Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,890 members, 7,798,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? (856 Views)

Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari / Man Cries In Kano After Voting President Jonathan In Error / Jega Announces Procedures For Voting, Release Of Results: Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 10:19am On Oct 04, 2013
Watching the verbal tussles on Nairaland for and against President Jonathan is sometimes apalling. But governments the world over have never been (generally) much loved even after they were overwhelmingly elected by voters.

But one aspect is undeniable, election campaigns grants access and insights into the aspiring candidates unlike everyday experiences. You listen to speeeches and debates which motivates and inspires you to vote for the candidates.

It would be nice to hear from Nairalanders which, of President Jonathan's speeches, debates and policies inspired and motivated them to vote him during the last election.

It will offer an insight into whether the verbal dissafection is from failed promises by the President or just impatience for the changes promised.

[size=14pt]Please lets be civil; no vulgar language or abuse. [/size]

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by demmie1: 11:29am On Oct 04, 2013
anti-northern sentiments.
I only chose btw two evils.........

..............First to comment anyways.
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by slimming: 11:36am On Oct 04, 2013
For good governance
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 11:47am On Oct 04, 2013
@ demmie1
Do you imply ur motivation is none other than to have a non-northerner as president. So if things go good or bad you are indifferent? A very interesting perspective.
demmie1: anti-northern sentiments.
I only chose btw two evils.........

@slimming
Good governance in what aspect? Kindly explain what your expectations were?
slimming: For good governance
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 04, 2013
All state will have a federal university and domestic airport but up till now, my state Kogi is still there without airport, at least the University is there sha
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by kokoA(m): 11:52am On Oct 04, 2013
"Terrorist attacks happen everywhere in the world, Nigeria is not an exception..." And "we are on top of the situation"

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2013
@abuayman
A reasonable motivation. But Rome was not built in day (4give the adage). Surely projects of such magnitude require time to implement. With the university as u say, you are one satisfied voter.
abuayman: All state will have a federal university and domestic airport but up till now, my state Kogi is still there without airport, at least the University is there sha

@kokoA
Was that statement made before the elections? Its a reasonable motivation for voting if i may say.
kokoA: "Terrorist attacks happen everywhere in the world, Nigeria is not an exception..." And "we are on top of the situation"
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by egift(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Because he have an innocent face and a smile of deception to go with it. Is that good enough?
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
@egift
Good looks are assets to politicians all over the world. As a matter of fact most politicians are good looking. So you were enamored by his looks and not governance deliverables. Interesting.
egift: Because he have an innocent look face and a smile of deception to go with it. Is that good enough?
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
The reason why i didn't vote him and will not vote for him is because he takes the wrong decision, he can't differentiate between good and bad.
To round it off he's too cold and Clueless..
Sorry To Say
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2013
Interesting question indeed.
We realised that he is more a leader than a politician.
"By their fruit we shall know them".He is a responsible POLITICIAN hence worthy of a LEADER.
I have more reasons for not only supporting but liking GEJ.
I rest my case.
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2013
@donphilopus
You are the first dissenting voice. Hmmm, your reasons seem far-fetched. If he were prone to wrong decisions won't it have been obvious to the electorate. Anyways, its just one (your) opinion. Lets see what others have to say.
donphilopus: The reason why i didn't vote him and will not vote for him is because he takes the wrong decision, he can't differentiate between good and bad.
To round it off he's too cold and Clueless..
Sorry To Say
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 2:55pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Dike Chimezie
An interesting perspective. While not all leaders are politicians, most politicians are leaders in their own right. But what about gonvernance deliverables. Any expectations? It seems all the views so far with the exception of @abuayman have any focus on deliverables as a yard stick of governance.
Dike Chimezie: Interesting question indeed.
We realised that he is more a leader than a politician.
"By their fruit we shall know them".He is a responsible POLITICIAN hence worthy of a LEADER.
I have more reasons for not only supporting but liking GEJ.
I rest my case.
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2013
The Arbiter: @donphilopus
You are the first dissenting voice. Hmmm, your reasons seem far-fetched. If he were prone to wrong decisions won't it have been obvious to the electorate. Anyways, its just one (your) opinion. Lets see what others have to say.
i bet you that most of the people that voted him in then regretted voting for him.
They voted him because most of them didn't his true being then
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
donphilopus: i bet you that most of the people that voted him in then regretted voting for him.
Stop blabbing! Come 2015 we will dissapoint u.Because enmasse we will vote GEJ again.
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2013
@donphilopus
Don't be hasty in jumping to conclusions. I'm being objective here and not taking sides. Speak reason and many will be willing to listen. Why not convince me to see things your way with arguments devoid of abuse. The contents of the thread speaks for itself.
donphilopus: i bet you that most of the people that voted him in then regretted voting for him.

Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 3:58pm On Oct 04, 2013
@Dike Chimezie
And what if i may ask would be the motivation or inspiration for the enmasse voting; governance deliverables or raw emotions like @donphilopus.
Did any youth in this country really vote based on subjective governance deliverables or just sentiments?
Dike Chimezie:
Stop blabbing! Come 2015 we will dissapoint u.Because enmasse we will vote GEJ again.

Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 4:00pm On Oct 04, 2013
Don't be hasty in jumping to conclusions. I'm being objective here and not taking sides. Speak reason and many will be willing to listen. Why not convince me to see things your way with arguments devoid of abuse. The contents of the thread speaks for itself.
ok i reserve my comment
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
Dike Chimezie:
you have been disappointed already with the number of people defecting from your party and people supporting the New PDP, very soon 5 more Governors would join the race to move GEJ out. Buhari Landllord Of Aso Rock Come 2015
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
The Arbiter: @Dike Chimezie
And what if i may ask would be the motivation or inspiration for the enmasse voting; governance deliverables or raw emotions like @donphilopus.
Did any youth in this country really vote based on subjective governance deliverables or just sentiments?
most of them voted based on sentiments...
That's Nigerian Youths for you
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by TheArbiter: 4:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
@donphilopus

This is definitely not a campaign thread. If i were a moderator, i would have censored your statements and that of @Dike Chimezie. Isn't there a motivation or inspiration that made millions of youths to vote for the current President in office?

[size=14pt]Thats what i'm interested in learning.[/size]
Re: Whats Your Motivation And Inspiration For Voting President Jonathan? by donphilopus: 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2013

This is definitely not a campaign thread. If i were a moderator, i would have censored your statements and that of @Dike Chimezie. Isn't there a motivation or inspiration that made millions of youths to vote for the current President in office?

[size=14pt]Thats what i'm interested in learning.[/size]
i know,,, it's not a Campaign i just want to let him know some things

(1) (Reply)

Army Deploys New Measures To Check Boko Haram / Not Everyone In APC Is An Angel,not Everybody In PDP Is A Devil –oshiomhole / An Immoral Action From Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.