Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now (1074 Views)

Glo Newly Reduced 4.5GB Data Plan Price And It's Useable Both Day And Night. / All Data Users,it's Campaign Part Two,come Out Now / All DATA USERS, WAKE UP (CAMPAIGN FOR FAIRNESS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by benatex(m): 8:17am On Oct 04, 2013
[b]My name is Dami,I'm an Android user,When I first bought the phone,about 7months ago,I was surfing the net with MTN's Daily Bundle Plan 10MB for 24hours,no downloads. Few months later,all MTN users got a way to browse free,download unlimitedly,stream videos all day with no thought of thinking this enjoyment and blessing would go away. I am very sure MTN was aware of this,it was called 'MTN MAGIC SIM'. To be honest with you,I still hope for that day to come when it will happen again,don't you. After this so called MTN's blessing ended,I got an information containing all the INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER's Data Bundle Plans and I found out that the cheapest I could afford was Airtel's Monthly BIS which was N1500 for 2gb,some might think this is fair,but as a regular downloader,a might video streamer,an HD game freak this is totally not fair. I mean really,what exactly do you want to do with 2gb? I got angry and I later went back to my MTN DAILY BUNDLE PLAN until I discovered myself that the MTN DAILY BIS that normally works on Blackberry Devices also works on Android devices,this was nice I tell you,subscribing daily for just N100. Few weeks later,MTN blocked this plan from working on Android devices and I asked a rhetorical question,WHY? Seriously let's ask them why,are we not paying them? I spend N700 a week just to surf and download. As at this time there was ASUU strike meaning no work to do,no where to go until peole later devised means to make this MTN BIS plan work on Android devices,it was called VPN(VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK),even with this VPN,we were restricted to a specific bandwidth,100MB. This means I pay 100N for 100MB,still I was not satisfied. MTN blocked this VPNs from working on all android phones as at the end of September 2013. Why? Does this look fair? I called the MTN Customer Care Line and a Representative advised me to subscribe for the Monthly Data Bundle Plan which goes for N1000 for 250mb. How do they expect me to use that for 30days? What exactly can I do with it? I see no reason not to port to another network,don't you. I have said enough story, the last time there was a Data Plan Campaign,it didn't go on well,it died down quickly,this time it must not happen. LET US RISE,LET OUR VOICES BE HEARD,LET US GO TO ALL SOCIAL MEDIA AND PROTEST,EVERYTHING MUST BE FAIR TO US!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.ncc.gov.ng/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=60&Itemid=118 that is the NCC mail,let us all complain to them,show them how angry you how,pls this campaign must not die down, Call customer care,complain,go to MTN twitter handle complain to them,in fact not MTN alone,let's complain about all these network providers,just like the last time,the motto is still 'ALL DATA USERS DEMAND FAIRNESS' Let us act fast now[/b]
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Valto(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2013
U may be wasting your time bro.. Android uses the same internet service as pc,, so dont expect any internet provider to lower their tariff for u. Bb uses compression technology, thats why internet service providers allocates higher volume of data to bb plans... Go get a bb or be ready to pay more for ur android phone... . I use glo's 3k for 1.5gb plan on my Samsung S4 and it serves me well cos i dont download much..
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by stano2(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2013
"the last campaign on this died down quickly because people weren't confident enough in what the could do and also the got distracted with every new trick, not remembering it won't last for long....u just opened dis thread cos VPN way has been blocked..soon u will discard it anytime a new trick shows and it keeps going that way..
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Valto(m): 9:09am On Oct 04, 2013
U mustn't wait for cheat all the time.. What happens when all network providers blocks all cheat.. will u dump ur android then? Android is a data consuming phone, if u cant maintain it, better stick to bb.. Whats all this cheat and code every where
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by invisible4d: 9:16am On Oct 04, 2013
I don't know why mtn is pushing we Android users to the wall. I think it's time to port to airtel or etisalat
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by krugar07(m): 9:51am On Oct 04, 2013
greed
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 04, 2013
I guess the key to the success of this campaign is if it can gain popularity like it trendin on twitter with a popular hashtag
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by babarazy: 10:41am On Oct 04, 2013
Only God Knows when all these Android freaks will stop complaining. Campaign time ko, election time ni. Na by force to use Android?. Afterall, most of you were aware that Android devices drinks data like kilode. Some bb users stick to bb because of its data. Its not as if they don't have money to buy an Android phone.

