Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

DStv Raises Charges Again. - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DStv Raises Charges Again. (62125 Views)

Usher Charges Iphone In Woman's Private Part!!!! / The Figurine Raises The Bar For Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by mercato: 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
Rubbish
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Lordave: 5:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's actually true. Tinubu is starting his own cable using the TVC platform. I also heard he's going to buy the premiership rights.
until I hear otherwise
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Fadelex(m): 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
I was so annoyed when I saw d sms this morning, can u imagine, in the last 3months, they've removed eurosport news, espn, espn classic and recently i concert... this people cannot continue to milk us like dis... what is NBC doin about dis? I heard of one ABG cable, that its for 19k and 3k subscription per month and that they show virtually all matches available on dstv.... I'll rather add 8k to dat 12k and get d cable... if our government won't do anything about it I beg my fellow Nigerians to just abandon dstv and get alternative... just like mtn, they have no interest of Nigerians @ heart

2 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by MaziOmenuko: 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
MCL, CTL and PBS has knocked them out of the market at PH and environs. With N2,100 per month, you have unlimited viewership of Epl, champs league and other entertaining channels.

7 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by victorv12(m): 5:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
They know Nigerians are gullible and won't complain. And after all the gra-gra and shakara, most people will end up paying their bills on the high price. That's why Jonathan gave us SURE-P, and we swallowed it!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Afam4eva(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko: MCL, CTL and PBS has knocked them out of the market at PH and environs. With N2,100 per month, you have unlimited viewership of Epl, champs league and other entertaining channels.
Nna, idikwa sure? With N2100 per month?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by write2obi(m): 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2013
What happened to HI TV pls?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by beatricewebb: 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
My decoder for sale pls come and buy.......sometimes i wonder if there is govt in this country,we need send this pple parking.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sarutobie(m): 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Why bother about DSTV when MCL gives me ALL the live football games,CNN,foxtv,E!,Mtvbase and tracetv,nateowild,aljazeera and 30 more worthwhile channels..make dem try front jor!

3 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by yemi2plus(m): 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
I hope you know GOTV is owned by DSTV.
Thanks! I never knew. Anything more that 1500naira is a No No No for me.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nosyke(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
armadeo: I received this message from DSTV this morning, I honestly don't understand why the costs should go up.

Dear Subscriber, pls note increase in your DStv (Premium) subscription from 01.11.13. Your new subscription will be N11,650 per month. Thanks for your support.

I mean what exactly am I paying for repeated programs, rainy day no shows. This people should take their time.

Not to talk of taking forever for the almighty 24 channels to boot. Imagine you were watching an interesting programe and the power goes off (you don't have a UPS).

2 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by flolancracker: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
175:
Abeg just give likes for no reason cos I no fit talk any better tin put for dis matter as I don't have DSTV decoder
ode
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by yemi2plus(m): 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
sarutobie: Why bother about DSTV when MCL gives me ALL the live football games,CNN,foxtv,E!,Mtvbase and tracetv,nateowild,aljazeera and 30 more worthwhile channels..make dem try front jor!
How much for the decoder and monthly pay?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by ify84(m): 5:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
my tv... all d way... I even like d highlights of football dan wasting hours watching each... with mytv, I get d highlights, don't blame d govt... switch to another dish simple...
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Luizkid(m): 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
STRONG: Robust Digital Receiving equipment for Africagrin
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
with all their wishcraft movies abi? sad undecided
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
Kai.Dstv price increase,fuel price done follow rise up.Choi.Nawa o
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
ify84: my tv... all d way... I even like d highlights of football dan wasting hours watching each... with mytv, I get d highlights, don't blame d govt... switch to another dish simple...
Are yu for real??
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by omajali2003(m): 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
undecidedMyTv and Joy TV are free. Wisdom is profitable to direct undecided
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
dazzy4real:

This is very simple just unsubscribe thats the way we can win this
I told him I don't want dstv wahala o! He was like "baby, dstv is the best there is". Now there is a price increase, this one no consign me at all!
Dearie, OVER!

3 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sarutobie(m): 5:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
yemi2plus:
How much for the decoder and monthly pay?
The decoder is about 18k when we bought it last 2 years..the monthly subscription is 2,100
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
Nosyke:

Not to talk of taking forever for the almighty 24 channels to boot. Imagine you were watching an interesting programe and the power goes off (you don't have a UPS).
Na because of it, I missed Drogba's winning penalty in last 2 yrs Cl final
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
I thought I was the only one that the text was mearnt for.
Please which package Also shows the channel 200. Where they show highlights. Coz paying that amount plus buying fuel will be too much. I should start thinking about my retirement.

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by double08(m): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nna, idikwa sure? With N2100 per month?

Truuu
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by valigil: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sorry for posting this here, I opened a thread, I have no idea where it went to, and if I check my profile, it says 1 topic, but it list in the record don't know what I ei, assist pls.

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
Only if i was dangote or mike adenuga,dstv would av been history in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by iGeneral: 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
valigil: Sorry for posting this here, I opened a thread, I have no idea where it went to, and if I check my profile, it says 1 topic, but it list in the record don't know what I ei, assist pls.

Pls help! Here's someone looking for his missing ileya goat.

2 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by theripper3: 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Na dis south west area I know say DSTV get mouth o, for east and PH, u no go see their Mast abi na dish anywhere and they pay a pittance for quality.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by McLuhan(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2013
Sincerely, I have never been overly enamoured with DSTV. Granted, I love foreign news channels, especially BBC, Sky News, and CNN. I also fancy National Geographic Wild. But I am exasperated by what I see as the exploitation of Nigerian viewers by DSTV's parent company, Multichoice. When I started working, I used to pay a monthly subscription fee of N9,000 for the premium bouquet. I did this every month for some time until I realised that I was cheating myself, since I had neither the time nor the interest to watch the pot-pourri of channels they offered - channels that ranged from the admittedly useful to the plain absurd. I then opted for less expensive bouquets until finally I left them entirely for free-to-air satellite TV providers.

My advice is if one is not using DSTV for commercial purposes and one is not a English-football freak, there is really no reason to dole out such cash every month for pay-TV viewership, except you consider it a status symbol. Get a Strong decoder instead and connect to the Joy TV franchise from Ghana or Dokpesi's DAARSAT. Alternatively, get a dongle and access various content providers free. Just my advice, though.

8 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
sarutobie:
The decoder is about 18k when we bought it last 2 years..the monthly subscription is 2,100

Does it work outside PH?
Nigerians have to create competition! What is all this?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by gbokukueba(m): 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2013
When a Nigerian had the opportunity to send DSTV back to Mzanzi what did he do... he started storming viewing centres with policemen to harras business owners, then he went on a buying spree with the latest range of cars... today DSTV is back on the driver's seat and there is no competition forget all those funny cable stations they will fizzle away in no time...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV / BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.