Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,134 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

The Tanzanian Lake Natron That Turns Animals Into Stone Statues - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Tanzanian Lake Natron That Turns Animals Into Stone Statues (653 Views)

Man Turns Attraction At Lagos Carnival (photo) / Names Of Animals,insects And Birds In Hausa. / Comprehensive List Of Animals In Igbo Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tanzanian Lake Natron That Turns Animals Into Stone Statues by kampusafr(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
A salt lake located in northern Tanzania, Lake Natron is known for turning every living thing that comes in contact with it into stone.

This was made popular by the popular photographer Nick Brandt who was there to research his latest book there, Across the Ravaged Lands.
He displayed pictures, in his book, of variety of birds and bats that have...

http://www.weekies.com/news/8427/2013/10/04/The-Tanzanian-Lake-Natron-That-Turns-Animals-Into-Stone-Statues

Re: The Tanzanian Lake Natron That Turns Animals Into Stone Statues by PAPAAFRICA: 2:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
shocked
Re: The Tanzanian Lake Natron That Turns Animals Into Stone Statues by Caracta(f): 4:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Stunning...

It's hard to believe though sad

Whooops! Interesting, i must say. Just read the whole article. How come i've never heard of it before? I wanna go there! Take me pls. Pls pls pls cry cry
Re: The Tanzanian Lake Natron That Turns Animals Into Stone Statues by RandomAfricanAm: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2013
There has to be some seriously epic folk tales surrounding a lake that !

(1) (Reply)

Why Do South East People Believe That If U Have A Money Then You Can Date A Girl / What's The Greatest/most Glaring Lie(s) You've Been Told ? / Why I Don't Drink Alcohol N How To Cut Back On Booze Without Bin A Hermit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.