Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,142 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom (42347 Views)

University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Post Utme Form 2014 Is Out. / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
ATMC: dept?

Mass confusion grin
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by ATMC(f): 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2013
dimples*:

Mass confusion grin
lol
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
ATMC: lol

loler grin
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Heartbet(f): 5:09am On Dec 21, 2013
winkHello peepz watz gud?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by PrinceJustice(m): 5:20am On Dec 21, 2013
[size=22pt]OF the Greatest LIONS & LIONESSES!!! What's happening here? *Just arrived*[/size]
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nomswilli(m): 7:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thread is becoming dry..

My fellow Lions, and of course Lionesses... Wishing Y'all A Merry Christmas and a Blissful 2014
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 15, 2014
dimples2: Yaaaay! Being waiting for this cheesy
I miss okpa,abacha,coke villa,freedom square love,eyoita,slessor, st.peters, pAA nite shows,boiled groundnut, banana,

I miss UNN sha embarassed
unfortunately,coke villa has been razed to d ground! Chai,Bartho,na only u waka come abi...
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 6:52pm On Jul 15, 2014
hephzibahbeulah: unfortunately,coke villa has been razed to d ground! Chai,Bartho,na only u waka come abi...

It's unfortunate. I remember coke villa during my first and second years, the jollification and flexing place for UNN students. It was like the Mr. Biggs of UNN, the place to be if you felt like having a good time out. Always busy and bustling with students and lecturers. Until Bartho Okolo razed it down. His action, no matter how explained, was uncalled for.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
bigfrancis21:

It's unfortunate. I remember coke villa during my first and second years, the jollification and flexing place for UNN students. It was like the Mr. Biggs of UNN, the place to be if you felt like having a good time out. Always busy and bustling with students and lecturers. Until Bartho Okolo razed it down. His action, no matter how explained, was uncalled for.
TRUE!
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by luigiajah(m): 9:20pm On Jul 15, 2014
To get All UNN Post Utme Past Questions click HERE
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Capableben(m): 6:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Kelyto: my alma mater!my alma mater!.....i jus luv dat song.......greetings ma gweat lions and lioness,nt forgetn d super lions.....kely reppin pharm 016.......my mehn,mexx,somtea and co,i see y'all.....its d den for life cus there ain none lyk it!......flexn we shall cont till ASUU calls.....

Hello, What career opportunities abound for pharmacy graduates
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by dagentility(f): 3:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Pls any Edu/Econs student in the house,i need your advice pls.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Sepp360(m): 4:16pm On Oct 30, 2014
I want to use this medium to congratulate the fresh newbies; great lions and lionesses for their achievement of joining the den. I sincerely say congratulations to ya'all. I wish you good experience and God's grace, 'cos it's never easy to be in the den. Aluta Continua.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Sepp360(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
dagentility:
Pls any Edu/Econs student in the house,i need your advice pls.
state ur problems for the general public; anyone can be of great help. You never can tell.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by dagentility(f): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sepp360:
state ur problems for the general public; anyone can be of great help. You never can tell.
Ok dear tnx vry much
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by dagentility(f): 4:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
Pls I need to know if there is much maths involved in Edu/Economics.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by mcdokwe(m): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
dagentility:
I have a friend who studied Edu/Econs and have had to go through some of her question papers. There are calculations involved and that is expected in economics and shouldn't scare you if you knew your way about econs. But then as a fresher you might be surprised that almost everybody is starting from the same level in the sense that what you knew may not count much. Just come prepared to learn and you are sure to excel. Congrats.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Sepp360(m): 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
dagentility:
In addition to what u already know. I'm sure there aint much maths in Edu/economics as it is in the real maths. You only require the secondary school foundation on calculations in economics, unlike other depts dat myt be doin the thick maths wif integration, differentiation and all that.
And by the way, don't let any course frighten u. If others before u, and even in ur set can pass it with wonderful grades, why can't u? All u need is mazimum determination and interest. And don't forget the God factor, it myt be important, only if u're religious.,
welcome to the den once more.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Fourcade(m): 5:58am On Oct 31, 2014
dagentility:

Mcdokwe did justice to your question.

Despite being an Edu/Eco student,expect Maths + Statistics in some of the courses you will do throughout your degree.

You will start your first year with Introductory courses in Maths,Statistics and Accounting.This will serve as foundation for all the "jargons" grin you will see later in your Second,Third and Final Year - Mathematics For Economics,Macroeconomics,Econometrics, Operations Research etc.

Just bend down and study while your mates are and you'll scale through all.

