Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:47 AM

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom (42234 Views)

University Of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Post Utme Form 2014 Is Out. / Nairaland Undergraduates Central Chatroom / KOGI STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT CHATROOM. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 2:19am On Nov 02, 2014
Capableben:
Thanks a mill.. BTW are u Also a medical student?

I was supposed to be. smiley My parents wanted me to be a medical doctor and I actually applied for Medicine at UNN during my first JAMB in 2006. I didn't get in but was given Biochemistry which I studied in UNN for 1 year. That 1 year was sort of a self-realization phase for me during which I realized what I really wanted to study was Engineering. I bought another JAMB form the second time again for UNN but this time for Engineering and got admitted into EE. I started afresh with EE. In total, I spent 6 years in UNN. smiley

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Capableben(m): 6:39am On Nov 02, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I was supposed to be. smiley My parents wanted me to be a medical doctor and I actually applied for Medicine at UNN during my first JAMB in 2006. I didn't get in but was given Biochemistry which I studied in UNN for 1 year. That 1 year was sort of a self-realization phase for me during which I realized what I really wanted to study was Engineering. I bought another JAMB form the second time again for UNN but this time for Engineering and got admitted into EE. I started afresh with EE. In total, I spent 6 years in UNN. smiley
Biko can we talk on wasaap?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Kcinho(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2014
Annypie:
Holler,lion and lioness.My first post here tho,am anita studying accountancy UNEC

wana solicit for ur votes,plz guys help me win miss nl 2014,u can vist the romance section to be part of the campaign.Dnt let a lioness be trounced,ur votes wuld be highly appreciated.thanks

Congrats on making it through the first round. I think you should get more publicity for the next stage. Solicit for votes in the different threads for the south east states e.g "Enugu the pride of the east" anambra and IMO also have theirs. Then the thread for different schools (uni, poly etc) in the south east too (not only unn).
Finally greatest lions and lionesses lets try and vote our own. I bet she is beautiful n intelligent enough to get the crown.
Good luck
#Lion
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2014
Kcinho
post=27737609:

Congrats on making it through the first round. I think you should get
more publicity for the next stage. Solicit for votes in the different
threads for the south east states e.g "Enugu the pride of the east"
anambra and IMO also have theirs. Then the thread for different schools
(uni, poly etc) in the south east too (not only unn).
Finally greatest lions and lionesses lets try and vote our own. I bet
she is beautiful n intelligent enough to get the crown.
Good luck
#Lion
Thanks hun...ayam grateful

please do help me mobilise ppl,and the sort,wuld do the best i can.next round begins 2day(10am-6pm)cheerz!
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by simba1: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2015
Are aspirants also welcomed?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 7:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
simba1:
Are aspirants also welcomed?

Very much yes!

From an ex lion in the house...now can I get a roar in the house...roarrrrrr wink
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Very much yes!

From an ex lion in the house...now can I get a roar in the house...roarrrrrr wink
Lion ko, pussy cat ni

Greeeeaaatest Akoka!! We lead, others follow wink

If it ain't Las Gidi, then it ain't it. cool
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 8:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Lion ko, pussy cat ni

Lol. The last time I checked this thread was for University of Nigeria students and alumni. My professors taught me that we have 2 categories of universities in Nigeria: University of Nigeria and others. Ngwa, si ilo! angry

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:23pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Lol. The last time I checked this thread was for University of Nigeria students and alumni. We have 2 categories of universities in Nigeria: University of Nigeria and others. Ngwa, si ilo! wink
Leaaaave me oooooo! Akoka!! Akoka!!

We lead, others follow angry
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 8:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Leaaaave me oooooo! Akoka!! Akoka!!

We lead, others follow

Lead ko, follow ni. Akuko uwa nke mgbede.

Who is the king of the jungle? The Lion!

Which animal do other animals bow down to? The lion!! Igwe!!

Which animal is characterized by its enormous strength and prowess? The lion!!!

Now can I get a loud roar from the lions and lionesses in the house? Roarrrrrrrrrrr! wink

Nna, uzo dikwa n'ilo. wink
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:28pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Lead ko, follow ni. Akuko uwa nke mgbede.

Who is the king of the forest? The Lion!

Which animal do other animals bow down to? The lion!

Which animal is characterized by its enormous strength and prowess? The lion!

Now can I get a loud roar from the lions and lionesses in the house? Roarrrrrrrrrrr! wink

Nna, uzo dikwa n'ilo. wink
Mscheeeew

Let me unfollow this thread of pussycats
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 8:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Mscheeeew

Funny you. grin

What's up?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Funny you. grin

What's up?
I dey o. You?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 8:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Mscheeeew

Let me unfollow this thread of pussycats Lions

This is the territory of lions. All non-lions are unwelcome, lest they get eaten up by the stronger and powerful lion. grin

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 8:34pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ishilove:

I dey o. You?

I'm just relaxing after a long and stressful week. It's a saturday.
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

This is the territory of lions. All non-lions are unwelcome, lest they get eaten up by the stronger and powerful lion. grin

That lion looks malnurished.

*rolls eyes*

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:40pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I'm just relaxing after a long and stressful week. It's a saturday.
Relaxing on nairaland.

Can one truly relax in The Gidi? Heat and the rooaarrrr of several I-better-pass-my-neighbours (it sounds like your UNN lion) no fit allow person relax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 8:44pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ishilove:

That lion looks malnurished.

