jesus Christ, By which grace is given to our souls.

2- They are divided into three divisons, namely;

*The sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist)
*The sacraments of healing (Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick)
*The sacraments serving the Church and the mission of the faithful (Holy Orders, Matrimony)

#runsAway
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:
marksooyinmiebi I sight you, good morning and happy advent to you.

Same to you brother!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

Same to you brother!
*faints*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:27am On Dec 09, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

1- Sacraments are outward signs of inward grace, ordained by Jesus Christ, By which grace is given to our souls.

*The sacraments serving the Church and the mission of the faithful (Holy Orders, Matrimony)

#runsAway
Name the two divisions was the question and you answered that they are divided into three.

Una no go kii me for here grin grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2017
Rich4god:
Haba mumsy... grin
For more than 5 hrs no one answered and yesterday was almost over nah, so I had to answered.

I have more than enough people to send airtime to tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:

Name the two divisions was the question and you answered that they are divided into three.

Una no go kii me for here grin grin

Loll, Na watin I know I talk o.

Make una teach me well. Loll

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:34am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:

Am almost sure Lazarus won't even remember his suffering on earth let alone regret.
Do have a joyous day ahead too.

Hmm...then why do I feel so desperate about something on earth, when all that is important is to be in good terms with God. Why is waiting so difficult in a life that has an end?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:38am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:
Today Fada Kristimas focuses on sacraments .

What are sacraments and name the two divisions An airtime of 1k awaits whoever gives the most correct answer.

Sacraments are outward signs of inward grace, ordained by Jesus Christ, by which grace is given to our souls.

The two divisions of the sacraments are ....
1)The sacrament of the living....Confirmation, Holy Eucharist, Anointing of the sick, Holy Orders and matrimony.

2) The sacrament of the dead......baptism and penance

Sorry I did my catechism in Igbo language, so I only tried to translate to English, don't laugh too much if it sounds funny smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:40am On Dec 09, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

#runsAway

Congrats marksooyinmiebi, you just won an airtime of #500 from fada Kristimas for getting half of the answer, which is the first part. Send number and network please
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:43am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:

Sacraments are outward signs of inward grace, ordained by Jesus Christ, by which grace is given to our souls.

The two divisions of the sacraments are ....
1)The sacrament of the living....Confirmation, Holy Eucharist, Anointing of the sick, Holy Orders and matrimony.

2) The sacrament of the dead......baptism and penance

Sorry I did my catechism in Igbo language, so I only tried to translate to English, don't laugh too much if it sounds funny smiley

Spot on
Congrats SalC, you just won an airtime of #500 from fada Kristimas, for completing the answer. Send number and network please
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Spot on
Congrats SalC, you just won an airtime of #500 from fada Kristimas, for completing the answer. Send number and network please

Airtel
God bless Fada Kristimas
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:50am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Spot on

Aww thank God.

So for clarity sake, is this the same way it is being taught in English catechism?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Congrats marksooyinmiebi, you just won an airtime of #500 from fada Kristimas for getting half of the answer, which is the first part. Send number and network please

Wow... thanks!

MTN
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:

Aww thank God.

So for clarity sake, is this the same way it is being taught in English catechism?

The Church teaching is same, however, because the catechism curriculum in English in our parishes makes use of this highly summarized (red cover) CCD book, most teachings as you received in Igbo language catechism are lost. It now rests on the shoulders of the teachers to expound further.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2017
marksooyinmiebi:

Wow... thanks!

MTN

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:

Airtel
God bless Fada Kristimas

Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Thanks! I really appreciate this.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2017
SalC:
Rich4God oya come answer kweshion.
it's not abt answering the questions...

Just how u always get d answers.

Abi u dey teach for university of Vatican.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:59am On Dec 09, 2017
Who go dey for Abuja for Christmas... Need someone to host me. tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 10:01am On Dec 09, 2017
Rich4god:

Ehyaa... am leaving Abuja for home.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:59pm On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Thanks so much.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:04pm On Dec 09, 2017
Rich4god:
it's not abt answering the questions...

Just how u always get d answers.

Abi u dey teach for university of Vatican.

