Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. (1638 Views)

JEGA: What President Jonathan Asks Me To Do About Election Result / JTF Declares Boko Haram Top Guns Wanted; N50m Bounty For Abubakar Shekau / Boko-Haram Leader Abubakar Shekau Killed By JTF In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Kenechy: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2013
[img]http://ireporterstv.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/I-Enjoy-Killing-Anyone-God-Asks-Me-To-Kill-Like-Chickens-%E2%80%93-Abubakar-Shekau.jpg[/img]Last month, we Nigerians received some startling news from the army: Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the militant Islamist group Boko Haram, which has killed some 3,000 people in northern Nigeria over the last four years, “might have died.”
The government has provided no proof of this claim. No corpse has been displayed, and Boko Haram, whose name loosely translates as “Western education is sinful,” has been silent on the matter.
Just a few days ago, Boko Haram militants set up a roadblock in the northern town of Benisheik and shot at least 87 people to death as they were trying to flee.
This would not be the first time we had heard false rumors of his death — there was one in 2009 — and many Nigerians believe the announcement was merely a ruse, designed to provoke Mr. Shekau into making a public appearance or statement, in the hope of flushing him out.
The theory is not so crazy: Boko Haram released a video a few days before the August announcement that purported to show Mr. Shekau, but the government said the man in the video was “an impostor.”
Given that the United States has placed a $7 million bounty on his head — a figure that puts him well up there in the terrorists’ league — there is plenty of incentive to get hold of Mr. Shekau, especially for soldiers in the three states in northern Nigeria where the sect is believed to be holding out, and where a state of emergency was declared a few months ago.
Little is actually known about Mr. Shekau, except for his taste for killing. In a rare video clip released early last year, he said, “I enjoy killing anyone that God commands me to kill — the way I enjoy killing chickens and rams.”
Mr. Shekau’s ascent to power — and the concomitant increase in violence — followed the extrajudicial execution of the sect’s founder, Mohammed Yusuf, by the police in 2009.
This singular event, which was also videotaped, gave Mr. Shekau the excuse he needed to start bombing churches and schools in what quickly became a reign of terror.
But the virulence of his murderous campaign points to a much deeper problem: the power struggle between the largely Islamic north and the largely Christian south.
From independence in 1960 until the return of democracy in 1999, Nigeria was ruled almost exclusively by elites (largely military) from the north, who practically believed that they had a divine right to govern.
By 1999, the elite accepted that its monopoly on power was no longer feasible, and allowed a southerner of its choosing, Olusegun Obasanjo, to emerge as president for two four-year terms, on the understanding that the presidency would return to the north afterward.
A northerner, Umaru Yar’Adua, indeed took over in 2007, but he died in office nearly three years later, and was succeeded by his deputy, Goodluck Jonathan, a southerner, who was supposed to act as a caretaker but then decided to run in 2011.
He initially promised to serve just one full term, but has now reneged and talks about pursuing a second term in the next election, in 2015.
Why does this regional struggle matter? It’s partly a curse of the bonanza of crude oil in the south, the control of which is the raison d’être of our government.
As one northern ruler put it during the oil-price rises of the 1970s, Nigeria’s problem is not money, but how to spend it.
Decades later, Nigeria — the world’s seventh most populous country — is the world’s second-largest importer of Champagne but is unable to deliver more than a few hours of electricity a day.
The southerners who inhabit the oil-producing Niger Delta, which financed the northern elite’s decades-long party, have awakened to the theft of their resources and started demanding greater political representation.
Some have purloined their region’s crude wealth to buy military hardware on the high seas. Unlike Boko Haram, however, these militants are mostly focused on securing autonomy for the delta, not on imposing a radical religious ideology.
By the time Boko Haram started its own, far more ferocious, brand of violence four years ago, the case for a continued northern monopoly on power seemed lost.
That’s why some Nigerians believe that the northern elite quietly tolerated — or even abetted — the sect, as a way to bog down Mr. Jonathan’s government, and to preserve the privileges of political patronage by keeping resources flowing to the north.
Mr. Jonathan himself has accused some leading northern politicians of consorting with Boko Haram. Muhammadu Buhari, a northern leader, former military officer and frequent presidential candidate, who plans to run again in 2015, has declined to condemn the terrorist group and has accused the government of hypocrisy.
Niger Delta militants “were given money, and a training scheme was introduced for their members,” he said, while in contrast, “when Boko Haram emerged, members of the sect were killed.”
This is a ludicrous comparison, but a sad measure of the gulf between the two sides fighting for the soul of this country.
The problem goes beyond Boko Haram, which in any case appears to be splitting into several splinter groups, some expanding their reach beyond Nigeria.
It may have been just such a splinter group that kidnapped members of a French family over the border in Cameroon in February and held them for two months.
As the latest deadly attacks in the north show, it hardly matters whether Mr. Shekau is dead or not. The killings continue, which is why the state of emergency is unlikely to end anytime soon.

