Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences (17032 Views)

When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job / 9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 12, 2013
Having worked in three different companies bank-dredging-Oil Servicing coy, I finally resigned from my last company where I was the Logistics Manager after i refused their offer to move to business development department in their quest to cut my pay cos I was the highest paid among all the employed office staff. My assistant who was the owners informant took over from me,but was sacked two months cos he doesn't know the job.

I own a company now that is diversified due to my experiences,I am now helping government to salvage unemployment and soon I ll employ my former assistant.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by lifestyle1(m): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2013
Dominiquez: Having worked in three different companies bank-dredging-Oil Servicing coy, I finally resigned from my last company where I was the Logistics Manager after i refused their offer to move to business development department in their quest to cut my pay cos I was the highest paid among all the employed office staff. My assistant who was the owners informant took over from me,but was sacked two months cos he doesn't know the job.

I own a company now that is diversified due to my experiences,I am now helping government to salvage unemployment and soon I ll employ my former assistant.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by bunmioguns(m): 11:11am On Oct 12, 2013
Dygeasy:

Haba!

Habatically!!!
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by kflexxy(m): 11:19am On Oct 12, 2013
Its only a lazy man dat won't adhere to this..
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by vibesbabe(f): 11:49am On Oct 12, 2013
I just quit my job two weeks ago because there is no fulfillment in the job at all.I was being paid peanuts with so much workload.I worked there for 7 years.Am presently at home.I need a new job badly.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by kenyarttar: 11:53am On Oct 12, 2013
I wouldn't say i quit. All the same sha I'm in a new place. Experience and responsibility wise it's a job progression, but financially it's a big demotion. But i've always been lucky and focused when pushed to the wall and so isha allah i see my self outta here tops Q1 2014.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by chakula: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2013
Last month exactly I ran away from Banking system to Secondary school as a teacher because of a Job security.

As you are aware Sunusi's policy is always not favourable to the Bankers.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2013
Incrizz:
cry

You got eyes that see and a brain that works!
How do u mean ?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by pickabeau1: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
This is so unfair

Did you get an offer letter which was signed and returned

nwaribe: I quit my job to start working with etisalat; following d resumptiom mail they sent me. They (etisalat) sent a mail again that d resumption has been postponed till further notice. Now I'm jobless. #sosad#.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by gulfer: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2013
oba2flex: No wonder u were not paid
Badt nigga
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Dudecollins(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
naturalwaves: Having stayed jobless for almost a year after service, I eventually picked up a meantime job in one of the old generation banks as a Teller on a contract basis. I never liked the job because;
1)It wasn't the kind of job I wanted, I studied computer science.
2)It never gave me time to do anything, not even the time to spend the salary.lol. The most painful experience I had was during the last Nations cup. I missed almost all the matches cos most were played during work hours and they didn't switch to the match playing channel.
3) I was being overused....I take cash lodgements, pay cash, confirm cheques through calls, update customers info at weekends and so on.
4)The old generation bank lacks organisation and the whole work load falls on you at the end of the day. If you can't balance the accounts, that's another problem.
5)The work environment was so hostile and I was never appreciated even though I did my job perfectly. Infact, there was a day my Boss who was a Vault Teller said that the problem I have is that I always try to be too perfect instead of complimenting me for a job well done cos I aleays use a maximum of 20 minutes to balance the accounts for the day after closing to customers.
6) The job was a risky one as the appointment could be terminated at any time.
7)Anytime I want to write an Aptitude test for another job, it is usually a tug of war. If my exam is in two days time, I will pretend like I am sick and won't come to work on the day of the test. Sometimes, I rely on sick leave to do that.

God so good, I got another job with the Lagos state government as an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) instructor in one of the secondary schools and I am enjoying the job so much.
I have enough time to myself, time to do personal studies, time to do Masters and IT certifications, time to develop and to cap it all, the job is a PERMANENT job so, if I want to switch, I will know that I still have a job no matter what.
My dream is to be a lecturer someday, infact, a Professor and my new job is very close to making that a reality. A teaching platform before lecturing is a good one, teaching is so much fun!

