Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,441 members, 7,781,289 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:49 AM

«««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» - Nairaland / General (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» (85830 Views)

Barcanista Blackmail Ii: Friends And "Friends", Patriotism And "Malooism", / "Val and Tracey's lounge " / SIN Lounge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Look carefully tho, cuz jabata boys are scattered all over offa....if possible ask for their position on types of bidah....
Alright, will ensure that.
Surprised though that they are much in Offa. Unless they're in hibernation mode cus I've not really come across any. Then again, it's not actually that easy to determine unless you converse with them deeply.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 27, 2017
AideeSheks:

Alright, will ensure that.
Surprised though that they are much in Offa. Unless they're in hibernation mode cus I've not really come across any. Then again, it's not actually that easy to determine unless you converse with them deeply.

Yea, you don't know them easily, the easiest way to catch them is asking about their position on types of bidah, once he says it does not have types, just end the discussion immediately and flee, lest your heart might accept their argument.....this was what ibn sireen rahimahullaah did to some innovators of his time...
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 6:16pm On Jun 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Yea, you don't know them easily, the easiest way to catch them is asking about their position on types of bidah, once he says it does not have types, just end the discussion immediately and flee, lest your heart might accept their argument.....this was what ibn sireen rahimahullaah did to some innovators of his time...
Okay
Jazakallahu khairan
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 10:47am On Jul 05, 2017
So I got thinking.....

Names in which any word such as al-Deen (the Religion) is added are considered makrooh by majority of scholars. Examples of such names are Noor al-Deen/Nuruddin (Light of the Religion), Diya’ al-Deen/Ziauddin (Brightness of the Religion) etc. My name happens to fall in this category. Perhaps that's why understanding its meaning took me a lot of time. These names actually started out as titles given to people and then later generations began to adopt them as real names.

Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him), didn't like being called by his nickname "Muhiy al-Deen". Likewise, Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) used to dislike being called by his nickname "Taqiy al-Deen" but he said, “But my family gave me this nickname, so I am known by it.”

I realised I could actually decide to change my name to a more preferable one (with the consent of my parents). Don't know how easy that might turn out to be. Then again, some scholars still kept these names irrespective. Shaykh Al-Albani (Rahimahullah) still kept his name of "Nasirudeen" despite knowing all this. Likewise Dr. Sharofdeen Raji.

Just pondering......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 05, 2017
AideeSheks:
So I got thinking.....

Names in which any word such as al-Deen (the Religion) is added are considered makrooh by majority of scholars. Examples of such names are Noor al-Deen/Nuruddin (Light of the Religion), Diya’ al-Deen/Ziauddin (Brightness of the Religion) etc. My name happens to fall in this category. Perhaps that's why understanding its meaning took me a lot of time. These names actually started out as titles given to people and then later generations began to adopt them as real names.

Imaam al-Nawawi (may Allaah have mercy on him), didn't like being called by his nickname "Muhiy al-Deen". Likewise, Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) used to dislike being called by his nickname "Taqiy al-Deen" but he said, “But my family gave me this nickname, so I am known by it.”

I realised I could actually decide to change my name to a more preferable one (with the consent of my parents). Don't know how easy that might turn out to be. Then again, some scholars still kept these names irrespective. Shaykh Al-Albani (Rahimahullah) still kept his name of "Nasirudeen" despite knowing all this. Likewise Dr. Sharofdeen Raji.

Just pondering......

You can still keep your name...... I also have one....
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 7:40pm On Dec 31, 2017
So I tested out the virgin coconut oil for my beards. O make sense naa
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 01, 2018
Oh make sense naa or gaan, make up your mind, which one
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 8:48am On Jan 01, 2018
AbdelKabir:
Oh make sense naa or gaan, make up your mind, which one
Actually, O make sense gan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by iamgenius(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2018
AideeSheks:
So I tested out the virgin coconut oil for my beards.
O make sense naa
Bro, does it make it grow faster?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2018
iamgenius:
Bro, does it make it grow faster?
I have absolutely no idea!
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
Asalam alaykum brother AbdelKabir. Bawo ni camp?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
AideeSheks:
Asalam alaykum brother AbdelKabir.
Bawo ni camp?

