Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,044 members, 7,807,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

Alter Ego: Redefining Alcoholism- Wole Salami - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Alter Ego: Redefining Alcoholism- Wole Salami (634 Views)

Is 190 Seuns Alter Ego? / Is Expressway Courier Services Salami Str Garki Abuja Real / Whites And Alcoholism(a Pictorial Tribute) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alter Ego: Redefining Alcoholism- Wole Salami by reflections(m): 11:41am On Oct 05, 2013
Just giving an intro to this piece because of my respect for this guy in writing and drinking, also because of the cravings of certain readers for his work. You can follow him on twitter @woletino and contact me if you wanna get to him directly. Enjoy! - Gbotemi Falade

Relief in the bottom of a drink, is an over use cliché that all sober people would gleefully point to my alcohol-soaked brain to be only a product of culturally correct though morally and from a prejudiced point of view a no do good er. Yes I am alcoholic and proud of it! Mind you, by alcoholic I do not mean the image perpetuated by African magic of a wasted middle class man having problem both in his marriage and professional career and as such finding relief in the bottom of a bottle while also inadvertently ending up in the gully on his way home.
I seek to redefine what an alcoholic is by using my not so perfect life as a paradigm of a new wave of alcoholism that is premise on intellectual freedom only which alcohol would help release. Many of you would quite remember some of our childhood super heroes who possess super powers but not until they have adorn themselves with one prop or the other. So, for example we would see Green lantern becoming a hero through his ring, Batman in his custom made suit becomes a relentless and formidable opponent, Thor and his hammer, Ironman and his million dollar robo-tecno suit and of course Leo Messi with his addidas boots(apologies to all madristas). The point that I am trying to make is that it's high time that Professor Xavier school of the gifted enrol my kind of superhero. Yea, I said it, am a superhero. If you doubt the previous statement then allow me to dispel your scepticism (takes a swig from the bottle). First of all (go down low) being a hero implies engaging in heroic deeds. Heroic deeds therefore constitute those deeds that are bourne out of altruistic motive while also sacrificing one's being if necessary to stop the proliferation of evil(whatever that is). http://www.gbotemireflections..co.uk/2013/10/alter-ego-redefining-alcoholism-wole.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

! / A Site That Has All What Facebook Have Plus More Has Just Been Created By A Nige / Guys, Can You Wash Your Lady's Underwear?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.