Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,769 members, 7,802,354 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu (38321 Views)

Feyi Fawehinmi: How To Make Sense Of Nigeria’s Currency Swap Deal With China / Agagu’s Son, Feyi Condition Critical; Flown Abroad / How Feyi & Femi Akinsanya Survived The Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by dont8(m): 12:52am On Oct 04, 2013

Feyi Agagu

Feyi, the son of late former Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Agagu, has said that he is alright and no one should worry about his state.

Feyi spoke when his friends, led by Jide Obanikoro, the son of a former Nigeria’s ambassador to Ghana, Musiliu Obanikoro, visited him at the Surgical Emergency ward of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja where he and other victims of the Associated Airline plane crash were rushed to on Thursday.

The victim, who spoke normally, said he became unconscious after feeling the impact of the aeroplane hitting the ground but woke up later.

He had a neck support and some bandages but he giggled when he saw his friends wearing worried faces.

While being wheeled to the Intensive Care Unit for a body scan, the victim threw his right thumb up to his friends, saying ‘nothing do me’.

A second victim, Femi Akinsanya, was seen on another bed talking with about seven of his relatives, including Hip Hop Musician, Sasha Alabi.

Akinsanya, who had a neck support around his neck, described his survival as a miracle.

Doctors were seen advising his pregnant wife not to move him to another hospital yet until he is stabilised.

Our correspondent was however prevented from taking pictures inside the hospital.

It was not all smiles at the hospital as a plump woman, said to be the wife of one of the dead victims, Chijioke Duru, was seen weeping profusely, rolling on the ground at the hospital.

She wailed, “Chjioke, I am finished, who will take care of our daughter, Chinasa. Why did you leave me? I am finished.”

The woman subsequently started blabbing and demanded that her husband’s corpse be handed over to her immediately. She was however taken away by another relative.

Meanwhile, sources close to Gbenga Obasanjo told our correspondent that he was in the United States and denied rumours that he was on the aeroplane.

The source said, “Gbenga was meant to be on that plane because he was to represent his father, Olusegun Obasanjo, at the event but stayed back in Atlanta, Georgia to attend to some things.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-alright-agagus-son/
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by dont8(m): 1:00am On Oct 04, 2013
In the meantime, Deji's friend was lucky not to board the ill-fated airline

I narrowly missed the flight – Deji Falae’s friend

Kunle Rotimi-Akodu

KUNLE Rotimi-Akodu, a friend to Deji Falae, one of the victims of the ill-fated chartered flight that crashed in Lagos on Thursday, said he had been feeling disappointed to have missed the flight before receiving the news of the incident.

Rotimi-Akodu said he was meant to be with his friend, Deji, who was a commissioner in Ondo State, in the Associated Airlines plane for the Lagos to Akure journey but that he providentially got to his friend’s house late and missed the flight.

He was in tears at the crash site on Thursday.

He told our correspondent, “My last encounter with him was on the phone. We spoke about how we could meet and he told me that he had some official duties, especially the funeral programme of the former governor of their state. So, we planned to meet in Lagos. We still spoke on Tuesday and he said he would be in Lagos.

“We were supposed to see but unfortunately I couldn’t make it. I called him and he said I should join him today so that we would return to Akure together on the same plane that crashed. He said I should make haste to meet up, but I had an emergency issue to resolve.

“By the time I actually got to his house, the housemaid told me he had left and the wife had left home too.

“The housemaid said, ‘Oga just left, he said you should find your way to Akure.’

I felt disappointed for him to have done that, but because of the kind of person he was, I began to plan my trip to Akure to meet him and incidentally, I learnt that a plane crashed as I wanted to leave home and that Deji was also involved in the accident.

“I was dumb-founded when I heard. I looked up in my room and saw the catalogue of pictures we took together and tears began to drop from my eyes. I looked at the text messages we shared and began to picture myself being with him in the plane because that was the initial arrangement, if not that I was a bit late to join him.