Who dash me that kain position. Lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:05pm On Dec 09, 2017
Rich4god:

Instead of going to villa you are running to abuja right?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 6:27pm On Dec 09, 2017
Syncan:

Congrats SalC, you just won an airtime of 1k from fada Kristimas. Send number and network please .
salC just dey shine

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by FloraEC(f): 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2017
Good evening, please I've a question. Going by what is happening in Nigeria now(kidnapping, child molestation e.t.c), do parents still allow their children to go for Saturday's morning mass, block Rosary crusade and visitation, block Rosary, Sunday benediction, catcheism classes, Christmas carols e.t.c even join church leagues like Vincent D' Paul, Infant Jesus, Marian movement e.t.c? If they still do, by what time do they start and dismiss, how do they do it?
I've an altar in my house and I always teach them how to say the Rosary but the block Rosary in my area is in the church street and is kinda far from my house and I'm scared of letting them out.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2017
babestell:
Good Afternoon all.

I used to be a member here. grin grin grin

So Italo lost his dad a few months ago don't know if anyone posted it here.

All has been well with me. Even though i must confess I have been lukewarm in the practice of my faith. Its become mechanical so to say. Yes I go morning mass, regular confession but that deep burning desire to love God is gone, plus i dont pray or read my bible or say my rosary as often. i think that makes me officially a sinner.

My mechanic who i liked so much died on 4th of November and i didn't find out till 30th. so much for liked so much. My junior brother has been struggling at school and i have blocked him. But if i die now there will always be that regret so i better unblock him.

Also since i am still unmarried, and 35 is almost here, i have decided to get pregnant. its so funny that there are many candidates who want to help you get preggy but don't want to marry you. Because the process of getting preggy is a sin, i guess i am going to be spiritually lukewarm for another year.

So yeah....now you cant say you dont know whats up in babestell's life

you ARE a member here.

...eternal rest grant unto them O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon them...
we have to do more here to remember ourselves.

I almost commented on the updates you shared above but it seems God is telling me "shut up uben, you have no idea. she is my child, my beloved and I myself will lead her."
that is how I know you'll be alright and decisions and circumstances will work in your favour.

be at peace.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by easymancfc(m): 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2017
Hello.. I just say make I show una say I dey here too..I'm not as popular or known here but I dey here oh..
Happy Advent to us all.. And may the Lord find us sober and ready when he comes..

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by easymancfc(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2017
babestell:
Good Afternoon all.

I used to be a member here. grin grin grin

So Italo lost his dad a few months ago don't know if anyone posted it here.

All has been well with me. Even though i must confess I have been lukewarm in the practice of my faith. Its become mechanical so to say. Yes I go morning mass, regular confession but that deep burning desire to love God is gone, plus i dont pray or read my bible or say my rosary as often. i think that makes me officially a sinner.

My mechanic who i liked so much died on 4th of November and i didn't find out till 30th. so much for liked so much. My junior brother has been struggling at school and i have blocked him. But if i die now there will always be that regret so i better unblock him.

Also since i am still unmarried, and 35 is almost here, i have decided to get pregnant. its so funny that there are many candidates who want to help you get preggy but don't want to marry you. Because the process of getting preggy is a sin, i guess i am going to be spiritually lukewarm for another year.

So yeah....now you cant say you dont know whats up in babestell's life
Hello dear sister in Christ..
I don't really have much to say.. But I want to encourage you..... being lukewarm is not good.. If I remember my catechism correctly.. its a sin against love... na joke oh..
Talking about love.. I think you need to spend some alone time with Jesus in the blessed sacrament and pour out your heart to him.. tell him to help you love him more.. Once you love him more.. then that lukewarmness will go.. and it will inflame you with hope and faith... Remember love is the greatest (1 cor 13:13)..

like syncan has said, Don't sin against God or defile yourself to get a child, You can adopt if you want a child, I know its not easy, but like My Mentor Fr George Ehusani will say.. True happiness comes from God not from the presence of a spouse or the lack of it.. even married people get their joy from God.. So tell God to satisfy you... Like the prayer goes.. Jesus I love you.. all I have is thine.. yours I am and yours I want to be.. do with me what ever you will..

And please settle with your brother oh..
and may the soul Italo's and of your mechanic rest in peace.. Do pray for the repose of his soul..
God bless.. and I said I didn't have much to say...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by easymancfc(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2017
I just saw on a post in the thread that italo lost his Dad, I have been wondering why he has not been active for a while, My condolence to him and his family, and may the soul of his Father and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace..
That being said.. I think there should be a way we can better keep in touch or be aware of what is happening with one another.. Nairaland is rather privative, maybe a more accessible platform might make outreach easier..
my thoughts..

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.