*rolls eyes*

Still on still, a malnourished lion would conquer an over-fed cat from Akoka anyday anytime. wink

3 Likes

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Ishilove: 8:46pm On Feb 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Still on still, a malnourished lion would conquer an over-fed cat from Akoka anyday anytime. wink
You think? You need to watch Natgeo wild. This week is Big Cats Week. You will see your lion dymystified wink
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by simba1: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
So can i get clues on how to make it to the Den(UNEC)? Medicine
bigfrancis21:

Very much yes!

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 9:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
simba1:
So can i get clues on how to make it to the Den(UNEC)? Medicine

Medicine can be quite tough but you can get in if you really study very hard. The medical school of UNN attracts the best of brains each year in JAMB + PUME and the cut off can be quite high, ranging from 280 to as high as 300 depending on the overall performance that year, with the highest cutoff scores being for those from south east + south south.

Which state are you from? Are you taking this upcoming JAMB next month?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by simba1: 9:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
I'm from Abia. And yes i'm taking this upcoming Utme.
bigfrancis21:

Medicine can be quite tough but you can get in if you really study very hard. The medical school of UNN attracts the best of brains each year in JAMB + PUME and the cut off can be quite high, ranging from 280 to as high as 300 depending on the overall performance that year, with the highest cutoff scores being for those from south east + south south.

Which state are you from? Are you taking this upcoming JAMB next month?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 9:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
simba1:
I'm from Abia. And yes i'm taking this upcoming Utme.

The cut-off for Abia is usually high and you will need to work very hard to score at least 280 in this upcoming JAMB.

If you happen to not get into medicine this year, no worries. UNN has this course advertisement policy in which departments that don't have up to the required quota for admission 'advertise' their shortfalls or vacancies and if you're unable to get into your first-choice course you can apply for any of these advertised courses in the university so far as your cut-off reaches the cut-off for that program and you have o-level subjects that qualify you to apply to it. For example, medicine rejects can apply to microbiology, biochemistry, medical rehabilitation e.t.c. (recommended if you still have plans to switch to medicine), or engineering (once you have chem, phy, bio in addition to math and english), or economics (if you took economics in your waec) e.t.c. With a good score (200 and above) you will surely get into UNN, at least. In your first year as a non-medical student in any medicine-related course, you can either have a GPA of 4 points and switch to medicine in your second year or retake JAMB that same year, score higher (helpful at least with your advantage of being in the university already) and get into medicine (from first year again) for the following session.

UNN is a quality, prestigious, exciting and challenging school to be in. By making you work hard, it brings out the best in you. As a graduate of UNN, there is no condition, no matter how tough it is, you won't be able to handle. Her prestigious alumni across all breadth and corner of Nigeria and abroad speak of her quality.

3 Likes

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by simba1: 10:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
WOW! THANKS A MILLION! U COULDN'T HAVE EXPLAINED BETTER. Just what i needed 2 hear
bigfrancis21:

The cut-off for Abia is usually high and you will need to work very hard to score at least 280 in this upcoming JAMB.

If you happen to not get into medicine this year, no worries. UNN has this course advertisement policy in which departments that don't have up to the required quota for admission 'advertise' their shortfalls or vacancies and if you're unable to get into your first-choice course you can apply for any of these advertised courses in the university so far as your cut-off reaches the cut-off for that program and you have o-level subjects that qualify you to apply to it. For example, medicine rejects can apply to microbiology, biochemistry, medical rehabilitation e.t.c. (recommended if you still have plans to switch to medicine), or engineering (once you have chem, phy, bio in addition to math and english), or economics (if you took economics in your waec) e.t.c. With a good score (200 and above) you will surely get into UNN, at least. In your first year as a non-medical student in any medicine-related course, you can either have a GPA of 4 points and switch to medicine in your second year or retake JAMB that same year, score higher (helpful at least with your advantage of being in the university already) and get into medicine (from first year again) for the following session.

UNN is a quality, prestigious, exciting and challenging school to be in. By making you work hard, it brings out the best in you. As a graduate of UNN, there is no condition, no matter how tough it is, you won't be able to handle. Her prestigious alumni across all breadth and corner of Nigeria and abroad speak of her quality.
bt pls do u knw Last year's cut off?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 4:50am On Feb 24, 2015
Last year's cutoff for Enugu state for Medicine and Surgery was 287. Abia should be in the range of 287 +/- 5 points.

Stay updated here on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1576896/university-nigeria-unn-2014-2015/29
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by simba1: 7:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Thanks bt sum1 was argueing it's 290.5 officially
bigfrancis21:
Last year's cutoff for Enugu state for Medicine and Surgery was 287. Abia should be in the range of 287 +/- 5 points.

Stay updated here on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1576896/university-nigeria-unn-2014-2015/29
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Sunbellar: 10:53pm On Feb 24, 2015
We are the Super lions! Everywhere we roar!

1 Like

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Joshuadon: 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Funny you. grin

What's up?

do unn accept two sitting for medicine
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by otunbadan(m): 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2015
Ishilove:

Lion ko, pussy cat ni

So with all your schooling, you don't know u should have formed your own trend and not come here and be an ass
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 3:07pm On Mar 04, 2015
Joshuadon:

do unn accept two sitting for medicine

2 sittings as in?
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by Joshuadon: 3:14pm On Mar 04, 2015
bigfrancis21:

2 sittings as in?

two waec results combined together to meet up the required grade
Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Chatroom by bigfrancis21: 3:16pm On Mar 04, 2015
Joshuadon:

two waec results combined together to meet up the required grade

As of 2006-2007, when I was admitted into UNN, yes they were accepting 2 sittings then, but I am not so sure of now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Olajide Sanyaolu: Student Helped By Davido Graduates With First Class / Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression / Eleodichukwu Chukwuenyem: FUTO Student Dies After Slumping In Front Of Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.