“Honestly, it is still like a dream. I don’t want to believe Deji is dead. I believe he is alive and he is still going to live his normal life. We have lived together for years in Dolphin Estate. I have known him for over 15 years, when he was still studying in University of Ife. We have always been close since late 80s.”
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Livinusc(m): 1:07am On Oct 04, 2013
Miraculous to d survived once,our Lord is gr8 no other God like him,d victims family plz tk hrt.First to comment shall.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Livinusc(m): 1:14am On Oct 04, 2013
Some hoodlums on Thursday were seen exchanging blows
and throwing bottles at one another over the money they
found on the dead victims of the Associated Airline plane
crash.
When our correspondent got to the scene of the incident, he
observed that the hoodlums had turned the road leading to
the crash site to a boxing ground.
It was learnt that when the hoodlums were assisting in the
evacuation of the victims, they allegedly searched the
victims’ pockets for money and other valuable things.
It was also learnt that they fight ensued due to alleged
‘insincerity’ in the sharing of the money they stole from the
dead.
One of the hoodlums, identified simply as Loko, was heard
saying, “You won’t believe that after the whole rescue thing,
we luckily found money and they don’t want to share it
equally.”
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by naptu2: 1:16am On Oct 04, 2013
Massive sigh of relief. I'm in shock, but . . . . . . .

That would have been very painful.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by dont8(m): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2013

2 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Buchukwu: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2013
Pprraaiisseeeeeeeeeeee the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by searay(m): 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2013
I learnt that governor Suntai also made this statement. Whatever I wish him very soon.

1 Like

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by okelarine: 12:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
Tnk God
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Big4wig(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
Thank your star

Back to another topic

It is with Shock that I announce to you that some enemies of progress have reduced the normal 3 fishes inside "TITUS" sardine to 2Fishes. NAFDAC has to act now or we will protest. If this
situation is not addressed, u will open "TITUS" Sardine one day and find only the oil..

#BIGWIG reporting

62 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by johnwizey: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
If he's truly alryt den discharge him nd let him trek to Akure

3 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by ikeokoye(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
you hv to be
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by infoscope(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
dont8: In the meantime, Deji's friend was lucky not to board the ill-fated airline

Kunle Rotimi-Akodu

KUNLE Rotimi-Akodu, a friend to Deji Falae, one of the victims of the ill-fated chartered flight that crashed in Lagos on Thursday, said he had been feeling disappointed to have missed the flight before receiving the news of the incident.

Rotimi-Akodu said he was meant to be with his friend, Deji, who was a commissioner in Ondo State, in the Associated Airlines plane for the Lagos to Akure journey but that he providentially got to his friend’s house late and missed the flight.

He told our correspondent, “My last encounter with him was on the phone. We spoke about how we could meet and he told me that he had some official duties, especially the funeral programme of the former governor of their state. So, we planned to meet in Lagos. We still spoke on Tuesday and he said he would be in Lagos.

“We were supposed to see but unfortunately I couldn’t make it. I called him and he said I should join him today so that we would return to Akure together on the same plane that crashed. He said I should make haste to meet up, but I had an emergency issue to resolve.

“By the time I actually got to his house, the housemaid told me he had left and the wife had left home too.

“The housemaid said, ‘Oga just left, he said you should find your way to Akure.’

I felt disappointed for him to have done that, but because of the kind of person he was, I began to plan my trip to Akure to meet him and incidentally, I learnt that a plane crashed as I wanted to leave home and that Deji was also involved in the accident.

“I was dumb-founded when I heard. I looked up in my room and saw the catalogue of pictures we took together and tears began to drop from my eyes. I looked at the text messages we shared and began to picture myself being with him in the plane because that was the initial arrangement, if not that I was a bit late to join him.

“Honestly, it is still like a dream. I don’t want to believe Deji is dead. I believe he is alive and he is still going to live his normal life. We have lived together for years in Dolphin Estate. I have known him for over 15 years, when he was still studying in University of Ife. We have always been close since late 80s.”

I was patiently waiting for some one to come up and tell us that he missed the plane and here he is.

9 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Fazhy: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
That's good to know.

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by dotcomnamename: 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2013
Who says there is no God? dancing S-k-e-l-e-w-u

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Jakeattah(m): 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2013
T :Dhank God 4 his life...... Nice, i made fp in d process
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by kkkp: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2013
African Insurance
grin grin ;

D grin
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by chymystique(f): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
infoscope:

I was patiently waiting for some one to come up and tell us that he missed the plane and here he is.