http://newsinfok..com/2013/10/i-enjoy-killing-those-god-asks-me-to.html
Like this page for more gist & info....
https://www.facebook.com/newsinfok
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by donphilopus: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2013
This Guy shall die a mysterious Death, if you believe that,
click like

6 Likes

Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Uchexxy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
best thing for nigeria is to be extinct...let d country be divided and everybody go to answer his fathers name.....my humble opinion

2 Likes

Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by fagbalex(m): 2:09am On Oct 05, 2013
the writer is insane.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by egift(m): 4:50am On Oct 05, 2013
donphilopus: This Guy shall die a mysterious Death, if you believe that,
click like

I believe/support that but am not clicking - why are you always begging for Likes?

3 Likes

Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by fastguy10: 4:59am On Oct 05, 2013
Soon those dat he killed will also enjoy killing him
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by fastguy10: 4:59am On Oct 05, 2013
egift:

I believe/support that but am not clicking - why are you always begging for Likes?
Hahahahahahaha
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by cashkidisback(m): 6:54am On Oct 05, 2013
ur days ar numbered n u shall b be roasted in dt bomb..islam remains a curse to any nation

2 Likes

Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by donphilopus: 7:02am On Oct 05, 2013
egift:

you click LIKE, you no click LIKE ooo! That doesn't affect me, Life still Continues
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Licensed2Kill(m): 7:04am On Oct 05, 2013
I neva even enjoyed killin a chicken
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 05, 2013
Hahahahaha... This boy is mad and does not have a brain.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by ChiSun27(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2013
Hw who kills by the sword shall die by the sword.

Shekau...your death shall know no measures IJN. A.

Vampire like you.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by donpetros: 8:03am On Oct 05, 2013
Thats how he and his members will also be killed like chickens
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by villagate: 8:04am On Oct 05, 2013
cashkid is back: ur days ar numbered n u shall b be roasted in dt bomb..islam remains a curse to any nation
please leave islam out of this,it has been establish that the bible contains more inflammatory verses than the quran.the man is insane and dont attached his religion to his deeds.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by aljazira: 8:11am On Oct 05, 2013
cashkid is back: ur days ar numbered n u shall b be roasted in dt bomb..islam remains a curse to any nation
YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS GUY IS MAD AND INSANE,PLEASE DETACH HIS BEHAVIOR FROM HIS FAITH.MORE THAN HAVE OF PROSTITUTES,CRIMINALS,ASSASSINS,419ERS,ECONOMY MANIPULATORS AND MANUFACTURERS OF THESE WEAPONS SHEKARAU USES,TO MENTION BUT A FEW ARE CHRISTIANS.DO YOU THEN SAYS BIBLE OR CHRISTIANITY IS BEHIND IT?
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by farintusa: 8:17am On Oct 05, 2013
IN TIMES OF NUMBER OF HOUSES THAT HAS BEEN DESTROYED OR BOMBED,CHURCHES HAVE SUFFERED MORE THAN ANY FROM THIS SATANIC GROUP.HOWEVER MUSLIMS HAVE THE HIGHEST NUMBER OF DEATHS RESULTING FROM BOKO HARAM INSURGENCY.THIS MAY SOUND FUNNY OR SURPRISE BUT THAT IS THE TRUTH.TO SUBSCRIBE THAT WITH HIS FAITH,BROS THINK AGAIN .
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by lorddannie: 8:19am On Oct 05, 2013
Spread the news and pray against boko haram violence. View the link below to see video clip(viewer's descretion advised) https://www.nairaland.com/1465377/gory-video-clips-girl-captured
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by goodpath: 8:21am On Oct 05, 2013
WHY ARE WE LIKE THIS IN THIS COUNTRY?INSTEAD OF US TO COLLECTIVELY CONDEMN THIS BARBARIC ACT,YOU ARE BOMBARDING HIS FAITH AS IF CHRISTIANS DONT HAVE BAD EGGS TOO.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by greenremote: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2013
see your life!charcoal calling kettle black shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 05, 2013
aljazira: YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS GUY IS MAD AND INSANE,PLEASE DETACH HIS BEHAVIOR FROM HIS FAITH.MORE THAN HAVE OF PROSTITUTES,CRIMINALS,ASSASSINS,419ERS,ECONOMY MANIPULATORS AND MANUFACTURERS OF THESE WEAPONS SHEKARAU USES,TO MENTION BUT A FEW ARE CHRISTIANS.DO YOU THEN SAYS BIBLE OR CHRISTIANITY IS BEHIND IT?

