Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From (1389 Views)

On The Sahaba Again: A Reminder May Benefit The Believers.... / Ten Things You Didn’t Know About The Kaaba / How To Benefit From The Qur’an (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by mukina2: 3:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
The First:
Knowledge which is void of action.

The Second:
Actions which are void of sincerity to Allah, and void of exemplification of the Sunnah. (Note: These two conditions constitute the act being accepted by Allah i.e. Ikhlaas and Ittiba`a)

The Third:
Wealth which is not spent in the way of Allah, so the one who exhausted all of his energy amassing it will not benefit from it in this life, nor will he see the fruits of it in the hereafter.

The Fourth:
A heart which is void of the love of Allah and the ardent desire to meet him.

The Fifth:
A body which is void of obedience to Allah.

The Sixth:

A love for other than Allah which is void of any boundaries. (i.e. unconditional)

The Seventh:
Time which is void of benefit and the individual does not take advantage of it to do actions which would bring him closer to Allah.

The Eighth:
A thought which goes through the individuals mind and will bring him no benefit.

The Ninth:
Doing a favor for someone who, that favor will not bring him closer to Allah nor will it benefit him in the affairs of his livelihood.

The Tenth:

Fear and hope of someone whose forelock is in the hands of Allah, like a captive in the company of his master, who can bring no benefit or harm to himself or others, nor can he give life to the dead nor does he have any power over resurrection.

The worse and most detrimental of these ten is two:

1) The Heart
2) The Time
Firstly the heart, because it`s corruption stems from giving precedence to this transient life over the hereafter, and time because it makes the individual feel like he will live forever (which enables him to be even more negligent about his obligation to Allah)
The most amazing thing is when someone is presented with a situation and he turns all of his attention towards Allah to fulfill his needs, and never takes the time to ask Allah for the remedy he is need of to bring his heart back to life from the death of ignorance and negligence, and the cure he is in dire need of for his disease of Shahawaat (following his lowly desires) and Shubuhaat (doubts and misconceptions). Indeed if the heart dies, he will never be conscious of the sins which he commits and his disobedience to Allah.

~~~~
May Allah (swt) give us the tawfeeq to abstain from all that brings us no benefit Ameeen!!
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by javaprince(m): 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2008
jazakumulahukhairan
But pls, can u quote d hadith dat references d critera for choosin a partner for marriage.
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by javalove(m): 4:13pm On Jun 29, 2008
Jaxakhumulaah Kharian. May Allah reward u abundantly. This is a lecture material.

javaprince:

jazakumulahukhairan
But please, can u quote d hadith that references d critera for choosin a partner for marriage.

so we plenty wey dey find the right hajia? cheesycheesy May Allah make it easy for us ooooo. Aaaa kuku da
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by mukina2: 4:18pm On Jun 29, 2008
Salaam wink
Ameen

javaprince:

jazakumulahukhairan
But please, can u quote d hadith that references d critera for choosin a partner for marriage.

Babs/Olabowale i'll ask them smiley

javalove:

Jaxakhumulaah Kharian. May Allah reward u abundantly. This is a lecture material.

so we plenty wey dey find the right hajia? cheesycheesy May Allah make it easy for us ooooo. Aaaa kuku da

hahahahahaha grin grin grin
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by babs787(m): 6:50pm On Jun 29, 2008
@Mukina

Babs/Olabowale i'll ask them

Lol grin

@Javaprince

jazakumulahukhairan

Islam is clear on the kind of wife you should be seeking. The Prophet (s.a.w) said: "A woman may be married for four reasons:

for her property,

her status,

her beauty,

and her religion;

so try to get one who is religious, may you be blessed."

True, beauty and charm is hard to resist, yet beauty does not last forever and does not guarantee you her obedience and religiousness.

Financial status is dynamic, and so is worldly status, yet religion strongly establishes a household, and it may be that through your intention of marrying her for her religion, the rest is given to you anyway.

In one hadith, the Prophet (s.a.w) said: "The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman."

This point has been stressed many times by Rasulallah (s.a.w), who himself, when asked what three things he loved the most, mentioned a pious woman.

Rasulallah (s.a.w) replied that the best thing to be treasured is the devoted wife who causes pleasure when seen, obeys orders instantly and takes full care of herself and her husbands property when he is away.

Abu Bakr once asked Rasulallah (s.a.w) what was the best thing to be treasured, and
he (s.a.w) replied: "the tongue in remembrance of Allah, the heart filled with thanks to Allah, and a pious wife who helps in virtuous deeds".

It is better to choose wife for the following attributes:

-a Muslim woman

-a believing woman

-a devout woman

-a true woman

-a woman who is patient and constant

-a woman who humbles herself

-a woman who gives charity

-a woman who fasts and denies herself

-a woman who guards her chastity

-a woman who engages much in Allah's praise.
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by javaprince(m): 8:43pm On Jun 29, 2008
@babs787
I can remember back then in Arabic Lesson - seems the Hadith we read stated 5 reasons. I think the 5th one is (emphasis on THINK) - a Girl because of her "FAMILY TIES" - Please is this correct. - I'll rather stop here and allow u enlighten me Instead of posting Jargons
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by ifyalways(f): 1:34pm On Jun 30, 2008
pls oooh my brothers and sisters i got a few questions and wud very much appreciate your responses smiley
How do Mu"slims treat Orphans? Or what is an Orphans fate in the Isl"amic setting?i wud appreciate if its backed up with quotations from the Ko'ran.thanks
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by Mustay(m): 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2008
babs787:

Islam is clear on the kind of wife you should be seeking. The Prophet (s.a.w) said: "A woman may be married for four reasons:

for her property,

her status,

her beauty, - OF COURSE cheesy

and her religion;

so try to get one who is religious, may you be blessed."

True, beauty and charm is hard to resist, yet beauty does not last forever and does not guarantee you her obedience and religiousness.

Financial status is dynamic, and so is worldly status, yet religion strongly establishes a household, and it may be that through your intention of marrying her for her religion, the rest is given to you anyway.

In one hadith, the Prophet (s.a.w) said: "The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman."

This point has been stressed many times by Rasulallah (s.a.w), who himself, when asked what three things he loved the most, mentioned a pious woman.

Rasulallah (s.a.w) replied that the best thing to be treasured is the devoted wife who causes pleasure when seen, obeys orders instantly and takes full care of herself and her husbands property when he is away.

Abu Bakr once asked Rasulallah (s.a.w) what was the best thing to be treasured, and
he (s.a.w) replied: "the tongue in remembrance of Allah, the heart filled with thanks to Allah, and a pious wife who helps in virtuous deeds".

It is better to choose wife for the following attributes:

-a Muslim woman

-a believing woman

-a devout woman

-a[b] true [/b]woman

-a woman who is patient and constant

-a woman who humbles herself

-a woman who gives charity

-a woman who fasts and denies herself

-a woman who guards her chastity

-a woman who engages much in Allah's praise.

bas please be explicit on the letters in BOLD
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by ifyalways(f): 1:50pm On Jun 30, 2008
still waiting
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by babs787(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2008
@Javaprince

@babs787
I can remember back then in Arabic Lesson - seems the Hadith we read stated 5 reasons. I think the 5th one is (emphasis on THINK) - a Girl because of her "FAMILY TIES" - Please is this correct. - I'll rather stop here and allow u enlighten me Instead of posting Jargons