Am nt suprised too.. Loll.. No b Nigeria again.. I guess he aint destined to die yet sha
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by jcute: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
thank God for their lives....RIP to those that didn't survive cry
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Emmzalon: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: Who says there is no God? dancing S-k-e-l-e-w-u

U're dancing skelewu to tank ur own God? I wonder wt chch u attend

1 Like

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by seunwen2(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
rip to the dead

1 Like

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Sunkyjethro(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2013
Its quite unfortunate.
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by cashkidisback(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
dont8:
Feyi Agagu

Feyi, the son of late former Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Agagu, has said that he is alright and no one should worry about his state.

Feyi spoke when his friends, led by Jide Obanikoro, the son of a former Nigeria’s ambassador to Ghana, Musiliu Obanikoro, visited him at the Surgical Emergency ward of the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja where he and other victims of the Associated Airline plane crash were rushed to on Thursday.

The victim, who spoke normally, said he became unconscious after feeling the impact of the aeroplane hitting the ground but woke up later.

He had a neck support and some bandages but he giggled when he saw his friends wearing worried faces.

While being wheeled to the Intensive Care Unit for a body scan, the victim threw his right thumb up to his friends, saying ‘nothing do me’.

A second victim, Femi Akinsanya, was seen on another bed talking with about seven of his relatives, including Hip Hop Musician, Sasha Alabi.

Akinsanya, who had a neck support around his neck, described his survival as a miracle.

Doctors were seen advising his pregnant wife not to move him to another hospital yet until he is stabilised.

Our correspondent was however prevented from taking pictures inside the hospital.

It was not all smiles at the hospital as a plump woman, said to be the wife of one of the dead victims, Chijioke Duru, was seen weeping profusely, rolling on the ground at the hospital.

She wailed, “Chjioke, I am finished, who will take care of our daughter, Chinasa. Why did you leave me? I am finished.”

The woman subsequently started blabbing and demanded that her husband’s corpse be handed over to her immediately. She was however taken away by another relative.

Meanwhile, sources close to Gbenga Obasanjo told our correspondent that he was in the United States and denied rumours that he was on the aeroplane.

The source said, “Gbenga was meant to be on that plane because he was to represent his father, Olusegun Obasanjo, at the event but stayed back in Atlanta, Georgia to attend to some things.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-alright-agagus-son/
all is well
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by moscobabs(m): 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
and so? make I go visit me?......next topic jare
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by greedie1(f): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
Big4wig: Thank your star

Back to another topic

It is with Shock that I announce to you that some enemies of progress have reduced the normal 3 fishes inside "TITUS" sardine to 2Fishes. NAFDAC has to act now or we will protest. If this
situation is not addressed, u will open "TITUS" Sardine one day and find only the oil..

off topic but funny grin

1 Like

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Sunkyjethro(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2013
[quote][/quote]Its quite unfortunate.
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by ZUBY77(m): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
No, you are not alright or even close. Your father is dead. He also died twice. His coffin refused to open. You just had a plane crash. You are currently in a surgical emergency ward, with bandage and pop all over you. You currently have no idea where your dead father's remains is. Therefore you are not alright. Not at all. But i am. Some poor masses who couldnt go to school or have better health due to the lootings of you rich people are currently in their homes enjoying their lives while you occupied a hospital bed.. You see, looting the people's funds cant help anybody. What goes around comes around.

15 Likes

Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by BabaEleko(m): 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
噢嘎回到家大喊大叫大哭过
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Brymo: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Welcome back
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by KenJak(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mister Deji, you're lucky. And Feyi, good luck.
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by olisaokere(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
dont8: In the meantime, Deji's friend was lucky not to board the ill-fated airline

Kunle Rotimi-Akodu

Someone will always come up to publish how he/she narrowly escaped death after an aircraft disaster!...RIP to the dead!
Re: I’m Alright – Feyi Agagu by Ogonimilitant(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
H

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Compared To A Governor In Kenya On Twitter (Pictures) / Urobo And Abbi Roads In Enugu In Bad Condition - Lady Cries Out / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.