Alhamdulillaah.....went to parade jus once and stopped going cuz of the pants females wear....was made the imam of our set for Muslims, so with.that privilege, I'm.always in the mosque....
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 8:52pm On Jan 24, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Alhamdulillaah.....went to parade jus once and stopped going cuz of the pants females wear....was made the imam of our set for Muslims, so with.that privilege, I'm.always in the mosque....
Ma shaa Allah..
Really happy to hear that. May Allah grant you steadfastness and may your stay there be highly beneficial.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:25am On Jan 29, 2018
AbdelKabir:

May Allaah keep paving the way for you!
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AbuMikey(m): 9:38am On Jan 29, 2018
shocked
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

May Allaah keep paving the way for you!

Ameen
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 02, 2018
Salaam alaykum @hidhrhis, I can't view your mail, send it here instead Ibrahim.kabir@yahoo.com
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by hidhrhis(m): 11:01am On Feb 02, 2018
AbdelKabir:
Salaam alaykum @hidhrhis, I can't view your mail, send it here instead Ibrahim.kabir@yahoo.com
tycoonidris@gmail.com
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 05, 2018
AideeSheks:

As-salaam alaykum brother
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2018
AbdelKabir:

As-salaam alaykum brother
Wa alaykum salaam warahmahtullah. Dear brother, how have you been?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 06, 2018
AideeSheks:

Wa alaykum salaam warahmahtullah.
Dear brother, how have you been?

Alhamdulillaah, and you?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Alhamdulillaah, and you?
I've been fine. Alhamdulillah Nice to hear from you again. Been quite a while.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 08, 2018
AideeSheks:

I've been fine. Alhamdulillah
Nice to hear from you again. Been quite a while.

Na'am, where are you now?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 2:47am On Nov 12, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Na'am, where are you now?
Lagos actually. Started work here at the start of the year.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 12, 2018
AideeSheks:

Lagos actually.
Started work here at the start of the year.

Alhamdulillaah, how is seeking knowledge?
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Alhamdulillaah, how is seeking knowledge?
I have a madrasah I attend on weekends. I've made some progress on Arabiyyah. We've almost completed book 1 of durusul lughatul arabiyyah and we'll be having assessments soon.
The stress of work, traffic etc at times tends to affect my attendance (coupled with the occasional laziness grin ). But I'm trying in the little way I can.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 12, 2018
AideeSheks:

I have a madrasah I attend on weekends. I've made some progress on Arabiyyah. We've almost completed book 1 of durusul lughatul arabiyyah and we'll be having assessments soon.
The stress of work, traffic etc at times tends to affect my attendance (coupled with the occasional laziness grin ). But I'm trying in the little way I can.

Alhamdulillaah, may Allaah increase the knowledge and make it beneficial

Hope you've seen a sister you fancy?

1 Like

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Alhamdulillaah, may Allaah increase the knowledge and make it beneficial
Aameen

AbdelKabir:

Hope you've seen a sister you fancy?
Lol. Not yet.
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
AideeSheks:

Aameen

Lol. Not yet.

Bet why? You should get married soon enough, its very important! To guide your chastity and have a blissful living...

1 Like

Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by AideeSheks(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Bet why? You should get married soon enough, its very important! To guide your chastity and have a blissful living...
Can't dispute any of the points you've raised.
Working towards that. Soon, In shaa Allaah
Re: «««mikey And Friends Chat Lounge»»» by Mofpearl: 9:24pm On Jan 04, 2019
@kanmipeju I have no access to the email I used to register for this account.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (Reply)

Did Michael Jackson Just Die Yesterday At 50yrs. Or Killed 18yrs Ago - Read This / The Snake I Killed In The Toilet This Night / See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.