I have never come across such and if you have please post it here so we have a look
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by babs787(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2008
@ifyalways

please oooh my brothers and sisters i got a few questions and would very much appreciate your responses 
How do Mu"slims treat Orphans? Or what is an Orphans fate in the Isl"amic setting?i would appreciate if its backed up with quotations from the Ko'ran.thanks

I will back it up with hadith and Quranoc verses Insha Allah later

@Mustay

I don't understand you but they are very straight forward and self explanatory now  angry
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by ifyalways(f): 1:37am On Jul 01, 2008
babs787:

@ifyalways

I will back it up with hadith and Quranoc verses Insha Allah later

thanks a million.i wud be on the look-out for it.
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by Mustay(m): 8:54am On Jul 01, 2008
ok

please explain those parts well

and stop the frown angry

I prefer seeing you smile cheesy
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by ifyalways(f): 9:13pm On Jul 01, 2008
Hey ppl am still waiting sad somebody should pls help me sad
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by babs787(m): 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2008
@Ifyalways

please oooh my brothers and sisters i got a few questions and would very much appreciate your responses
How do Mu"slims treat Orphans? Or what is an Orphans fate in the Isl"amic setting?i would appreciate if its backed up with quotations from the Ko'ran.thanks

"Therefore, treat not the orphan with oppression. And repulse not the beggar.'' (93:9,10)

"They ask you, (O Muhammad), what they shall spend. Say: that which you spend for good (must go) to parents and near kindred and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good you do, lo! Allah is Aware of it." (Qur’an 2:215)

Sahl bin Sa`d (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "I will be like this in Jannah with the person who takes care of an orphan". Messenger of Allah (PBUH) raised his forefinger and middle finger by way of illustration.
[Al-Bukhari].

Abu Hurairah (R.A.) reports that the Messenger of Allah (S.A.W.) stated "Whoever caresses the head of an orphan (in affection), solely for the sake of Allah, a good deed will be written to his account for every hair over which he passed his hand, and whoever treated an orphan (boy or girl) with goodness and kindness, he and I will be close to each-other in Heaven as these two fingers" The Prophet (S.A.W.) made a gesture with his fingers as explained above.

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "One who strives to help the widows and the poor is like the one who fights in the way of Allah.'' The narrator said: I think that he (PBUH) added also: "I shall regard him as the one who stands up (for prayer) without rest and as the one who observes fasts continuously".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Please check here as well
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q9E4egv4lKEC&pg=PA29&lpg=PA29&dq=how+is+orpahn+treated+in+Islam%3F&source=web&ots=xxHnuucBxK&sig=FLH41zx8vnHHLCZDzI_iD4jFs_A&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=5&ct=result
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by babs787(m): 9:55pm On Jul 01, 2008
Knowing the human weakness for beauty and wealth, the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) has forewarned, "A man who marries a woman for the sake of her wealth, Allah leaves him in his own condition, and one who marries her (only) for her beauty, will find in her (things) which he dislikes (unpleasing manners) and Allah will gather up all these things for one who marries her for the sake of her faith (religiousness)."
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by mukina2: 10:10pm On Jul 01, 2008
ifyalways:

please oooh my brothers and sisters i got a few questions and would very much appreciate your responses  smiley

"Treat not the orphan with harshness" (Qur’an 93:9)

Orphan welfare is a recurring theme in the Qur’an. Verses encouraging good treatment of orphans are found throughout it. Creating a sense of responsibility towards orphans, the Qur’an says:

"They ask you, (O Muhammad), what they shall spend. Say: that which you spend for good (must go) to parents and near kindred and orphans and the needy and the wayfarer. And whatsoever good you do, lo! Allah is Aware of it." (Qur’an 2:215)

Orphans have a unique place in Islam and share an affinity with Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) who lost both his parents by the age of six. His orphaned childhood is the subject of some of the earliest verses of the Qur’an:

"Did He not find you an orphan and give you shelter?" (Qur’an 93:6)

2:220
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“…And they ask you concerning orphans. Say: The best thing is to work honestly in their property, and if you mix your affairs with theirs, then they are your brothers. And Allaah knows him who means mischief (e.g. to swallow their property) from him who means good (e.g. to save their property). And if Allaah had wished, He could have put you into difficulties. Truly, Allaah is All-Mighty, All-Wise”

2:83
And (remember) when We took a covenant from the Children of Israel, (saying): Worship none but Allah (Alone) and be dutiful and good to parents, and to kindred, and to orphans and Al-Masakeen (the poor), (Tafsir At-Tabaree, Vol. 10, Page 158 (Verse 9:60)) and speak good to people (i.e. enjoin righteousness and forbid evil, and say the truth about Muhammad Peace be upon him ), and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat. Then you slid back, except a few of you, while you are backsliders. (Tafsir Al-Qurtubee, Vol. 2, Page 392)

2:177
It is not Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, and each and every act of obedience to Allah, etc.) that you turn your faces towards east and (or) west (in prayers); but Al-Birr is (the quality of) the one who believes in Allah, the Last Day, the Angels, the Book, the Prophets and gives his wealth, in spite of love for it, to the kinsfolk, to the orphans, and to Al-Masakin (the poor), and to the wayfarer, and to those who ask, and to set slaves free, performs As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and gives the Zakat, and who fulfill their covenant when they make it, and who are As-Sabirin (the patient ones, etc.) in extreme poverty and ailment (disease) and at the time of fighting (during the battles). Such are the people of the truth and they are AlMuttaqoon (pious - see V.2:2).

2:215

They ask you (O Muhammad SAW) what they should spend. Say: Whatever you spend of good must be for parents and kindred and orphans and AlMasakin (the poor) and the wayfarers, and whatever you do of good deeds, truly, Allah knows it well.

4:2