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by dagentility(f): 10:40am On Oct 31, 2014
Thanks @all who gave their opinion,i will do my best and overcome my fears. Thanks once again.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 01, 2014
Holler,lion and lioness.My first post here tho,am anita studying accountancy UNEC

wana solicit for ur votes,plz guys help me win miss nl 2014,u can vist the romance section to be part of the campaign.Dnt let a lioness be trounced,ur votes wuld be highly appreciated.thanks
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by mcdokwe(m): 9:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
Annypie:
Holler,lion and lioness.My first post here tho,am anita studying accountancy UNEC

wana solicit for ur votes,plz guys help me win miss nl 2014,u can vist the romance section to be part of the campaign.Dnt let a lioness be trounced,ur votes wuld be highly appreciated.thanks

u see ur way? U felt u were to good to post here until u needed our vote eekwa?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
mcdokwe:
u see ur way? U felt u were to good to post here until u needed our vote eekwa?
lool..nt really oo,i just searched ds forum for d 1st tym.Education is one of my active thread.

oya biko..vote for a sister
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Capableben(m): 11:54pm On Nov 01, 2014
bigfrancis21:

why did he raze it down
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Capableben(m): 11:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
What's the cut off for medicine
does Unn consider students from educationally poor background like TARABA ?
I wanna apply come 2014
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 1:05am On Nov 02, 2014
Capableben:

why did he raze it down

According to him, the structure was not part of the original layout plan of UNN.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 1:16am On Nov 02, 2014
Capableben:
What's the cut off for medicine
does Unn consider students from educationally poor background like TARABA ?
I wanna apply come 2014

2014 is already here. 2015 you mean?

For states like Taraba, the cutoff will be somewhere around 230. From the cut-off list of 2012 as seen here, https://www.nairaland.com/1034155/university-nigeria-nsukka-unn-post-utme the cutoff mark for Adamawa and Nasarawa states was 57/100 or 228/400. You'll need to score at least higher than that score to be considered into the college of Medicine, UNN. The given score is the average of UME and PUME scores divided by 2 (400-point scale) or divided by 8 (100-point scale). For example, you scored 230 in JAMB and 246 PUME, your average will be (230 + 246)/2 = 238/400. With a cutoff of 228 for Medicine for Adamawa, Nasarawa etc. you will be given admission. On the 100-point scale, your score will be: (230 + 246)/8 = 59.5/100 and the 228-cutoff on 100-point scale was 57 for Adamawa and Nasarawa states.

I just showed you how UNN calculates its cutoff marks for admission.

Wishing you goodluck, future Lion!!! smiley
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Capableben(m): 1:21am On Nov 02, 2014
bigfrancis21:

2014 is already here. 2015 you mean?

For states like Taraba, the cutoff will be somewhere around 230. From the cut-off list of 2012 as seen here, https://www.nairaland.com/1034155/university-nigeria-nsukka-unn-post-utme the cutoff mark for Adamawa and Nasarawa states was 57/100 or 228/400. You'll need to score at least higher than that score to be considered into the college of Medicine, UNN. The given score is the average of UME and PUME scores divided by 2 (400-point scale) or divided by 8 (100-point scale). For example, you scored 230 in JAMB and 246 PUME, your average will be (230 + 246)/2 = 238/400. With a cutoff of 228 for Medicine for Adamawa, Nasarawa etc. you will be given admission. On the 100-point scale, your score will be: (230 + 246)/8 = 59.5/100 and the 228-cutoff on 100-point scale was 57 for Adamawa and Nasarawa states.

I just showed you how UNN calculates its cutoff marks for admission.

Wishing you goodluck, future Lion!!! smiley

Thanks, hope the college of medicine there is competitive and makes sense?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 1:30am On Nov 02, 2014
Capableben:

Thanks, hope the college of medicine there is competitive and makes sense?

Yea it is. You'll be competing against the finest of brains from all over Nigeria. You'll spend your first year in Nsukka campus and in second year move to Enugu campus where you'll stay till you finish.

University of Nigeria's Teaching Hospital is at Ituku-Ozalla which was recently built. Many of Nigeria's finest brains in the field of medicine are from there.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Capableben(m): 1:44am On Nov 02, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yea it is. You'll be competing against the finest of brains from all over Nigeria. You'll spend your first year in Nsukka campus and in second year move to Enugu campus where you'll stay till you finish.

University of Nigeria's Teaching Hospital is at Ituku-Ozalla which was recently built. Many of Nigeria's finest brains in the field of medicine are from there.
Thanks a mill.. BTW are u Also a medical student?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / Jamb Syllabus For This Year? / UNIBEN Students Build Speed Breakers Along Lagos-Benin Express Road (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.