Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? (4280 Views)

Ladies, Won't You Feel Disappointed? / Marriage Proposal: Does The Quality Of The Engagement Ring Matter? / After Breakup: Who Gets The Engagement Ring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by onyenro(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hello fellow NL... I am an upcomming enterprisising young man. I met a young lady some months ago and proposed marriage to her which she accepted in good fate. Having told her that 'I am not already made' which means i am God's work in progress. On a rrecent visit to talk about our introduction to her family which date has been sett for the 26th of this month, our clothes are ready, invited guests on standby etc only for her to tell me unilaterally that she has shifted the date to December.
Should i call of the entire relationship?
Should i start a Pseudo relationnship just incase?
Should i feel regret or disappointed?
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 04, 2013
Nna you for break the grammar down Biko

1 Like

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by bigtt76(f): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
Well, God's work in progress jam Marriage in progress equation balance noni

8 Likes

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 04, 2013
Why are you in a rush? Itz better this way you will have more time to really know her. Plus if you really love her you won't wana call it quits just because shez not yet ready
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by AbuMikey(m): 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2013
I'm looking for Caro undecided
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by donsteady(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2013
dont, just be patient with her, probably her decision is for the interest of the relationship, beside she need time to clear of some of her toasters and all of that.
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by techwiz4: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2013
Hey Guys, I heard this is the best school in abuja check it out http://faithfoundationschools.com/
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
Why not ask her the reason for the postponement
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by techwiz4: 10:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
hey this school is really romantic http://faithfoundationschools.com/
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by homesteady(m): 11:41pm On Oct 04, 2013
Maybe she don get another richer bobo! So she's just using style to tell you that the relationship is OVER

1 Like

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Enegod(m): 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2013
onyenro: Should i feel regret or disappointed?
it's ok...you can feel disappointed
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by baralatie(m): 12:19am On Oct 05, 2013
Why she changb dat why u want to brk so many questns
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 05, 2013
techwiz4: hey this school is really romantic http://faithfoundationschools.com/

School is romantic kwa?

1 Like

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 05, 2013
Dude she's keeping you by the side and probably hoping for a 'work completed' bobo

The ladies that responded initially are funny

first of all,

why should she adjust the dates without an understanding agreement from both sides?

Not even a notice

she doesn't believe in your 'work in progress '

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Princeparix(m): 7:55am On Oct 05, 2013
cant rilli stop thinking abt dis ish

Is it dat she wants u to meet the whole family during xmas family reunion?

Is it dat she wants a breakup?

Dnt kmw. Just get ur so-called-PSEUDO relationship.
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Princeparix(m): 7:56am On Oct 05, 2013
cant rilli stop thinking abt dis ish

Is it dat she wants u to meet the whole family during xmas family reunion?

Is it dat she wants a breakup?

Dnt kmw. Just get ur so-called-PSEUDO relationship.
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by HURUCHI(m): 8:00am On Oct 05, 2013
Abu Mikey: I'm looking for Caro undecided

no b carolina, then continue looking
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Exponental(m): 8:08am On Oct 05, 2013
How she tabled d issue matters. Did she just announce with(out) reasons or u discussed?
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by greedie1(f): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2013
what was her reason ? you should talk to her
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by ITbomb(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2013
If I could make sense into ur post ,
The annoying part is that she UNILATERALLY postponed it to december .
Sit her down n tell her that is not how things would be run. If u give in now , it will set a bad precedent and backing out when u don't really know her motives (could be for good) is equally not wise .
let her explain , if the motive is good then make sure you fix a date other than what she wanted

1 Like

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by MaziOmenuko: 9:25am On Oct 05, 2013
She needs time; don't try to force her into what she's not totally into. She has started reconsidering her options. Let her have the time she asked for.

They say a broken engagement is far more better than a broken marriage.
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Excellent7(m): 4:25pm On Oct 05, 2013
ITbomb: If I could make sense into ur post ,
The annoying part is that she UNILATERALLY postponed it to december .
Sit her down n tell her that is not how things would be run. If u give in now , it will set a bad precedent and backing out when u don't really know her motives (could be for good) is equally not wise .
let her explain , if the motive is good then make sure you fix a date other than what she wanted

Seconded!!!
You have to start early to take charge of your relationship "work in progress" or "work completed".
Whenever a guy decides to marry, he has become a grown man, and should begin to act same.

On a cautionary note, I have this feeling something may be cooking. Open your eyes! grin grin grin
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ask orunmila...orunmila said broken english is better than broken engagement
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Annie09: 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
I think you should ask her why she unilaterally postponed the introduction without seeking your opinion, then you can plan on how to work things out or decide on what to do.
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by pheyikemi: 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
@ Op, why then is your phone stammering
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by onyenro(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Thanx to you all. I stood my grounds and the date remain the one we earlier agreed to. I was later told that her mum did not have her full backing and that is over now....i apprecate
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Kirinwa: 8:54pm On Oct 12, 2013
Enegod: it's ok...you can feel disappointed
Like seriously?Does he require permission in this? grin

Okay am hungry.Should I chew the food or should I lick it? cry
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by yomanovic: 10:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
hang on, bro but nothing stops you from having a plan B. if it doesnt work, it does not work naani. life wont end due to that. it may be an opportunity to actualise God's plan for you.
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by Omolola1(f): 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
Congratulations.
I hope your wedding go as planned

1 Like

Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by PamelaGold1(f): 12:03am On Oct 13, 2013
UM THE GRAMMAR IS TOO MUCH, AND HOW ARE U GOD'S WORK IN PROGRESS? lipsrsealed DAT ONE NA EVERLASTING POVERTY NI O! lipsrsealed ABEG MAKE THE GIRL FIND HER CUBE ROOT FAST B4 DEVIL GO MANIFEST IN THAT RUBBISH ENGAGEMENT OF URS, U WAN PUNISH OMOLOMO FOR LIFE NI? DEM SWEAR FOR U? undecided
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by didicold(f): 8:08am On Oct 13, 2013
@op
toor, pele o, life happens
Re: I Feel Disappointed. Should I Call Off The Engagement? by rman: 9:14am On Oct 13, 2013
Why will a lady take a such a decision without informing her finacee?
Postponement is not the issue but not giving prior notice is strange.
That, MR OP is a very strong message she just passed across.

If you are absolutely convinced she is the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with, let her know there should be an agreement before such a decision can be made. What roles are the two families playing ( her's and your's )? Are both of you staying far apart from eachother?

Patience is a virtue. Relax and watch as events unfold before December, whatever her reasons are will be exposed by then. Unless she is top class pretender, her body langugage should tell you a lot whenever something like this is cooking if you are observant.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have The Sexiest Body On Nairaland(pictures) / My Father Has Been Testing My Virginity Every Year - Nigerian Girl Cries Out / I Am Confused! What Should I Do Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.