Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Islamic Names And Their Meanings - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Names And Their Meanings (200186 Views)

List Of Female Muslim Names And Their Meanings / Islamic names for your kids / Muslim Names And Their Beautiful Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 31, 2010
@Davidylan
The meaning of the name Dylan is Son Of The Sea
davidylan:

No wonder! cheesy cheesy

The origin of the name Dylan is Welsh, a proper name. moniker my foot,

davidylan:

What a confounded fellow. Type[b] "moniker" [/b] into google and see what you come up with . . . lol Dylan is a moniker? See why i say these christians are the very definition of falsehood.
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by me5: 10:38pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hey!
CAn someone tell me the right meaning of name Huzayl.
I know its meaning is bin shurah bil has this name, BUt can anyone explain me the
who was Bin shurah bil, ?
THanks,
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by me5: 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2010
CAn someone send me the list of Islamic names start with 'H' smiley
THanks,
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by zubeyr(m): 1:20am On Sep 29, 2010
Nice job Mukina but next time make sure you differentiate between the Arabic and Islamic names not all Arabic names are Islamic names even though more Islamic names are Arabic the right title should have been Arabic names and their meanings
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by ifyalways(f): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2011
Had to wake this thread again.
What is the meaning of the name Omar? I need to know ASAP.
Salams.
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by mukina2: 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2011
^ means long -lived.
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by ifyalways(f): 12:29pm On Feb 05, 2011
mukina2:

^ means long -lived.
Thank you so much.
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by deols(f): 9:48am On Aug 24, 2012
I love the name, Ameera(leader, princess) cheesy

IA, am gonna call my daughter Baheera(dazzling, brilliant) kiss kiss

and as a nickname, dunyana(our world) smiley smiley

Jawahir(jewels)& nabeela(noble) are two other names I like wink
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by ummsulaym(f): 7:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
javalove: good work u r doing. May Allah reward u abundantly.

i joke alot ooo. Na only 1 i dey plan oooo but if Allah says 4, bismillah! cheesy

funny but true... Still laughing
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by usermane(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
PEACE TO YOU.
Those are not neccessary Islamic names. They are arabic names. There were muslims among the people of the scriptures and they didn't bear such names. Musa according the hebrew torah was Moshés, Isa was Yeshua/Esua according to hebrew gospel and many more. There were disbelievers with such names you guys already mentioned but on accepting isam, they didn't change their names.
We of course have to give ourselves beautiful names but beautiful names aren't restricted to arabic alone.
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by ummsulaym(f): 1:37am On Oct 09, 2013
Islamic names? I think we should stick to 'Arabic names' cuz it's more appropriate...

Personally, I love ghumaysa as a name but since i share a same kuniya 'ummsulaym' with her, no problem... Eeeeeehhhhhnnnnn, I love summayya alot too and wish my first daughter have that as a name In shaa Allah...

Nice post bro, u really tried!!! Masalam
Re: Islamic Names And Their Meanings by apho: 1:34am On Aug 02, 2019
Please what is the meaning of Modinat?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Names Of 7 Gates To Jahannam And 8 Gates To Jannah. / ...... / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.