Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,704 members, 7,805,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) (1630 Views)

10 Most Expensive Wrist Watches Nigerians May Have / Does Wearing Necklace Makes A Man Irresponsible ? / N14.2M For World's Most Expensive T-Shirt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by ShoyemiDT: 8:00am On Oct 05, 2013
The adorable piece and beautiful it would make anyone look couple of times because of how attractive it is, what came to my mind was 'wow'.

The world's most expensive necklace, L’Incomparable has gone onsale for £34million( 8.7 billion naira) The piece was found in a dirt lump by a poverty-stricken African girl. The flawless yellow gem has more than 407 carats. The necklace is studded with 90
white diamonds weighing nearly 230 carats L’Incomparable was found in its rough state weighing 890 carats by a poor African girl as she played in a pile of rubble outside her uncle’s house in the town of Mbuji Mayi in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

When the girl’s uncle saw the lump, he was convinced it was of value and sold it to local African diamond dealers for an unknown sum.The dealers, in turn, sold it to a group of Lebanese buyers operating from Kinshasa, Kenya. Guinness named it the world’s most valuable necklace in 2013 It was created by luxury jeweller Mouawad and is being offered for sale at a Singapore jewellery show. Only serious potential buyers will get the chance to try it on. For the L’Incomparable is protected by an army of security guards, plain-clothed supervisors, cameras, and motion detectors. Yet ‘serious interest’ has been shown by two potential buyers from Asia, Mouawad’s managing director Jean Nasr confirmed.

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/10/world-most-expensive-necklace.html

Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 05, 2013
Chineke!! 8.7 billion?? That can feed me and my children to my 10th generation o...women and jewels, what can seperate them??
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by Caracta(f): 8:27am On Oct 05, 2013
Beautiful!
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by eaglechild: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2013
It will soon go on sale in Singapore.
I believe some of the money should go to charity in order to help the local community where the diamond came from.
I believe they must have sold it for a token not knowing the true worth.
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2013
eaglechild: It will soon go on sale in Singapore.
I believe some of the money should go to charity in order to help the local community where the diamond came from.
I believe they must have sold it for a token not knowing the true worth.
because of illiteracy....it blinds you from seeing the great potentials and treasures you have....God help Africa!
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by demelza: 1:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Why the emphasis on calling the girl poor? Yes we know she wont be that well off, but is that the only adjective to use in qualifying her? angry
Anyway, whoever buys this necklace should also contract an army unit to safeguard their house.
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by homesteady(m): 1:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
And somebody will buy it cry
#Money Miss Road
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by mspee(f): 4:11pm On Oct 05, 2013
Wow! Me likey kiss
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by Uglyduckling: 2:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
Seen! It ain't even appealing to me.
Re: World's Most Expensive Necklace Found In Lump (PHOTOS) by Yvete(f): 6:14pm On Oct 06, 2013
demelza: Why the emphasis on calling the girl poor? Yes we know she wont be that well off, but is that the only adjective to use in qualifying her? angry

Thank You! Thought I am the only one put off by the 'poverty stricken African girl" in the article. Hope she got a good sum too ...

(1) (Reply)

Free Image Entertainment Presents Miss Idoma 2014 / 마포키스방↔줄리엣「분당휴게방」 밤워 연신내키스방 / Lady Steps Out In The Craziest Dressing You Have Ever Seen (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.