Which bank is dat pls? I'm asking to knw if I'm bout to be in da same ish and hw I'm going to cope wif the associated challenges. 10x
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by toprealman: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2013
Yaasir: This is the 2nd time I would change job this year; Access to StanbicIBTC to Cadbury. The first move was quite easy cos the pay was more and the grade. The present one was much more complicated. The pay is far less but I just love Cadbury. Unfortunately, Stanbic increased my salary by 50% immediately I tendered my resignation. The day I signed my offer letter with Cadbury I got another offer from Ecobank which is twice Cadbury's. All the same, I am now with Cadbury but being approached by another telecoms presently.
Lucky ya! I am sure you must have a wonderful CV with loads of work experience and certifications.
Play your game well and enjoy yourself mate.
Good luck Jonathan mate!

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by bcomputer101: 1:15pm On Oct 12, 2013
akpur1: If u are recieving 1million when u quit ur job to start recieving 5million things will be dry i mean broke all u nid that period will be prayers

Bros, no vex oooo.

But next time, try to use your brain and,

THINK.BEFORE.YOU.WRITE!

What is the meaning of this?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by bcomputer101: 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2013
Thebrightest: Mine was due to stupendously polobocratic and
syntromoniously fowllic issue which caused copious atrocity propagated by an electroencephallographically irreversible impairement which was flabbergastically sarcastic.

I told you before that spiritualist is not the answer to your brain problem.

Will you now follow me to T.B Joshua?
Any please stop smoking that weed...
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Amhappy(f): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2013
qplus:

I forgot to add dat my salary trippled.

Am also about to resume work as an engineer in federal ministry of science an technology. So I guess I wil soon move from my present job to d next.

Please how do i get this federal ministry job? I read Chemical Engrg but presently work as a Safety Engr. My present job is killing my morale and they are planing to move me to marketing and that will just kill my career.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by toprealman: 1:51pm On Oct 12, 2013
naturalwaves: Having stayed jobless for almost a year after service, I eventually picked up a meantime job in one of the old generation banks as a Teller on a contract basis. I never liked the job because;
1)It wasn't the kind of job I wanted, I studied computer science.
2)It never gave me time to do anything, not even the time to spend the salary.lol. The most painful experience I had was during the last Nations cup. I missed almost all the matches cos most were played during work hours and they didn't switch to the match playing channel.
3) I was being overused....I take cash lodgements, pay cash, confirm cheques through calls, update customers info at weekends and so on.
4)The old generation bank lacks organisation and the whole work load falls on you at the end of the day. If you can't balance the accounts, that's another problem.
5)The work environment was so hostile and I was never appreciated even though I did my job perfectly. Infact, there was a day my Boss who was a Vault Teller said that the problem I have is that I always try to be too perfect instead of complimenting me for a job well done cos I aleays use a maximum of 20 minutes to balance the accounts for the day after closing to customers.
6) The job was a risky one as the appointment could be terminated at any time.
7)Anytime I want to write an Aptitude test for another job, it is usually a tug of war. If my exam is in two days time, I will pretend like I am sick and won't come to work on the day of the test. Sometimes, I rely on sick leave to do that.

God so good, I got another job with the Lagos state government as an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) instructor in one of the secondary schools and I am enjoying the job so much.
I have enough time to myself, time to do personal studies, time to do Masters and IT certifications, time to develop and to cap it all, the job is a PERMANENT job so, if I want to switch, I will know that I still have a job no matter what.
My dream is to be a lecturer someday, infact, a Professor and my new job is very close to making that a reality. A teaching platform before lecturing is a good one, teaching is so much fun!
So teaching is now different from lecturing? Na real wa oh.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Amhappy(f): 2:07pm On Oct 12, 2013
Am believing God for change in job by Jan 2014. I left my previous job blc of change in location for this one and have been here for 2yrs. It has not been easy at alll,the management policy of victimization,mass penalty,late salary payment,suspicion,employees not part of operational decison making etc. I lost it when i watch a co-worker punished on heresay. I know God will do it.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
Dominiquez: Having worked in three different companies bank-dredging-Oil Servicing coy, I finally resigned from my last company where I was the Logistics Manager after i refused their offer to move to business development department in their quest to cut my pay cos I was the highest paid among all the employed office staff. My assistant who was the owners informant took over from me,but was sacked two months cos he doesn't know the job.

undecided undecided
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Pattey(m): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
frodobee: Dont kid yourself. The earlier you quit that baboon work, monkey chop work and work for yourself the better.
Let me tell those of you who are bankers; if you put in the time and dedication you put in your banking job into selling recharge cards, in five years you will be the reference point in recharge card and allied business.

