Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. (8507 Views)

Kano Youths Lead In Drug Abuse Index Of The NDLEA / Two Kano Youths On Their Way To Join ISIS Apprehended In India / Drunk Policeman Falls Into The Gutter In Ibadan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2008
Weird! Youths in Kano inhale gutter odour to get drugged *558 suspects arrested —NDLEA

Sunday, June 29, 2008
NATIONAL Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Kano State Command said thousands of youths in the state inhaled gutter odour, sniff bicycle solution as well as take overdose of Benzyl cough syrup to get drugged, just as 558 suspects were so far arrested in the past six months.

The state NDLEA commander Barrister Nicholas Walter Salu who disclosed this during a press conference held to mark this years UN Anti-Drug day, described the recent discovery of the command as very disturbing because they cannot prosecute perpetrators.

Barrister Salu who said the command has been ranked number one in the country, said its achievements within the last six months almost doubled what they had in 2006-2007 because of the team work of officers in the command.

He further disclosed that hard drugs weighing over 2,080,849 kg were seized from suspects, while 73 suspects were convicted, another 201 suspects were also counseled by the command during the period under review.

The Kano NDLEA boss then called on the state House of Assembly to assist the command by enacting a law to regulate the sale of bicycle solution and other local intoxicants in the state to enable them make Kano a drug free state.

Said he, “There is no doubt that the drug abuse is a global problem, while we strive to do our part very well in Kano State, we call for understanding, co-operation and assistance from all sectors of the state, together with international organization to contribute their quota to addressing the problem.”

On the collaboration with Hisba (Sharia law enforcer), he said the feat achieved by the command this year was as a result of the contribution of the Hisba men, adding that the agency will continue to work with them to fight the menace of drug in the state.

Said he, “Let me tell you frankly, there is no way I can deny that the command currently has very cordial relationship with the Hisba command in Kano State and even the A daidaita sahu team. We are even proposing to train some of their men to effectively assist us.”

Blaming politicians for the upsurge of drug abuse in the state, he appealed to those who take advantage of the youths because of the hard economic situation in the country to achieve their selfish interest to have a rethink because of the adverse effect it has in the state.

He charged youths to be wary of action selfish politicians who abuse their right and future with selfish interest and shun them whenever they are being invited, added that a wasted youthfulness has damaging consequence on them. Barrister Salu who says his door is open for any useful information from the members of the public, warned drug barons, traffickers and money launders to change their heart from illicit businesses, as his command will work around the clock to arrest them.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11269&Itemid=42
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 8:31am On Jun 30, 2008
Lol; Apparently, weed that used to be cheap is now beyond the reach of the poor masses, Haba, Yaradua and his bad govt!!!! Very soon, those that smoke cigarettes in Nigeria will start smoking used sanitary pads because they can't afford the real cigarettes.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by tufe(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2008
hmmmm. . . . . quite a shame.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by bilymuse: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2008
what there to say, everybody seem to be mad; and the president is sick!!!!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2008
Is this a joke?? Gutter Odour?? To get high?? Are they mad
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by ifyalways(f): 2:20am On Jul 01, 2008
RedHotChic:

Lol; Apparently, weed that used to be cheap is now beyond the reach of the poor masses, Haba, Yaradua and his bad govt!!!! Very soon, those that smoke cigarettes in Nigeria will start smoking used sanitary pads because they can't afford the real cigarettes.
cheeei,you bad oooh shocked shocked shocked.lol
@Topic,this must be a joke.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Ijiji1(m): 2:25am On Jul 01, 2008
Why are you'll hating on my Hausa brothers
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 01, 2008
raw sewage releases gases like small carbon-chain alkanes like methane, alkenes and most prominantly hydrogen sulfide (which all account for the putrid odour). I suppose that is what the fellas inhale.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On Jul 01, 2008
Dude,  even cow fart contains a % of the same,  would you even go near to sniff that ?? these idiots sniffing that stench to get high?? MY GOSH!!!!
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 01, 2008
kobo, its not me doing the sniffing.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by CH3COO(m): 2:28am On Jul 01, 2008
Maybe we should start killing cows too to curb global warming.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Jul 01, 2008
ROFLMAO!!!! It's just I can not imagine why in the world anyone would want to sniff gutter fumes to get high WHY GUTTER for pete's sake??
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 3:03am On Jul 01, 2008
Why are you'll hating on my Hausa brothers
Did you see anywhere in the article that said the inhalers are hausas?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 3:04am On Jul 01, 2008
raw sewage releases gases like small carbon-chain alkanes like methane, alkenes and most prominantly hydrogen sulfide (which all account for the putrid odour). I suppose that is what the fellas inhale.
Why not visit the farms and inhale cow fart?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by CH3COO(m): 3:05am On Jul 01, 2008
We can't have the cows farting anyhow anymore. It contributes ginormously to global warming.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 3:29am On Jul 01, 2008
We can't have the cows farting anyhow anymore. It contributes ginormously to global warming.
The youths need it for getting high. You may consider packaging them like they do water in Nigeria. That may make a good sell.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 3:58am On Jul 01, 2008
Kano battles spread of strange 'chemical' among youths
From Adamu Abuh, Kano