1 Like

Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2013
we are not asking for BB rates, we are asking for fair data among networks! Not just mtn.
For example
N100 - 30mb 24hrs
N100 - 15mb 7days
N150 - 75mb 24hrs
N200 - 150mb 24hrs
N200 - 50mb 7days
N400 - 100mb 7days
N500 - 450mb 24hrs
N500 - 150mb 7days
N500 - 75mb 30 days
N800 - 512mb 7days
N800 - 250mb 30days
N1000 - 1gb 7days
N1000 - 760mb 30days
N1500 - 1.5gb 30days
N2000 - 2gb 30days
N3500 - 5gb 30days
N8000 - 5gb 3 months
N8000 - 10gb 30days
N10000 - 10gb 3 months
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Valto(m): 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
If u buy a car with V8 engine(android), just be ready to satisfy his huge appetite for fuel(data). Ur network providers cant be held responsible for ur choice of android. Ie. u av to pay the going rate for data just like pc users....

2 Likes

Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Babalegba(m): 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
Mtn and the other telcos are not charity organisations and they did not force Nigerians to kill Nitel with corruption and greed. Fixed lines ( nitel) is supposed to bear the brunt of data transfers while mobile telcos cater for data on the move but Nigerians with their primitive primordial greed killed nitel and are now trying to use mtn as Santa claus to download HD videos on mobile.unsustainable. You have made your bed hard, now lie on it.

1 Like

Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
runzlord: we are not asking for BB rates, we are asking for fair data among networks! Not just mtn.
For example
N100 - 30mb 24hrs
N100 - 15mb 7days
N150 - 75mb 24hrs
N200 - 150mb 24hrs
N200 - 50mb 7days
N400 - 100mb 7days
N500 - 450mb 24hrs
N500 - 150mb 7days
N500 - 75mb 30 days
N800 - 512mb 7days
N800 - 250mb 30days
N1000 - 1gb 7days
N1000 - 760mb 30days
N1500 - 1.5gb 30days
N2000 - 2gb 30days
N3500 - 5gb 30days
N8000 - 5gb 3 months
N8000 - 10gb 30days
N1000 - 10gb 3 months
what is this mockery? 30mb hundred naira, do you know how many mb it takes to download opera or ucweb android let alone surf for 20 minutes on android? u must be kidding

1 Like

Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
9jadelta: what is this mockery? 30mb hundred naira, do you know how many mb it takes to download opera or ucweb android let alone surf for 20 minutes on android? u must be kidding
now i see ur problem is not cheap data! Ur problem is proverty! After managing to buy tecno cos they made it very cheap? U also want these network to make data very cheap! What do u want? 100mb for N100?
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Godwin978(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
@runzlord wht an insult is that how to talke to sombody in ur village?maind d way u talke to people pls

1 Like

Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
runzlord: now i see ur problem is not cheap data! Ur problem is proverty! After managing to buy tecno cos they made it very cheap? U also want these network to make data very cheap! What do u want? 100mb for N100?
ediotic dummy, why demand for data review when u have all the money to buy bandwidth? u want to show urself but u end up showing that u r stup.id.
but I don't have time for retards like u
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by jakesund(m): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
part one didn't yield any result now you're on part two... smh
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by francis247(m): 5:49am On Oct 05, 2013
Why don't you Stop dreaming and embrace reality. Mobile data is expensive everywhere. In the UK for instance, mobile data still sell @ 4 pounds for 100mb which is equal to #1000 while WIFI plans sell 3gb-5gb @ 10-12 pounds which is #2,500-#3000. Unlimited mobile data access still cost nothing less than #10,000 per month inspite of all the infrastructure they have not to mention the fact that they don't import bandwidth. Why do you think that whenever you're about to download files, an app of 20-50mb and above from the playstore or some other source, you're urged to connect to a WIFI network and if it's the playstore, unless you uncheck the box written " download from WIFI network only ", the file will not be downloaded. Our moobile network providers especially the likes of Visafone and Multilinks ought to have WIFI networks scattered across major cities at least with their respective apps to acces and use them smoothly, that's how it should be and even at that, it's not all that cheap. imagine someone demanding unlimited data @#1,500.

1 Like

Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by puskin: 6:22am On Oct 05, 2013
Is this thread really necessary?? i thought there is a similar thread, which one is now part 2?
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by babarazy: 7:38am On Oct 05, 2013
puskin: Is this thread really necessary?? i thought there is a similar thread, which one is now part 2?
see wetin the op cause now. He don confuse our dear mod grin grin
Re: All Data Plan Users,it's Campaign Part Two,arise Now by puskin: 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2013

(1)

Nigeria Internet Data Revolution / How Genuine Is Humblelarge Telecoms / Airtel Android Subscription Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.