I like your comment, but I also have a reservation; Not everyone can or should go into business. We only talk of entrepreneurship not because its the best 'for us' BUT because we lack abundance of gainful employment.

If you can't stand heartbreak(s), business is not for you. . .

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by kenochie1: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
i quit zenith bank for UBA and stayed there for only 1 year.then moved to a to a FMCG for lesser pay but for more responsibility,carrier growth and job security. Its all about knowing what you want and doing that which makes you happy and better. I advice that you consider everything before quiting your current job.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
pickabeau1: This is so unfair

Did you get an offer letter which was signed and returned

My Dear, we where suppose to collect d letter on dat day they asked us to come (according to dem). So unfair. I wish I could sue them.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by jarem(m): 3:59pm On Oct 12, 2013
Fired my Boss after 4 yrs of making money for him and became my own boss , looking back, I always kick myself for staying so long considering how far I have gone under 6months. Be your own Boss!

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by pickabeau1: 4:16pm On Oct 12, 2013
Damn.. This is bad

So what are your fall back scenarios

Can you resume where you were working

nwaribe:
My Dear, we where suppose to collect d letter on dat day they asked us to come (according to dem). So unfair. I wish I could sue them.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by DMainMan: 5:22pm On Oct 12, 2013
Quit my job for Masters. It is quite boring doing tasks dat anyone can do.

When I try doin more technical tasks, de wil say I should wait first and do those little tasks. My brain was bkoming dull and dull.

D pay was someaw low but main reason
I left was bkos d job wasnt challenging.

But staying at home now is quite frustrating due to ASUU strike. I didnt regret my decision at all as i got a scholarship for my programme.

It is fun as I have learnt a lot and developed my skills
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by musulumi(m): 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
I changed my job recently as an Accountant to join another as a an Associate in An International company.

After resigning, pleas came and offers were flying but experience minds in d industry warned that I should move on cos the offers are conditionally attached to my getting a new offer.

Now earning so much with nice Benefit in Kind packages.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Marsh104(m): 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2013
[quote author=toprealman]
So teaching is now different from lecturing? Na real wa oh.[/quote so at ur age and education u dont know that?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by naturalwaves: 6:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
Dudecollins:

Which bank is dat pls? I'm asking to knw if I'm bout to be in da same ish and hw I'm going to cope wif the associated challenges. 10x

The bank has three vowels in it . The only consonant in it appears twice. The funny thing was that, when I wanted to leave, they started begging and begging. The Head of Banking Operations HBO said he will give me the chance to do masters( that was what I told them). For security reasons, I left the same day I tendered a resignation letter cos if I had told them earlier, they might set me up with a funny transaction. Moreover, they don't even deserve an earlier notice cos if they want to terminate a contract based appointmentm they do so by text. After close of work one day, some peeps were texted when they got home not to bother coming on Monday for no reasons. Let me just say I avenged for those ones. Lolz

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by naturalwaves: 6:57pm On Oct 12, 2013
toprealman:
So teaching is now different from lecturing? Na real wa oh.
I will try not to be hard on you. Okay sir, teaching is different from lecturing. A teacher basically operates in secondary schools or primary schools while a lecturer is always in the higher institutions (universities, polytechnics etc). Lecturing is more specified as you can easily chose an arear of expertise(we have arears like Networking, Robotics,Neural networks, Artificial Intelligence, Security etc in computer science) and carry out further researches on that area. Moreover, a lecturer deals with more mature minds that either have a bit of the background knowledge or are capable of reading and carrying out some further researches of the subject matter while a Teacher basically starts from the scratch and spoon feeds the students. I hope I have answered your question?
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by pickabeau1: 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2013
^^ schooled grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 12, 2013
pickabeau1: Damn.. This is bad

So what are your fall back scenarios

Can you resume where you were working

I tried to go back but the MD refused. I'm still pleading with him to take me back bt I knw he'll use me if I eventually go back to dat job. I'm already thinking of learning a skill.
Re: Did You Recently Quit Your Job For Another One? Let Us Share Experiences by pickabeau1: 7:13pm On Oct 12, 2013
nwaribe:
I tried to go back but the MD refused. I'm still pleading with him to take me back bt I knw he'll use me if I eventually go back to dat job. I'm already thinking of learning a skill.

Be encouraged
Something better will come your way

Take that skill seriously and perfect yourself in it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Meet Akintola Williams, The First Chartered Accountant In Africa / Will You Return This To Your Company? / 5 Important Technical Skills To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.