Mr. Man, you should engage your brain more rigorously, if possible. Assuming (but not conceding) that "more than have" (sic) of criminals are Christians as you gleefully claim, have you ever seen a case where their criminality was perpetrated in the name of Jesus Christ or God, or where the Bible was used to justify their criminality as acting in obedience to God's commandments? Is this not ALWAYS the case with you muslim terrorists all over the world who kill and destroy in the name of Mohammed and Allah? This is the key difference that you clever-by-half mohammedans ALWAYS fail to recognise.

I guess it must have something to do with hitting your foreheads frequently on the ground in supplication to your Allah. Physical trauma to the head can permanently impair one's sense.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by ow11(m): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2013
Actually, humans that enjoy seeing other humans suffer and die have always existed from the dawn of time (or should I say since humans began to live in communities). Someone can even argue that religious folk who speak with glee at the thought of watching their adulterous neighbours and friends burn in hot flames whilst drenched in undiluted sulphuric acid forever and ever are cut from the same stock. I digress. . .

Back to the topic, now Shekau and people like him have always been with us. The only difference is that Shekau has managed to refine his methods and kill on a much larger scale. He is a psychopath and through no fault of his, is unable to show empathy. He just has an idea that is convenient to hide his utter lack of empathy under (Islam).

Even if Shekau becomes born again tomorrow, he would still kill people. Rather than insult the religion, society should fight the idea of murder justification with better ideas and alternatives whilst those humans unfortunate enough to be born with a faulty anterior insular cortex be culled and put in homes before they learn to use a weapon.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by BabaEleko(m): 9:21am On Oct 05, 2013
I can't wait to play monkey post with Shekau's head. angry
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2013
aljazira: YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS GUY IS MAD AND INSANE,PLEASE DETACH HIS BEHAVIOR FROM HIS FAITH.MORE THAN HAVE OF PROSTITUTES,CRIMINALS,ASSASSINS,419ERS,ECONOMY MANIPULATORS AND MANUFACTURERS OF THESE WEAPONS SHEKARAU USES,TO MENTION BUT A FEW ARE CHRISTIANS.DO YOU THEN SAYS BIBLE OR CHRISTIANITY IS BEHIND IT?
what else shd we believe? Shekarau ideology is base on islam, n he uses d name of islam to kill. Ever since humans inherited d sins of Adam n Eve, it bcame human nature to do evil but d good thing is dat dis evil can b manage dat why we have institutions like education n religion. No religion encourage evil expect cult. So what is it in Islam dat drives some pple to do dis evil act. There but b ideology dat back dis act.That d truth.
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2013
Muslims are not happy!