KANO State government has expressed concern over the disastrous effects of a chemical item identified as rubber solution abused by youths in the state.

advertisement
A section of youths in the state, it was learnt, had formed the habit of sniffing the substance, which makes them to lose self-control and sometimes become unconscious.

Director-General of the Directorate of Societal Re-orientation, Dr. Bala Mohammed, while speaking with journalists shortly after a seminar on "Youths Against Drug Abuse" at the weekend, lamented the ugly trend among youths in the state, adding that the substance known as Adai daita Sahu, which is bought as glue, was used for other illicit acts by youths.

He said: "While we agree that bicycle repairers and others are doing their legitimate trade by dealing in rubber solution, we still believe there could be a deliberate ploy by some unscrupulous persons to destroy our youths with this harmful substance. I say so because why do we have one million sticks of this substance required by only a handful of persons in our market?"

Mohammed disclosed that the one million sticks of glue had been confiscated by officials of his outfit, in conjunction with members of the Hisba Board after a raid of the Kofar Ruwa Market recently.

He stated that his organisation had approached the Consumer Protection Council (CPC) to explore means of regulating the sale of the substance to members of the public.

Kano State Commander of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Mr. Nicholas Walter, said the agency was handicapped over the issue of the abuse of the rubber solution.

Nevertheless, he said he organised a meeting with members of the Association of Rubber Solution Dealers in Kano to explore means of ensuring that the end-users of the product were the deserving persons in the state

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jun/30/31.html
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 4:00am On Jul 01, 2008
What is going on in kano? It's time we nickname kano "the center of Euphoria".

Again, is the sharia law not against drug abuse?
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2008
lol, malos,
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Jakumo(m): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2008
Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it.    At least you won't get busted for scuba diving in the gutter, which is definitely prefereable to what would happen if you stood beside that same gutter smoking a joint.  Rather than ridicule the gentlemen who have turned Nigeria's fetid open sewers into a treasured natural resource about which Nigerians can finally be proud, we should applaud their resourcefulness, ingenuity and undying spirit of adventure.

A few condensed thoughts on Sewage Surfing :

"I never met an open sewer that I didn't like, which is more than can be said about some people."   

"Marijuana and cocaine are  crutches for those who don't have the balls to do the Kano Gutter Trawl."

"Flotsam, in my nostrils, makes me happy.   Green slime, almost always, makes me high."

"Well since my dealer left me, I found a new place to dwell,  It runs alongside get-high street - The Sewage Hotel."

Any fool can fire up a joint, but it takes a REAL man to " do the sewage thang" .

"Rubba Dub dub I was taking a bath,  in raw sewage on a Saturday night."

"I love the smell of sewage in the morning.  It smells like nirvana."

1 Like

Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by smile4kenn(m): 7:48am On Jul 01, 2008
Almost 90% of the hausas here live on drugs, they smoke and trade weeds, iice, Happy Five, Ecstasy and some cough syrubs, I see it as part of them because they do it everyday. In this part of the world, people take weed like there is no tommorow and i see nothing bad in it.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by redsun(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2008
It is toxic,it could make you high,just like white chaps sniffing glues,dangerous chemicals and even poos to get high.A case of use what you have to get what you want,the youths have filth,so they use it.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by SkyBlue1: 8:38am On Jul 01, 2008
Jakumo:

Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it.    At least you won't get busted for scuba diving in the gutter, which is definitely prefereable to what would happen if you stood beside that same gutter smoking a joint.  Rather than ridicule the gentlemen who have turned Nigeria's fetid open sewers into a treasured natural resource about which Nigerians can finally be proud, we should applaud their resourcefulness, ingenuity and undying spirit of adventure.

"I never met an open sewer that I didn't like, which is more than can be said about some people."   

"Marijuana and cocaine are  crutches for those who don't have the balls to do the Kano Gutter Trawl."

"Flotsam, in my nostrils, makes me happy.   Green slime, almost always, makes me high."