And give unto orphans their property and do not exchange (your) bad things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by adding it) to your substance. Surely, this is a great sin.

4:3

And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphangirls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice.
4:6

And try orphans (as regards their intelligence) until they reach the age of marriage; if then you find sound judgement in them, release their property to them, but consume it not wastefully, and hastily fearing that they should grow up, and whoever amongst guardians is rich, he should take no wages, but if he is poor, let him have for himself what is just and reasonable (according to his work). And when you release their property to them, take witness in their presence; and Allah is AllSufficient in taking account.

4:8
And when the relatives and the orphans and AlMasakin (the poor) are present at the time of division, give them out of the property, and speak to them words of kindness and justice.

4:10
Verily, those who unjustly eat up the property of orphans, they eat up only a fire into their bellies, and they will be burnt in the blazing Fire!

4:36
Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor), the neighbour who is near of kin, the neighbour who is a stranger, the companion by your side, the wayfarer (you meet), and those (slaves) whom your right hands possess. Verily, Allah does not like such as are proud and boastful;

4:127
They ask your legal instruction concerning women, say: Allah instructs you about them, and about what is recited unto you in the Book concerning the orphan girls whom you give not the prescribed portions (as regards Mahr and inheritance) and yet whom you desire to marry, and (concerning) the children who are weak and oppressed, and that you stand firm for justice to orphans. And whatever good you do, Allah is Ever AllAware of it.

6:152
"And come not near to the orphans property, except to improve it, until he (or she) attains the age of full strength; and give full measure and full weight with justice. We burden not any person, but that which he can bear. And whenever you give your word (i.e. judge between men or give evidence, etc.), say the truth even if a near relative is concerned, and fulfill the Covenant of Allah, This He commands you, that you may remember

8:41
And know that whatever of war-booty that you may gain, verily one-fifth (1/5th) of it is assigned to Allah, and to the Messenger, and to the near relatives (of the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)), (and also) the orphans, Al-Masakin (the poor) and the wayfarer, if you have believed in Allah and in that which We sent down to Our slave (Muhammad SAW) on the Day of criterion (between right and wrong), the Day when the two forces met (the battle of Badr) - And Allah is Able to do all things.

17:34
And come not near to the orphans property except to improve it, until he attains the age of full strength. And fulfil (every) covenant. Verily! the covenant, will be questioned about.

18:82
"And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the town; and there was under it a treasure belonging to them; and their father was a righteous man, and your Lord intended that they should attain their age of full strength and take out their treasure as a mercy from your Lord. And I did it not of my own accord. That is the interpretation of those (things) over which you could not hold patience."

59:7
What Allah gave as booty (Fai) to His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from the people of the townships, - it is for Allah, His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), the kindred (of Messenger Muhammad SAW), the orphans, AlMasakin (the poor), and the wayfarer, in order that it may not become a fortune used by the rich among you. And whatsoever the Messenger (Muhammad SAW) gives you, take it, and whatsoever he forbids you, abstain (from it) , and fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment.

76:8
And they give food, inspite of their love for it (or for the love of Him), to Miskin (poor), the orphan, and the captive,

89:17
Nay! But you treat not the orphans with kindness and generosity (i.e. you neither treat them well, nor give them their exact right of inheritance)!

This affinity between the orphan and the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) is expressed with great clarity in the sacred tradition (hadith) There is a promise of Paradise for anyone who looks after an orphan:

"I, and the one who looks after an orphan, will be together like this in the next world", then he raised his index and middle fingers together. (Hadith Muslim)
The important lesson Muslims have taken from this well-known hadith is that to choose the companionship of an orphan is to choose the companionship of the Prophet himself (Allah bless him and give him peace).
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by olabowale(m): 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2008
@Mustay: True in this sense is a woman who is direct in truly good conduct. A saliha. Not a munafiq (Hypocritical and in outward pattern alone). A good example of such a hypocrite is the wife of sayidina Lut and the wife of sayidina Nuh.

Denies herself as in the ability not to be envious and therefore embarrases her spouse or becomes a reason of hardship and regret. She is satisfied. A good example is the second wife of Sayidina Ismail, compared to his first wife, whom he divorced because of her not being gracious to what Allah provided.
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by ifyalways(f): 6:05pm On Jul 02, 2008
@Mukina2 and babs ,thanks a whole lot.i do appreciate kiss
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by babs787(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2008
You are welcome sister cheesy
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by macomrades(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
Just thought I should comment on this thread to bring it to the front page of the section. I think it's worth (re)reading.
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by ifyalways(f): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2011
Lol
Time flies . . . cheesy
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by azharuddin: 2:40am On Mar 31, 2011
macomrades:

Just thought I should comment on this thread to bring it to the front page of the section. I think it's worth (re)reading.

JazakAllahu Khairan. A good thread indeed.
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by olawalebabs(m): 12:34pm On Apr 09, 2011
Jazakun lahu hairan
Re: Ten Things You Will Never Benefit From by chiefImam2: 10:26am On Apr 14, 2011
Jazaka LLahu Khaira L Jaza for this post, and those who respond to all questions asked. May allah add to our knowledge. Aameen.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Must Repent And Convert To Islam / Can I Kiss My Wife While Fasting ?????? / In Sha Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.