They're not happy in Gaza.
They're not happy in Egypt.
They're not happy in Libya.
They're not happy in Morocco.
They're not happy in Iran.
They're not happy in Iraq.
They're not happy in Yemen.
They're not happy in Afghanistan.
They're not happy in Syria.
In Lebanon the're not happy.

So, where are they happy?.

They're happy in Australia.
They're happy in England.
They're happy in France.
They're happy in Sweden.
They're happy in Norway.
They're happy in USA.
They're happy in every country that is not Islamic!

And who do they blame? Not Islam. Not their leadership. Not themselves. THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN! AND THEY WANT TO CHANGE THEM TO BE LIKE THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM, WHERE THEY WERE SO
UNHAPPY.

1 Like

Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2013

Stop spewing thrash. You said he's mad and yet shekau publicly challenged ANY muslim to refute his allegation that allah commaned to carry out this various killings. he said his reasons for incessant genocide has the backings of allah from quaran. He dared any muslim/islam scholar to prove him wrong so that he can prove it to them, but alas, none could, because secretly, they(muslims) know his demonic and inhumane ideologies are borne out of the teachings of islam.

And don't bring up your dumbazz "christianity" arguement. Which terrorist gropu do you see asking group of innocent citizens about "the name of jesus' mother" before slaying them like fowls?. Which christian terror group bomb themselves in the midst of innocent people and justifying it by saying God commanded them to do so?. Which xtian terrorist group killed in the JESUS?. Where in the bible did God command such atrocities to be carried out in his name?. You said 419ers?, prostitutes?. Are not muslims committing such acts?. How does prostitution equates to murder/genocide?. The westerners manufactures this bombs, this devil reject, shekau and his blood sucking imbeciless use in maiming innocent lives; yet they preach against westernization. They use the phones, drive the cars, use the web, all made possible by the west and yet are against the whites. What a hypocritical and dumb deluded lot!!. *spits*

1 Like

Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
ow11: He just has an idea that it is convenient to hide his utter lack of empathy under Islam .

Good, but can you tell us WHY it is convenient for Shekau and ALL other terrorists to hide their "utter lack of empathy" under Islam? Why Islam? Why ALWAYS Islam?
Re: I Enjoy Killing Those God Asks Me To Kill Like Chickens – Abubakar Shekau. by ow11(m): 2:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
pro01:

Good, but can you tell us WHY it is convenient for Shekau and ALL other terrorists to hide their "utter lack of empathy" under Islam? Why Islam? Why ALWAYS Islam?

Assume you were living in the middle East in the 12th century and every now and again, marauding hordes of horsemen come riding in and leaving dead bodies in their wake. Their reason? Cleansing the HOLY land!

Assume you lived in Amalek in the 9th Century BC and some men come rushing in and kill every one in your village including goats and chickens. Their reason? God told them to

Assume you were living in a village in Uganda in 1990 and a group of men come rushing through, Kill all the men and rape the women. Their reason? They need to establish the Ten commandments as the sole law in Uganda.

Assume you live in Sierra Leone in 1996, Some men come to your village and chops up everyone's hand. Their reason? Why did you guys vote?

Assume you lived in a tiny village in what is now Mexico in the 16th century. One day a group of men come killing and plundering. Their reason? You guys worship the wrong god and we need your gold/'riches'.

Are we going to blame Christianity, Judaism, Democracy and Capitalism for these murders? OR do you see how humans would readily use anything as an excuse to KILL!

Today, it is Islam and you can scream yourself hoarse and even ban Islam if you can but without a different ideology and a desire to cull murderous psychopaths, mass murders will not end! So to answer your question, Islam has a message that is convenient to fill their urge just like Ateke and Asari turned a turf war into a fight for self-determination because it was a convenient message people can relate to.

Sort of a way to buy some sympathy and not come across as murderous thugs that they actually are!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Death: Lawyer And Assistant Found Dead In Their Car. / 'mandela Died In June'...family Finally Admits / Boko Haram Have Nigerians Where They Want With Latest Media Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.