"Well since my dealer left me, I found a new place to dwell,  It runs alongside get-high street - The Sewage Hotel."

Any fool can fire up a joint, but it takes a REAL man to " do the sewage thang" .

"Rubba Dub dub I was taking a bath,  in raw sewage on a Saturday night."

"I love the smell of sewage in the morning.  It smells like nirvana."

Jakumo you seem to be well schooled in this area, do you "do the gutter"?  cheesy
This "Sewage surfing" would soon form part of the informal economy so people should take advantage of it while it is free oh. And you know you have to get to Kano to do such, Kano gutter is in a class of its own, it is the "o.g". Soon it would be 50Naira per sniff and 5k for 1 minute of gutter surfing of which you would have to have booked in advance especially if you plan on "hitting it" at the hot spots of the Kano metropolis where the politicians and celebs sniff.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 8:49am On Jul 01, 2008
Almost 90% of the hausas here live on drugs, they smoke and trade weeds, iice, Happy Five, Ecstasy and some cough syrubs, I see it as part of them because they do it everyday. In this part of the world, people take weed like there is no tommorow and i see nothing bad in it.

This is a very bogus statistics. 30%, may be but 90%? hell no.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2008
Hey, don't knock it till you've tried it. At least you won't get busted for scuba diving in the gutter, which is definitely prefereable to what would happen if you stood beside that same gutter smoking a joint. Rather than ridicule the gentlemen who have turned Nigeria's fetid open sewers into a treasured natural resource about which Nigerians can finally be proud, we should applaud their resourcefulness, ingenuity and undying spirit of adventure.

"Marijuana and cocaine are crutches for those who don't have the balls to do the Kano Gutter Trawl."

"Flotsam, in my nostrils, makes me happy. Green slime, almost always, makes me high."

"Well since my dealer left me, I found a new place to dwell, It runs alongside get-high street - The Sewage Hotel."

"Rubba Dub dub I was taking a bath, in raw sewage on a Saturday night."

"I love the smell of sewage in the morning. It smells like nirvana."

Roflmao
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Jakumo(m): 8:58am On Jul 01, 2008
Disturbing reports reaching my desk confirm that squads of stern-faced armed security guards have been deployed to keep vigil over all of Kano's fabled open sewers to deter hordes of non-indigenous gutter aroma sniffers who have besieged the ancient city in the belief that the sewers of Kano offer a superior high to those in other cities of the country.

Trust Nigerian spoil sports to ruin a new sport just as soon as it is created.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by SkyBlue1: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2008
No probs, if you still want to "hit it" like the indegenes just dumb down your vocabulary and change your name to something like Musa, its all good. @Jakumo, you definately won't pass for an indegene, you just aren't convincing enough. For your case you might have to go to extreme measures to convince anyone like say burn a church before you are treated as an indegene. That move alone and you are sniffing it once again with the big boys.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by RedHotChic(f): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2008
Disturbing reports reaching my desk confirm that squads of stern-faced armed security guards have been deployed to keep vigil over all of Kano's fabled open sewers to deter hordes of non-indigenous gutter aroma sniffers who have besieged the ancient city in the belief that the sewers of Kano offer a superior high to those in other cities of the country.

Trust Nigerian spoil sports to ruin a new sport just as soon as it is created.
Wouldn't it be better for them to charge taxes and fees for sniffing their gutters? while some really stale ones should be marked V.S.O.G(very superior old gas) and should be sniffed for a higher fee.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by cold(m): 10:24am On Jul 01, 2008
This is rilly pathetic.U nid to see a rubber solution junkie to know it's rilly like.His mannerisms wld make a cocaine addict go green with envy.More like the Goskolo guzzlers in Jos.(Just in any event u don't know what goskolo is,it is a chemical waste derived from enthanol & consumed wit relish in some parts of Plateau)
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Kobojunkie: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2008
oH YUCK!!! I would gladly buy these people glue to sniff, anything to ge tthem off the gutter sniffing deal.
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by SkyBlue1: 12:52pm On Jul 01, 2008
Kobojunkie:

oH YUCK!!! I would gladly buy these people glue to sniff, anything to ge tthem off the gutter sniffing deal.

LOL @Kobojunkie i did not know you are a supplier of the sticky stuff, well well well, now we know. cheesy
Re: Kano Youths Inhale Gutter Odour To Get High. by Radiant(f): 12:58pm On Jul 01, 2008
This is beyond Nigeria deteriorating embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News President Buhari Is Back In Nigeria (photo) / LASG: Only 600,000 Lagos Residents Pay Tax Out Of 22m Population / Kwankwaso Woos 'New Afenifere'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.