Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,537 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:29 PM

The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road (1065 Views)

Benin Ore Road During OBJ Admin And GEJ Admin (pic) / Nightmares On Benin-ore Road Before Goodluck's Tenure; See What GEJ Has Done! / More Progress On Benin-ore Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2013
It was a very stressful and annoying day for me on friday when i was on my way from delta state,during the course of the journey it seemed nice from delta state,we stoped at ore for usual eating,on our way not too far from ore we met a traffic jam,..... Its jus an hold up we said, but 10 mins was getting to 30,we endured,for like one hour,until some people nad to go check wat was happening,dey trekked and trekked till dey got to the end of hold up,dey came back,with lost hopes,saying a trailler got spoilt dere,we waited n waited 30 mins was getting to 2hours,until we got to know dat its was d terrible state of d road which was d cause not d trailer alone.
People had started taken bike,wat wil i do,i had to stay put o. We waited,even d army could not do anything,to control d movement,cos,no body want to give chance to anyone(typical nigerian styl).
2hours to 3 hours,still in ore.
Worst of all dere was no traffic warden to come to d rescue or road saftey. 3 hours to 4 hours,it was on d fourth hour dat we started seeing improvement hmmm,i thanked God sha,our bus started moving,till we go to d spot,d hole i saw dere was shambolic n disgraceful to a federal road. By Gods grace we left d hold up.
This hold up of a thing that we thought had been dealt with is now rising up its head again,d painful part was dat my phone was not one to take some photos for uploading,so i urge u that will read this,n u have a photo of the road pls help and upload it here,.
I thought to myself in the bus,that it will be good if i put this topic on nairaland so we can share our experiences and our lamentation,God willing a government delegate can view this thread thats my prayer.
God bless Nigeria,God bless nairaland
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2013
ditrix: It was a very stressful and annoying day for me on friday when i was on my way from delta state,during the course of the journey it seemed nice from delta state,we stoped at ore for usual eating,on our way not too far from ore we met a traffic jam,..... Its jus an hold up we said, but 10 mins was getting to 30,we endured,for like one hour,until some people nad to go check wat was happening,dey trekked and trekked till dey got to the end of hold up,dey came back,with lost hopes,saying a trailler got spoilt dere,we waited n waited 30 mins was getting to 2hours,until we got to know dat its was d terrible state of d road which was d cause not d trailer alone.
People had started taken bike,wat wil i do,i had to stay put o. We waited,even d army could not do anything,to control d movement,cos,no body want to give chance to anyone(typical nigerian styl).
2hours to 3 hours,still in ore.
Worst of all dere was no traffic warden to come to d rescue or road saftey. 3 hours to 4 hours,it was on d fourth hour dat we started seeing improvement hmmm,i thanked God sha,our bus started moving,till we go to d spot,d hole i saw dere was shambolic n disgraceful to a federal road. By Gods grace we left d hold up.
This hold up of a thing that we thought had been dealt with is now rising up its head again,d painful part was dat my phone was not one to take some photos for uploading,so i urge u that will read this,n u have a photo of the road pls help and upload it here,.
I thought to myself in the bus,that it will be good if i put this topic on nairaland so we can share our experiences and our lamentation,God willing a government delegate can view this thread thats my prayer.
God bless Nigeria,God bless nairaland
sometime ago, we saw a thread and pictures about the 'renovation of that expressway' what happened?? Or did they abandon the project...you said you used that road, did you see any sign of a renovated road?
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by nettan: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2013
@ditrix
what time did you get to Lagos eventually? i spoke to my driver when he was approaching ore at 3 pm yesterday, he has not arrived Lagos up till now. is it that bad?
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2013
nettan: @ditrix
what time did you get to Lagos eventually? i spoke to my driver when he was approaching ore at 3 pm yesterday, he has not arrived Lagos up till now. is it that bad?
i droped at redemption camp,and it was after 6 by den
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: sometime ago, we saw a thread and pictures about the 'renovation of that expressway' what happened?? Or did they abandon the project...you said you used that road, did you see any sign of a renovated road?
its was been renovated,but u knw d story of nigeria n sub standard things. And anoda ppl i'm suspecting r dose selling at d road syd
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 10:53am On Oct 05, 2013
We nid more experiences
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 11:40am On Oct 05, 2013
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by IGBOSON1: 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
ditrix: its was been renovated,but u knw d story of nigeria n sub standard things. And anoda ppl i'm suspecting r dose selling at d road syd

^^^At the bolded: I won't be surprised if that was the case! The same thing is likely to happen with power infrastructure like transformers, power lines and cables.....vandalised for political/badbelle and pecuniary interests!
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by IGBOSON1: 1:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
nobody wan give chance for nobody!

^^^Pretty much sums up Nigeria doesn't it? grin grin grin
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by Bozidar: 2:01pm On Oct 05, 2013
It's not Benin-Ore road per say, It's 2km( Ore towards Lagos) after the J-4 area in Ogun state that has that bad spot and is causing the hardship on that road. From Benin to Ore is very good with no potholes except near Ore.

3 Likes

Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by Ewarrior: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: sometime ago, we saw a thread and pictures about the 'renovation of that expressway' what happened?? Or did they abandon the project...you said you used that road, did you see any sign of a renovated road?

I wonder o! Sincere9gerian and his team were all over nairaland telling us about d perfect state of d road... So it was all LIES.

Nawa o! shocked
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 2:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^At the bolded: I won't be surprised if that was the case! The same thing is likely to happen with power infrastructure like transformers, power lines and cables.....vandalised for political/badbelle and pecuniary interests!
its a very sad case,i pray it should not go near dat power sector o
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 2:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Pretty much sums up Nigeria doesn't it? grin grin grin
yes o,cos we think say if we give chance we go b d dull person
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 2:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
Bozidar: It's not Benin-Ore road per say, It's 2km( Ore towards Lagos) after the J-4 area in Ogun state that has that bad spot and is causing the hardship on that road. From Benin to Ore is very good with no potholes except near Ore.
i would like to know d day u used the road last,because,we where just leaving where our bus stoped for refreshment
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 2:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
Ewarrior:

I wonder o! Sincere9gerian and his team were all over nairaland telling us about d perfect state of d road... So it was all LIES.

Nawa o! shocked
d road was in state dat was smhw near good,but it was not perfect
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by Bozidar: 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
ditrix: i would like to know d day u used the road last,because,we where just leaving where our bus stoped for refreshment

Dude I passed that road on Wednesday, was lucky , I used one way and when I got to the bad spot, some police/SSS where controlling traffic and passed me.
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 4:18pm On Oct 05, 2013
Bozidar:

Dude I passed that road on Wednesday, was lucky , I used one way and when I got to the bad spot, some police/SSS where controlling traffic and passed me.
had it been our driver took one way we would hv left in 2hours or so,bt he was scared of d company monitoring team(g.agufure motors),na one way sure pass but if lasma catch for lagos e go worst pass holy mallam own. But yesterday na boys con dey control d road,nigerians r smat ppl,dey had to allow fifteen vehicles pass from one lane den allow for d oda lane,if not na road we for sleep yesterday. Army ppl clear dere road go deir own way
Re: The Disappointing State Of The Benin-ore Road by ditrix(m): 10:33am On Oct 07, 2013
Gud day

(1) (Reply)

Senate Leaders Reach Deal To Avoid Default, End Shutdown / US Council On Foreign Relations [CFR] Acknowledges Shekau Imposter Fake Videos / Would This Have Been A Better Solution To Stop Tribal Divisions In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.